Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

We Are Ninja

About Those Glitchy Pelts that Disappear At The Butcher's Stand...

Recommended Posts

We Are Ninja

I've come to believe that it's an intentional, yet poorly-implemented control mechanism. A cap on total payout per hunt, if you will. I haven't figured out the exact amount, but if I pull up with $75 or $80 worth of spoils, deer/pronghorn pelts sell without issue regardless of quality. But as soon as your total value gets over $100, things get dicey.  As best I can tell, $120 or so seems to be the magic amount before pelts start disappearing instead of selling. Now, I don't say that with 100% certainty, but that's what the evidence seems to suggest...

 

If this is actually the case, it seems super sloppy. R* could have simply had the butcher advise that he didn't need any more of X, or any more items from the player, or something like that. But I suppose that this is better than some 48 in-game hour cooldown between sells like there was for cars in GTAO...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr.Rosenthal

Sounds real fishy if that’s the case, but who knows.

 

I’ve been thinking it feels like there’s a cap as to how many pelts we can put on our horse so that when you reach a certain number, the old ones start to despawn.

 

I do agree though that it always starts out alright and when I get to my last items - usually pelts - stuff won’t sell, so I exit out the butcher, re-enter and the item is mysteriously gone. So yeah. You could be right but it would be a new level of dirty trickery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TCA

I noticed it doesn’t seem to do it when you sell in bulk, only with singles. I could be wrong though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AUScowboy

There's a work around. When one ghosts out and doesn't pay, skip forward to your next cheapest item and hit that. Most times I get the money for both the greyed out and cheaper item. Doesn't always work though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IamCourtney

It seems to be more to do with connection issues and transactions getting lost in the shuffle when a lot of them are thrown at the system rapidly. Since the items on your horse are last on the list by default, they're mostly likely to suffer, combined with the fact that their being on the horse adds another layer of separation to cause potential issues.

 

Sell the stuff on your horse first (pelts and carcasses), then sell stacks of items by holding the Sell All button, then sell the remaining individual items with a slight pause between. Not an ideal solution but I rarely lose items with this method regardless of the total number or value of items being sold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Showtime58

Your post actually brought me here from Google and I figured I'd make an account- so cheers to first posts! :p

 

OP, it's hard to tell if that's the case because the issue seems to be mainly with pelts as your post states. A good way for us to counter this is to focus our efforts towards things like Feathers, Horns, Antlers, Fat, Meat, Carcasses and things like that.

 

Don't get me wrong, some pelts may fetch a low price (2.00 for a perfect sheep pelt) but if we focus on the ones that fetch higher prices (what is it for a perfect buck, 4-5? That's a great price. Even higher for a Panther or Cougar too if I'm not mistaken) and don't break a simple rule of thumb until they fix it- we gravy for profits baby.

 

What rule of thumb is that? Simple. NEVER by any circumstance load more than 3 pelts onto the horse.

 

Scenario: Lets say I have 3 perfect deer pelts on my horse, 2 ducks on the sides, and a deer on the back. If I find another perfect buck, kill it, drag it to the butcher with a lasso and skin it there: I can sell the pelt in my hand, leave the menu, pick up the deer and sell everything without glitching and depending on how much complimentary hunting I've done (meats, fats, horns, feathers) I will easily make more than 100 bucks (without having to hunt 100 bucks :p).

 

Cheers yo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4eyedcoupe

Not saying your wrong because I also wondered if it had to do with a daily sell limit that is bugged, but still I have the issue without selling a large number of pelts or carcass'.  Because of the bug, I consider anything I get from pelts a bonus and I concentrate more on satchel items so I am only selling a couple of pelts or carcass at a time and I still get jipped even if selling just 2-3 pelts. Also I always sell the items on the horse before my satchel items, and I've never not gotten paid for a satchel item. One thing that I do now that I think has helped is I stopped selling carcass from the horse, I remove them and then sell while holding it.  It's helped with the carcass, but obviously I still lose out on pelts sometime.  My advice is, remove carcass and sell one at time(I know its a PIA, but remove carcass->sell & repeat), then sell pelts or horse items and then sell satchel items last.  This method for, me personally, has cut my loses tremendously.   I hope this helps out some other people.  

 

I've had $200+ trips to the butcher without losing anything, but that is mostly from fish, and satchel items.

Edited by Jlindstead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Showtime58
2 minutes ago, Jlindstead said:

Not saying your wrong because I also wondered if it had to do with a daily sell limit that is bugged, but still I have the issue without selling a large number of pelts or carcass'.  Because of the bug, I consider anything I get from pelts a bonus and I concentrate more on satchel items so I am only selling a couple of pelts or carcass at a time and I still get jipped even if selling just 2-3 pelts. Also I always sell the items on the horse before my satchel items, and I've never not gotten paid for a satchel item. One thing that I do now that I think has helped is I stopped selling carcass from the horse, I remove them and then sell while holding it.  It's helped with the carcass, but obviously I still lose out on pelts sometime.  My advice is, remove carcass and sell one at time(I know its a PIA, but remove carcass->sell & repeat), then sell pelts or horse items and then sell satchel items last.  This method for, me personally, has cut my loses tremendously.   I hope this helps out some other people.  

I will say- I used to use TKIP/AES security for my Wi-Fi and something about it just... didn't take with Rockstar servers well lol I went 3 days without seeing an animal, I'd lose entire inventories of items, hideouts would disappear or not register as completed and sometimes I couldn't even pick up things from the post. A great way to tell if this is the problem is go into your connection settings and test your connection.

 

If it's something like, 50 mb download and 10 mb upload, it could be due to Latency and not Bandwidth- I went from 60 mb Download, 20 mb Upload to 10 mb Download, 2 mb Upload and my gameplay has been significantly less buggy.

 

It might be a shot in the dark: But if you're using wi-fi, take a look at what wi-fi security you're using. I recommend TKIP and WPA. Personally I saw lots of glitches disappear when I changed it. Cheers mate, hope things end legit! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4eyedcoupe
8 minutes ago, Showtime58 said:

I will say- I used to use TKIP/AES security for my Wi-Fi and something about it just... didn't take with Rockstar servers well lol I went 3 days without seeing an animal, I'd lose entire inventories of items, hideouts would disappear or not register as completed and sometimes I couldn't even pick up things from the post. A great way to tell if this is the problem is go into your connection settings and test your connection.

 

If it's something like, 50 mb download and 10 mb upload, it could be due to Latency and not Bandwidth- I went from 60 mb Download, 20 mb Upload to 10 mb Download, 2 mb Upload and my gameplay has been significantly less buggy.

 

It might be a shot in the dark: But if you're using wi-fi, take a look at what wi-fi security you're using. I recommend TKIP and WPA. Personally I saw lots of glitches disappear when I changed it. Cheers mate, hope things end legit! :)

And this is why I use a wired connection.  I know not everyone has the ability to do so, so that's probably some good advice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IAMJericho

I believe it to be either the amount of items being sold or the amount of money being paid out. I am running wired on a 100mb/25mb and my pelts are marked as sold but money never given.

 

I will test to see if maybe I sell pelts first then other items as a possible work around. I loose around $50 when I go sell in bulk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chrismads

Its completely random for me. But I get nowhere near 10$ of pelts before he starts stealing my pelts. Only thing I know is that my first pelt sale will always be a success. I've sold 1 cougar carcass 2 times, so the butcher isn't always an asshole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay
2 hours ago, Chrismads said:

Its completely random for me. But I get nowhere near 10$ of pelts before he starts stealing my pelts. Only thing I know is that my first pelt sale will always be a success. I've sold 1 cougar carcass 2 times, so the butcher isn't always an asshole

Yep, fully random and has nothing to do with what has been posted. I've tried every kind of selling order and it doesn't matter damn bit. Seems to have got worse since the last dribbled update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rusbeckia
On 1/17/2019 at 2:44 PM, We Are Ninja said:

I've come to believe that it's an intentional, yet poorly-implemented control mechanism. A cap on total payout per hunt, if you will. I haven't figured out the exact amount, but if I pull up with $75 or $80 worth of spoils, deer/pronghorn pelts sell without issue regardless of quality. But as soon as your total value gets over $100, things get dicey.  As best I can tell, $120 or so seems to be the magic amount before pelts start disappearing instead of selling. Now, I don't say that with 100% certainty, but that's what the evidence seems to suggest...

 

If this is actually the case, it seems super sloppy. R* could have simply had the butcher advise that he didn't need any more of X, or any more items from the player, or something like that. But I suppose that this is better than some 48 in-game hour cooldown between sells like there was for cars in GTAO...

Hmm can‘t relate honestly. I sold more than 140$ several times. Sometimes the sellmenu seems frozen, then i just back out and in again and it works. 

 

Someone mentioned in another thread that the butcher sometimes doesn‘t pay you for your pelts, is this the same problem you‘ve observed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talisman_83

The only real solution I've found is just to not go anywhere near bucks, deer, wolves, etc.

Rather, I make a point of only storing one perfect gator on the back with spoonbill / heron carcasses on the side.

Along with those, feathers and big game meat are my go-to now and I've never lost anything since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fatsanchez

Im pretty sure this is a bug and not intentional, because it seems to only happen when trying to sell something thats stored on your horse. Anything that is in your satchel is safe. The best thing is to forget about pelts for a while, and when selling carcassess, always do it while carrying them on your shoulders. Anything thats on the horse CAN glitch when selling in my experience.

 

Big game meat is still number one for me. Also trouts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite
On 1/17/2019 at 8:49 AM, Dr.Rosenthal said:

Sounds real fishy if that’s the case, but who knows.

 

I’ve been thinking it feels like there’s a cap as to how many pelts we can put on our horse so that when you reach a certain number, the old ones start to despawn.

 

I do agree though that it always starts out alright and when I get to my last items - usually pelts - stuff won’t sell, so I exit out the butcher, re-enter and the item is mysteriously gone. So yeah. You could be right but it would be a new level of dirty trickery.

Is it possibly due to lag?

 

I only ask, as I've run into a similar issue trying to sell herbs at the doctor (in addition to items at the butcher)--if I sell too fast, things just clog up, and even exiting the sell screen and trying to come back in doesn't fix it.

 

Selling things slowly (almost?) always seems to work, but it's a royal pain, because of how dog slow the "item sold" animations on the right side of the screen are--they're clearly NOT designed for accommodating rapid item sales from the player, but they should be!

 

FWIW, am running on a ~30Mb down, 2.5Mb up connection.

 

Brings up another pet peeve of mine with this game: animations and character movement. Besides being slower than molasses, they both restrict how quickly you can (or can't) do something, let alone put you in danger; e.g. you can't suddenly stop skinning a deer when a griefer spawns nearby.

Edited by DentureDynamite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We Are Ninja

Still having this issue, and still never had a sale over $90. I mean, with full plumes from multiple birds, a nice carcass, a couple of exotic bird carcasses, and 20+ skins. Pelts, be they be gator, boar, deer, buck, pronghorn, etc... I'll hit sell, and they won't dissappear until I sell something else, at which point they'll just disappear. I've had ten or fifteen of them do it in a sale. I've tried waiting a few seconds between selling the next item item, selling in a different order, alternating between pelts and other items, etc. And I'm still having the same issue.  -_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talisman_83

I filed a bug report yesterday, explaining how frequently it occurs and the loss I'm taking (well, used to take before I switched to feathers rather than buck pelts)

 

Rockstar support: (inItial generic response) - "we're sorry, we know about the bug, etc"

Me: I appreciate you know about the bug, but I'm still out of pocket and would appreciate some form of compensation.

Rockstar support: I've escalated it

Rockstar Tier 2 support: We've credited your account with $500

Me: 😁

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Foxwolfe

Seems like it's an issue with too many different pelt kinds/qualities, I have no hard evidence but in my experience that's where I have issues.

 

Does not seem related to a payout cap as I can load up on fish/feathers/meats/small animal perfect pelt stacks and whatnot then toss a perfect panther and 5 or 6 perfect cougar pelts and pull in around 400 dollars at a time and not have an issue selling if I keep the medium animal pelts to a minimum (in this case just focusing on a handful of perfect cougar or panther pelts). Doing a large sale like this I'll end up with upwards of 50 or more individual items in my satchel that I can sell to the butcher.

 

For sure an annoying bug though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
krooked kouki

Definitely not related to a cap. 

 

I sold about 1-2 pelts last night before the rest glitched out and wouldn’t sell. Meat and the rest sold fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rusbeckia
On 2/2/2019 at 5:31 PM, We Are Ninja said:

 I'll hit sell, and they won't dissappear until I sell something else, at which point they'll just disappear

have you ever actually counted the "+$" that is shown on the right hand side of the screen? Because the sell menu is "stuck" for me as well often so that the pelt/carcass/whatever doesn't disappear until selling the next item, but I NEVER did not recieve the money for it. 

it happened yesterday last time, when I had a bunch of stuff including a baby alligator for 6,50$. Sell menu was stuck until I sold the alligator pelt and you could see on the right hand side "+6,50$, +3,50$"
 

On 2/2/2019 at 5:31 PM, We Are Ninja said:

Still having this issue, and still never had a sale over $90. I mean, with full plumes from multiple birds, a nice carcass, a couple of exotic bird carcasses, and 20+ skins. Pelts, be they be gator, boar, deer, buck, pronghorn, etc... I'll hit sell, and they won't dissappear until I sell something else, at which point they'll just disappear. I've had ten or fifteen of them do it in a sale. I've tried waiting a few seconds between selling the next item item, selling in a different order, alternating between pelts and other items, etc. And I'm still having the same issue.  -_-

I advice you to get into small game hunting if you never topped 90$.

Edited by rusbeckia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite

^^ Max out on four or five kinds of fish (poor and perfect), plus a perfect deer and a bunch of small birds/animals, etc. and you can easily go well over $100.

Edited by DentureDynamite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We Are Ninja
12 hours ago, rusbeckia said:

have you ever actually counted the "+$" that is shown on the right hand side of the screen? Because the sell menu is "stuck" for me as well often so that the pelt/carcass/whatever doesn't disappear until selling the next item, but I NEVER did not recieve the money for it. 

it happened yesterday last time, when I had a bunch of stuff including a baby alligator for 6,50$. Sell menu was stuck until I sold the alligator pelt and you could see on the right hand side "+6,50$, +3,50$"
 

I advice you to get into small game hunting if you never topped 90$.

I've watched that area. I never receive money for the glitched ones. I prefer small game hunting, butI usually kill deer and pronghorns on my way over. They NEVER sell. I'm gonna try to limit my pelts to two different kinds, and see if that makes a difference like someone suggested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rusbeckia
36 minutes ago, We Are Ninja said:

I've watched that area. I never receive money for the glitched ones. I prefer small game hunting, butI usually kill deer and pronghorns on my way over. They NEVER sell. I'm gonna try to limit my pelts to two different kinds, and see if that makes a difference like someone suggested.

That sucks. I hope this gets cleared out soon. 

Write a bug report to r* they‘ll give you 500$ compensation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jstev4610
2 hours ago, rusbeckia said:

That sucks. I hope this gets cleared out soon. 

Write a bug report to r* they‘ll give you 500$ compensation.

Lol way back I submitted maybe 10 bug reports and they all came back with a response of we know.  I gave up. Maybe I’m not writing angrily enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talisman_83
18 hours ago, jstev4610 said:

Lol way back I submitted maybe 10 bug reports and they all came back with a response of we know.  I gave up. Maybe I’m not writing angrily enough.

If they give you the generic reply of "we're aware of the bug, thank you for contacting us", reply and tell them while you're happy it's a known issue, you would appreciate some compensation.

It'll get escalated to Tier 2 Support who - in my case - awarded me $500.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rusbeckia
On 2/5/2019 at 11:10 PM, jstev4610 said:

Lol way back I submitted maybe 10 bug reports and they all came back with a response of we know.  I gave up. Maybe I’m not writing angrily enough.

i just told them that I made more than 8000$ with selling animal parts (you can check that in the awards section) and that I've lost 800-1000$ due to the bug. 10% is a good guess I think ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mad-Monkey_1st
On 2/6/2019 at 4:43 PM, Talisman_83 said:

If they give you the generic reply of "we're aware of the bug, thank you for contacting us", reply and tell them while you're happy it's a known issue, you would appreciate some compensation.

It'll get escalated to Tier 2 Support who - in my case - awarded me $500.

And what is Tier 2 support exactly 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PetrolCB
29 minutes ago, GTP_Monkey said:

And what is Tier 2 support exactly 

 

A shelf above copy/paste replies. 

To be fair, those are actual people robots who generally do give you the time of day. Depends. 

Edited by PetrolCB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rusbeckia
57 minutes ago, GTP_Monkey said:

And what is Tier 2 support exactly 

 

Its second level helpdesk. 

When you report a issue, first level support will handle it. If they can‘t/don‘t want to fix the issue, they‘ll escalate the support ticket to the next, second level support. If second level support can‘t help you, they‘ll escalate the ticket to third level support.

31 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

A shelf above copy/paste replies. 

To be fair, those are actual people robots who generally do give you the time of day. Depends. 

I‘ve issued 15 tickets easily until now and always got a genuine reply. Can‘t say the support employees are robots.

Edited by rusbeckia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.