Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. DLC
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
      7. The Diamond Casino Heist
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Vik2390

Red Dead Online Next Updates Speculation Thread

Recommended Posts

AStiffBreeze
7 minutes ago, CosmicBuffalo said:

Is the better spawning part of the event week?  

No. Animal spawns seem to dependent on the number of players in the lobby: fewer players = better spawns. Above 20ish players, animal spawns almost dry up entirely. I’d imagine you were just in a lobby with a low player count. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CosmicBuffalo
17 minutes ago, AStiffBreeze said:

No. Animal spawns seem to dependent on the number of players in the lobby: fewer players = better spawns. Above 20ish players, animal spawns almost dry up entirely. I’d imagine you were just in a lobby with a low player count. 

That was a joke.  My lobby was full, but it has reverted to trash when I took my dog for a walk. 

 

The spawning in that lobby was so good, I completed every spawn related daily in 20 mins.  When I saw them this morning, I said well I am never going to be able to get a panther.  WIll have to find a new session for an hour.  I am not doing that.

Edited by CosmicBuffalo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Red Lynx 23
28 minutes ago, CosmicBuffalo said:

That was a joke.  My lobby was full, but it has reverted to trash when I took my dog for a walk. 

 

The spawning in that lobby was so good, I completed every spawn related daily in 20 mins.  When I saw them this morning, I said well I am never going to be able to get a panther.  WIll have to find a new session for an hour.  I am not doing that.

I had to use the temporary solo lobby glitch to find a Panther, as well as the fourth and final Deer to complete both those daily challenges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
éX-Driver
4 hours ago, Gray-Hand said:

In 1898, the sale, manufacture and/or importation of alcohol was regulated or even outright banned in a lot of states. Alcohol laws across America were a tangled clusterf*ck.

 

In fact, in 1898 the Supreme Court finally made a ruling that it was the constitutional right of all Americans to drink imported alcohol.

Fair enough. But in 1898, several of the ‘states’ the game takes place in weren’t states yet. Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona, and I think Colorado were all territories rather than states, and therefore fell under the jurisdiction of the federal government rather than their own government. At least, that’s how ‘state/territory’ worked here, so I can presume it was the same in the US. And the US didn’t regulate alcohol on a federal level until Prohibition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gray-Hand
3 minutes ago, éX-Driver said:

Fair enough. But in 1898, several of the ‘states’ the game takes place in weren’t states yet. Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona, and I think Colorado were all territories rather than states, and therefore fell under the jurisdiction of the federal government rather than their own government. At least, that’s how ‘state/territory’ worked here, so I can presume it was the same in the US. And the US didn’t regulate alcohol on a federal level until Prohibition. 

Indeed, but in any event prohibition certainly exists in the game.  Strawberry for instance is a ‘dry town’.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RaigeGames
1 hour ago, éX-Driver said:

Fair enough. But in 1898, several of the ‘states’ the game takes place in weren’t states yet. Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona, and I think Colorado were all territories rather than states, and therefore fell under the jurisdiction of the federal government rather than their own government. At least, that’s how ‘state/territory’ worked here, so I can presume it was the same in the US. And the US didn’t regulate alcohol on a federal level until Prohibition. 

While the game takes place before Prohibition, it does take place during the Temperance Movement, which was a successful campaign by Christian women to declare alcohol "unclean" and a "sin." Because of this campaign anti-alcohol education was taught in schools and many states and territories began to adopt prohibition laws. In our case, operating a speakeasy wouldn't have been unheard of at the time.

 

xYblAGf.jpg

 

42Xp4nI.jpg

 

I also found this tidbit interesting:

8WTwWjT.jpg

 

Edited by RaigeGames
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RaigeGames
28 minutes ago, Gray-Hand said:

Indeed, but in any event prohibition certainly exists in the game.  Strawberry for instance is a ‘dry town’.  

Forgot about this! Now I DEFINITELY want to run my speakeasy out of Strawberry 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gray-Hand
8 minutes ago, RaigeGames said:

Forgot about this! Now I DEFINITELY want to run my speakeasy out of Strawberry 

It presumably had some kind of speakeasy in single player too, since Lenny mentions that Micah got arrested after getting into a fight when they were both getting a drink in strawberry.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheLordMarvel
9 hours ago, kcole4001 said:

No!

No, no, no, no, no!

 

Image result for No! gif

 

Isn't it marvelous when we can hear gifs? 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pocket Fox

How many gb's (gigabytes) was the Frontier Pursuits update?

I'd expect this (Moonshine update) to be about the same size, perhaps slightly bigger given interiors etc.

Edited by Pocket Fox
Clarification x2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XLG The Joker
6 minutes ago, Pocket Fox said:

How many gb's was the Frontier Pursuits update?

I'd expect this (Moonshine update) to be about the same size, perhaps slightly bigger given interiors etc.

Around 10 gbs on Xbox for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
1 hour ago, Pocket Fox said:

How many gb's was the Frontier Pursuits update?

I'd expect this (Moonshine update) to be about the same size, perhaps slightly bigger given interiors etc.

For "essentials", if you didn't link accounts or collect cards in GTAO etc. it was 35gb for the Outlaw Pass and 15gb for each role, so 80gb 8n total, but, 35gb was recouped over the course of completing the Outlaw Pass, so a 45gb spend before cosmetics etc.

 

I expect Outlaw Pass Mk II to be more expensive than the last, but I do think the upfront cost will again be recouped through completing it. 

 

It will be interesting to see whether the Moonshiner role will have a gold only buy in and whether we'll see an increase from 15gb, personally I expect we will.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FuturePastNow

uh, gigabytes, or gold bars?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AStiffBreeze
1 hour ago, Pocket Fox said:

How many gb's was the Frontier Pursuits update?

I'd expect this (Moonshine update) to be about the same size, perhaps slightly bigger given interiors etc.

12 Gigabytes on PS4 I believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
1 hour ago, FuturePastNow said:

uh, gigabytes, or gold bars?

I think I got the wrong end of the stick.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nerfgoth

Was thinking last night and now it is so obvious with the 13 of December! If you play GTA there is a card if you login before the 12 you get a mask.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001
2 hours ago, Nerfgoth said:

Was thinking last night and now it is so obvious with the 13 of December! If you play GTA there is a card if you login before the 12 you get a mask.

You get a mask in GTAO, or on RDO?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nerfgoth
1 hour ago, kcole4001 said:

You get a mask in GTAO, or on RDO?

 

RDO if you login on GTAO!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fun 2

nvm

(dude probably edited his post)

Edited by Fun 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Felipeborges388
4 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

 

 

It`s fake
He edited it
N02g7ob.jpg

Edited by Felipeborges388
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rev. Gnash
13 minutes ago, Felipeborges388 said:

It`s fake
He edited it
N02g7ob.jpg

Interesting bullsh*t.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CMCSAVAGE
15 minutes ago, Rev. Gnash said:

Interesting bullsh*t.

I like the part about building a house or small cabin on the land our camp sits on. I guess Cripps is also a carpenter, having to demo and rebuild every time your camp moves.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason

Obviously a fake leak going by the edit but the idea of your player owned house being part of the camp system isn't a straight up terrible idea. I say that knowing they'd have to make sure every camp spot worked and some of them are cramped as f*ck so it wouldn't be simple, but it would be pretty neat. It also, ya'know, wouldn't make an awful lot of sense immersion wise but it's a possible solution to having everyone in the lobby own the same house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GEИESIS

People will do anything to get attention

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FuturePastNow
On 12/3/2019 at 8:19 PM, Gray-Hand said:

Indeed, but in any event prohibition certainly exists in the game.  Strawberry for instance is a ‘dry town’.  

There are still quite a lot of those today, especially in the South (it does nothing but increase the drinking and driving rates)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
El Diablo 702

Actually the town where jack Daniels is made is a dry town/county.  There still scattered across the us and there’s still towns that can’t sell any kind of alcohol on sunday. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fryday

what do you think? will we get an update/event tomorrow, since the moonshiner will drop on friday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No Homing
6 hours ago, fryday said:

what do you think? will we get an update/event tomorrow, since the moonshiner will drop on friday?

I think so, the current event ends tomorrow, but they might just extend it.

That, or a new event with the update dropping in the middle, so it won't be a very good event.

I wouldn't expect amazing bonuses or discounts tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IamCourtney
10 minutes ago, No Homing said:

I think so, the current event ends tomorrow, but they might just extend it.

That, or a new event with the update dropping in the middle, so it won't be a very good event.

I wouldn't expect amazing bonuses or discounts tomorrow.

I dunno, they do like to offer tempting discounts right before updates to try and drain people's wallets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No Homing
1 minute ago, IamCourtney said:

I dunno, they do like to offer tempting discounts right before updates to try and drain people's wallets.

Yeah, but it's only 3 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 4 Users Currently Viewing
    1 member, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests

    • CMCSAVAGE
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.