Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Vik2390

Red Dead Online Next Updates Speculation Thread

Recommended Posts

ALifeOfMisery
3 minutes ago, DentureDynamite said:

^^ Please do! Though I suspect a lot of content like this (also the Lock Breaker/Picker) just hasn't been fully implemented yet.

I'd like to hope so. I have a feeling that the lock breaker will come into play during a future story/stranger mission, or, dare I hope, Heist.

 

I don't think it will be compulsory, but we might get an option to do some missions more stealthily in future.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5.7

R*,

fmtpcp.jpg

 

Me,

97nr7d.gif

Edited by 5.7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pressure Drop

Twitter post about a stupid GTA T-Shirt.
Grind Theft Saintsrow gets a T-Shirt tweet and still RDO gets not even a word.

 

Terrible and abysmal, and indeed awful PR and community engagement. I don't have enough faces or palms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YNNEL

Yea the communication from Rockstar is poor tbh. I know there very secretive and do things in their own time but I really think they need to engage a bit more with the players. From what I’ve heard Fortnite have a public list

of things that need fixing and when they will be fixed. When new content will be coming etc. I don’t play it but something like that would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smokewood
9 minutes ago, YNNEL said:

Yea the communication from Rockstar is poor tbh. I know there very secretive and do things in their own time but I really think they need to engage a bit more with the players. From what I’ve heard Fortnite have a public list

of things that need fixing and when they will be fixed. When new content will be coming etc. I don’t play it but something like that would be great.

It's called a roadmap, and no R* won't give you one, nor even acknowledge that you are asking for one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy Hunter

I just got charged 4$ for killing someone's horse* - that's new I'm sure?

 

*Long story, in a battle with a group of people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
24 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

I just got charged 4$ for killing someone's horse* - that's new I'm sure?

 

*Long story, in a battle with a group of people.

Maybe horse insurance is starting to actually work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joel15cat
51 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

I just got charged 4$ for killing someone's horse* - that's new I'm sure?

 

*Long story, in a battle with a group of people.

I only can say no, isn't new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite
3 hours ago, joel15cat said:

I only can say no, isn't new.

I hate to say it, but I'm so used to seeing money being deducted from my account (due to my camp being moved without my permission, and horse/stable charges) that I would likely never notice $4 also being deducted for killing a griefer's horse...

Edited by DentureDynamite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rafae S

How come there's no way to track our RDO info via the social club?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YNNEL

Absolute laziness from Rockstar I’m sorry to say. They are the richest gaming company on the planet. I’ve just played a stranger

mission that cut out half way through but the music is still going 10 minutes later. Ridiculous 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rafae S
41 minutes ago, YNNEL said:

Absolute laziness from Rockstar I’m sorry to say. They are the richest gaming company on the planet. I’ve just played a stranger

mission that cut out half way through but the music is still going 10 minutes later. Ridiculous 

 

That's how you stay rich tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Savage107

I think rockstar should say, if u don’t like wat we have play another game  

It’s lots of new stuff I haven’t tried yet  and I’m level 114

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chrismads
19 minutes ago, Savage107 said:

I think rockstar should say, if u don’t like wat we have play another game  

It’s lots of new stuff I haven’t tried yet  and I’m level 114

You must've spend all your time on a Saint Denis rooftop then.

I'm 75 and there's nothing I haven't done 10 times in RDO.

 

I get what you're saying, if you don't like the game piss off. But alot of us was expecting alot more from R* since they must at least be in the top 5 game companies of all time (i'm asuming).

As others said, this game has so much potential. It could be a wild west style WoW. Its 2019, of course we're expecting content at least on par with wow or diablo or any other 10 year old AF game. The sad truth is that the content atm makes it very hard for me to believe that I'll even remember this game in 3 years. (Talking RDO here, RDR 2 SP is legit)

Edited by Chrismads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BUT THE BENZ
On 1/24/2019 at 4:36 PM, DentureDynamite said:

Might be another use for it other than trying to lure Cougars out into the open. :)

simply ride into bearclaw camp, cougar will immediately spawn and attack you. no bait needed, YOU are the bait. it's like it is waiting for you to run into its trap. I picked up a 3 star cougar in less than 3 minutes just on my way through the area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Savage107
5 hours ago, Chrismads said:

You must've spend all your time on a Saint Denis rooftop then.

I'm 75 and there's nothing I haven't done 10 times in RDO.

 

I get what you're saying, if you don't like the game piss off. But alot of us was expecting alot more from R* since they must at least be in the top 5 game companies of all time (i'm asuming).

As others said, this game has so much potential. It could be a wild west style WoW. Its 2019, of course we're expecting content at least on par with wow or diablo or any other 10 year old AF game. The sad truth is that the content atm makes it very hard for me to believe that I'll even remember this game in 3 years. (Talking RDO here, RDR 2 SP is legit)

Showdown series large

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy Hunter
16 hours ago, Savage107 said:

I think rockstar should say, if u don’t like wat we have play another game  

It’s lots of new stuff I haven’t tried yet  and I’m level 114

It's not in their interest to have us all play another game. Any company that's ever said something like that, people have taken them at their word and the game tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Savage107
2 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

It's not in their interest to have us all play another game. Any company that's ever said something like that, people have taken them at their word and the game tanks.

You are right hunter but you know how rockstar is at this point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rusbeckia
On 1/26/2019 at 5:33 PM, Chrismads said:

You must've spend all your time on a Saint Denis rooftop then.

I'm 75 and there's nothing I haven't done 10 times in RDO.

 

I get what you're saying, if you don't like the game piss off. But alot of us was expecting alot more from R* since they must at least be in the top 5 game companies of all time (i'm asuming).

As others said, this game has so much potential. It could be a wild west style WoW. Its 2019, of course we're expecting content at least on par with wow or diablo or any other 10 year old AF game. The sad truth is that the content atm makes it very hard for me to believe that I'll even remember this game in 3 years. (Talking RDO here, RDR 2 SP is legit)

yea but you can't really expect rockstar to orient their schedule based on the enthusiasts, who have played sp to the excess and are in online since day1. The biggest part of the playerbase are casual online gamers lvl <40. just look at the freeroam lobbies. there are a few players above 80 or so and 20 that are <40. It has been the same for gta. most of the playerbase aren't the freaks who checked out each bit of gameplay in a matter of days. 
 

Edited by rusbeckia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chrismads
27 minutes ago, rusbeckia said:

yea but you can't really expect rockstar to orient their schedule based on the enthusiasts, who have played sp to the excess and are in online since day1. The biggest part of the playerbase are casual online gamers lvl <40. just look at the freeroam lobbies. there are a few players above 80 or so and 20 that are <40. It has been the same for gta. most of the playerbase aren't the freaks who checked out each bit of gameplay in a matter of days. 
 

Reason why you don't see that many +80 is because they've done all that the game had to offer. Take WoW.. (don't play it myself as PCs hate me) i know people who've been playing since day 1, enthusiastic af then and still is. How old is that game? Must be over 10 years old. RDR 2 could never reach that level of entertainment value at this pace R* is keeping. 

Like said by others, RDO just seems like a half assed afterthought. 

Keep in mind that I'm just rank 75 so I got alot to unlock still, but tbh why bother? What do I need it for. Race horse speeds all the same, already got a saddle that'll allow my horse to sprint forever, sure dynamite arrows and explosive bullets sounds cool, but there isn't really anything to use it for.

Except maybe in the showdowns that I've played one million times already.

 

I even just bought a 4GB game for around 20$ that has alot more entertainment value than RDO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr.Rosenthal

@Chrismads All fair points. I’m rank 55 and I’ve felt less and less inclined to play lately, and do it mostly to hang out with friends. Getting sick of hunting in the same place all the time though, but my friends enjoy that for some reason. I like the money there, sure, but I always try and get us to run a few Stranger missions in the hope something a bit more exciting will happen.

 

But what I was going to say about that explosive ammo: to my knowledge you can only carry 10 explosive slugs. And the recipe is $950. I don’t know how many express explosive you can carry, but that recipe is $1000. For 10 slugs it’s hardly even worth getting them in my opinion.. (sure, ofc you can craft more but can only have max 10 in your inventory at the same time, and you need fat to make them)

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
On 1/26/2019 at 4:33 PM, Chrismads said:

As others said, this game has so much potential. It could be a wild west style WoW. Its 2019, of course we're expecting content at least on par with wow or diablo or any other 10 year old AF game. The sad truth is that the content atm makes it very hard for me to believe that I'll even remember this game in 3 years. (Talking RDO here, RDR 2 SP is legit)

I was just expecting content to be on par with GTA:O upon release at least, lol.

 

I know it's a beta, but to know if a wide variety of content (or potentially sessions too - Freraim, posse, invite, PvE sessions etc) works through us being test dummies, surely the content needs to be there, lol. The next stuff they add could be a large chunk of stuff, but it'll still be a test phase, even if the beta tag goes. And if they only fix the errors showing up now, it'll be the next DLC after that before they'll fix any errors that come with all that content.

 

Basically, just another GTA:O where no matter how long it lasts, each DLC will just be testing really. If GTA is anything to go by, and it's sure to be like that as R* know that's the cheap way to create this stuff while cleaning up on Microtransactions. Why would they change it and offer fixes between DLC, lol.

 

Potential is there, I agree. But so much potential to just f*ck it all up and show they learned only bad habits/greed from GTA, and waste so much of the potential GTA:O unlocked all these years. I forgive much there because it was something new and exploded beyond even R*'s imagination really, but to sign up for round 2 of the same pap. Pass!

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Autospell fail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
14 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

I was just expecting content to be on par with GTA:O upon release at least, lol.

Which is a reasonable and fair expectation.

 

I can only put the lack of content on offer in RDO down to either the game being rushed out so the gold store could be up and running before Christmas '18 or that R* deliberately released RDO in such a bare bones state which enabled them to drip feed what should have been launch content in an effort to buy time before releasing the first DLC. Or, you know, R* simply completely misjudged the entire launch.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chrismads
1 hour ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

@Chrismads All fair points. I’m rank 55 and I’ve felt less and less inclined to play lately, and do it mostly to hang out with friends. Getting sick of hunting in the same place all the time though, but my friends enjoy that for some reason. I like the money there, sure, but I always try and get us to run a few Stranger missions in the hope something a bit more exciting will happen.

 

But what I was going to say about that explosive ammo: to my knowledge you can only carry 10 explosive slugs. And the recipe is $950. I don’t know how many express explosive you can carry, but that recipe is $1000. For 10 slugs it’s hardly even worth getting them in my opinion.. (sure, ofc you can craft more but can only have max 10 in your inventory at the same time, and you need fat to make them)

Well so using explosive rounds would at least be one thing to keep me busy then lol

 

I really enjoy the hunting in game.. When doing it like a rl hunter. Stalking, baiting, checking wind direction etc. Unfortunately that wouldn't make us rich. Its all about blowing off the heads of everything from horseback, and skin it before it despawns (which is the real challenge), and birds is the best thing for $, which tbh is hella boring.

 

Imagine if they added weight/pelt/trophy system which would determin how much the animal/parts was worth. They should make certain animals like deer and rabbits alot more skittish. We shouldn't be able to approach them on horseback or running, but they should be worth alot more, still making it profitable hunting them.

Basically they should just merge Call of the wild into rdr.

 

How right you are @Lonely-Martin!

Except I refuse to regard the game as in Beta. If they add mtx they lose the Beta stamp!

Edited by Chrismads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeadEyeAdler

I'm certain all of the requested content and missing features will be added sooner or later, whether or not people stick around remains the real question. This whole 'coming months' BS just doesn't fly anymore, people are leaving each day, some probably won't come back. If nothing special happens within two months, then I doubt this online experience will live till its first birthday. I could be wrong though, I usually am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
44 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Which is a reasonable and fair expectation.

 

I can only put the lack of content on offer in RDO down to either the game being rushed out so the gold store could be up and running before Christmas '18 or that R* deliberately released RDO in such a bare bones state which enabled them to drip feed what should have been launch content in an effort to buy time before releasing the first DLC. Or, you know, R* simply completely misjudged the entire launch.

* cough, cough... gold... cough. 🤣

 

25 minutes ago, Chrismads said:

How right you are @Lonely-Martin!

Except I refuse to regard the game as in Beta. If they add mtx they lose the Beta stamp!

Absolutely!

 

I also feel the problem with attacks and grief comes purely out of boredom or frustration from some. Many want a good PvP experience of it, but many of those players don't like the way the showdown series works too. We can't always fight with our posse, but in freemode we can choose to much more rather than hope on the random nature of how they team players up. Plus many want freeaim and dislike the series as if against autoaim, that too can be off putting. 

 

And if there's little else to do, folk get itchy. Especially as we get Xp for the kills too. 

 

Such a mixed bag, but it really does have potential to grow. But it needs to be shown sooner than later otherwise @Sammionna is spot on and people will just move on and that could see content thin out quicker too.

 

I really do hope they knock out a home run with what's to come in future, but first impressions count a lot too. Many gamers just aren't patient or forgiving these days with the way gaming is booming and offers so much elsewhere too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Semaj 2JZ♢

I feel like RDO won't get an update until GTAO's Arena War dripfeed is over. If it's any indication with Gun Rush, RDO will probably follow in the same dripfeed scheduling, week by week, for their content as well. I'd guess R* also doesn't want their top 2 titles competing with each others updates at the same time. You can milk people for more by alternating to fill in the lulls between updates for each title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CosmicBuffalo
59 minutes ago, Semaj 2JZ♢ said:

I feel like RDO won't get an update until GTAO's Arena War dripfeed is over. If it's any indication with Gun Rush, RDO will probably follow in the same dripfeed scheduling, week by week, for their content as well. I'd guess R* also doesn't want their top 2 titles competing with each others updates at the same time. You can milk people for more by alternating to fill in the lulls between updates for each title.

I think this as well.  I think creatively R*s heart is in RDO.  But the R* brains due to the dollars and the dolts are still in GTAO.  I mean I love GTAO, but its done...been done.  That night life update was the end.  The introduction of the MK2 Oppressor was the end.  But no, they added Arena Wars, an ok update that should have been intorduced before Gunrunning.  

 

RDO should have gotten the December update.  I actually didnt play RDO over Christmas to try and unlock all the sweaters, yep Im one of the dolts.  Snow over, GTAO same freaking map 4 years later.  People keep saying lack of content.  GTAO has new content for approximately 3 weeks of time a year for the past 2.5 years. Same glorious but boring map.

 

Red Dead Online I'm still learning.  Just hit tier 2 slippery, I couldnt be more excited to test it out.  But RDO cannot compete against Shark Cards, want more content stop feeding the Shark Card beast and get some gold bars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wehweh01

Personally, I'd really like a survival mode that can either be played Co-op or Solo. Maybe have it so we have to survive for a certain amount of time while animals spawn in. Maybe have a dangerous pack of cougars hunting you down or something to that effect. Maybe even make use of the legendary animals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rusbeckia
1 hour ago, wehweh01 said:

Personally, I'd really like a survival mode that can either be played Co-op or Solo. Maybe have it so we have to survive for a certain amount of time while animals spawn in. Maybe have a dangerous pack of cougars hunting you down or something to that effect. Maybe even make use of the legendary animals. 

maybe rather a pack of wolves and only tomahawk/bow/throwing knives. pack of cougars won't happen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 3 Users Currently Viewing
    1 member, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

    • TinyRakan
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.