Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Vik2390

Red Dead Online Next Updates Speculation Thread

Recommended Posts

ALifeOfMisery
4 minutes ago, YNNEL said:

Now you watch them release a load of info later now I’ve said that lol

I've been there lol. Had a good ol' b*tch only to see a DLC announcement get posted a few hours later.

 

Regardless of what the Newswire contains, or how excited I get if we get some information, it still doesn't excuse the weeks and months of R* saying nothing.

 

They could periodically release a bit more information about the upcoming roles, tweet a picture of a horse/gun/stagecoach that currently isn't in game, show us a property interior that we can't currently access etc. Just engage with fans and players, it keeps players interested, it builds hype and fuels discussion.

 

Engagement doesn't have to equate to exact dates and information blowouts to be effective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No Homing

Wut I thought only seasoned big game meat gave you a gold core????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leftover Pizza
22 minutes ago, ghostsoap01 said:

 

At this stage of the game, this is very underwhelming. If this is any indication of future weekly addins, I’m not giving RDO a long and prosperous life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YNNEL
40 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I've been there lol. Had a good ol' b*tch only to see a DLC announcement get posted a few hours later.

 

Regardless of what the Newswire contains, or how excited I get if we get some information, it still doesn't excuse the weeks and months of R* saying nothing.

 

They could periodically release a bit more information about the upcoming roles, tweet a picture of a horse/gun/stagecoach that currently isn't in game, show us a property interior that we can't currently access etc. Just engage with fans and players, it keeps players interested, it builds hype and fuels discussion.

 

Engagement doesn't have to equate to exact dates and information blowouts to be effective.

Yea they’ll never change though. They’ve created this aura of secrecy around themselves which is all very well and good but it is a frustrating strategy in the age of social media

 

Even something like double xp to keep us sweet. 30% still isn’t enough of an incentive for me.

 

But yea all will be forgiven if the summer update is awesome lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rokushakubo
21 minutes ago, Leftover Pizza said:

 

At this stage of the game, this is very underwhelming. If this is any indication of future weekly addins, I’m not giving RDO a long and prosperous life. 

It wouldn't be so bad if people had more to sink their teeth into. I won't be as fussed when I have 3 roles to play with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leftover Pizza
Just now, Rokushakubo said:

It wouldn't be so bad if people had more to sink their teeth into. I won't be as fussed when I have 3 roles to play with. 

 

It would be slightly less bad then. But those 3 roles will take their sweet time to release, like the character editing thing.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waingro

Can't wait till September 20th for the Summer update! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
éX-Driver

I’ve never seen a company so desperate to kill the success of a game before. We’re actually watching them snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, and it’s amazing to witness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leftover Pizza
2 hours ago, Waingro said:

Can't wait till September 20th for the Summer update! 

 

It'll be just over a year from now indeed. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rokushakubo
2 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

I’ve never seen a company so desperate to kill the success of a game before. We’re actually watching them snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, and it’s amazing to witness.

They will have their victory firmly in hand as soon as the update hits in much the same way they did when they left beta. People cry doom and gloom until the update hits and all is forgiven and/or forgotten. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leftover Pizza
3 hours ago, Rokushakubo said:

They will have their victory firmly in hand as soon as the update hits in much the same way they did when they left beta. People cry doom and gloom until the update hits and all is forgiven and/or forgotten. 

 

When did the game leave Beta? You mean when they took the label off to please the shareholders and justify the microtransactions during Beta?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Son of Dutch

Yikes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Finite
Posted (edited)

People will lambaste me for it but I hope this dies it's final death soon, the success of this game can be attributed to it's incredible single-player and Rockstar should learn that their mediocre, micro-transaction-laden, stupidly economically inflated multiplayer modes either need to shape up or ship out.

Edited by Finite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason

They can't shape up if they ship out. They've got a long way to go before before an online GTA or an online Red Dead really fulfils their potential but releasing an online game and then knocking it on the head a few months later if it's not reached it's potential yet isn't going to get them anywhere.

 

They've talked big, lets see where they go with it. Doesn't hurt me or anyone if it goes no where.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rokushakubo
6 hours ago, Leftover Pizza said:

 

When did the game leave Beta? You mean when they took the label off to please the shareholders and justify the microtransactions during Beta?

Whatever subjective jaded spin you wanna put on it. When that update dropped, people put away their pitchforks and just got on with playing (and liking) the new content and that will happen every time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
einjzmolf

hell yeah that was the only holster i wanted if i ever even got myself one

 

not that that justifies making it a worthy reward for literally anything considering i literally want it because it's the junky one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leftover Pizza
5 hours ago, Rokushakubo said:

Whatever subjective jaded spin you wanna put on it. When that update dropped, people put away their pitchforks and just got on with playing (and liking) the new content and that will happen every time. 

 

If people pull out pitchforks on forums about a game, they mainly express their disappointment in a game they actually love playing, but want to see it develope into a game they can love even more. People never pull out pitch forks to kill the game they love.

At the last bigger update, the renewed love was justified as one of the main problems, griefing, was tackled well and allowed players to actually play the game. Nothing wrong with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UKFrankUK

Such a good game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
happygrowls

I kinda hope the update doesn't drop on Tues as i'm out of town until Wednesday night aha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4eyedcoupe

Is there anything left to be drip fed tomorrow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason
Just now, 4eyedcoupe said:

Is there anything left to be drip fed tomorrow?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

There's been no new modes for like a month? We're down to one or two "new" pieces of clothing a week with some of that being tweaks of current clothing models in the game, and they've started throwing in one returning clothing item from the Feb update for the last 2-3 weeks now as well.

 

So technically... they probably have something, but they've been running on fumes for a few weeks now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4eyedcoupe
Just now, Jason said:

they've been running on fumes for a few weeks now.

Indeed they have been

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waingro

Where's the Civil War Vet Missing Limb update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
1 hour ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

Is there anything left to be drip fed tomorrow?

I think someone said there's still a couple of items only used in showdowns still to come.

 

Presuming we won't get the summer update tomorrow, I genuinely hope nothing new is added. Let's get this dripfeed officially finished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Shakermaker
On 7/10/2019 at 3:33 AM, Son of Dutch said:

Yikes

I got a black one, was that the same with everyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
einjzmolf

mine was black aswell, i'm assuming you get the "first" color/option that you don't own?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Foxwolfe

No idea as I have the black one as well and it's the only one I own. I admittedly don't care for the rope belt/holster so I haven't bought any of them yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy Hunter
On 7/9/2019 at 3:49 PM, No Homing said:

Wut I thought only seasoned big game meat gave you a gold core????

I noticed that at the start of last week two, them saying that beef and pork gave you gold cores. You're right. I double-checked during the week.

 

They are fake news, and don't even know their own game I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pocket Fox

Looking forward to the summer update dropping in a few hours*

 

Spoiler

*May or may not actually happen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.