Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Vik2390

Red Dead Online Next Updates Speculation Thread

Recommended Posts

Stoakzee
5 hours ago, Semaj 2JZ♢ said:

Ya, I saw a notification of someone killing someone else, kinda like in GTAO...first time I've saw something like that.

I've seen this before, I think it happens when two posse's are going at it (posse feud?) and their kill feed is broadcast to everybody else in the lobby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery

^ I've noticed this intermittently too. I thought that maybe there is a kill feed but it isn't currently working properly, but @Stoakzeemight be on to something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite

^^ I've noticed this as well; might be Rockstar tweaking tunables yet again..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smokewood

GTAO getting new stuff every week...

RDO - nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
1 hour ago, DentureDynamite said:

^^ I've noticed this as well; might be Rockstar tweaking tunables yet again..?

Could well be. Personally I'd rather not have a kill feed at all. Don't give griefer types the spank bank material of constantly seeing their username up on screen after every kill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ghostsoap01

I think there needs to be a basic addition of features before any big content pack is added.

 

Introducing, the "How could these features not be in at launch?" pack.

 

Includes basic features:

-Free aim lobbies

-All the session options from gta

-Drink water to fill your cores, adds a canteen for storing water (drink from a still source of water and you might get sick, try to drink from rivers and streams instead)

-Spawn in your camp

-Rent a room at hotels (for immersion, maybe use it as a spawn point and if need be use loading screens so everyone is not in the same room)

-Take a bath so that you don't need to splash water on your face or swim in the nearby pond. Maybe this will make it take longer before you start to appear dirty again

-Satchels! No more coffee mug or steak coming out of thin air

-Opacity sliders for make-up

-Rob townsfolk and travelers

-Rob stores like in SP

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
clinical oppression

Not any time soon but adding dogs to online would be sweet . Hunting dogs, guard dogs, attack dogs . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vik2390
39 minutes ago, ghostsoap01 said:

I think there needs to be a basic addition of features before any big content pack is added.

 

Introducing, the "How could these features not be in at launch?" pack.

 

Ability to order a NORMAL food in saloons and Saint Denis restaurant, instead of eggs and nuts. Sh*t, this is ridicoulous.

Edited by Vik2390

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite
3 hours ago, clinical oppression said:

Not any time soon but adding dogs to online would be sweet . Hunting dogs, guard dogs, attack dogs . 

Actually, guard/attack dogs are already in the game.

 

Just last night, after getting a wanted level somewhere between Caliga Hall and Rhodes, I had a bunch of lawmen after me, including one of their dogs (shows up as a red dot, like wolves or bears, etc.).

 

Said dog was quickly dispatched with my shotgun :) but yes, they do exist, and I suspect will be more prevalent in the near future.

 

It was the first time I've seen them used in RDO (they were in Single Player); last game I encountered guard/attack dogs in was Call of Duty: Black Ops. lol

Edited by DentureDynamite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wehweh01
5 hours ago, DentureDynamite said:

Actually, guard/attack dogs are already in the game.

 

Just last night, after getting a wanted level somewhere between Caliga Hall and Rhodes, I had a bunch of lawmen after me, including one of their dogs (shows up as a red dot, like wolves or bears, etc.).

 

Said dog was quickly dispatched with my shotgun :) but yes, they do exist, and I suspect will be more prevalent in the near future.

 

It was the first time I've seen them used in RDO (they were in Single Player); last game I encountered guard/attack dogs in was Call of Duty: Black Ops. lol

I was in the middle of a gang hideout in rhodes when I was attacked by a dog. I have a soft spot for dogs/cats in this game so instead of shooting it I just kicked it to death. Personally, I was hoping it would have ran away after the first kick :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hotrats773
6 hours ago, wehweh01 said:

I have a soft spot for dogs/cats in this game so instead of shooting it I just kicked it to death.

This made me laugh a lot more than it should have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTP_Monkey
16 hours ago, clinical oppression said:

Not any time soon but adding dogs to online would be sweet . Hunting dogs, guard dogs, attack dogs . 

As long as Attacking dogs attack predators not players other wise they would become another griefing tool but yes we do need hunting dogs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
14 minutes ago, GTP_Monkey said:

As long as Attacking dogs attack predators not players other wise they would become another griefing tool but yes we do need hunting dogs 

Knowing R* they'll allow dogs to attack other players and lower your honour for killing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fryday

i hoped for news or even an update, i get a discussion about dogs instead 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pressure Drop

They posted a newswire exactly 2 weeks ago on this day. Surely there will be something today... this silence is deafening.

It was fine to be the faceless company who does things differently when making single player games. Now they have stepped into Online properly, and with that comes the responsibility to communicate and listen to the people who are actually playing your game. Christmas and New Year is well over, it's time to step up, Rockstar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wehweh01

 

28 minutes ago, Pressure Drop said:

They posted a newswire exactly 2 weeks ago on this day. Surely there will be something today... this silence is deafening.

It was fine to be the faceless company who does things differently when making single player games. Now they have stepped into Online properly, and with that comes the responsibility to communicate and listen to the people who are actually playing your game. Christmas and New Year is well over, it's time to step up, Rockstar

I'm just hoping all that stuff they mentioned would drop in one large update. This game is in dire need of some content. 

Edited by wehweh01
SUBSCRIBE TO PEWDIEPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy Hunter

Yeah this is really lame if they're not doing anything today. Only thing worse is if they do release something later, but it's just some sh*tty mode and they expect to slowly draw things out. No one has the patience for that anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jje1000
3 hours ago, wehweh01 said:

 

I'm just hoping all that stuff they mentioned would drop in one large update. This game is in dire need of some content. 

You're setting yourself up for disappointment by hoping for the fixes-of-all-fixes- best to let Rockstar do its own thing and focus on something else while they actually finish RDO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr.Rosenthal

So, nothing today, eh?

 

I’ve played considerably less this last week. I’ll log on to chill out with friends but playing RDO right now is kinda far from exciting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

No one has the patience for that anymore.

R* should know this. It's not as though RDO has set the world alight since it launched. If R*, when informing players of the upcoming content two weeks ago, thought that players will wait patiently while they drip things out over three, four, five, or however many months, I fear they are sadly mistaken.

 

I don't think players are going to put up with radio silence and content droughts like they have with GTAO.

 

3 hours ago, wehweh01 said:

I'm just hoping all that stuff they mentioned would drop in one large update. This game is in dire need of some content. 

On one hand I'd also love for it all to come at once. RDO is in dire need of new content.

 

On the other hand, do I trust R* to make four additions to the game in one drop and not f*ck something up? No, not really.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Theflyingmonk
21 minutes ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

So, nothing today, eh?

 

I’ve played considerably less this last week. I’ll log on to chill out with friends but playing RDO right now is kinda far from exciting.

 Same here think I logged on once last week and lasted 15 minutes. Not quite sure R* fully grasp the concept of what a beta is used for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YNNEL

They’ve just tweeted. It’s about winning an Arthur Morgan replica jacket. For god sake...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stretch188

Yeah...this is getting kinda frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YNNEL

My bad it was 20 hours ago but still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr.Rosenthal
25 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

On the other hand, do I trust R* to make four additions to the game in one drop and not f*ck something up? No, not really.

 

Exactly what I’m afraid of as well. I mean, I’d want them to release something big with a lot of fixes, but at the same time, the more time that passes with no patches, the more scared I get that what they ultimately release will just break the game further.

Guess we’ll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
12 minutes ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

 

Exactly what I’m afraid of as well. I mean, I’d want them to release something big with a lot of fixes, but at the same time, the more time that passes with no patches, the more scared I get that what they ultimately release will just break the game further.

Guess we’ll see.

Isn't it a sad state of affairs that some of the most ardent fans of R*s games, players like us here, who spend their time talking about the games day in, day out, have so little faith in R* to be able to properly implement an update? 

 

We will see, and no one would be happier than me to cut myself a nice, big slice of humble pie. But, we know what's coming don't we? We know that when an update does finally happen either some of the new content will be broken or poorly implemented, that the new update will break something that was previously working, that some things that are currently broken won't get fixed, or, more likely, a combination of those three.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smokewood

Just give me SP Story DLC and you can flush RDO for all I care at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite
6 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Knowing R* they'll allow dogs to attack other players and lower your honour for killing them.

Hmm; doubt it works with attack dogs IRL (probably not--fails with tracking dogs according to Mythbusters), but I wonder if dropping predator bait (some kind of meat?) could serve as a brief distraction to the dogs?

 

Might be another use for it other than trying to lure Cougars out into the open. :)

Edited by DentureDynamite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
1 minute ago, DentureDynamite said:

Hmm; not sure if it actually works with attack dogs IRL, but I wonder if dropping predator bait (some kind of meat?) would serve as a brief distraction to the dogs?

I might go and do one of the gang hideouts where dogs attack and see if a predator bait works. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DentureDynamite

^^ Please do! Though I suspect a lot of content like this (also the Lock Breaker/Picker) just hasn't been fully implemented yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.