4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Vik2390

Red Dead Online Next Updates Speculation Thread

Amy Vinewood
4 minutes ago, Danish Crusader said:

We are more likely to see revolvers than pistols.

I bet we will get the LeMat and the Colt Navy in the first round of revolvers, maybe with a Mare's Leg rifle.

I hope they don't go straight to carried gatling guns.

More Revolvers would always be welcome too, I miss the LeMat

And I'd love to see a Mare's Leg, like Steve McQueen had in dead or alive

1958-andy-anderson-design-josh-randall-m

DentureDynamite
15 hours ago, Ektope said:

The whole point of free aim is not auto lock on.

Perks or ability cards are part of red dead online combat system. It would be dumb af if I had spent $21,600.00, maxing 'em all out and cannot use 'em in free aim.

Ability cards don't hold your hands. They make the combat more interesting.

To each his own.

I personally have a very big problem with the fact that my bolt-action rifle can kill a massive, thick-skinned crocodile with one shot, but may not be able to kill a griefer--even in a headshot--because... his hand of "Ability" Cards trumps mine.

Makes me want to hurl just thinking about how effed up that is.

Keep the bloody cards on the saloon table, Rockstar, and leave my freaking weapons alone.

Edited by DentureDynamite

GtaLegend15

I feel like a fighting arena like gladiator type of update would be really fun since the fighting mechanics are better 

jstev4610
54 minutes ago, DentureDynamite said:

To each his own.

I personally have a very big problem with the fact that my bolt-action rifle can kill a massive, thick-skinned crocodile with one shot, but may not be able to kill a griefer--even in a headshot--because... his hand of "Ability" Cards trumps mine.

Makes me want to hurl just thinking about how effed up that is.

Keep the bloody cards on the saloon table, Rockstar, and leave my freaking weapons alone.

I completely agree, the cards are ridiculous additions.  Like someone else started, this isn't COD.  I could do without deadeye as well in online.  

jstev4610

add to this that I can get headshot by a .22 but not a bolt action depending on whether I have a card active or not

DrKrankenstein
20 minutes ago, GtaLegend15 said:

I feel like a fighting arena like gladiator type of update would be really fun since the fighting mechanics are better 

i'm up for barfights, or in that large manor, could easily have a "team showdown" there without guns or they can put it with gun rush, except the only pickups are:

-lasso

-Beer

-stringy meat

afriendlyreddot
22 hours ago, Ektope said:

The whole point of free aim is not auto lock on.

Perks or ability cards are part of red dead online combat system. It would be dumb af if I had spent $21,600.00, maxing 'em all out and cannot use 'em in free aim.

Ability cards don't hold your hands. They make the combat more interesting.

that's the thing, i'm not interested in spending an absurd amount of money to have an edge. for me it seems like the cards encourage tanking through most situations as opposed to putting some effort into figuring out what weapons work best for you and how to make appropriate use of cover..

GreenArrow

Just give me good missions with a decent payout. 

Houses that you can build  

Spoiler

(similar to how John built the house on RDR2)

and cheaper stuff to buy, but it's Cockstar, so what'd you expect? 

Edited by GreenArrow

Fun 2

R* isn't done with the economy yet, so there's still more to look forward to with the upcoming adjustments.

Shadowfennekin
2 hours ago, Fun 2 said:

R* isn't done with the economy yet, so there's still more to look forward to with the upcoming adjustments.

Hopefully ability card and phamplet price nerfs.

Can't believe I'm the only one complaining about that sh*t...

Amy Vinewood
6 minutes ago, Shadowfennekin said:

Hopefully ability card and phamplet price nerfs.

Can't believe I'm the only one complaining about that sh*t...

If they change the prices of Ability cards now I hope they refund us the difference like they did with the price of weapons

FreeMaxB585
On 1/17/2019 at 5:33 AM, fryday said:

i dont get the point, why so many of you are still playing it everyday. the content is so small that it gets boring after 3 hours (per week). in comparison eith gtao which played every day for hours/days/weeks/months its just boring

I heavily disagree none of my posse has been bored at all. would do all stranger missions a couple times and mess around in free roam and I actually think there is a good variety of showdown games I love make it count. I could maybe see it being boring if playing alone tho

Madvillain

I'm guessing once the beta is over we will be hit with tons of content all at once in a big update to the point of everyone in mass confusion.

Edited by Madvillain

ThaBirdCoot

mmmh not so sure about that, but R* better deliver something soon, I tell ya that. Here's hoping they adress the real issues and most requested in feedback instead of pushing more MT sales tactics. Not that I am impatient, I have loads of patience and not in a rush, obviously Online is only a couple months in now and we don't have the full experience yet but most my friends moved away from this "beta" already and I am not sure some of them will even be back given the current state of things. And if free aim doesn't come at ALL, oh dear... I think by then I'll be done too. Just can't see myself playing this for several years if it remains like this with no lobby options ect.

Shadowfennekin
3 hours ago, Amy Vinewood said:

If they change the prices of Ability cards now I hope they refund us the difference like they did with the price of weapons

Hopefully, though truthfully it's why I avoided buying any of that sh*t. Just in case

Haven't even bought any horse storage aside from the first slot so I could keep my starter horse(To count towards the five horse achievement) and redeem my Ultimate horse

I think weapon prices are fair now, everything else apart from consumables though and the fishing rod/binoculars..... it needs to go down.

Happy Hunter
8 hours ago, Fun 2 said:

I'm holding onto my valuables, pocket watches and jewellery. Prices seem low on them, so I have a feeling they might get a little buff.

Hopefully they don't nerf anything.

I also don't think they should do anything to ability cards or deadeye. Take away all that and all the other things, and then it just ends up being GTA. Not necessarily a bad thing in its own right - but the game needs to be its own thing.

The old Red Dead Revolver had some pretty wacky stuff with cards as well.

(Not my video)

I want them to just hurry up with stuff. New blips and weapons need to come soon, and we need more activities ASAP too. And the editor.

DrKrankenstein
10 hours ago, Fun 2 said:

more to look forward to when then? Because at this point, interest is dwindling, and soonor or later something else is gonna come along. how long, weeks, months, years?

Lets just assume you know more.

either spill it, or keep it to yourself. no need to hype thin air.

Trying to remain optimistic but with everyone ramping up their "abilitie$" I'm really beginning to doubt we'll ever see a true free-aim lobby, i.e. controller abilities. I'll be watching the next update squinting with one eye closed, a-feared of what I might see.

Edited by 1898

Ektope
13 hours ago, afriendlyreddot said:

that's the thing, i'm not interested in spending an absurd amount of money to have an edge. for me it seems like the cards encourage tanking through most situations as opposed to putting some effort into figuring out what weapons work best for you and how to make appropriate use of cover..

8 cards affects damage. 5 cards affects healing. 6 cards affects damage reduction. 2 cards affects aiming. 3 cards affects dead eye. So most of the cards affects damage.

The reason why you may think or it looks like they affect tanking, is because they are pretty useful in player versus player and enemies/environment situations. So that's why so many people use 'em. Just because someone has top tier III cards that affects tanking, it doesn't mean they could go with any weapon. You will notice they go with appropriate weapons for the right situation. Like varmint or lancaster from range. They were using the right weapons, along with tanking. And in close quarters, will someone still use rifles/repeaters? No, they may change to sidearms or shotguns. If two people who fighting each other were taking cover but none of 'em poked their head out, for the other to shoot. Then another strategy would be to turn on dead eye and walk out in open, to encourage the enemy team to poke their heads out and draw open fire.

Anyone who does all three that you mentioned; tanking, using the right weapons for the right situations/range and taking use of covers. That's how people dominate matches with kill loads of kills and few deaths.

Edited by Ektope

Fun 2
2 hours ago, DrKrankenstein said:

more to look forward to when then? Because at this point, interest is dwindling, and soonor or later something else is gonna come along. how long, weeks, months, years?

Lets just assume you know more.

either spill it, or keep it to yourself. no need to hype thin air.

My post wasn't supposed to hype thin air. It's common sense there are more updates to come.

The beta period isn't likely to last for years so RDO will be undergoing heavy adjustments until R* is ok with it.

If I have to take a guess, I'll say from next week.

Van_Hellsing
On 1/18/2019 at 12:09 PM, Danish Crusader said:

I hope they don't go straight to carried gatling guns.

What's wrong with transportable gatling guns? Image clearing out a whole town of griefers with these. I would fork over 200 gold bars. 

4V04.gif

Danish Crusader
1 minute ago, Van_Hellsing said:

What's wrong with transportable gatling guns? Image clearing out a whole town of griefers with these. I would fork over 200 gold bars. 

4V04.gif

It would work both ways though. Griefers would wipe out whole towns full of friendly players too.

Van_Hellsing

The varmint rifle is so OP. I had a run to the butcher in Saint Dennis. My hat flew off five times in succession. I grinded slippery bastard, never without one and slow and steady just to counter the one shot headshot kills. 

So $2700 just to counter a $75 gun. 

Edited by Van_Hellsing

Chrismads
15 minutes ago, Van_Hellsing said:

The varmint rifle is so OP. I had a run to the butcher in Saint Dennis. My hat flew off five times in succession. I grinded slippery bastard, never without one and slow and steady just to counter the one shot headshot kills. 

So $2700 just to counter a $75 gun. 

Lol you could also just use 100$ on never without one and slow and steady

afriendlyreddot
6 hours ago, Ektope said:

8 cards affects damage. 5 cards affects healing. 6 cards affects damage reduction. 2 cards affects aiming. 3 cards affects dead eye. So most of the cards affects damage.

The reason why you may think or it looks like they affect tanking, is because they are pretty useful in player versus player and enemies/environment situations. So that's why so many people use 'em. Just because someone has top tier III cards that affects tanking, it doesn't mean they could go with any weapon. You will notice they go with appropriate weapons for the right situation. Like varmint or lancaster from range. They were using the right weapons, along with tanking. And in close quarters, will someone still use rifles/repeaters? No, they may change to sidearms or shotguns. If two people who fighting each other were taking cover but none of 'em poked their head out, for the other to shoot. Then another strategy would be to turn on dead eye and walk out in open, to encourage the enemy team to poke their heads out and draw open fire.

Anyone who does all three that you mentioned; tanking, using the right weapons for the right situations/range and taking use of covers. That's how people dominate matches with kill loads of kills and few deaths.

still not my cup of tea but insight is always appreciated.

Van_Hellsing

Female clothes need an update. More sexy clothes, please.

A pity that this has less chance than a snowflake in hell with those puritans. 

tumblr_mxre0iLdzc1s69ao0o1_400.gif

Boozey St John
On 1/19/2019 at 5:47 PM, Van_Hellsing said:

Female clothes need an update. More sexy clothes, please.

A pity that this has less chance than a snowflake in hell with those puritans. 

tumblr_mxre0iLdzc1s69ao0o1_400.gif

I mentioned having the shirts the working girls wear in my suggestion! So tired of looking like a sister wife!

Edited by Boozey St James
English

Happy Hunter

I think something's going on. I just got told I've been promoted in my crew - don't think crews were active on this game before ... Might be worth keeping an eye out anyway, though could be nothing.

Edit: Scratch that. I did actually get promoted in my crew. Although, it still seems weird to me. Why notify me in a game where there doesn't seem to be any use for crews? Seems replaced with posses. Which is weird in of itself - had crews in Max Payne 3, GTA V, then just dropped in this one.

Edited by Happy Hunter

Pepperjack

Even the crew tag shows in game when killed by. On top of that there is a crew tab on the menu

Semaj 2JZ♢

Ya, I saw a notification of someone killing someone else, kinda like in GTAO...first time I've saw something like that.