Top Posters In This Topic

• RyuNova

• ALifeOfMisery

• TagoKG

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Natuarlist awards on the cloud  

I'm more interested in the update

seeminly, whatever happens with RDO there will be nothing NEW...just more of the SAME...and that just isn't healthy at some point!

AnotherUserName
9 hours ago, AltiMetro said:

A pretty substantial Gus expansion could be the unlocking of dozens and dozens of items for purchase from Gus. 
We bring him legendary animal pelts, he produces saddles, saddle bags, bed rolls, belts, gun belts, holsters, boots, hats, shirts, jackets, bandoliers, etc. etc. etc. etc. 

Another update would be the introduction of fish to the gameplay loop. Harriet starts wanting fish samples, Gus buys them from us. Legendary fish were already in SP. 
Same for birds. 
Have a gut feeling that's more likely than just a "Gus update"

Gus badly needs more content. Ideally, I'd like to see him as part of a Trader expansion. Since we're basically trappers for that role anyways, maybe we could assist Gus by filling or running some special orders for him as part of our trading business. Or, since Gus already keeps track of our pelts, we could work directly for him and fill special requests to various buyers, similar to the Moonshiner role. I do agree that he needs more items to offer, not just for legendary animals either, just more non-catalog Gus-crafted clothing in general or even some Gus-specific accessories/customization options.

As for fishing, as much as I enjoy it, I don't really know what they could do with it outside of giving us a couple more places to sell to. I mean, there's that taxidermist out near Strawberry, but it's not like we have anywhere to display a mounted fish. Our moonshine bar, I suppose. Plus, I don't know how I'd feel after spending time in a tug of war with a legendary fish only to have some trigger-happy random ride by and blast me just before or after I land it.

• Like 6

How's the rate of cheaters on PC? Apparently, a few days ago, a popular mod menu got detected and lots of its users got banned.

mahmoudmagdy
3 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

How's the rate of cheaters on PC? Apparently, a few days ago, a popular mod menu got detected and lots of its users got banned.

It's better،  but I noticed one cheater when I played king of the castle event

Edited by mahmoudmagdy
1 hour ago, mahmoudmagdy said:

Red Dead Online is selling well, it is in top sellers on Epic after 5 months !!
https://www.epicgames.com/store/ar/collection/top-sellers-top-20

RDO sale doesn't really matters, because there are a lot of people who bought this game, played 2 times and never came back into it. I want to see players in-game stats because on the Steam there are 3k players everyday in comparsion of 90k players in GTA V.

They need to buy a new studio that works on online contents for both GTAO and RDO! (even GTAO updates are overrated IMO! they don't deserve the hype!)

Edited by WanteD1
  • Like 3
mahmoudmagdy
5 minutes ago, Franula said:

RDO sale doesn't really matters, because there are a lot of people who bought this game, played 2 times and never came back into it. I want to see players in-game stats because on the Steam there are 3k players everyday in comparsion of 90k players in GTA V.

Red Dead Online + Red Dead Redemption 2 which includes Red Dead Online = 20-25K on steam only taking Into consideration that Red Dead Redemption 2 wasn't released on steam in its first month on PC and Red Dead Online is 8$ on Epic unlike steam, you can't compare even Red Dead Redemption 2 isn't as popular as GTA V

Shadowfennekin

GTA is their focus right now, if a RDR 1 remake/port to RDR 2 is actually happening for NG then we'll hear of it when we actually hear about GTA NG or when said game is put out.

I imagine they're focusing on that with whoever's not on the GTA VI(lol) team or working on the next GTA update. GTA is what will print money and with how sour the fanbase is with RDO I imagine they're in no hurry to release it again just yet. Hopefully they'll actually be something of worth when it gets released on XBX and PS5

15 hours ago, StyxTx said:

They are quiet about everything.

I would imagine that if they are planning on continuing RDO they will eventually get it enhanced for next gen. I don't see where they would have much of an option on that.

The only upgrades RDO needs on next-gen right now would be to unlock 60fps. 4K @ 30fps just feels a bit slow.    Loading times are already pretty good compared to XB1 & PS4.

Ammo is 50% off this week so stock up :)

Fence weapons discounted inc those new BH bola variants

Also, Fence pamphlets, Fence provisions - moonshine, ponchos, off hand holsters

Edited by DM_Tony
  • KEKW 2
  • Bruh 1
7 hours ago, Johnnny J said:

The only upgrades RDO needs on next-gen right now would be to unlock 60fps. 4K @ 30fps just feels a bit slow.    Loading times are already pretty good compared to XB1 & PS4.

Agreed. 30fps is counterproductive to 4k.

1 hour ago, DM_Tony said:

Ammo is 50% off this week so stock up :)

Fence weapons discounted inc those new BH bola variants

Also, Fence pamphlets, Fence provisions - moonshine, ponchos, off hand holsters

Already maxed out on that stuff. Have been for over a year. Well, not bolas but I don't use them or ponchos since I already have the 2 I want. Anything for long time players (as if I need to ask)?

Edited by StyxTx
7 hours ago, Johnnny J said:

Been in sessions/lobbies where I haven´t got stable 30fps! Losing frames and the game got the feel of syrup! Better hardware can only do so much until we are back where we started!

58 minutes ago, Nerfgoth said:

Been in sessions/lobbies where I haven´t got stable 30fps! Losing frames and the game got the feel of syrup! Better hardware can only do so much until we are back where we started!

Consequence of P2P servers. Unfortunately T2/R* is a very poor company and can't provide stable, dedicated servers.

• KEKW 4
1 hour ago, Nerfgoth said:

Are you on XSX or PS5?

Just now, BUT THE BENZ said:

best bits:

"complete any A New Source of Employment mission to receive a free Treasure Map"

/fin

Jep, I need a break from this game badly, so that's all I'll be doing this week.

• Like 2
  • Bruh 1
2 hours ago, Mirror Park Resident said:

Another crappy week as usual, but this looks cool af

EzbCMAYWQAAARzb?format=jpg&name=medium

Typical R*

I hate to admit it, the artwork is dope.

Why, won't these bastards, just give us "beta players" the Nevada hat from SP and/or Dutch's gunbelt? A little customer appreciation.

And add survivals using the old RDR1 locations for "filler" content.

Edited by Rev. Gnash
  • Like 7
2 hours ago, Rev. Gnash said:

Why, won't these bastards, just give us "beta players" the Nevada hat from SP and/or Dutch's gunbelt? A little customer appreciation.

We are well past our usefulness it seems. 

But that is a pretty cool image, I love seeing all the different character types.

3 hours ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

best bits:

"complete any A New Source of Employment mission to receive a free Treasure Map"

/fin

I have so many maps that I have a huge buildup in my camp box. Wish I could give them away to someone who needs them.

• Like 2
darkmaster234
3 hours ago, Rev. Gnash said:

I hate to admit it, the artwork is dope.

maybe because that actually demands work lol, for instance new animations, changing the positioning in clothing... thats way past the interin level they have right now... imagine the same company that has the bandana clashes, the outfit dissapearence and famous gunbelt bugs, pulling that... pitifully unlikely. They crash the game first. 

On 4/19/2021 at 10:16 PM, AnotherUserName said:

Gus badly needs more content. Ideally, I'd like to see him as part of a Trader expansion. Since we're basically trappers for that role anyways, maybe we could assist Gus by filling or running some special orders for him as part of our trading business. Or, since Gus already keeps track of our pelts, we could work directly for him and fill special requests to various buyers, similar to the Moonshiner role. I do agree that he needs more items to offer, not just for legendary animals either, just more non-catalog Gus-crafted clothing in general or even some Gus-specific accessories/customization options.

As for fishing, as much as I enjoy it, I don't really know what they could do with it outside of giving us a couple more places to sell to. I mean, there's that taxidermist out near Strawberry, but it's not like we have anywhere to display a mounted fish. Our moonshine bar, I suppose. Plus, I don't know how I'd feel after spending time in a tug of war with a legendary fish only to have some trigger-happy random ride by and blast me just before or after I land it.

I can see a few things that would make the fisherman role / expansion fun

- give us several choices for a fishing hut. Make it functional, not just a place of business. 

- let us fish with a rod from kayaks, canoes, rowing boats. All of these vehicles can be customized
- let us fish with nets on the lake
- let us buy small steam boats and do small scale fish trawling

- we can sell fish to butchers and Gus

- we start a partnership with [new NPC], who has a small factory / business where fish get processed and sold at a higher price
- introduction of house boats with customizable and functional interior.  We can anchor anywhere we want, including in the middle of the lake

You have a point regarding Legendary Fish being taken away. But we have / had the same problem with Legendary Animals, and as far as I can tell it's not a real dominant problem in the game at the moment. 
Those who enjoy stealing other people's stuff have "been there, done that" it seems. In the first few weeks of the update you'd see Legendary Fish being stolen, then it would quiet down. That's my guess at least. 
The fishing mechanic itself leaves us vulnerable to attack of course. I wouldn't want complete immunity from attack after we pull the fish out of the water, but maybe some extra protection while we have a legendary fish on the hook can be programmed. 
Plus severe punishment for someone who attacks a fisherman. 

Perhaps some kind of an interesting find:

==> https://steamdb.info/app/1404210/history/

Rockstar has added the QABETA depot to the RDO only game on Steam. Perhaps 2-3 weeks of some final testing before the update might launch directly on June 1st? We will see...I still have a bit of hope that this is a REAL good update with some new things to do.

rollschuh2282
7 minutes ago, tbmarkus said:

Rockstar has added the QABETA depot to the RDO only game on Steam. Perhaps 2-3 weeks of some final testing before the update might launch directly on June 1st? We will see...I still have a bit of hope that this is a REAL good update with some new things to do.

strongly doubt it that it has anything to do with that.

RDO uses the exact same depots as RDR2.
only the steam installscript.vdf is different

here is how the RDR2 one looks

Spoiler

"installscript"
{
    "Registry"
    {
        "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Rockstar Games\\Red Dead Redemption 2"
        {
            "string"
            {
                "InstallFolderSteam"        "%INSTALLDIR%\\Red Dead Redemption 2"
            }
        }
    }
    "Run Process"
    {
        "Vulkan111080"
        {
            "HasRunKey"        "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Valve\\Steam\\Apps\\1174180"
            "process 1"        "%INSTALLDIR%\\Redistributables\\VulkanRT-1.1.108.0-Installer.exe"
            "command 1"        "/S"
            "NoCleanUp"        "0"
        }
        "SocialClub2075"
        {
            "process 1"        "%INSTALLDIR%\\Redistributables\\Social-Club-Setup.exe"
            "command 1"        "/silent"
            "NoCleanUp"        "0"
        }
        "Launcher1032316"
        {
            "process 1"        "%INSTALLDIR%\\Redistributables\\Rockstar-Games-Launcher.exe"
            "command 1"        "/s /t"
            "NoCleanUp"        "0"
            "Requirement_OS"
            {
                "Is64BitWindows"        "1"
            }
        }
    }
}
"kvsignatures"
{
    "installscript"        "87a19fd0ecaf314b6913661dfc43df5eca021b6ca8db269865c860dd5a7a3ff44f14f583035391bdc6a33559c274a94b5ff320af6cb5f05c74b7c028d84c62117fae9df991e476d23426ad5e09a19bb2b34d4aa139c99cfc696b41dd9b444b641314ffd84425058d0196f0126d5bbf9df50160a9d3f09ec8bb5c6ba4f433c512"
}

so my guess the file is just different bc it needs to have it´s own steamapp id in it.

so nothing important.

mahmoudmagdy
32 minutes ago, tbmarkus said:

Rockstar doesn't use Qabeta for the final testing