Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Vik2390

RDO Next Updates Speculation & General Chat

Recommended Posts

Shadowfennekin
1 minute ago, RyuNova said:

Hmm, according to the internet the new Xbox does GTAV at a solid 60fps with no enhancements just raw power. Could we see RDR2/O boosted like this?

Well it sure loads faster according to what they say so I guess so

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova
3 minutes ago, Shadowfennekin said:

Well it sure loads faster according to what they say so I guess so

 

Shaves over half the load times off but that's Single Player. The terrible load times for GTAO and RDO are not hardware based, it's how long it takes to connect to R* archaic service.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StyxTx
1 hour ago, Leftover Pizza said:

 

Just keep the game open, before the update hits. It won't auto update. 

Updated the game, lobby size = 5

 

I'm good :D :D 

Ah ok

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rollschuh2282

ok i am checking the changes.

they seem to have added/updated a line in the language files.

was added in the global.yldb

Quote

0x3B9E4EB1 = You have been disconnected from Red Dead Online due to a network fault (Error: ~1~)
 

then they put the freemode tutorial video in the update.rpf, my guess a change with it, but still have to check.

they switched the version number from "1311.20" to "1311.23".

they changed this line in the gameconfig.

maybe @Fun 2 can explain if that is a good change,

they changed it from:

Quote


                    <Item>
                      <StackName>BACKGROUND_SCRIPT</StackName>
                      <SizeOfStack value="2047"/>
                      <NumberOfStacksOfThisSize value="1"/>
                    </Item>

to:

Quote


                    <Item>
                      <StackName>BACKGROUND_SCRIPT</StackName>
                      <SizeOfStack value="2047"/>
                      <NumberOfStacksOfThisSize value="2"/>
                    </Item>

edit: regarding the freemode tutorial video, they seem to have just replaced the old file with the correctly named file.

so nothing changed

Edited by rollschuh2282
  • Like 2
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
1 hour ago, DentureDynamite said:

Ugh; seriously, R*?

Seriously

 

Not even an hour after the update and there were 6 or 7 players who'd obviously been itching to deplete their stockpile of explosives.

 

To be fair, I just sauntered my way to the general store and no one took a shot at me, but still, it was less than the immersive experience I'd grown accustomed to.

  • Like 6
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rev. Gnash
3 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Not seen a single moonshine roadblock or hideout yet either. :(

c6ba8774762f2f6fd0d41724347699236df04165

  • Like 4
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
executor404
1 hour ago, RyuNova said:

Hmm, according to the internet the new Xbox does GTAV at a solid 60fps with no enhancements just raw power. Could we see RDR2/O boosted like this?

 

GTA4 has unlocked framerate. So on 360 it ran 20-40fps. On Series X it runs locked 60fps.

 

GTAV already has a locked framerate, same as RDR2. So you will just see a more stable 30fps. It could technically be 60fps for both if R* would allow MS to do that on a system level. But they want to sell their own enhanced versions of course.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rev. Gnash
10 hours ago, RyuNova said:

 

I hope so.

 

This, the last time I said that in a less PC way I got jumped on. Sometimes not being PC is the best way to describe how people act.

Word? f*ck em' if they can't take a joke.

 

Your posts speak for themselves, IMO. You are harmless.

 

Edited by Rev. Gnash
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirror Park Resident

Well, logged in to see possible changes: everything is the same as before.

 

No problem to spawn at camp in Great Plains, 4 players in the lobby. Fast traveled to Valentine, moved south to go after the Owiza bear, encountered one of these treasure hunters that sell a map to you, then the bear spawned quickly.... Fine. Also animal spawns seem to be unaltered. Now I've seen a couple moonshine events too.

Edited by Mirror Park Resident
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talisman_83

The Ridgeback Spirit bear spawned, but in a new and kinda cool fashion. 

 

The yellow ? appeared, but it was a camp containing a dead man.

Prompted me to check him and upon doing so, the bear came charging out.

 

I would much prefer legendary animal sightings to be that way rather than aimlessly riding around for ages hoping it'll appear.

Though, with low populated lobbies they have been appearing more regularly.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
darkmaster234
7 minutes ago, Mirror Park Resident said:

Well, logged in to see possible changes: everything is the same as before.

 

No problem to spawn at camp in Great Plains, 4 players in the lobby. Fast traveled to Valentine, moved south to go after the Owiza bear, encountered one of these treasure hunters that sell a map to you, then the bear spawned quickly.... Fine. Also animal spawns seem to be unaltered. Now I've seen a couple moonshine events too.

Good, then maybe for a reason we ignore all the players were thrown into sessions in the morning. if i recall correctly all those reports came before 1pm in the east USA time zone. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YNNEL

lol wondered what the random update was. Clearly Rockstar don’t want anyone to enjoy this game.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big TIme McGill

So far on this update I experienced the following bugs that I never had before:

  • Ordered something on the catalogue and had it delivered to my camp.  When trying to collect, the Collect All was greyed out.  Couldn't collect the item (it was a bread roll for the special stew)
  • Went to collect a bottle of Old Tom Gin as part of the collector challenge even though I had ten in satchel.  Tried to drink one to get to nine so I could collect however every time I drank it, it registered as Carribean Rum.  Could not drink Old Tom Gin.
  • While in St. Denis, all fast travel posts disappeared, even when I was at the location.

Don't know what they "improved" with this update but it seems to have bugged other areas.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirror Park Resident
1 minute ago, Big TIme McGill said:

So far on this update I experienced the following bugs that I never had before:

  • Ordered something on the catalogue and had it delivered to my camp.  When trying to collect, the Collect All was greyed out.  Couldn't collect the item (it was a bread roll for the special stew)
  • Went to collect a bottle of Old Tom Gin as part of the collector challenge even though I had ten in satchel.  Tried to drink one to get to nine so I could collect however every time I drank it, it registered as Carribean Rum.  Could not drink Old Tom Gin.
  • While in St. Denis, all fast travel posts disappeared, even when I was at the location.

Don't know what they "improved" with this update but it seems to have bugged other areas.

The first 2 were around since the Naturalist release.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leftover Pizza
1 hour ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Seriously

 

Not even an hour after the update and there were 6 or 7 players who'd obviously been itching to deplete their stockpile of explosives.

 

To be fair, I just sauntered my way to the general store and no one took a shot at me, but still, it was less than the immersive experience I'd grown accustomed to.

 

Not seen a single other player in view on both accounts, after the update. The highest count I've seen was 8 players and it wasn't for long. It dropped by 4 at once (probably a posse) and remained low. I'm not noticing any difference, really.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yeezy203
1 hour ago, Talisman_83 said:

The Ridgeback Spirit bear spawned, but in a new and kinda cool fashion. 

 

The yellow ? appeared, but it was a camp containing a dead man.

Prompted me to check him and upon doing so, the bear came charging out.

 

I would much prefer legendary animal sightings to be that way rather than aimlessly riding around for ages hoping it'll appear.

Though, with low populated lobbies they have been appearing more regularly.

I agree but I didn't like that one. That was the same one I had and I knew what was going to happen but still couldn't stop the bear. The icon doesn't come up until he's on top of you and it's too fast to avoid at that point. Does seem more immersive that way though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leftover Pizza
1 hour ago, Talisman_83 said:

The Ridgeback Spirit bear spawned, but in a new and kinda cool fashion. 

 

The yellow ? appeared, but it was a camp containing a dead man.

Prompted me to check him and upon doing so, the bear came charging out.

 

I would much prefer legendary animal sightings to be that way rather than aimlessly riding around for ages hoping it'll appear.

Though, with low populated lobbies they have been appearing more regularly.

 

I got this spawn last week, when they were new. Had the camp, looked around, but didn't see the bear. He saw me when he spawned though.......

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PabtheFab
1 hour ago, Big TIme McGill said:

Went to collect a bottle of Old Tom Gin as part of the collector challenge even though I had ten in satchel.  Tried to drink one to get to nine so I could collect however every time I drank it, it registered as Carribean Rum.  Could not drink Old Tom Gin.

This one is not new. It's been a while you can't chose which antique alcohol you drink...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdamNortonUK
2 hours ago, Big TIme McGill said:

So far on this update I experienced the following bugs that I never had before:

  • Went to collect a bottle of Old Tom Gin as part of the collector challenge even though I had ten in satchel.  Tried to drink one to get to nine so I could collect however every time I drank it, it registered as Carribean Rum.  Could not drink Old Tom Gin.

Yeah this bug has been in since the Naturalist update as others have stated, it just drinks whatever Antique Alcohol Bottle is listed at the top of the list in your satchel, I've had to make sure the I have a very common looted Antique Alcohol Bottle at the top of the list so that it doesn't drink a less common one so that I can still complete the Daily Challenge for drinking one at least until they fix it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big TIme McGill

This game is honestly soul destroying some times.  I have never had this lockbox problem.  Usually the first thing I do is go to my lockbox and reload my ammo.  Now I can't collect any deliveries either at the lockbox or post office.  Unbelievable.

 

I decided to go hunt the Red Streak Coyote.  I went to the first spawn point, nothing there, so started heading to the second one in Henningan's Stead.  Out of nowhere, I get a notice that the Red Streak Coyote has escaped and I should come back later.  This means that I now have to wait 72 hours before I can look for any Coyote in the open.  WTF!!!  At no point did a question mark or yellow paw appear on the map.  I literally went from nothing to "the animal has escaped".

 

Really questioning why I bother anymore.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StyxTx
2 hours ago, Big TIme McGill said:

So far on this update I experienced the following bugs that I never had before:

  • Ordered something on the catalogue and had it delivered to my camp.  When trying to collect, the Collect All was greyed out.  Couldn't collect the item (it was a bread roll for the special stew)
  • Went to collect a bottle of Old Tom Gin as part of the collector challenge even though I had ten in satchel.  Tried to drink one to get to nine so I could collect however every time I drank it, it registered as Carribean Rum.  Could not drink Old Tom Gin.
  • While in St. Denis, all fast travel posts disappeared, even when I was at the location.

Don't know what they "improved" with this update but it seems to have bugged other areas.

The greyed out collect all has been there for several weeks, since the randomized collector items I think. Sometimes it's white, other times not. Really a pain to have to scroll through 150+ items to find what you're looking for.  Also, on PS4 when I'm in the catalogue and hit buy maximum, it takes out the money but never adds all the product. I haven't checked that on the PC yet.

 

The alcohol glitch also began when they changed the collector randomness. That may be something they did on purpose though. I wouldn't be surprised. You know how they like to screw with the players.

 

So basically, while "fixing" the collector thing they f***ed up several other things. But this is par for the course.

 

If these game makers at R* were my kids, they'd be disowned by now.

Edited by StyxTx
  • Like 2
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery

Normal service has been resumed.

LCqTVMG.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova

Well the Update seems to have done nothing so I wonder what it was...?

 

Didn't we once get R* adding more stuff for dripfeed after the fact via random Update?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdamNortonUK

The only thing I have found from playing that may have been fixed is the processing transaction that gets stuck after selling a lot of items. When I was selling items earlier today it happened as usual but after the update when selling a lot of items it slowed down the selling of the items but I didn't get stuck which in the past meant I had to change sessions if I wanted to sell more items.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001

I had the old man show up at my camp as I was lugging in a deer.

He said "I knew you were coming" then he ran off.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big TIme McGill
1 hour ago, StyxTx said:

The greyed out collect all has been there for several weeks, since the randomized collector items I think. Sometimes it's white, other times not. Really a pain to have to scroll through 150+ items to find what you're looking for.  Also, on PS4 when I'm in the catalogue and hit buy maximum, it takes out the money but never adds all the product. I haven't checked that on the PC yet.

I have legit been playing every day for the past 60 days on Xbox and not once have I encountered this collect all issue.  I use the lockbox every single day.  It may have been present on other platforms but wasn't on Xbox.  Guess they decided it was only fair to screw everyone with this update.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leftover Pizza
5 minutes ago, kcole4001 said:

I had the old man show up at my camp as I was lugging in a deer.

He said "I knew you were coming" then he ran off.

 

He was at my camp too and told me stories. I gave him some food, as I always do, and he went on his way again. 

Also ran into the bounty hunter duelling woman in Valentine. Waited for her to shoot and stow her bounty and decided to follow her to see where she's going. Absolutely nowhere. You can follow her all around the map, but she never stops to deliver her bounty. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No Homing

I heard they fixed the character corruption bug!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fryday
4 hours ago, Leftover Pizza said:

 

He was at my camp too and told me stories. I gave him some food, as I always do, and he went on his way again. 

Also ran into the bounty hunter duelling woman in Valentine. Waited for her to shoot and stow her bounty and decided to follow her to see where she's going. Absolutely nowhere. You can follow her all around the map, but she never stops to deliver her bounty. 

I never got the sense of these duells, because you cant do anything, or am I something missing?

 

They shoot immediatly, one dies one goes away. the victim has no loot....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IzzyBlues
31 minutes ago, fryday said:

I never got the sense of these duells, because you cant do anything, or am I something missing?

 

They shoot immediatly, one dies one goes away. the victim has no loot....

Yeah, I've stumbled across these and I have no idea what the purpose of these NPC duels are. I've tried shooting one of them before they could kill the other, but then the one left alive turns on me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 11 Users Currently Viewing
    5 members, 1 Anonymous, 5 Guests

    • IamCourtney
    • Vallence
    • MrHarlow
    • TagoKG
    • _RIORDAN_
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.