Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Vik2390

RDO Next Updates Speculation & General Chat

Recommended Posts

Kirsty

Rockstar devs are known for their humour, it's what GTA is built on, and even though RDR2 is a more "serious" kind of game and genre, the SP is still full of little funny bits and oddities. That humour and a bit of honesty could save all this without anything new even being added to the game. It's why the silence feels kinda ... clinical or something? Not the spunk we're used to.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nonfatcactus327

all I gotta say is, if they decide the best response is humor, it better be FUNNY. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kirsty
5 minutes ago, Nonfatcactus327 said:

all I gotta say is, if they decide the best response is humor, it better be FUNNY. 

What if it was... Punny? 

 

:yee:

  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Retro_Causality

RDO has so much potential

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RaigeGames
34 minutes ago, Retro_Causality said:

what if GTAO gets the update before RDO

GTA is having the same drought at RDO, I don't think it means anything if GTA is updated first. I wouldn't be surprised though if Rockstar did back to back releases for both games again like they did in December. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YNNEL
37 minutes ago, Retro_Causality said:

what if GTAO gets the update before RDO

I think they’ll be released on the same week. Like casino heist/moonshiners. If they release a GTAO dlc and stay silent on RDO can you imagine the rage in this forum lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Viewbob

im going with if they update gta before rdo and dont say anything about rdo im accepting its dead

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IzzyBlues
1 hour ago, Kirsty said:

What if it was... Punny? 

 

:yee:

Cursed-tea can I ask you a question that has nothing to do with RDO?

  • Like 1
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kirsty
2 minutes ago, IzzyBlues93 said:

Cursed-tea can I ask you a question that has nothing to do with RDO?

How may I help you, IzzyBlues?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IzzyBlues
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Kirsty said:

How may I help you, IzzyBlues?

If you had to get f*cked by either the cat from Sabrina the Teenage Witch, or Garfield, which one would you pick and why? Your choices are not limited to movie Garfield, but cartoon Garfield as well.

Edited by IzzyBlues93
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbmarkus

What are these updates here about? No info about the depot etc. Does anyone knows that?

 

changes.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kirsty
15 minutes ago, IzzyBlues93 said:

If you had to get f*cked by either the cat from Sabrina the Teenage Witch, or Garfield, which one would you pick and why? Your choices are not limited to movie Garfield, but cartoon Garfield as well.

You're so weird.

 

Sounds like a double ended question. No cat f*ckery is happening on my watch 😌

  • Like 3
  • YEE 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spider-Vice
26 minutes ago, tbmarkus said:

What are these updates here about? No info about the depot etc. Does anyone knows that?

 

changes.jpg

Nothing, they happened to a bunch of titles. Sometimes backend changes not related to the games happen and they cound as changes in the game page.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IzzyBlues
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Kirsty said:

You're so weird.

 

Sounds like a double ended question. No cat f*ckery is happening on my watch 😌

What's double ended about it? You were given the choice between A or B and you explain why you chose either A or B. And why not? I thought you loved cats.

 

Sounds like you're the weird one. :harrumph:

Edited by IzzyBlues93
  • Like 1
  • YEE 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djb204
Posted (edited)

The best way to protest about Rockstar abandoning the game is by abandoning Rockstar. What if we all stopped playing Red Dead & GTA until they gave us something to come back to?

Edited by djb204
  • Like 2
  • fir thi bairns 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin

Err, how did we get onto a conversation about 2 pussies and a double ender, hey?

 

Mwahahaha. 🤣👹

  • KEKW 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Retro_Causality

Rockstar really gave up on RDO ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fun 2

Don't worry, he's coming

IPaEKd0.jpg

  • Like 10
  • KEKW 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rev. Gnash
Posted (edited)

Don't give me hope.

tumblr-ntoarmk9h-B1u7gnm9o1-250.gif

Edited by Rev. Gnash
  • Like 5
  • KEKW 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
executor404

Thanks to OnlyPVPCat.

 

 

Also R* won't show up at the Xbox Games Showcase. I'm pretty sure about that now, so don't expect anything R*-related there.

 

The next realistic date to expect something is Friday, July 31st.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Retro_Causality

We might make a change to rockstars heart 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buddy Hightower
54 minutes ago, djb204 said:

The best way to protest about Rockstar abandoning the game is by abandoning Rockstar. What if we all stopped playing Red Dead & GTA until they gave us something to come back to?

You mean the 1% of the player base that reads these forums???

Drop in the bucket

  • Like 1
  • YEE 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RHWK_Texas
16 minutes ago, Retro_Causality said:

We might make a change to rockstars heart 

I really hope so!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
59 minutes ago, djb204 said:

The best way to protest about Rockstar abandoning the game is by abandoning Rockstar. What if we all stopped playing Red Dead & GTA until they gave us something to come back to?

 

4 minutes ago, Buddy Hightower said:

You mean the 1% of the player base that reads these forums???

Drop in the bucket

You're both right really, lol.

 

The only real way to see R* buck up is to down tools. But there's equally just too many gamers to unite on that as many don't internet with their gaming or care about what's happening to do something like this either. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Retro_Causality

What do you guys think the issue has been. Just delay of COVID or something else 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Retro_Causality said:

What do you guys think the issue has been. Just delay of COVID or something else 

Yeah. R* and the bad press over working conditions I believe saw many more free to say no to going to work during lockdown. Combined with R*'s secretive ways that meant working from home was a no go as they feared leaks etc.

 

Plus I feel as players were on lockdown, player numbers and gold/card sales were good enough to convince R* they could hold out longer.

 

Maybe even they're using the pandemic to stall on content as they gear up to re-release on next gen too. If this gen is to stop support sooner than later, they may have thought the less they can do here and more there, the better.

 

But in truth, who knows, lol. Just my speculation is all.

 

Though a small part of me is truly hoping R* know what they're doing isn't working and are taking their time to give the game a complete overhaul, lol. #dreamland. :)

Edited by Lonely-Martin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Retro_Causality
1 hour ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Yeah. R* and the bad press over working conditions I believe saw many more free to say no to going to work during lockdown. Combined with R*'s secretive ways that meant working from home was a no go as they feared leaks etc.

 

Plus I feel as players were on lockdown, player numbers and gold/card sales were good enough to convince R* they could hold out longer.

 

Maybe even they're using the pandemic to stall on content as they gear up to re-release on next gen too. If this gen is to stop support sooner than later, they may have thought the less they can do here and more there, the better.

 

But in truth, who knows, lol. Just my speculation is all.

 

Though a small part of me is truly hoping R* know what they're doing isn't working and are taking their time to give the game a complete overhaul, lol. #dreamland. :)

Well the qbeta updates mean they are working on it right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GtaV2020
2 hours ago, Retro_Causality said:

What do you guys think the issue has been. Just delay of COVID or something else 

Maybe they are lazy or something else the delay not because COVID , this is not an excuse look at the other companies , I am not talking about epicgames ( Fortnite ) , I am talking about high graphics games like rainbow six siege , call of duty warezone and too many other games they release new updates with new contents & they are working remotely from home too like rockstargames so this is not excuse from rockstargames 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason
7 minutes ago, GtaV2020 said:

Maybe they are lazy or something else the delay not because COVID , this is not an excuse look at the other companies , I am not talking about epicgames ( Fortnite ) , I am talking about high graphics games like rainbow six siege , call of duty warezone and too many other games they release new updates with new contents & they are working remotely from home too like rockstargames so this is not excuse from rockstargames 👍

Every studio has been impacted differently by the lockdown, every games development, impacted differently. Rockstar are a notoriously secretive company who probably literally shat them selves at the thought of staff working from home due to the risk of leaks and what not. Even before lockdown if I had to guess which game studio would suffer the most during it, it'd be Rockstar. This isn't a defense of their work practices or anything, it's just how it probably is.

 

It's easy to to think think this is just an RDO problem, but their cash cow, GTAO, has also not seen a content update this year, the F1 update was stuff in the Casino Heist update and the new jobs are created through their mission creator, which RDO doesn't have.

 

The issue for me is not the lack of update(s), it's the complete lack of communication. If development did get impacted cause of it... just say that, it's not hard. Instead fans are in the dark, as per usual.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Retro_Causality
Just now, Jason said:

Every studio has been impacted differently by the lockdown, every games development, impacted differently. Rockstar are a notoriously secretive company who probably literally shat them selves at the thought of staff working from home due to the risk of leaks and what not. Even before lockdown if I had to guess which game studio would suffer the most during it, it'd be Rockstar. This isn't a defense of their work practices or anything, it's just how it probably is.

 

It's easy to to think think this is just an RDO problem, but their cash cow, GTAO, has also not seen a content update this year, the F1 update was stuff in the Casino Heist update and the new jobs are created through their mission creator, which RDO doesn't have.

 

The issue for me is not the lack of update(s), it's the complete lack of communication. If development did get impacted cause of it... just say that, it's not hard. Instead fans are in the dark, as per usual.

agreed Jason

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 11 Users Currently Viewing
    3 members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests

    • IzzyBlues
    • darkmaster234
    • éX-Driver
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.