3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Hakshaw

Stranger missions online broken?

ThaBirdCoot

Day 4 of them not working for me on PS4, what a terrible dissapointement...to say the least.

CapoV91

Stranger missions totally broke for me now, they simply do not start, what a shame not being able to run around free roam and take full advantage of the stranger missions during the xp bonus 

Edited by CapoV91

BUT THE BENZ

^capo, what console are you on?!

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

CapoV91

Ps4

8 hours ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

^capo, what console are you on?!

fryday

sometimes it helps when you leave the quest giver and come back. its just 50-100 meters, then he will have a new mission 

Clickalot

I have also this problem, all stranger missions doesnt work anymore.

Its not now and then working. No...it is not working at all for days with me

Ghoffman9

Even if the missions do start like they're suppose to, its impossible to complete most of them right now when your damn horse is a no show. No way you can complete most of them in the allotted time when you gotta do it on foot.

ThaBirdCoot
1 hour ago, Ghoffman9 said:

Even if the missions do start like they're suppose to, its impossible to complete most of them right now when your damn horse is a no show. No way you can complete most of them in the allotted time when you gotta do it on foot.

This is terrible, I haven't had the no horse glitch yet and frankly I hope I never come across. Was going to jump on soon but I might just not at all since this mess is still dragging on for nearly 5 days now already...

BUT THE BENZ
5 hours ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

This is terrible, I haven't had the no horse glitch yet and frankly I hope I never come across. Was going to jump on soon but I might just not at all since this mess is still dragging on for nearly 5 days now already...

^THISSSS....I had a stretch @ work so I couldn't play as usual for the last 6 days. mad the game broke like that, but not that worried since I didn't have the time to play really. so, I was looking forward to seeing most of the recent issues to be resolved by now, so I could have a "great" time again over the next couple of days until the update drops. 4 days at home, I could waste the nights making cash and gathering xp.....WELL I GUESS NOT

FU R*

Ryan5252
7 hours ago, Ghoffman9 said:

Rob one

ThaBirdCoot
1 hour ago, Ryan5252 said:

Rob one

there are no horses coaches or carts spawning right now as well for some of us, so yeah... wild horses seem to spawn though oddly enough he might get lucky with that LOL

Edited by ThaBirdCoot

Ghoffman9
3 hours ago, Ryan5252 said:

Rob one

Even if you steal one there are still problems. Your horse is not just your means of transportation, but you need it to access your entire arsenal and changing outfits is all done through the horse.

Want to switch weapons that are best suited for the situation? Too bad.

Want to switch clothing that is better suited for the environment that you're currently in? Too bad.

Clickalot
23 hours ago, CapoV91 said:

Stranger missions totally broke for me now, they simply do not start, what a shame not being able to run around free roam and take full advantage of the stranger missions during the xp bonus 

I have exactly the same thing, for days now

BUT THE BENZ

I'd say let's gather info....compare similarities, console/location....but in the end, regardless, all we can do is wait....it's up to R*, Sony and Microsoft.

is customer still king?!

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

BUT THE BENZ

still broken. good job R*

BUT THE BENZ

and you know, the lobbies I'm in I see people delivering pelts, reposessing wagons, delivering mails etc...so it's totally working for seemingly everyone in session, it's only me who doesn't get to start missions!

Frykill

The whole game is busted for me on xbox.  This is unacceptable once microtransactions go live.  No updates on when it's going to be fixed.  Apparently, they are going to just leave it broken until the 26th.  I expect quite a large chunk of gold and cash for basically being ignored and swept under the rug.  If the came right out and said they are having issues, I would give benefit of the doubt, but 5 days and nothing.  

ThaBirdCoot

yeah, just forget about it dudes and play something else instead, don't give yourself the headaches. I have played each single day since release almost and now I am at the point I refuse to go online anymore, it's unacceptable on their part. Will check on 26th if anything is back to normal, because I don't give a damn what they add quite honestly but if the whole thing is still broken hasta la vista

4 hours ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

and you know, the lobbies I'm in I see people delivering pelts, reposessing wagons, delivering mails etc...so it's totally working for seemingly everyone in session, it's only me who doesn't get to start missions!

^ exactly what makes me even more mad, guys were running horse thefts, wagons & what not last time I was on 2 days ago, so I figured ok it's fixed but nope.

Ronin Ogami

When I first logged on this morning, everything seemed fine. I did a supply wagon mission & was able to do a bit of light hunting. Then it crashed, then back to no animals & booting me to the Xbox home screen. 

YNNEL

They worked for a bit when I first went on today but now they’ve completely stopped working again. Annoying since it’s the only thing in free roam that gives you decent XP.

BUT THE BENZ

we seem to be too few to be recognized...apparently most of the playerbase doesn't have these issues....for whatever reason

ThaBirdCoot

The sad thing is in the past, strictly speaking for myself here, I have never been on the end of these weird bugs in some games that only ever seem to affect such a few people. I always felt sorry for these guys/gals who never got to have a good multiplayer experience, now that I am in the same boat I am just disgusted really. But hey it just reinforces my opinion that I will never spend a single cent more on a game already bought full price, back in the days when we had sp dlc's I would gladly buy an add on,  back then it was mostly worth it. Just thinking back to RDR days, not one regret splashing out the cash. Now it's all cosmetic bullsh*t and p2w items and everyone seems to be ok with it and behold if you say something to the asskissers of this business model you just gonna get lit up. Whatever sorry for the b&m I'm out to have a walk with the dog, at least there is animals irl LMAO 

BUT THE BENZ
3 hours ago, Frykill said:

Apparently, they are going to just leave it broken until the 26th. 

Well, why can't they fix it NOW then? here's hoping they DO fix it come the 26th...but I have a bad feeling about it tbh. if they COULD fix it, why not do it? same goes for the STUBBLE!

...seemingly noone around to shine light into DARKNESS....imran get to it!!!

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

*Lola

Just recently met a few posses that mainly play stranger missions.

Here's a few problems I've seen with them.

They won't load

They load and none of the posse members can see the timer or the destination of mission.

They load and only a couple members can see the timer and destination.

They load and 10 minutes later the mission will finally start.

They load and only a few members of the posse get cash, xp and gold. The others get nothing.

Posse leader getting Rockstar errors and getting disconnected, spoiling the mission for all. Time wasted once again.

The leader tries to start the stranger mission and it won't do anything. Ride on to the next one and it won't engage or let him start it either.

Story missions are far better.

Still get many errors from Rockstar services where I have to restart game.

My patience is running out with this game.

Internet speed isn't a problem for me.

160.1 - Mbps download

5.69 - Mbps upload

Edited by *Lola

•—•
15 minutes ago, *Lola said:

They load and only a couple members can see the timer and destination.

Yeah, I had this problem recently. I was a posse member, just trying something to else, other than PvP Showdown. After the posse went to like, a couple of destiantions and I noticed the posse leader was riding a wagon / cart thing whatever. Then I knew it wasn't appearing the me. The objective. I had to leave the session and join back in posse. Then the three blue cart icons appeare from the Stranger Mission.

YNNEL

Not working again at all today. Getting beyond a joke now.

Rafae S

If the next update doesn't fix this I'm done with this game lol

ThaBirdCoot
1 hour ago, Rafae S said:

If the next update doesn't fix this I'm done with this game lol

prepare to be done bruah

BUT THE BENZ

so I tried one right after the update, and it worked. it started, and it ended. the end took a while and for a second or two I thought it would glitch out again and not pay me. it did, a minute after I dropped the pelt.

BUT THE BENZ

terrible....it's still happening, it's on and off, worked fine for a day, now sh*t all the way!  and more disconnects than before...ugh...WHY?!