4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Rammer2k

Why did Dutch......Spoiler

Rammer2k

End up shooting Micah in the end?  He was obviously there well before John arrived.  Micah even said they were teaming up again to do jobs.  Even stranger he just walks past John without saying a word, or not wanting the money.  Was he just too far gone at that point, or did seeing John again bring back how close the old gang was to him.  Especially Arthur, and Hosea.

Gtaman_92

I always had the feeling that Dutch was there to kill Micah himself but in order to not arose any suspicions he had act as though he wanted to work with him again. which is why he said he was there for the same reason as John during the standoff. 

Edited by Gtaman_92

O.Z

Nah, it just reminded Dutch how retarded he is and has been his whole life. Choosing a guy who joined the gang 6 months ago over his life long friends... to be honest with you, you can’t even blame Dutch, blame Rockstar for writing an utter bullsh*t story. 

universetwisters

Because Dutch always has a plan

Cutter De Blanc

Dutch is a crazy badass

Implicitly

He was defeated and knew he was wrong and that Micah was the rat all along. He tells John, "same as you, I suppose" because he is up there for revenge specifically to kill Micah. I take that he was never working with Micah or was with Micah probably had just arrived earlier than John. Micah thought that but he was going to be working with him again but instead Dutch's plan was to backstab him (which is funny because early in the game Micah talks about how "nothing is better" than backstabbing someone who thinks you like them, which is what Dutch does to him.)

So, basically he kills Micah out of revenge. Some may disagree, but personally I take it that it was also revenge for Arthur and that was his "redemption." He left the money for John because he didn't care about it. Signifying it was never about the money and he was wrong yet also I took it that him letting John take the money meant that he was "letting them go" for a better life what Arthur wanted.

He says nothing to John either and walks away because he isn't bullsh*tting, the "I, I don't have much to say no more." Is referring to Dutch not trying to charm his way out of something. For the first time ever you see Dutch speechless with no manipulation, usually he talks his way out of everything but first time ever, he was speechless and had nothing to say because he had no excuses he knew he was wrong. He was there purely for revenge. It was his redemption. 

Edited by Implicitly

Cutter De Blanc

If Dutch was up there to kill Micah, John "Dunderhead" Marston charged in and screwed up his plan. Dutch always has a plan, you just gotta have some GODDAMN FAITH

Dutch running the slow game, was gonna be a big badass speech before he avenged his "son" and then Johnny Boy comes in with his typical "BILL, BILL WILLIAMSON IVE COME FOR YA BILL"  mentality shooting and killing everybody on the f*cking mountain and just generally making a mess of the plan

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Fluffy Sock

Nah, the whole thing is perfectly understandable.

He played Micah only to get revenge on him, also to avenge Arthur, Susan and others. As for the money, trying to take all would have created a tough situation, with numbers against him, so, I guess he took as much money and gold as he could (he looked so bulky in that winter coat, suspicious😂) and ran away quietly. He wasn't probably able to carry all by himself anyway. 

Edited by Fluffy Sock

GroveStGTAV

You know, dutch was always friendly at first with his victims. Like, sherrif gray, caterina braithwaite, angelo bronte even letvidicus cornwall (few moments before annesburg shootout)

I think dutch was here for to survive and playing micah's gang for himself.  I think he was planning to kill micah all along. Just like he was planning to death of john marston in chapter 6

You know, dutch was always friendly at first with his victims. Like, sherrif gray, caterina braithwaite, angelo bronte even letvidicus cornwall (few moments before annesburg shootout)

I think dutch was here for to survive and playing micah's gang for himself.  I think he was planning to kill micah all along. Just like he was planning to death of john marston in chapter 6

Jimbatron

Firstly the more mundane part of it.

Its noticeable that Dutch leaves the money not once, but twice.

End of Chapter 6 he walks away from it, and makes no attempt to lay claim to a share of it at the end of “American Venom” - and in the circumstance of the latter, if he said “I’m taking half” (for arguments sake), can you really see John fighting him over it?

Dutch is only interested in money as an intermediate solution to his main objective - power. Which in the story mean keeping conrolof his gang. But by the end of “Redemption” he can probably see it is already beyond repair.

Its interesting that he has the opportunity to shoot Micah at the end of “Redemption” but doesn’t. You can say for certain without knowing inside the mind of a fictional character but I’d say Dutch realised he’d made a mistake taking Micah into his confidence at the end of “Redemption” - but it took him a long time to rationalise it.

As an obvious narcissist, my bet is Dutch will have finally laid the blame on the break up of the gang at Micah’s door. But I suspect he would have failed to accept blame himself for trusting him in the first place and not heeding Arthur more closely. He’s not a man to admit he was wrong.

Darealbandicoot
3 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

If Dutch was up there to kill Micah, John "Dunderhead" Marston charged in and screwed up his plan. Dutch always has a plan, you just gotta have some GODDAMN FAITH

Dutch running the slow game, was gonna be a big badass speech before he avenged his "son" and then Johnny Boy comes in with his typical "BILL, BILL WILLIAMSON IVE COME FOR YA BILL"  mentality shooting and killing everybody on the f*cking mountain and just generally making a mess of the plan

Now that I think of it, Dutch taking revenge for his "son" Arthur, would have been WAAAAAY cooler to see and redeem him slightly.... Instead of John help hang a man in public unmasked and slaughter an entire gang going up Mount Shann and messing up Dutch's plan that would have kept John out of the Bureau's crosshairs.. Oh and Dutch and the rest of the gang wouldn't have died in 1911....probably. 

Edited by Darealbandicoot

DirtCheap

Dutch probably wanted to end him as he tells John he's there for "the same reason as you" . However, judging by Micah's insane shooting skills, he was probably waiting for the right chance and when Ratty is focusing his gun at Marston, he shoots him.

3Prcntr

Because Dutch. Really all there is to say about it. I hated him the entire story. My second playthough I antagonize him constantly, and he shoves me then questions my loyalty.

I would shoot him if I could.
*Boom*
"Was that part of your f*cking plan Dutch?".

Corndawg93

I would've love to see a sniper kill Micah, and the camera pans over to the gun to reveal Arthur holding it, I mean you would've had to ignor him dying for that to make sence