3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Lonely-Martin

'I need a million, quick'

Lonely-Martin

Just thought this could be a fun thread. Maybe helpful too, but here there's no right or wrong answers or methods. Just a bit of fun to share 'our' ways/preferences etc.

There's so many ways to make money in game, (cards and glitches too of course), but let's just pretend, or for many, you don't have a stash of cash but we do have a great variety of options in game and that 'something' just got added that you must have or have been hoping for. Could be anything, but that's beside the point. It costs a full $1million and you 'gotta have it' is my meaning here.

What's your go-to to score a quick million by your standards/based off of where you are in game? Quick is relative of course as we're all in different places etc.

Could be anything, any way you can right now. Just thought it would be fun to read responses. (As usual, if a repeat or unwarranted thread, by all means lock her up).

Thanks for reading. :)

Edited by Lonely-Martin

kenmy13999

I would ask you (op), @Bandersnatch and probably Steve to run some heists :)

REXX

Sell an overpriced Super I never use anymore! Quick million 😛

Usually though, on a day to day basis, my million usually comes from VIP work. I literally reckon that me and @Verstappen have done so much VIP work, we could purchase half of San Andreas with our earnings combined :lol:

lordbancs

This is a fun idea OP.

I'd have to say after 5+ plus years of grinding I've had enough. If I needed a quick million, I'd fill up and bunker and make sure the nightclub was producing and go AFK. 

OR like the guy above me, just sell a car I hardly use, as this quick million could have only been for a vehicle and I'd need to make the space anyhow.

Captain Yamamoto

drugs

bunker

nightclub

EZ

Collibosher

When my bank account drops to sub 4M, I go to my bunker and BUY supplies, then I just start doing I/E missions and between the sales (cool down time) I do the Headhunter VIP work and sell Ballers and Felons when possible. I do try to do them in "peaceful" sub 15 players lobbies. When I have around 10M, I stop. Before I/E and bunkers I did crate work, but that really was awful grinding and making the sell with plane was doomed to fail. 

crybaby17h16

we survived them dlcs, we survived them dripfeeds.. i gotta keep faith, they will not crush us.. i just need time, time and bunker, and NO TRYHARDS.

buy supplies for bunker, coke, nightclub is producing, import/export 5 top range cars then sell them, client jobs..

1 million in less than two hours if i didn't have some cash already.. 

btw i would just wait until i have 1 million, i refuse to spend 2 hours in making money.. i only play for fun, i can't waste 2 hours just like that...

when arena war just come out i remember i had pretty much nothing, i sold two appartements and cheval taipan if i'm not lying, so i can afford a workshop, only cuz i realized that i need workshop to save AP..

cheval taipan if that its name gotta go, fashionable, beautiful but not reliable i guess, ❤️

Killer Whale

Act 2 finale. There are people out there who are overly generous giving me 85% of the score ;)

crybaby17h16
19 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

ladies and gentelmen this is a robbery

Jenkiiii

Sell an Elegy Retro custom gathering dust on my second character. That'll just about cover it.

Verstappen
43 minutes ago, REXX said:

Usually though, on a day to day basis, my million usually comes from VIP work. I literally reckon that me and @Verstappen have done so much VIP work, we could purchase half of San Andreas with our earnings combined :lol:

You buy the Senora desert and I'll buy the forest area. Deal?

REXX
6 minutes ago, Verstappen said:

You buy the Senora desert and I'll buy the forest area. Deal?

giphy.gif

deadx23

Talking from my PC experience (I started over with no cheats what so ever) 

After I got free cash from r* log in promotion's I saved all of it to buy a night club/cocaine biker business that's my go to from a 39 level.

zpappas

Character goes AFK dancing in my NC while at work.  When I get home, sell NC, Coke, and Bunker

Mistermilan07

Bogdan

No Homing

Run Act 2 with both my PS4s.

Already made 21 million in the last 2 days.

Ez money.

Kiwi_91
1 hour ago, zpappas said:

Character goes AFK dancing in my NC while at work.  When I get home, sell NC, Coke, and Bunker

this may just be the best way to save for a dlc, for players who work full time 

Avakian

Could help in money drop if anyone wants.

IceDree

A million dollars without access to my cash reserves or my existing business infrastructure? hypothetically speaking?

Garage Sale!!!!

I can think of at least 5 cars & a couple of planes I can boot off the island without remorse.

If a Garage sale is not kosher, I'll probably run a DDH Heist, Act II is relatively easy. That hot item better be an X6 or a Cullinan to get me back to heisting, ya dig?

6 hours ago, REXX said:

Oh man, VIP Work is the backbone of my organization! I wouldn't be where I'm today without it.

In 2017 alone I did over 4000 jobs. I reckon 2018 is closer to 7500 if not more thanks to 2x$ on VIP work. #TheAddictionIsRealz 😂😉

Edited by IceDree

Lonely-Martin
50 minutes ago, IceDree said:

A million dollars without access to my cash reserves or my existing business infrastructure? hypothetically speaking?

Just an FYI, businesses count too. Basically I was curious as to what people's go-to's are on those days where a quick mil is needed or wanted, lol. 

Loads of good ways out there. We all have our preferences of how to score good cash. And for us longer term players with great options, we're at that luxury of taking our pick. :)

3 hours ago, kenmy13999 said:

Absolutely! Rarely need an excuse to heist, but when a target is in mind, I relish these even more. 

If this wasn't an option, VIP work, TB missions, and the nightclub are all I'll need when plodding alone. Love that nightclub for its flexibility. :)

hei3enberg
1 hour ago, IceDree said:

In 2017 alone I did over 4000 jobs. I reckon 2018 is closer to 5000 if not more

That's what, more than 15 jobs per day considering you're not playing daily? You did some time!

Hellbendzor

Coke... Nearing 150M earned… This week it's 840K a day for 7 days straight, so

As a beginning player, it was all about missions for me... I was so happy with 20K (and 15mins of work to get it aka the Los Santos Connection)… Ignorance truely is bliss… What can u buy with 20K these days ROFL...

Big Molio

Shark card, naturally

Lonely-Martin
1 hour ago, hei3enberg said:

That's what, more than 15 jobs per day considering you're not playing daily? You did some time!

4000 in a year is almost 11 per day. To be fair, on a good day like a full and free Saturday off and just indulging in the game, I do a lot more than that, lol. 

Totally get ya, it's an awful lot looking at the numbers in retrospect. But if only 5 minutes a job, mixed with 5 min TB jobs too these days, it's very easy when keen to just rack those numbers up without thinking, lol.

Bloody good earner is the VIP/TB charge. :)

hei3enberg
22 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

4000 in a year is almost 11 per day. To be fair, on a good day like a full and free Saturday off and just indulging in the game, I do a lot more than that, lol. 

Yea, if you're playing daily. In these numbers I'm more impressed with consistency, actually. 

23 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

it's very easy when keen to just rack those numbers up without thinking, lol.

That's another interesting line I'm getting a lot which mirrors some of my Online routines: without thinking. Damn.

Lonely-Martin
1 minute ago, hei3enberg said:

Yea, if you're playing daily. In these numbers I'm more impressed with consistency, actually. 

That's another interesting line I'm getting a lot which mirrors some of my Online routines: without thinking. Damn.

Oh crikey yeah. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't do that as consistently either, lol.

The whole 'not thinking' auto-pilot plod is good at times. Bit of music or some buddies to chatter with, very easy to sink the time. Though easy to get carried away too when saving up for something or before a DLC with good 2x. All good fun.

Lupo-Akane

I try to keep my large warehouse around 70 crates, so I guess I would just fill it up and sell it off.

Sell off a few cars I don't use any more and go from there.

IceDree
1 hour ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Just an FYI, businesses count too. Basically I was curious as to what people's go-to's are on those days where a quick mil is needed or wanted, lol. 

Oh okay, I thought you meant without them. In that case,

Business as usual!

I've set up a cycle that provides me with an easy 2 Millions every Tuesday to cover whatever interests me, be it a dripfeed content or an item on sale. ;)

My weekly cycle goes like this:

- 2 Crate missions a day for my medium warehouse, it takes 14 missions to fill it up. Start on Tuesday, it'll be ready by Monday, sell on Tuesday. Easy $735k.

- Have a $140k worth of stock in the Bunker before I log off on Monday night. Another easy $210k.

- Have a $112k worth of stock in the Cocaine lockup before I log off on Monday night. $168k.

- Sell whatever stock on my Nightclub once a week, usually around a million.

It all rounds up to a cool 2 Million dollars ;)

That way, whatever I make during the week goes straight into my cash reserves.

And in the rare occasions I need more than 2 Millions to cover my Tuesday's expenses, I break the emergency glass & tap into my cash reserves. Luckily it only happened 3 times so far. Warstock sale right before Bikers in '16, the Black Friday sale in '17 & the Elitas sale in late '18

2 hours ago, hei3enberg said:

Yea, its been a rough couple of years & I had to get my frustration out somehow.

Come to think it, 2018 is closer to 7500 thanks to the 2x$ on VIP work..

Say, I've noticed you mentioned a Helicopter bug during Headhunter a couple of times, I don't think I'm familiar with it, can you elaborate on that?

hei3enberg
29 minutes ago, IceDree said:

Say, I've noticed you mentioned a Helicopter bug during Headhunter a couple of times, I don't think I'm familiar with it, can you elaborate on that?

You have a nice routine, solo-friendly, that's good. Shame we can't play on PC together. The bug is absolutely simple: if the headhunter is started, the passenger of the helicopter you're piloting will jump out without any request from you or the passenger, when near target or first target is dead. Basically, your gunner gets kicked all the time. Happens in Hunter and in Savage, not sure about others since I prefer these things.

32 minutes ago, IceDree said:

Yea, its been a rough couple of years & I had to get my frustration out somehow.

If you're fit and not doing it already, allow me to recommend some gym time too. That heals, proved.

Cackling Jack

I’ll do my daily objectives first off to cover in game expenses. Then I’ll sell whatever is in my bunker and vehicle cargo. Then run a head hunter and collect my night club passive income. Usually make about over a million doing that routine. If friends or crew need help selling I’ll help them in between jobs.