4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
WFD1992

Replacement Idea For Shark Cards

WFD1992

Basically, instead of "Shark Cards", you would be able to use real life money to add vehicles to your "Collection". What will this do? Basically, when you add a vehicle to your collection, that vehicle, including all its upgrades, will be free to you, FOR LIFE. Vehicles will be separated in packs. But if you choose the "Megalodon Vehicle Pack" you will get EVERY vehicle, past, present, AND future, permnanently free.

I'm sorry if this doesnt seem like a good idea.

Edited by WFD1992

LeakyLine

How f*cking much do you expect this MEGALADON vehicle pack to be?!

WFD1992
1 hour ago, LeakyLine said:

How f*cking much do you expect this MEGALADON vehicle pack to be?!

The same price as the shark card, at the most. Because if Im paying $100 i better be getting all the vehicles, not just $8 Million Dollars.

kenmy13999
2 hours ago, WFD1992 said:

Basically, instead of "Shark Cards", you would be able to use real life money to add vehicles to your "Collection". What will this do? Basically, when you add a vehicle to your collection, that vehicle, including all its upgrades, will be free to you, FOR LIFE. Vehicles will be separated in packs. But if you choose the "Megalodon Vehicle Pack" you will get EVERY vehicle, past, present, AND future, permnanently free.

I'm sorry if this doesnt seem like a good idea.

Are you aware that this isn't a official Rockstar forum? 

God-eater

OP, I bet you're the kind of person who brings their own vaseline to prison.

Kiwi_91

it aint a bad idea logically, i've always though that buying more garage space with irl money would be good because then the people who actually WANT it will buy it. 

RyuNova

Right. As it is now the highest Shark Card buys you let's say three Supercars with upgrades. 

You want every Supercar past, present and future for that same price?

And you honestly think R* would think this is a good idea?

Edited by RyuNova

Coleco

I also have a replacement idea for Shark Cards.

I call it No Shark Cards

jacka

OP you're expecting common sense and decency from Take2.

They don't have any.

Truly though, there shouldn't be ANY microtransactions in this game.

Edited by jacka

whywontyoulisten

Too dumb even for the wishlist thread.

Lonely-Martin

Based off this thread and your initial idea for the starter pack, you really do show to want it all now for peanuts, lol.

Can't see this happening I'm afraid.

RyuNova
1 minute ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Based off this thread and your initial idea for the starter pack, you really do show to want it all now for peanuts, lol.

Can't see this happening I'm afraid.

So that was the OP as well? I was gonna say pretty much the same but I was not sure.

Why wont the OP just come out and say that they want it all and they want it now but are just not willing to put in the time or money.

Kiwi_91

okay so the 8 mill shark card works out at about £40 UK

the average worker in the UK makes around £40 in half a day.

the average gta player could work a job and earn that 8 million quicker than they could in-game.

if you think about it, shark cards in terms of time,actually make sense.  you could spend the time grinding whilst earning no money irl, or earn the money irl and not have to grind.

the day i spend at work is no different to the time i spent at home not working, but grinding.

in conclusion. working full time and spending some of your money on shark cards is more efficient, and a faster way to make money in-game and irl than it is to sit at home and grind.

i personally don't think shark cards are the problem, i think the prices of everything in the game are the problem. the fact you need a nightclub and terrorbyte to own the oppressor mk2 is disgusting and greedy.

WFD1992

Actually, I choose this idea because another game I play, SWTOR, does something similar, with collections, where when you add an item to your collections you can add it to your inventory for free as much as you like.

5 hours ago, God-eater said:

OP, I bet you're the kind of person who brings their own vaseline to prison.

Oh, how f*cking funny, a prison rape joke.

2 hours ago, RyuNova said:

So that was the OP as well? I was gonna say pretty much the same but I was not sure.

Why wont the OP just come out and say that they want it all and they want it now but are just not willing to put in the time or money.

Thats not what I mean, Im ok with using my time, but if I have to pay money, I want $100 to get me more than just, at most, 3 super cars. Thats a rip off. Maybe a better idea is the option to buy a vehicle with a Shark card, but once you buy it, its yours for life, including upgrades.

Yeah, I agree, all cars past, present, and future was too much.

Edited by WFD1992

RyuNova
18 minutes ago, WFD1992 said:

Thats not what I mean, Im ok with using my time, but if I have to pay money, I want $100 to get me more than just, at most, 3 super cars. Thats a rip off. Maybe a better idea is the option to buy a vehicle with a Shark card, but once you buy it, its yours for life, including upgrades.

Yeah, I agree, all cars past, present, and future was too much.

You are not the first person to say this and nor will you be the last. SC's are a rip off.

LunaticPandora
26 minutes ago, WFD1992 said:

Oh, how f*cking funny, a prison rape joke

Shut up, mate. 

WFD1992

It also doesn't help that my "time" can be wasted by some asshole blowing up my cargo/ product/ whatever. I dont plan on ever paying for microtransactions on GTA Online, personally.

kenmy13999
9 minutes ago, WFD1992 said:

It also doesn't help that my "time" can be wasted by some asshole blowing up my cargo/ product/ whatever. I dont plan on ever paying for microtransactions on GTA Online, personally.

Then why do you even care enough to make these improvement threads about microtransactions? 

There's nothing we can do about it here and most people know shark cards are a rip off, just like the cesp, the rest doesn't care ;)

WFD1992
1 minute ago, kenmy13999 said:

Then why do you even care enough to make these improvement threads about microtransactions? 

There's nothing we can do about it here and most people know shark cards are a rip off, just like the cesp, the rest doesn't care ;)

So people who do buy microtransactions can get better value for their money.

kenmy13999
3 minutes ago, WFD1992 said:

So people who do buy microtransactions can get better value for their money.

But there's nothing we can do about it here and why would R* even consider changing it when they are making several hundred millions of dollars as it is now? 

hei3enberg
6 hours ago, Coleco said:

I also have a replacement idea for Shark Cards.

I call it No Shark Cards

Yeah, I agree, of course it's a good idea. But being realistic, seriously, what are the alternatives? Considering that you're in the industry I'm interested in your input on that matter, seriously. IMO, the Forza model or some kind of subscription with all the content for a fixed price is not a bad idea per se. What are you thinking? Thanks!

Pankypops

Why is everyone here supporting Shark cards? Talk about being corporate shills. :/

Arnold Stallone
4 minutes ago, Pankypops said:

Why is everyone here supporting Shark cards? Talk about being corporate shills. :/

Never liked the idea of SC's but if anyone wants to buy shark cards that's their business.

It makes me feel even better that I got everything I wanted in GTA Online without needing to ever buy into that nonsense just by playing the game.

Edited by Arnold Stallone

RyuNova
15 minutes ago, Pankypops said:

Because some people dont have the time to spend hours grinding out the game nor do glitches. Some people have a few hours a week to play and the rest is working, if they want to use the money they made working to enjoy the game they dont have time to grind then fair play.

Its what give you your free DLC, if anything you should be on your knees with an open mouth thanking them.

kcole4001

I know T2 is having a hard time, you know record profits and all, so why don't we all here pass the hat and send them a big package of cash (yes, actual cash!) via the regular postal service.

I'm sure no one would ever think of stealing that, especially if we write clearly on the package what the contents are and ask them kindly not to steal it, please.   🙂

Black-Dragon96
1 hour ago, hei3enberg said:

Yeah, I agree, of course it's a good idea. But being realistic, seriously, what are the alternatives? Considering that you're in the industry I'm interested in your input on that matter, seriously. IMO, the Forza model or some kind of subscription with all the content for a fixed price is not a bad idea per se. What are you thinking? Thanks!

I'm not in the industrie myself but I would consider payed dlc, like we had in the old days. I mean TBoGT and TLaD for gta 4 where worth their cash.

53 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

Its what give you your free DLC, if anything you should be on your knees with an open mouth thanking them.

https://i.giphy.com/media/Vg0JstydL8HCg/200w.gif

Edited by Black-Dragon96

StangOne50
1 hour ago, RyuNova said:

Because some people dont have the time to spend hours grinding out the game nor do glitches. Some people have a few hours a week to play and the rest is working, if they want to use the money they made working to enjoy the game they dont have time to grind then fair play.

haha working to buy gta money, they should just quit their jobs and play gta all day.

Id rather pay a fee every month for quality content than the sh*t we get for free.

Edited by StangOne50

RyuNova
4 minutes ago, StangOne50 said:

haha working to buy gta money, they should just quit their jobs and play gta all day.

No.

StangOne50
Just now, RyuNova said:

No.

yes damn it!

RyuNova
35 minutes ago, StangOne50 said:

yes damn it!

Janet!