3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Stretch188

Gun Rush is Live!

Stretch188

They've added gun rush to the matchmaking options!

Description:

Compete in a shrinking play area. Last one standing wings.

Sounds pretty familiar. But hopefully this means more new content on way today!

EDIT: Goddamnit I didn't see the other thread discussing this my bad lol just lock this up I guess

Edited by Stretch188

JuliuszMCMXCVII

Is there a thread discussing the mode itself? I can't find it 

TheShift

I reckon you be in it partner 

D9fred95

Ah, PUBG... I mean Fortnite... I mean H1Z1... I mean The Culling 2... I mean Black Ops 4... I mean Gun Rush. Just what this game needed.

Edited by D9fred95

Smokewood
2 hours ago, D9fred95 said:

Ah, PUBG... I mean Fortnite... I mean H1Z1... I mean The Culling 2... I mean Black Ops 4... I mean Gun Rush. Just what this game needed.

Sounds like a blast!

Much more fun than showdown series.....

and don't you mean Hunger Games?

Ektope
Just now, Smokewood said:

Sounds like a blast!

Much more fun than showdown series.....

and don't you mean Hunger Games?

I think it's worse than Showdown Series Large. But that's just my opinion.

J373

oh man R* really nailed it this time boiiiiis

F*ck Spawns, weapon balancment, Griefers, PvE and disconnects lets give the players a battle royal mode that nobody asked for.

But lets make the matchmaking even worse than with the other modes and let them join already ongoing matches or start lobbys with only 10 players, so fun!

tonko

Yawn, another Battle Royalish mode nobody wants. I can already see it, i'll never play this mode unless they force it upon me like Make it Count and all modes in Tall Trees. Meanwhile RDR 1 fan favorites like Hold your Own and Grab the Bag are absent. 

Ektope

I'm not sure if anyone's noticed but from the loot crates on map, you can get the ned kelly head bucket armour. It's kinda interesting really.

Also, the spectating thing is annoying. When there's two or three remaining. They'll probably just stay in one place and camp all day. The clock is ticking. 7 minutes to go! So while I spectating them and they wouldn't budge. I just sent 'em a message, telling 'em where the other guy was hiding. You can literally cheat like that.

Cardiac

The community has been screaming for new content and updates since they opened the beta and this sh*t is what the chose to hit us with first? What a f*cking joke. Spent the past hour trying to play this sh*t and in 1 hour I've managed to play 2 games cause 90% of the times you join you get thrown into spectate mode for 10 minutes and I don't know about everyone else, but when I sit down at my PS4, turn it on and start RDO - I do it to acctually play the game myself, not watch others play. 

The 2 games I managed to join - hahaha. You get thrown into a map, run into the middle and the entire area is full of random sh*t all over the place. I don't know if this was a failed attempt to copy PUBG, Fortnite and similuar games or a failed attempt to trying something "fresh" with that concept. I'll admit I have only been able to play 2 games, and I do not see myself playing anymore anytime soon unless I feel like not playing for 10 minutes but damn, PvP just do not seem to be R* cup of tea. Online overall does not seem to be R* cup of tea. 

Step it up R*, this was all one big pile of dissapointment. 

DLKnives

We finally get a long awaited update and it's this crap? Nonononono I don't do Fortnite and I don't do PvP so this is crap to me.

TheShift

Shouldnt come as a surprise really 

It's been in the menu a few weeks 

And we already knew it was coming.

I'll play a few matchs ...but I'm not a fan of this game mode...no matter what game 

Toreno23

What a load of.

lhNKg0R.gif

XxJazzy42xX

The mode is meh at best. The payout for it is meh at best. Played about a couple of hours in it. One with friends and the other without both kinda meh experiences. The guys with the armor and bucket helmets usually win though.  

Pocket Fox

I'm starting to believe the youtubers who've been posting 'RDRO is Dead!' vids... 

Qbert

It's nice to see rockstar doing what I thought they would do fix the old problems before just releasing more broken content on already broken content.....oh wait 

JuliuszMCMXCVII

I've played around 30 matches so far and I couldn't reach even the half of the lobby before the start of each game. Usually I end up with 5 or 7 players which is ridiculous. For me the whole gamemode ends up being a run towards the chest containg the armor since it's so op. The fact that the chest always spawns in the same spot makes it even worse. I was hoping for a decent battle royale but it just an unbalacned LTS mode known from gtao.

dognuts

They released this instead of Grab the Bag lmao

areyouchappin

Gun Rush isn't a completely bad idea but with RD Online's auto-aim, the poorly thought out spawning and a terrible cover system. This game mode simply does not work properly here. Then to top it off there is a juggernaut suit... (my bet is it'll be 500 Gold Bars in Free Roam)

R* should remove auto-aim in this game mode(it's not gonna happen) but at the very least they should have all players start out on a horse and have a dirty conditioned revolver with 1 or 2 bullets in it. And take the fking juggernaut suit out, instead I would make that a pop-up that appears for 30 seconds and then vanishes to other parts of the map.

XxJazzy42xX
8 minutes ago, JuliuszMCMXCVII said:

I've played around 30 matches so far and I couldn't reach even the half of the lobby before the start of each game. Usually I end up with 5 or 7 players which is ridiculous. For me the whole gamemode ends up being a run towards the chest containg the armor since it's so op. The fact that the chest always spawns in the same spot makes it even worse. I was hoping for a decent battle royale but it just an unbalacned LTS mode known from gtao.

Agreed. Talk about a chest....how about team balance. I literally just won a round by myself by taking out a team of 4....camping on the edge waiting to see people enter the center of the Safe Area and they were maaaaadddd at me. Now at the beginning of a 16 player match was 4 teams each team should have 4 people right... , but the game thought it was ok to give one team 5 another team 6 another at 4 and me at 1. Now I won this one, but I could not do it without camping out and watching others take themselves out, by the time it was 4 on one(all being on the same team and 1 of these guys had armor) you'd think they would storm me.....nope these guys camped the edge waiting on just me to show up in the center. It just goes to show you teams with number and armor advantage will camp out regardless of the situation. It really is a camp fest and the people who play this mode even though they may have the number advantage...they:whuh:....they aren't very smart.

Sandereas

Well this sh*t just f*cked everything up. I can not even get in a full showdown series anymore.

XxJazzy42xX
2 minutes ago, Sandereas said:

Well this sh*t just f*cked everything up. I can not even get in a full showdown series anymore.

what platform? I can still get in full Large Showdown Series on PS4.

Zoop_Leroy

Would be fun with 2 teams and a full lobby of 32 players.  I have yet to play a team match with more than 8 players, and can never quick join without spectating first. 

BobDyl
1 hour ago, Pocket Fox said:

I'm starting to believe the youtubers who've been posting 'RDRO is Dead!' vids... 

IMHO they need to get the single player A team back from their well-deserved vacations and start rethinking RDO asap before all the goodwill is used up. It's a grindy, unfun mess, and has little to nothing to do with the single player experience, which imho is amaze-balls (2 games, same world, nothing in common). 

Sandereas
2 minutes ago, XxJazzy42xX said:

what platform? I can still get in full Large Showdown Series on PS4.

I am PS4 also. I noticed connecting is way worse now. The servers won't fill when there are no players. Have you not noticed.

XxJazzy42xX
1 minute ago, Sandereas said:

I am PS4 also. I noticed connecting is way worse now. The servers won't fill when there are no players. Have you not noticed.

Well I did notice connectivity is definitely worse. Whole sessions getting dropped left and right not only on Showdown Series, but Story Missions and Gun Rush.

TheShift
1 hour ago, Sandereas said:

cbACiaB.gif

Shadowfennekin

I just find it funny they're trying to make BR a thing in a franchise whose main audience is 20+

In GTA I can see why, lots of squeakers and teenagers.... the kind of people that fancy sh*tnite

Adults are more into PvE, I know not all are like that though as my uncles LOVE COD and tried getting me to join them as they know I'm a gamer. I don't like COD though 😂

GenericGTAO

Yep, everytime I join...would you like to spectate?  Um no, I would not.  So basically if this is your thing, you must enjoy spectating. Cant leave a job to avoid spectating because joining another job, would like to spectate? I see what they did here.  Is this how these other battle royals match make?  Because...thats dumb.  If extended spectating is just an accepted part of these games, its much worse than I realized.

Edited by GenericGTAO

Gleeman Vox

The amount of people crouch walking everywhere is so f*cking aggravating, just run around with dead eye like everyone else, you’re just slowing the game down.