1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Jason

Red Dead Online Beta Update (January 10th)

Smokewood
31 minutes ago, coach_wargo said:

I hope everyone who wants free aim has submitted their request through the feedback form, https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback

Everytime I provide feedback I include the need to add free aim. And I mention it in feedback for each individual game mode and for overall suggestions. just keep pounding them with it. 

Not everybody wants free aim, in fact I would guess most do not.

Fee aim with a console controller is too much of a PITA.

21 minutes ago, Shadowfennekin said:

f*ck Battle Royale.

Adults don't like that sh*t, C*. 😡

I do love proximity blips though, wanted those since GTA Online in 2013! Hopefully GTA VI can have those since it's definitely never happening in V.

speak for yourself.

I don't like FORNITE - i have no issues at all with a Battle Royal mode - sounds fun.

Edited by Smokewood

BUT THE BENZ
4 minutes ago, Viciadogames said:

Somebody test this please.

I would if I could, but I have 2 children stitll up, and at least 2 hours away from going to bed!

Smokewood
3 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

I would if I could, but I have 2 children stitll up, and at least 2 hours away from going to bed!

Hand them controllers and get busy!!

lol

Edited by Smokewood

coach_wargo
1 minute ago, Smokewood said:

Not everybody wants free ain, in fact I would guess most do not.

I know not everyone wants free aim, but the people who do need to be vocal about it to R*. Us getting separate free aim lobbies would  in no way take away from your auto aim experience.

Smokewood
Just now, coach_wargo said:

I know not everyone wants free aim, but the people who do need to be vocal about it to R*. Us getting separate free aim lobbies would  in no way take away from your auto aim experience.

That's debatable. 

coach_wargo
Just now, Smokewood said:

That's debatable. 

What debatable about it? All of the people who want free aim would be over in our lobby happy as a can be. Everyone who wants AA (or has never taken the time to change their settings) would be over in your lobby, blissfully enjoying the full varmit rifle experience. 

lennymuhboi
12 minutes ago, jje1000 said:

Don't see why this is something that needs to be boasted about, IMO.

Not boasting. Only stating.

ALifeOfMisery
24 minutes ago, DentureDynamite said:

"Down the line, we’re also looking to introduce the ability to identify players who grief and kill indiscriminately with a progressively darkening blip that becomes more visible and at a longer range, so everyone in a session can identify potentially dangerous opponents at a glance and from a safe distance."

That being said, I'm positive that there are going to be loopholes, and you can count on them being exploited.

I'm hoping that over time, if implemented and tweaked properly, the blip and bounty systems intertwine and work together to make any true griefers playing experience progressively more difficult.

For these systems to work in a way that is truly beneficial they need to apply permanently. There can't be any changing session to lose a bounty or lighten your blip.

Bounties should stay until paid off or maybe until a timer has run down. Dark blips that are visible at greater distances should be hard to shrug off too, once your blip starts the process of going darker every player killed should not only increase the darkness and distance you're visible but also increase the amount of time your blip will take to get back to normal once (if) you stop killing other players.

Viciadogames
7 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

Just tested. Not fixed.

TiberiusMcQueen
6 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

That's debatable. 

No, it really isn't.

Smokewood
2 minutes ago, coach_wargo said:

What debatable about it?

Perhaps that would cause too many lobbies that aren't completely full.

As I said, It's debatable - meaning I can lean either way on this.

Ektope
Just now, Smokewood said:

Yeah, that's true... I think Red Dead Online has less population than GTA Online. And we know how Free Aim lobbies are when it comes to matchmaking. Contact Missions seemed dead or not many people, before they introduced Martin Madrazo's Dispatch Missions. So I ended up going back to Auto Aim lobbies...

TiberiusMcQueen
1 minute ago, Smokewood said:

You do realize that more than 30 people play the game right? They could add a s***load of different lobby types and easily fill them. There is nothing to debate, adding the option would not detract from anyone's experience.

BUT THE BENZ
5 minutes ago, Viciadogames said:

Just tested. Not fixed.

what the actual f*ck?!?!

SRSLY, that is highly unprofessional. pretty sure the benz could have fixed that within minutes.....IMRAN on the other hand, his replacement, seemingly lacks the skill!! same goes for different aimi/lobbies....seemingly they DO NOT KNOW how to fix/implement...many things!!!

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

coach_wargo
2 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were getting at. I think what would happen is the FA lobbies would be less full and the AA lobbies wouldn't notice a difference. That's my experience from RDR1 and GTAO. 

Smokewood
1 minute ago, TiberiusMcQueen said:

You do realize that more than 30 people play the game right? They could add a s***load of different lobby types and easily fill them. There is nothing to debate, adding the option would not detract from anyone's experience.

You aren't fully understanding what I am saying and you are attacking, not discussing.

Good day...

Ektope
1 minute ago, TiberiusMcQueen said:

When it comes to game modes, there'll be less population. At the moment in Showdown Series Large matches, I'd rather do matches with at least 20+ players in a session out of 32. When it's late, there's like 10 to 15 players. I'd get lucky to find a match with over 20+ players. So Free Aim session... I can imagine it being much worse.

Viciadogames
1 minute ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

what the actual f*ck?!?!

SRSLY, that is highly unprofessional. pretty sure the benz could have fixed that within minutes.....IMRAN on the other hand, his replacement, seemingly lacks the skill!!

Yep. They sure were quick to add those microtransactions though, weren't they?

TiberiusMcQueen
Just now, BUT THE BENZ said:

what the actual f*ck?!?!

SRSLY, that is highly unprofessional. pretty sure the benz could have fixed that within minutes.....IMRAN on the other hand, his replacement, seemingly lacks the skill!!

I have my doubts they'll ever fix it, those kinds of fixes don't interest them, just look at our character's hairlines in GTAO, they've been messed up so long that I can't even remember when it started.

BUT THE BENZ

BIG f*ckIN SIGH

I love this setting too much to just let it go, but they give you reasons left and right to just drop the game and move on. maybe that is what they want...after all they got most of the money they "needed" from us.

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

Jason

Maybe wait for an actual patch before getting the pitchforks out, this was just a tunables update. There's a ton of bugs with the game that haven't been fixed yet, they haven't done a content or bug fixing update for the game at all so far, all they've done so far is patch a few exploits and fix DC issues.

coach_wargo
3 minutes ago, Ektope said:

When it comes to game modes, there'll be less population. At the moment in Showdown Series Large matches, I'd rather do matches with at least 20+ players in a session out of 32. When it's late, there's like 10 to 15 players. I'd get lucky to find a match with over 20+ players. So Free Aim session... I can imagine it being much worse.

This seems like a matchmaking issue to me, and they've always struggled with it. I would get online in MP3 and say, "how can it be that in the entire world only 10 people are playing right now?" 

BUT THE BENZ
3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Maybe wait for an actual patch before getting the pitchforks out, this was just a tunables update. There's a ton of bugs with the game that haven't been fixed yet, they haven't done a content or bug fixing update for the game at all so far, all they've done so far is patch a few exploits and fix DC issues.

"jason", always keen and cool with the big wigs in charge eh?

R* already added new things, when elementary stuff did and DOES not run well, does NOT WORK since day1.

they added the store before even fixing ANYTHING, because they're f*cking greedy and don't care about our experience, they care about MONEY.

go ahead though, "jason", and tell me that R* is all for the customers and surely will deal with all the complaints/bugs people had/have

P.T.
46 minutes ago, Shadowfennekin said:

f*ck Battle Royale.

Adults don't like that sh*t, C*. 😡

29 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

Not everybody wants free aim, in fact I would guess most do not.

speak for yourself.

I don't like FORNITE - i have no issues at all with a Battle Royal mode - sounds fun.

Same here , im 41 and i really like BR ( in a good game) .Most people think Crapnite when they hear BR which , i also hate. Its lame . But BR is not Fortnite, Fornite is its own version of a BR . Building complete buildings around you because your being shot , jumping around like a bunny rabbit shooting a shotgun is lame, but thats not BR.

I personally love BR ( as a game mode to play) when done right, like PUBG. I would like to try this out in RDR but the issue again for me is this stupid auto headshot BS.There is nothing fun about it at all. 

Jason
7 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

"jason", always keen and cool with the big wigs in charge eh?

R* already added new things, when elementary stuff did and DOES not run well, does NOT WORK since day1.

they added the store before even fixing ANYTHING, because they're f*cking greedy and don't care about our experience, they care about MONEY.

go ahead though, "jason", and tell me that R* is all for the customers and surely will deal with all the complaints/bugs people had/have

Or it's just that I don't typically make a habit of writing an online game off completely and making my self look like a right tw*t because of one single Newswire post.

Expecting things to be fixed when they haven't even released a patch. Be patient, some of the upcoming features they listed today are born out of player feedback so it's quite clear they're listening to player feedback.

Also, the f*ck you on about putting my name in quotes lmao.

Edited by Jason

Virus..

should of just released sh*t today if no date was provided. Defuq

Red Lynx 23
9 minutes ago, P.T. said:

Same here , im 41 and i really like BR ( in a good game) .Most people think Crapnite when they hear BR which , i also hate. Its lame . But BR is not Fortnite, Fornite is its own version of a BR . Building complete buildings around you because your being shot , jumping around like a bunny rabbit shooting a shotgun is lame, but thats not BR.

I personally love BR ( as a game mode to play) when done right, like PUBG. I would like to try this out in RDR but the issue again for me is this stupid auto headshot BS.There is nothing fun about it at all. 

I'll go old school,, and a little off topic. Battle Royale was originally a Japanese movie with School Students forced to take part in the Battle Royale. More blood and guts than you find in ANY video game version of BR as well.

DrKrankenstein
48 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I'm hoping that over time, if implemented and tweaked properly, the blip and bounty systems intertwine and work together to make any true griefers playing experience progressively more difficult.

For these systems to work in a way that is truly beneficial they need to apply permanently. There can't be any changing session to lose a bounty or lighten your blip.

Bounties should stay until paid off or maybe until a timer has run down. Dark blips that are visible at greater distances should be hard to shrug off too, once your blip starts the process of going darker every player killed should not only increase the darkness and distance you're visible but also increase the amount of time your blip will take to get back to normal once (if) you stop killing other players.

and with that in mind, i'll be farming cops all night

17 minutes ago, Red Lynx 23 said:

I'll go old school,, and a little off topic. Battle Royale was originally a Japanese movie with School Students forced to take part in the Battle Royale. More blood and guts than you find in ANY video game version of BR as well.

go even further back, doubt you'll find it on regular web, but that movie was based on prison colonies. they just dropped them on an island, put a stash of food on one corner, and a stash of weapons on the other.there's old vhs tapes of that stuff

P.T.
24 minutes ago, Red Lynx 23 said:

Yup all true , and its a very fun game mode imo. You got 1 life, use it well. Gotta be smart, strategic , tatical and have some luck on your side as well. Its a great gaming mode. 

Poggy

Wasn't BR a book before being a film?  Quite a good read, iirc.