1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Jason

Red Dead Online Beta Update (January 10th)

TyrionV
34 minutes ago, Jason said:

Doesn't really apply to RDO though, does it? Can't really buy anything using Gold Bars that's gonna help you in PvP.

It never really applied in gta either. 

Just another myth perpetuated on here that everything R* does is designed to get folk to buy shark cards or gold. 

I’ve never and don’t know anyone, who has ever spent a thing in game. 

It’s just something kids on here say. 

P.T.
1 hour ago, Shane_Dbns said:

Still no free aim, that sucks. 

Yup , the fact they wont even acknowledge that so many of us have been asking for that , and not at the least of mention it in the "coming soon" stuff really makes me feel like they are not going to add it. Those stupid ability cards are not a good enough substitute for Free Aim. I , like many others here have stated , will not play this game until /IF its added. Really sucks because we have waited so long for this game, yet can not get this simple request in , that was in the past RDR online. I have 0 desire to play this game with its auto headshot crap from everyone. The fact they wont even mention it , is what really worries me most about it not ever being added. But no doubt they are lowering their numbers daily by not adding it or saying anything about it . So real smart move Rock*

1 hour ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I'm glad proximity blips are coming, it's far more realistic, but, on a practical level, vendor and job marker camping will have to be addressed.

This is the thing that often baffles me about gaming devs anymore. How is it they can not think things thru fully to start with. It is literally like they do not even play their own games or understand how people are. You impliment 1 thing that people just find another way to do what your trying to stop them from doing. As soon as many of us read it, we all thought this same thing. Well now people will just camp out near vendors. Why implement something that your gonna have to implement something else. Just do it right the first time, think things thru and try to cover all the bases the first time. 

Edited by P.T.

ShayD

just a quick afterthought on the radar blips, I know its highly unlikely but does anyone know if it will blank out posse members?

Horrid_Saiyam

Here is how Gun Rush plays out

Rokushakubo

I'm really glad to have been able to be part of this game's launch and don't mind a slow and steady roll out of features. I'm sold on the world and what's included so far and have GTA:O as the blueprint of what to expect. I'm patient AF which helps but can understand the disappointment of others who were hoping for the myriad inclusions the community was hoping for. 

Poggy

All good.  But I was disappointed not to see any real new content for free roam, like missions, shows, crafting, more butchers, and mini games, 

AddamHusayin
1 hour ago, RaigeGames said:

Disappointed that it looks like we won't be getting invite only lobbies, but at least they're trying this time to discourage griefers. A big step up IMO

I feel like since this is a great step in the right direction that can be worked on and is more urgent right now they will attend to free aim lobbies, invite only lobbies, and PVE later? One can hope. Please keep submitting your feedback.

Edited by AddamHusayin

Ektope
45 minutes ago, Jason said:

Doesn't really apply to RDO though, does it? Can't really buy anything using Gold Bars that's gonna help you in PvP.

The pamphlets. I think they can level skipped and purchased with gold. There's express explosives and dynamite arrows which prove powerful against players.

fryday

is gun rush accesable by its own, or do I have to play 4 other modes in the cicle, before I can test it individually?

Ektope
5 minutes ago, fryday said:

is gun rush accesable by its own, or do I have to play 4 other modes in the cicle, before I can test it individually?

It's accessible on its own. Just different rotating maps. Tall Trees. Rhodes. Fort Mercer. Manor. Those are some I came across.

The payout is sh*t. You could earn more $, Gold and XP in Showdown Series Large. Gun Rush and Teams give no Gold. They need to up the amount of reward we get from Gun Rush or Teams matches. Like they did with Showdown.

Edited by Ektope

Stormingz
3 minutes ago, fryday said:

Yes, there is a separate option just for gun rush.

Semaj 2JZ♢

So, no actual title update, just the GR mode they turned on with tunabowls? And a worthless little diatribe filled with half-truths and only like 2 things the majority is asking for? Bahahahaha. You suck R*.

Smokewood
18 minutes ago, P.T. said:

Yup , the fact they wont even acknowledge that so many of us have been asking for that , and not at the least of mention it in the "coming soon" stuff really makes me feel like they are not going to add it. Those stupid ability cards are not a good enough substitute for Free Aim. I , like many others here have stated , will not play this game until /IF its added. Really sucks because we have waited so long for this game, yet can not get this simple request in , that was in the past RDR online. I have 0 desire to play this game with its auto headshot crap from everyone. The fact they wont even mention it , is what really worries me most about it not ever being added. But no doubt they are lowering their numbers daily by not adding it or saying anything about it . So real smart move Rock*

This is the thing that often baffles me about gaming devs anymore. How is it they can not think things thru fully to start with. It is literally like they do not even play their own games or understand how people are. You impliment 1 thing that people just find another way to do what your trying to stop them from doing. As soon as many of us read it, we all thought this same thing. Well now people will just camp out near vendors. Why implement something that your gonna have to implement something else. Just do it right the first time, think things thru and try to cover all the bases the first time. 

except if / when they add the bounty system, killing you in town will earn them a bounty at least... and you now know exactly where they will be.

IamCourtney

I guess Thursdays are gonna be Red Dead Day? Coolcoolcool. Not really wild about Gun Rush myself, wish we got something new for free roam as well. Are there any patchnotes listed somewhere or was this literally just a tunables tweak?

I like the sound of most of the "Coming Soon" stuff, though the Parley changes make me a little nervous. I hope we aren't creeping closer to GTAO style passive mode and all the abuses it brings with it...

Edited by IamCourtney

anarquista_duval

I'm kinda disappointed. Basically they're announcing a new mode (Gun Rush) and talk about plans for the future, without even specifying dates. We just know beta will go on for a few more months. How many is "few"?

Seems like they rushed this newsletter just to calm the storm caused by the sh!tload of videos on YT announcing the death & burial of RDO due to lack of updates.

No word about the disconnects - one of the major things that made me stop playing the game.

No word about free aim or PvE lobbies, probably the most discussed and requested features here in GTAF.

Don't understand the Law & Bounty upgrade. What do they mean "players will get a bounty for committing crimes"? Against who, other players? NPC's? Maybe they'll simply copy the SP system to MP and leave PvP out of this bounty upgrade.

It's not clear if the changes announced to the parley system will turn it into the new passive mode or not (wishful thinking), which is related to the most intriguing part described in the proximity based blips: "we’re also looking to introduce the ability to identify players who grief and kill indiscriminately with a progressively darkening blip that becomes more visible and at a longer range, so everyone in a session can identify potentially dangerous opponents"

So, R* wants us to know there's a rogue player in the session, that is coming on  your and what can you actually do? Leave the session? Wait for him to kill me three times, lose all my hunting and use parley? No punishment for that beheaviour? What about a lobby for those players, where they could kill each other all day long?

After reading carefully the "announcement" twice I can see it falls short to the user pretensions. Well, at least mine.

Jason
22 minutes ago, Ektope said:

The pamphlets. I think they can level skipped and purchased with gold. There's express explosives and dynamite arrows which prove powerful against players.

Just checked, they can't be level skipped with gold.

Ektope
Just now, Jason said:

Just checked, they can't be level skipped with gold.

I see, okay.

DentureDynamite

FWIW, here's a small taste of what I hope to see in the next update(s):

Note: this is NOT official; just designed to look that way (reverse psychology). :)

* Fixed numerous random disconnect issues players were experiencing with Rockstar servers.
* Added free aim servers for players wishing to use this aiming mode.
* Added private sessions for players preferring PvE and those just wanting to play with family and friends.
* Fixed a bug where two crocodiles in the marsh north of St. Denis spawned into the same exact location, appearing as if they were one entity.
* Fixed an issue where saddlebags were not lootable on dead horses.
* Fixed an issue where NPC lawmen could shoot through the floor of the tower at The Loft.
* Fixed an issue where headless NPCs did not die, and could still fight.
* Fixed an issue where players and NPCs could aim and clip-shoot through wall edges and other surfaces.
* Fixed an issue with horses being able to walk on angled surfaces, such as the sides of tents.
* Fixed an issue where a pile of NPC corpses and/or animal carcasses would randomly spawn more.
* Fixed a pathing issue where NPCs pursuing players could get stuck in various places.
* Fixed an issue with players being unable to move for about 7-8 seconds when trying to loot a corpse when other corpses were in close proximity to it.
* Fixed many issues with weapons; including restoring the Maxim gun's fire to more realistic levels.
* Fixed an issue where animal carcasses and NPC bodies that players had recently killed were despawning before they could be looted or picked up.
* Fixed an issue where pelts and carcasses players had stowed on their horse were lost during Fast Travel.
* Fixed an issue where players were not being given the full dollar value of items they sold to butchers.
* Fixed an issue where bait ordered via catalogue was not being fully credited to player inventories.
* Fixed an issue where crafted ammunition was not being saved to player inventory.
* Fixed an issue where the last selection set in player weapon wheels were not being saved.
* Fixed an issue where NPCs on horses and carts could vanish in visible view of players.
* Fixed an issue where horses were intentionally running over players.
* Fixed an issue with the Semi-auto Shotgun reload sound being inaudible.
* Fixed an issue with players being unable to whistle for their horses when standing in, or near, water and related surfaces.
* Fixed an issue where player horses were unable to spawn after being whistled for on entering a session, resulting in a "Your horse could not find you. Please try another location" message (e.g. northern Ambarino). This occurred even in areas where horses should easily have been able to spawn.
* Fixed an issue where duck and bird animations would suddenly freeze or loop endlessly.
* Fixed an issue with birds flying into vertical surfaces and dying.
* Fixed numerous issues where NPCs would spawn already clipped into wall and ground surfaces.
* Fixed a lag/desync issue where rapidly selling items to butchers and doctors would eventually result in the selling system failing to work.

* Fixed an issue with duck sounds being audible near Blackwater, but without ducks being present.

* Fixed an issue with objects being launched into the air.

Edited by DentureDynamite

WildmouseX

While the proximity blips is a good step for protecting us whilst we hunt, it also will make riding into towns to sell much more dangerous.  Now you won't be able to see if someone is camping the butcher until you're almost on top of them - choose your buyer wisely. 

BUT THE BENZ

did they fix the STUBBLE??????

coach_wargo

I hope everyone who wants free aim has submitted their request through the feedback form, https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback

Everytime I provide feedback I include the need to add free aim. And I mention it in feedback for each individual game mode and for overall suggestions. just keep pounding them with it. 

TiberiusMcQueen
18 minutes ago, WildmouseX said:

While the proximity blips is a good step for protecting us whilst we hunt, it also will make riding into towns to sell much more dangerous.  Now you won't be able to see if someone is camping the butcher until you're almost on top of them - choose your buyer wisely. 

Hopefully the system they talked about for aggressive players showing up from longer distances with distinct blips will help with this problem.

DentureDynamite
26 minutes ago, WildmouseX said:

"Down the line, we’re also looking to introduce the ability to identify players who grief and kill indiscriminately with a progressively darkening blip that becomes more visible and at a longer range, so everyone in a session can identify potentially dangerous opponents at a glance and from a safe distance."

That being said, I'm positive that there are going to be loopholes, and you can count on them being exploited.

Edited by DentureDynamite

AddamHusayin
4 minutes ago, DentureDynamite said:

My guess(?) is that the visible range is large enough that they won't be able to camp in that way (i.e. large enough they can't snipe you from afar).

Would be one way of addressing it--not to mention the "mental state" that (in time, and combined with the new bounty system) will make their life hell.

I feel like the state in which this feature is implemented will need some adjustments tailored to our feedback because it won't be quite up to our standards. But I don't expect it to be perfect once it is rolled out which is why it'll be interesting to see how it works. Hopefully more like your suggestion.

Edited by AddamHusayin

Shadowfennekin

f*ck Battle Royale.

Adults don't like that sh*t, C*. 😡

I do love proximity blips though, wanted those since GTA Online in 2013! Hopefully GTA VI can have those since it's definitely never happening in V.

BUT THE BENZ
35 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

did they fix the STUBBLE??????

you know, that BUG everyone witnessed rifght from the start, after character creation...

because really, if they did NOT fix this, I call HIGHLY UNPROFESSIONAL...IMRAN!

Boozey St John

New clothes?!

Here's hoping they add the tops that the bath girls wear in SM! 

Yes, I added that in my suggestions list to them! 😃

jje1000
2 hours ago, lennymuhboi said:

As have I.

Don't see why this is something that needs to be boasted about, IMO.

Smokewood
44 minutes ago, WildmouseX said:

I'm going to go ahead and predict that a town the size of Strawberry, or Valentine, or Rhoads everyone within it, will all fall within proximity.

Viciadogames
4 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

you know, that BUG everyone witnessed rifght from the start, after character creation...

because really, if they did NOT fix this, I call HIGHLY UNPROFESSIONAL...IMRAN!

Somebody test this please.