1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Jason

Red Dead Online Beta Update (January 10th)

Tasty_Pasta

All of this sounds good, but I'm disappointed about the lack of free-aim and private lobbies.  Time to submit a hundred more feedback tickets about it...

ALifeOfMisery
3 minutes ago, ShayD said:

I always thought the best system for player blips would be to have them not visible to anyone unless they were in your mini-map range, but all players inside the boundary of a town should be visible at all times until they leave with a slow fade out over 10-15 seconds

I wouldn't complain at all if this was how blips worked.

I do really like the plans to introduce the darkening blips that are visible over longer distances for players who are constantly killing other players.

Hopefully it isn't lobby specific, I'd like it to be carried until behaviour changes. Otherwise it will just be kill spree>lobby change>kill spree>lobby change, which solves nothing.

4eyedcoupe

On another site, they are reporting a clothing glitch "patched"...So they patched a clothing glitch(I didn't take part)  What are the chances they addressed other bugs like saddlebags?  I'm guessing none.

Deadman2112

People keep saying no invite only lobby...

This was not an update. This was already in the online menu.

Relax...

Updates to come...

TheLordMarvel

aBB62or.gif

Sentinel Driver

Well it looks like they've already abandoned single player

oof

Jason

There are a few devs out there that go into the reasoning and thinking behind design decisions, about why things work like they do and that type of thing.

I would really, really love to see Rockstar go into detail about their thinking behind the PvPvE lobby system that they started with GTAO and are seemingly sticking to with RDO. Forcing two player types (PvE and PvP) into one big group doesn't produce the results that they think it does. It will always be a clusterf*ck no matter what they do IMO.

lennymuhboi
1 minute ago, Sentinel Driver said:

Well it looks like they've already abandoned single player

oof

As have I.

The FoolYT

Forgive me if i read this wrong, but does the update just add a BR mode? If that's it, then that's kind of pointless. Especially AA allows you to oneshot anyway so no real point of the mode.

Other changes like the proximity stuff sounds promising but from how they worded it, it doesn't seem like they've released it? 

Golgotha666
3 minutes ago, Jason said:

There are a few devs out there that go into the reasoning and thinking behind design decisions, about why things work like they do and that type of thing.

I would really, really love to see Rockstar go into detail about their thinking behind the PvPvE lobby system that they started with GTAO and are seemingly sticking to with RDO. Forcing two player types (PvE and PvP) into one big group doesn't produce the results that they think it does. It will always be a clusterf*ck no matter what they do IMO.

It earns Rockstar/T2 more money for you stay in freemode and chew through ammo and remedies/potions. You are more likely to get frustrated and just buy Gold/Shark Cards that way. This is all stuff they learned over the lifespan of GTAO. 

After this newswire update, I have no hope for RDO. It's sounding more and more like a GTAO reskin.

ALifeOfMisery
3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I also really wish R* would go into their reasonings, hold Q&As etc. Even when I don't like something that gets added, it would be good to know the rationale.

Yeah, again, I agree. PvPvE will always be a clusterf*ck with only the PvP side winning out. But I'd even want proximity blips in exclusively PvE lobbies for a more immersive experience.

When it comes to R* I'm finding that I can be happy with only marginal gains after the direction GTAO was forced into.

Jason
1 minute ago, Golgotha666 said:

It earns Rockstar/T2 more money for you stay in freemode and chew through ammo and remedies/potions. You are more likely to get frustrated and just buy Gold/Shark Cards that way. This is all stuff they learned over the lifespan of GTAO. 

After this newswire update, I have no hope for RDO. It's sounding more and more like a GTAO reskin.

Doesn't really apply to RDO though, does it? Can't really buy anything using Gold Bars that's gonna help you in PvP.

DentureDynamite
7 minutes ago, Jason said:

There's no patch as far as I'm aware. They've just turned the Gun Rush mode on, the rest of the article is stuff to come in future.

Yeah--sorry; was so amazed by the proximity system I didn't slow down to read it carefully .

lol Looks like RDO will soon inherit GTA Online's Daily Objectives:

"Daily Challenges: Tackle new challenges each day covering every aspect of the game, from sharpshooting to evading the law."

Ektope
4 minutes ago, The FoolYT said:

Forgive me if i read this wrong, but does the update just add a BR mode? If that's it, then that's kind of pointless. Especially AA allows you to oneshot anyway so no real point of the mode.

Other changes like the proximity stuff sounds promising but from how they worded it, it doesn't seem like they've released it? 

Then put on Never Without One III so you can survive a headshot. There's Slow and Steady III and Slippery III if you need 'em.

Edited by Ektope

Hunterrrr
12 minutes ago, Deadman2112 said:

People keep saying no invite only lobby...

This was not an update. This was already in the online menu.

Relax...

Updates to come...

Image result for it's been 84 years

The FoolYT
Just now, Ektope said:

Then put on Never Without One III so you can survive a headshot.

yea but i kinda want to play in free aim only  lobbies rather than relying on wearing a hat to avoid getting one shot or being forced to play AA. Even then, someone could easily AA with a shotgun and that perk wouldn't matter in that scenario.

DentureDynamite
17 minutes ago, Jlindstead said:

On another site, they are reporting a clothing glitch "patched"...So they patched a clothing glitch(I didn't take part)  What are the chances they addressed other bugs like saddlebags?  I'm guessing none.

You mean horse saddlebags not being lootable on dead horses?

I do hope that's fixed soon, along with the "can't whistle for my horse because I'm standing in/near water" bug.

And the disconnects... and free-aim, and invite-only sessions which are still going to be needed even with the new proximity blip system.

Plenty of work to do for Rockstar.

Edited by DentureDynamite

xGeoThumbs

Glad to see some more additions to this wonderful game's multiplayer!

Also the Red Dead Online Playstation early access stuff (horse, saddle, guns, outfit) being available on Xbox makes me really happy.

Edited by xGeoThumbs

Smokewood

I like the changes they are talking about. To me PvE mixed with PvP is okay as long as we have tools to deal with other players.

The change to blips is giant!

I wish they would do that for GTAO as well.

The bounty system seems cool too.

Deadman2112
6 minutes ago, Hunterrrr said:

Image result for it's been 84 years

Lol

It certainly feels like it 

4eyedcoupe
1 minute ago, DentureDynamite said:

You mean horse saddlebags not being lootable on dead horses?

I do hope that's fixed soon, along with the "can't whistle for my horse because I'm standing in/near water" bug.

And the disconnects... and free-aim, and invite-only sessions which are still going to be needed even with the new proximity blip system.

Plenty of work to do for Rockstar.

I meant the upgraded saddlebags...They say you can hold more outfits and hats, however that is not the case.  So at this point in time if you haven't purchased one, don't waste your $.  But I just picked one of many bugs, most likely not addressed.  

DentureDynamite
18 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I wouldn't complain at all if this was how blips worked.

I do really like the plans to introduce the darkening blips that are visible over longer distances for players who are constantly killing other players.

Hopefully it isn't lobby specific, I'd like it to be carried until behaviour changes. Otherwise it will just be kill spree>lobby change>kill spree>lobby change, which solves nothing.

+1 on that.

A very positive step for Rockstar--but(!) we all know how griefers have a knack in finding loopholes around systems.

Invite-only sessions remain the ONLY 100% griefer-proof system.

Stretch188

Thats awesome! Some really good stuff in there - Some disappointing too, like no mention of free aim lobbies, but the player blips will go along way on that end! And I'm just happy for communication!

Silver lining - Now I can perfect my Slippery Bastard build without worrying I'll have put 1000s of dollars in to a build only for those cards to be way less effective in free aim.

Also - Wonder when that first batch of changes is coming?

Edited by Stretch188

Danish Crusader

Happy the update is here, happy to see the things they are going to add soon(ish) and happy to see they are listening.

Not happy that I have to pay for the things the PS4 guys got for free, but, it gives me something to grind for.

Coleco
1 minute ago, DentureDynamite said:

+1 on that.

A very positive step for Rockstar--but(!) we all know how griefers have a knack in finding loopholes around systems.

Invite-only sessions remain the ONLY 100% griefer-proof system.

My thoughts exactly.

It's a definite step in the right direction but I would also like the option to choose whether i'm in public or private sessions as sometimes I really want to play this game with friends and family... and nobody else.

I just watched some gun rush videos. Fine, but pretty much San Andreas in a cowboy hat.

DentureDynamite

My thoughts exactly.

It's a definite step in the right direction but I would also like the option to choose whether i'm in public or private sessions as sometimes I really want to play this game with friends and family... and nobody else.

^^ One of best arguments for Rockstar to include private sessions, IMO.

Feedback on this submitted.

Edited by DentureDynamite

Hunterrrr
4 minutes ago, Danish Crusader said:

Happy the update is here, happy to see the things they are going to add soon(ish) and happy to see they are listening.

Not happy that I have to pay for the things the PS4 guys got for free, but, it gives me something to grind for.

Anyone got prices on these? 

If invite only ever is added, I will be needing that saddle. 

How much are the ps4 exclusives to xbox players? 

IamCourtney
7 minutes ago, Stretch188 said:

Thats awesome! Some really good stuff in there - Some disappointing too, like no mention of free aim lobbies, but the player blips will go along way on that end! And I'm just happy for communication!

Silver lining - Now I can perfect my Slippery Bastard build without worrying I'll have put 1000s of dollars in to a build only for those cards to be way less effective in free aim.

Same here, I think I'm gonna bite the bullet, assume autoaim is just the way things are gonna be for the forseeable future and invest in cards accordingly. I'll still try and lean more toward cards that will probably be good in free aim as well though, juuuust in case...

Viciadogames

OK so no mention of solo/friendly/invite only lobbies. Look, you can't have this kind of disconnect between single player and online. If somebody who's never played a rockstar game in their lives plays red dead 2, what do you think they're going to expect from the online mode? Probably a massive survivor experience with all the little details from single player, not this barebones PvE crap. BTW no bug fixes? lol ok.