1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Jason

Red Dead Online Beta Update (January 10th)

Jason

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60804/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-Update

A big thank you to everyone who has taken part in the Red Dead Online Beta over the holidays, and especially to those who have taken the time to provide us with their feedback. Please keep it coming - Red Dead Online will stay in beta for a few more months yet as we have many more new gameplay features to add across the board as well as further changes to improve, stabilize and refine the overall experience.

Today’s update to the Red Dead Online Beta introduces Gun Rush, where you’ll put your survival instincts to the test, gathering weapons and ammunition while the play area shrinks in this new mode for up to 32 players. Available to play now in Free-for-all and Team variations, where the last one standing wins.

More updates are coming soon including new Races and Showdown Modes and new clothing and emotes, as well as some additional changes based on player feedback including:

• Daily Challenges: Tackle new challenges each day covering every aspect of the game, from sharpshooting to evading the law.
  • Law and Bounty Upgrades: Some changes are coming to the way the Law and Bounty systems work in Red Dead Online to reduce the enticements for griefing. Soon, players will get a bounty for committing crimes and will be incentivized to pay them off within an allotted time. Wait too long and bounty hunters from each of the states will track the player forcing them to either pay up or escape.
  • Parley Changes: We’re making the Parley system easier to trigger so that you can avoid aggressive players more quickly. In addition, it will be easier to trigger Feuds, Posse Feuds and Leader Feuds to take on attacking players in structured competition. 
  • Proximity-Based Player Blips: Player location blips will soon appear only over short distances, reducing the range at which you are visible to others, decreasing the likelihood of being targeted by another player across large areas. Down the line, we’re also looking to introduce the ability to identify players who grief and kill indiscriminately with a progressively darkening blip that becomes more visible and at a longer range, so everyone in a session can identify potentially dangerous opponents at a glance and from a safe distance.

More to Come
We are working on lots of new content that we will be releasing this year. Just a few of the updates in the works are:

• All-new missions to build on your Story in A Land Of Opportunities – from previously established characters like Horley and Jessica LeClerk, and some new ones as well.
  • A range of Dynamic Events throughout the world
  • Lots of new competitive modes including new Showdown Modes and Races
  • Plus new weapons and clothing, and lots more that we’re not quite ready to announce just yet…

Xbox One players can also now access the Red Chestnut Arabian Horse, Alligator Skin Ranch Cutter Saddle and the High Roller Double-Action Revolver in the Red Dead Online Beta.

Stay tuned to the Rockstar Newswire for the latest information on the Red Dead Online Beta and please continue to submit feedback to the www.reddeadonline.com/feedback website.

Edited by Jason

Deadman2112

0_0.jpg

Fatsanchez

Just saw this on Twitter!! I hope this is good!! Certainly looks promising! Wonder what are those dynamic events!

Jason

Feel like it's all but confirmed that they have no interest in private/PvE lobbies now. Uhhhhhhhhhhh.

On the bright side the bounty system, dynamic events, daily challenges and player blip changes all sound good. New content still very much needed though, this new BR mode aint exactly wetting my appetite.

Dr.Rosenthal

Especially like the parts about blips not visible over distance as well as Law and Bounty improvements 👍

Stormingz

Proximity based player blips, this brought a tear to my eye.

ALifeOfMisery
3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Proximity-Based Player Blips: Player location blips will soon appear only over short distances, reducing the range at which you are visible to others, decreasing the likelihood of being targeted by another player across large areas. Down the line, we’re also looking to introduce the ability to identify players who grief and kill indiscriminately with a progressively darkening blip that becomes more visible and at a longer range, so everyone in a session can identify potentially dangerous opponents at a glance and from a safe distance.

It's not invite only.

But...

I've asked for this a lot in my feedback and it's actually going to be implemented. A definite step in the right direction. Thank you and well done R*.

I'm still keeping up the daily PvE and Invite Only lobby types feedback though.

Shane_Dbns

Still no free aim, that sucks. 

RaigeGames

Disappointed that it looks like we won't be getting invite only lobbies, but at least they're trying this time to discourage griefers. A big step up IMO

Dr.Rosenthal

I’m also curious about the dynamic events, sounds promising.

Karlitoz-E

Nice!

ShayD

only thing which worries me about proximity blips is a player camping spots like a butcher or shop essentialy being OTR, until he's close enough to kill you. But obviousy the darker and long range blips will assist this, we can only hope these effects arent only based on your current session, where leaving and joining a new one will reset your "mental state"

But overall a good decision from R*.

Ektope
1 minute ago, Jlindstead said:

No lobbies discussed, no PVE events mentioned. Damn.

Dynamic events could be PvE.

Jason

Yea dynamic events sound PvE to me.

4eyedcoupe
Just now, Ektope said:

Dynamic events could be PvE.

I must have been editing when you quoted...I read it a second time, I totally missed the missions part.

lordbancs

So I guess Thursday is the red dead online day for the newswire? That's been the trend so far

ALifeOfMisery
3 minutes ago, ShayD said:

only thing which worries me about proximity blips is a player camping spots like a butcher or shop essentialy being OTR

I'm glad proximity blips are coming, it's far more realistic, but, on a practical level, vendor and job marker camping will have to be addressed.

icefds

Probably best, to check back in 6 months or so. This battle royale crap is certainly not the stuff i need in my life.

Good to know, that more content is coming but like usual: "soon".

Edited by icefds

Smokewood
  • Proximity-Based Player Blips: Player location blips will soon appear only over short distances, reducing the range at which you are visible to others, decreasing the likelihood of being targeted by another player across large areas. Down the line, we’re also looking to introduce the ability to identify players who grief and kill indiscriminately with a progressively darkening blip that becomes more visible and at a longer range, so everyone in a session can identify potentially dangerous opponents at a glance and from a safe distance.

YES!!

Gleeman Vox
3 minutes ago, lordbancs said:

So I guess Thursday is the red dead online day for the newswire? That's been the trend so far

Yeah wtf? 

Tuesdays have always been when The Playstation Store Updates, or a game updates

ShayD
1 minute ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I'm glad proximity blips are coming, it's far more realistic, but, on a practical level, vendor and job marker camping will have to be addressed.

I always thought the best system for player blips would be to have them not visible to anyone unless they were in your mini-map range, but all players inside the boundary of a town should be visible at all times until they leave with a slow fade out over 10-15 seconds

DentureDynamite

Has this update already been released (people already DL'ing it), or "To Be Announced"?

happygrowls
Just now, DentureDynamite said:

Has this update already been released (people already DL'ing it), or "To Be Announced"?

the gun rush mode is out now, not sure if it's tunables or a full patch, hoping its a full patch to address some bugs like lipstick dudes and such

ALifeOfMisery
13 minutes ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

I’m also curious about the dynamic events, sounds promising.

I've been asking for this in my feedback too. Hopefully it's something along the lines of how it works in SP, you're riding along and a white blip appears for you to interact with. 

2 minutes ago, Smokewood said:
  • Proximity-Based Player Blips

YES!!

It is great news. They actually listen, sometimes.

lordbancs
Just now, PSNGTAforumuser said:

Yeah wtf? 

Tuesdays have always been when The Playstation Store Updates, or a game updates

I suspect until they wind down their cash cow (GTAO) it will be that way, to not have too much going on.

4eyedcoupe
1 minute ago, ShayD said:

all players inside the boundary of a town should be visible at all times until they leave with a slow fade out over 10-15 seconds

I love this idea in combo with proximity blips for players outside of towns.

DentureDynamite
11 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

YES!!

Yeah!! I was doing a mini-dance at my desk (emotionally) when I saw this.

Thank you, Rockstar, for finally saying something--and for implementing a proximity-based blip system! Here's hoping it improves game play for all.

But like @ShayD notes: "Only thing which worries me about proximity blips is a player camping spots like a butcher or shop essentially being OTR, until he's close enough to kill you. But obviously the darker and long range blips will assist this, we can only hope these effects arent only based on your current session, where leaving and joining a new one will reset your "mental state."

I hope the darkening blip system doesn't apply to players who only kill NPCs; if it does, I'll have to suck it up and try to behave myself... but I would think that the new bounty hunter system would address that.

Hopefully free aim and disconnects are right on the heels of this update ("more to come soon"), as well as a boat load of other fixes.

Edited by DentureDynamite

Hunterrrr

I will not be logging in until invite onlys are added. I'm sure there are others like me, R* is losing players. 

It's especially stupid because private lobbies are already in the game files, just need to be activated. 

Jason
2 minutes ago, DentureDynamite said:

There's no patch as far as I'm aware. They've just turned the Gun Rush mode on, the rest of the article is stuff to come in future.

Fallcreek

Still no free aim and the PvP playlists still aren't separated into their own game modes. All I wanna do is play deathmatch, but no, I gotta play these other cancerous game modes like "Most Wanted" or f*cking "Choose your Weapon". I hate those RNG game modes.

Edited by Fallcreek