1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Confuzzeled

Facility Qs&As

White Shark
Posted (edited)

I love my Facility for the simple reason of it's security rooms.  It gives you free ammo for pistols, SMGs, shotguns, assault rifles, sticky bombs and miniguns.  Using the free ammo I get here, and from the Bunker, Hanger and Yacht, I haven't needed to buy a single round of ammo or explosive for ages now, probably well over a year.

I love the Strike Team.  Bit of a gimmick, but fun to harass griefers with.  They come with a gun cabinet too, to adjust loadouts.  Facility is also great to use as a warping point, by accepting an open Doomsday Heist from your phone.

Mine's fully upgraded, except for Orbital Cannon, as I can't see I'd ever use the thing.  

Doing the heists gives you discounts on the Doomsday vehicles which is very useful, and once fully completed, you get to call Lester to remove wanted level for free.  Nice little bonus.

Edited by White Shark

Lonely-Martin
3 hours ago, Rez090 said:

I was mentioning how last year Rockstar removed level unlocks from the game, lower levels can buy an RPG at level 1, they don't have to 

The regular RPG is level locked, only DLC weapons can be bought by any rank. :) 

Arnold Stallone
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, White Shark said:

Mine's fully upgraded, except for Orbital Cannon, as I can't see I'd ever use the thing.  

Ah yes the Orbital Cannon, the true weapon for any self respecting megalomaniac.

I enjoy using it from time to time, even if you don't feel like reaching out and touching someone from space it is fun to spy on the map big brother style.

Edited by Arnold Stallone

White Shark
1 minute ago, Arnold Stallone said:

Ah yes the Orbital Cannon, the true weapon for any self respecting megalomaniac.

I enjoy using it from time to time, even if you don't feel like reaching out and touching someone from space it is fun to spy on the map big brother style.

Does using the surveillance function of this thing offer any benefits to just looking at the map?

Voodoo-Hendrix

I'm the only one who read the title as "Facility P's&Q’s"? :p

Rez090
1 hour ago, Lonely-Martin said:

The regular RPG is level locked, only DLC weapons can be bought by any rank. :) 

Well Rockstar did remove levels on unlocks, the 6-wheel truck (forget the name) used to only be able to buy at rank 100, it no longer has that requirement.

fw3
35 minutes ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

I'm the only one who read the title as "Facility P's&Q’s"? :p

You know this was funny because even the scientists in the Facility are cracking up.

cXVFnsvH5Eu0YlkhGXzTrQ_0_0.jpg

Rez090

Correcting myself, update 1.38 in 2017 removed rank unlocks for 4 vehicles: Rhino tank, Buzzard chopper, Annihilator chopper and the Dubsta 6x6. No mention of removing weapon unlocks, but I could swear I remembered reading that weapon rank requirements were also removed but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Lonely-Martin
1 hour ago, Rez090 said:

Well Rockstar did remove levels on unlocks, the 6-wheel truck (forget the name) used to only be able to buy at rank 100, it no longer has that requirement.

31 minutes ago, Rez090 said:

Correcting myself, update 1.38 in 2017 removed rank unlocks for 4 vehicles: Rhino tank, Buzzard chopper, Annihilator chopper and the Dubsta 6x6. No mention of removing weapon unlocks, but I could swear I remembered reading that weapon rank requirements were also removed but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Indeed, lol. No worries. :)

Arnold Stallone
15 hours ago, White Shark said:

Does using the surveillance function of this thing offer any benefits to just looking at the map?

Not really but I find it fun to use anyway in a corrupt CEO in charge of a paradise on earth sort of way.

Confuzzeled
16 hours ago, Arnold Stallone said:

Out of curiosity I logged into GTA Online with my level 25 alt today and all of the higher level weapons are still locked for me so I doubt this information is correct.

But hey whatever this game gets so many updated it's hard to keep track sometimes honestly. 😀

Yeah I thought that info was a bit wonky.  I only just recently unlocked the mini-gun. 

In hindsight,  I might have been better off waiting and getting the....I've already forgotten the name lol. The new Hellraiser? Can't remember the name,  but essentially the futuristic mini-gun.

idonknowhow
13 hours ago, Rez090 said:

All weapons with MK2 option can be bought in MOC without level lock.  

Taterman
On 1/9/2019 at 4:59 PM, White Shark said:

I love my Facility for the simple reason of it's security rooms.  It gives you free ammo for pistols, SMGs, shotguns, assault rifles, sticky bombs and miniguns.  Using the free ammo I get here, and from the Bunker, Hanger and Yacht, I haven't needed to buy a single round of ammo or explosive for ages now, probably well over a year.

I love the Strike Team.  Bit of a gimmick, but fun to harass griefers with.  They come with a gun cabinet too, to adjust loadouts.  Facility is also great to use as a warping point, by accepting an open Doomsday Heist from your phone.

Doing the heists gives you discounts on the Doomsday vehicles which is very useful, and once fully completed, you get to call Lester to remove wanted level for free.  Nice little bonus.

Wait, what free ammo do you get from a bunker? I've found the Hanger stuff, but nothing from the bunker.

I'm so glad I saw this thread. I have a Facility but haven't done a heist since Xbox 360 several years ago. No Doomsday heists yet either, but so happy to hear I can do the setups solo in a solo lobby.

Confuzzeled
On 1/9/2019 at 10:59 PM, White Shark said:

Really nice post! I was thinking of getting the security room as I'd heard there's free ammo but though, nah. However your post has in fact changed my mind.  I didn't realise you get ammo for so many weapons!  Thanks! :)

I too cannot see any point whatsoever in the orbital cannon. Seems like perhaps the biggest waste of money in gaming history lol. 

White Shark
1 hour ago, Taterman said:

Wait, what free ammo do you get from a bunker? I've found the Hanger stuff, but nothing from the bunker.

I'm so glad I saw this thread. I have a Facility but haven't done a heist since Xbox 360 several years ago. No Doomsday heists yet either, but so happy to hear I can do the setups solo in a solo lobby.

Buy the security upgrade for it and it puts two extra rooms in it. This is where you can get free ammo (guns on tables), use the strike team and access the gun locker.

Confuzzeled
On 1/10/2019 at 12:59 AM, fw3 said:

You know this was funny because even the scientists in the Facility are cracking up.

cXVFnsvH5Eu0YlkhGXzTrQ_0_0.jpg

I never knew Graham Norton and Gerard Pique were in this game!  :D

White Shark
2 minutes ago, Confuzzeled said:

Really nice post! I was thinking of getting the security room as I'd heard there's free ammo but though, nah. However your post has in fact changed my mind.  I didn't realise you get ammo for so many weapons!  Thanks! :)

I too cannot see any point whatsoever in the orbital cannon. Seems like perhaps the biggest waste of money in gaming history lol. 

Cool happy to help!  

And lol yeah, I have no use for the Orbital Cannon. It costs way too much to fire it as well.

And lol, biggest waste of money for me has been the Cerberus. 6 million it cost and the damn thing blows up from its own flamethrower. Lame.

Voodoo-Hendrix
23 hours ago, Arnold Stallone said:

Not really but I find it fun to use anyway in a corrupt CEO in charge of a paradise on earth sort of way.

I see your eye in the sky and raise you my electric eye:

Confuzzeled
3 minutes ago, White Shark said:

And lol, biggest waste of money for me has been the Cerberus. 6 million it cost and the damn thing blows up from its own flamethrower. Lame.

Lol! :D

Are you serious??

White Shark
32 minutes ago, Confuzzeled said:

Lol! :D

Are you serious??

Yep, tested it twice and both times it destroyed my own Cerberus. I've submitted a ticket in the hopes it's a bug, but knowing Rockstar, it's probably intentional.

Confuzzeled
1 hour ago, White Shark said:

Yep, tested it twice and both times it destroyed my own Cerberus. I've submitted a ticket in the hopes it's a bug, but knowing Rockstar, it's probably intentional.

That's crazy lol. That's like a flammable toaster, or a kettle made from ice. :/

thefirstoneill

What locations would people recommend ? I'm torn between Route 68,Lago Zancudo, and Rons Windfarm ? If you call a personal helicopter does it respawn next to the facility at all the facility locations  ? ( I know it does on Route 68)

Edited by thefirstoneill
make sense

Confuzzeled
6 minutes ago, thefirstoneill said:

What locations would people recommend ? I'm torn between Route 68,Lago Zancudo, and Rons Windfarm ? If you call a personal helicopter does it respawn next to the facility at all the facility locations  ? ( I know it does on Route 68)

I got the Luco Zancudo facility.  It's right next to my bunker, very close to my CEO office, is close to both ends of the map and is on a main highway which makes tavel easy. 

Plus facilities are on sale right now. Spawning vehicles isn't a problem.  I've spawned my Karuma, Oppressor MK2, Deluxo etc. 

Arnold Stallone
25 minutes ago, thefirstoneill said:

What locations would people recommend ? I'm torn between Route 68,Lago Zancudo, and Rons Windfarm ? If you call a personal helicopter does it respawn next to the facility on locations  ? ( I know it does on Route 68)

I picked the Lago Zancudo facility because it was a cheaper location and because my hanger from the Smugglers Run update is in Fort Zancudo and my bunker from the Gunrunning update is on the coast near Lago Zancudo.

For me when I call a personal helicopter it still spawns in Fort Zancudo which is a bit out of the way so I normally just fly out using my Avenger.

Confuzzeled

I'm just wondering if there are any sort of, Doomsday heist specific crews. When you get level 20s killing cops in the hospital and immediately failing the mission for the 8th time can be ever so slightly annoying...as hell lol. 

Gat_2011
3 hours ago, thefirstoneill said:

What locations would people recommend ? I'm torn between Route 68,Lago Zancudo, and Rons Windfarm ?

Looking at facilities from an elite challenge or criminal mastermind point of view:

1. Senora Desert. It's a kind of swiss knife. Very close to the senora airfield. Your air PV's spawn there.

Best for Act1 elite. also the best for CM since it's the more "central"

(It also very esay to make blue or yellow Sandking XL to spawn from Senora desert facility. All you need is a Sandking XL 4 doors and parked in it, exit your facility between 9 am and 4 pm and drive to the parking in front of LSC. Steal the Blue or yellow XL and sell it)

If i had to recommend only one, it would be Senora Desert

2. Sandy Shores. Best for Act 3 elite.

3. Paleto Bay. Best for Act 2 elite.

Cheap, but very far from the city which makes all preps and missions longer and almost painful

Edited by Gat_2011

Arnold Stallone
2 hours ago, Confuzzeled said:

I'm just wondering if there are any sort of, Doomsday heist specific crews. When you get level 20s killing cops in the hospital and immediately failing the mission for the 8th time can be ever so slightly annoying...as hell lol. 

I would help you out but I'm playing on PC and from what I understand you play on PS4. Yeah, I hear you. Picking the right teammates can make or break the Doomsday heist.

Me and my and one of my buddies were so good at it we went through the whole three acts on hard and you know what that means. 50/50 split 😀

Gat_2011
2 hours ago, Confuzzeled said:

You may have a look and/or create a "wanted" topic in the "Find Lobbies and Players" of this forum

Arnold Stallone
1 hour ago, Gat_2011 said:

You may have a look and/or create a "wanted" topic in the "Find Lobbies and Players" of this forum

That could work, he could also try this subreddit HeistTeamsif that does not work for him. Or maybe post in both and see who replies first.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HeistTeams/

Confuzzeled
2 hours ago, Arnold Stallone said:

I would help you out but I'm playing on PC and from what I understand you play on PS4. Yeah, I hear you. Picking the right teammates can make or break the Doomsday heist.

Me and my and one of my buddies were so good at it we went through the whole three acts on hard and you know what that means. 50/50 split 😀

No problem.  I appreciate the offer, but I am indeed on ps4. 

Thanks again though! :)

2 hours ago, Gat_2011 said:

That's an extraordinary idea! I didnt know that was even a part of this site lol. 

Thank you. :)