4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Confuzzeled

Facility Qs&As

Confuzzeled

Ok, so I can't claim to have answers, but I do have a question or two regarding the facilities and Doomsday Heists. Perhaps I could provide a few Qs and if you'd like,  you could assist with a couple a As. :)

I've just bought a facility as they are on sale right now and I've wanted one for a while. Just not entirely sure as to what,  how and when. 

If I were to start the heists, are there substantial start up fees, and if so, if you get noobs joining and inevitability fudge up, do you have to then pay additional fees, or are the fees you pay a once off?  

Also, is there anything else to facilities,  or are doomsday heists pretty much the main attraction?  I know there's the orbital cannon but...no thanks lol. 

I guess my main concern is getting total noobs joining, paying the initial fees, (if there are any) failing the heist, then having to pay more start up fees. 

Anyway,  any input would be greatly appreciated.  :)

Side question: Any point in security?  I've heard there are free weapons/ammo. 

Lonely-Martin

Initial fees exist but they are one time payments, like original heists. Each of the 3 acts has a fee of about 100-150k IIRC.

Noobs are a liability here through just how much tougher the NPC's are and that we can't use heavy combat vests effectively unlike how we can in original heists.

We can store 7 personal vehicles of choice there, and there's 4 vehicles that can only be stored there, total of 11 can be stored.

Security isn't needed for anything heist specific, nor to protect the vehicles etc. Just a cosmetic really but it will give a room with some free weapon pickups.

Fun 2

The main thing for the facility is the ability to start Doomsday Heist, it also allows you to store the Avenger if you wish to use it.

It's basically a Mobile operations center that can fly.

You have to pay up a fee for starting any Doomsday Heist, once you pay it, you don't need to pay again if you fail because it becomes your active Doomsday Heist until you finish it.

Security grant you an additional ability to send mercenaries after players, add to that free ammo and guns.

StangOne50

Each heist has an initial start up fee but that should be it.

You can make good money from heists but only if you have a good team/friends. Like most jobs randoms can be pretty bad and make your heisting very time consuming.

The heist challenges can be very rewarding if you can get through them.

Arnold Stallone
Posted (edited)

1.Pay once at the start of each act (3 act heist) try each act as many times as you want until you pass. Three acts ,three set up fees. After you finish once you can replay the acts in any order.

2.You can store your avenger and get a really sweet James Bond bad guy looking office in your facility.

3.I've never used the Strike Team but you can use them to attack other players. I just use the security upgrade for for free explosives and mini gun ammo for my friends who are not level 120 yet.

Edited by Arnold Stallone
Gave more info at 1. regarding the act structure of the The Doomsday Heist

Confuzzeled

Wow, so many replies so quickly.  Thanks guys! 

Lonely-Martin
4 minutes ago, Arnold Stallone said:

1.Pay once and try the heists much as you want.

Must add to this, each time we start any of the acts, there'll be a new start up fee for each. (After completing each of the 3 acts though, you can host any of the 3 to replay them but there is a Cool down between how frequently we can re-run it, I think 2 IRL hours).

Confuzzeled
8 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Must add to this, each time we start any of the acts, there'll be a new start up fee for each. (After completing each of the 3 acts though, you can host any of the 3 to replay them but there is a Cool down between how frequently we can re-run it, I think 2 IRL hours).

I see. Cheers! 

Essentially though,  if you fail, or get frustrated and find a new session,  once each act is paid, it's paid..right? 

Arnold Stallone
Posted (edited)

And if you want some free advice ahead of time for the heist itself. One of the key differences between the old heists and the new heists is the Doomsday heist will require you to do "prep" missions in public with other players potentially interfering with you.
You can either spend extra money on the prep equipment to skip this part or if you are lucky find a low pop server to do this in because in a highly populated server there is a good chance someone will mess with you as you try and do this.

Confuzzeled
2 minutes ago, Arnold Stallone said:

And if you want some free advice ahead of time for the heist itself. One of the key differences between the old heists and the new heists is the Doomsday heist will require you to do "prep" missions in public with other players potentially interfering with you.
You can either spend extra money on the prep equipment to skip this part or if you are lucky find a low pop server to do this in because in a highly populated server their is a good chance someone will mess with you as you try and do this.

Seriously?  Thanks friend!  That actually is rather helpful.  

I presume I could this in a solo public lobby by myself? Or do you need a team first, then do it? (In a solo public as well) 

Kiwi_91

i bought mine for the garage space.

StangOne50
10 minutes ago, Confuzzeled said:

I presume I could this in a solo public lobby by myself? Or do you need a team first, then do it? (In a solo public as well) 

You can do preps alone in solo public, unless you are going for the challenges then your team needs to be with you.

Confuzzeled
3 minutes ago, StangOne50 said:

You can do preps alone in solo public, unless you are going for the challenges then your team needs to be with you.

Ah ok. That's good to know. Many thanks! :)

Lonely-Martin
42 minutes ago, Confuzzeled said:

I see. Cheers! 

Essentially though,  if you fail, or get frustrated and find a new session,  once each act is paid, it's paid..right? 

Absolutely. Just a one time buy in until that act is complete, no matter how many fails or bails. :)

Confuzzeled
3 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Absolutely. Just a one time buy in until that act is complete, no matter how many fails or bails. :)

Very glad to hear this. Cheers mate! :)

Lonely-Martin
1 minute ago, Confuzzeled said:

Very glad to hear this. Cheers mate! :)

Most welcome.

Additionally, regards to the public only prep jobs, if you do go for criminal mastermind challenges at any time. Deaths by players don't compromise that, only setups and finales are where you can't die. And there's no cooldowns between a failed prep job and starting it again if you do get some challenges from players out there.

Smokewood
35 minutes ago, Confuzzeled said:

It's not that big of a deal, you will probably finish them without anyone bothering you.

Confuzzeled
26 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Most welcome.

Additionally, regards to the public only prep jobs, if you do go for criminal mastermind challenges at any time. Deaths by players don't compromise that, only setups and finales are where you can't die. And there's no cooldowns between a failed prep job and starting it again if you do get some challenges from players out there.

Tbh, I'd rather just stick with solo atm, then I might go back and try to do it in a full lobby. 

Thanks again though! 

25 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

It's not that big of a deal, you will probably finish them without anyone bothering you.

I'm just starting it out now. :)

That Avon Hurts is quite a character.  :D

Lonely-Martin
3 minutes ago, Confuzzeled said:

Tbh, I'd rather just stick with solo atm, then I might go back and try to do it in a full lobby. 

Thanks again though! 

My preference too, gets bits done and leaves the potential time wasting to the actual heists/setups. Enough times R* or players can slow us up. Don't get me wrong, public tumbles are all good for those keen too of course.

Hopefully you have a blast dude, enjoy. :)

Kiwi_91

if you need a hand, i'm happy to help you if you're on pc. i bought the facility on day 1 and haven't even finished act 2 yet. mainly because i got stuck on a certain mission that i couldn't do with randoms and other things in the game have been more fun to do, so its been on my sidelines. would be nice if we could do your heist and maybe mine together 

Arnold Stallone
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Confuzzeled said:

The dialogue between Avon and Lester is pure gold.

Enjoy saving us all my friend. 😀

Confuzzeled
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

My preference too, gets bits done and leaves the potential time wasting to the actual heists/setups. Enough times R* or players can slow us up. Don't get me wrong, public tumbles are all good for those keen too of course.

Hopefully you have a blast dude, enjoy. :)

Indeed! 

And thanks mate! I'm already enjoying the fudge out of it! :D

Just collected the Akula. 

27 minutes ago, Kiwi_91 said:

if you need a hand, i'm happy to help you if you're on pc. i bought the facility on day 1 and haven't even finished act 2 yet. mainly because i got stuck on a certain mission that i couldn't do with randoms and other things in the game have been more fun to do, so its been on my sidelines. would be nice if we could do your heist and maybe mine together 

Sorry mate, I'm on ps4. Would have liked to have teamed up though. 

Wish you luck with it though. :)

I presume there are sort of... Doomsday heist specific crews out there? :/

10 minutes ago, Arnold Stallone said:

The dialogue between him and Lester is pure gold.

Enjoy saving us all my friend. 😀

It really is indeed gold hey.  Tons of fun to be had! 

And thanks! I'll do my best to save us from the perils that lie ahead! :D

Edited by Confuzzeled

Rez090
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Arnold Stallone said:

1.Pay once and try the heists as much as you want.

2.You can store your avenger in it and get a really sweet James Bond bad guy looking office.

3.I've never used security but from what I understand you can use them to attack other players. I mostly just used it for free chain gun ammo and explosives for my friends who are not level 120 yet.

Um...you do realize that lower levels can buy explosives at level 1?

Edited by Rez090

Arnold Stallone
2 minutes ago, Rez090 said:

Um...you do realize that lower levels can buy explosives at level 1?

I was speaking of the chain gun.

Like my granddaddy used to tell me...When you go on a heist two chainguns are better than one.

Rez090
4 minutes ago, Arnold Stallone said:

I was speaking of the chain gun.

Like my granddaddy used to tell me...When you go on a heist two chainguns are better than one.

I was mentioning how last year Rockstar removed level unlocks from the game, lower levels can buy an RPG at level 1, they don't have to wait.

Arnold Stallone
Just now, Rez090 said:

I was mentioning how last year Rockstar removed level unlocks from the game, lower levels can buy an RPG at level 1, they don't have to wait.

Can't say I knew that. already bought all my weapons so long ago that I have not even noticed.

Good for the newer players I guess.

Gat_2011
2 hours ago, Confuzzeled said:

The following tip will be for next time you do the act1 / ambulance prep: just call 911 for a paramedic. No need to listen to what Lester says.

The most funny thing is once you dial 911 and call an ambulance, Creepy uncle Lester says "..... or you can call an ambulance, it was so obviuos that i did not mention it" :-)

Confuzzeled
1 hour ago, Rez090 said:

Wait...what? I'm only now level 128 and couldn't get the RPG or mini gun a week ago. I was under 100 then. 

Couldn't get certain guns until I reached a certain level.  Am I missing something?  Doesn't matter now considering my current level,  but hey. 

1 hour ago, Gat_2011 said:

The following tip will be for next time you do the act1 / ambulance prep: just call 911 for a paramedic. No need to listen to what Lester says.

The most funny thing is once you dial 911 and call an ambulance, Creepy uncle Lester says "..... or you can call an ambulance, it was so obviuos that i did not mention it" :-)

Lol, very intriguing!  Appreciate that one. :)

Funnily enough,  that's the only one left to do!  

WFD1992
1 hour ago, Gat_2011 said:

Which is a call back to the "Fire Truck" set up mission for the "Covert" version of "The Bureau Raid" heist in GTA V where you could dial 911 to have a Fire Truck come to you (this was actually one of the Gold Metal requirement for that set up mission).

Arnold Stallone
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Confuzzeled said:

Wait...what? I'm only now level 128 and couldn't get the RPG or mini gun a week ago. I was under 100 then. 

Couldn't get certain guns until I reached a certain level.  Am I missing something?  Doesn't matter now considering my current level,  but hey. 

Lol, very intriguing!  Appreciate that one. :)

Out of curiosity I logged into GTA Online with my level 25 alt today and all of the higher level weapons are still locked for me so I doubt this information is correct.

But hey whatever this game gets so many updated it's hard to keep track sometimes honestly. 😀