1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Lord-Sam

lasso tackling needs to be counterable.

Happy Hunter

No it doesn't. You need to get better.

12 hours ago, Lord-Sam said:

Okay so hat perk, slippery bastard and zig zagging.

Should be no problem catching up with someone to lasso them.

I've done it myself.

Shotgun in their vague direction, buckshot will get them. Or a stick of dynamite. Deadeye is limited anyway.

Gleeman Vox
Posted (edited)

Why the hell do topics keep appearing about nerfing sh*t that isn’t overpowered? If you can’t f*cking shoot someone sprinting straight at you, you deserve to be tackled.

Edited by PSNGTAforumuser

The FoolYT

As others have said, shotgun them. I've never been tackled with a lasso in free mode and in the other deathmatch like gamemodes, you can just run about with a shotgun and one shot them anyway. tbh the only "broken" thing is pretty much the Autoaim really.

•—•
2 hours ago, PSNGTAforumuser said:

Why the hell do topics keep appearing about nerfing sh*t that isn’t overpowered? If you can’t f*cking shoot someone sprinting straight at you, you deserve to be tackled.

Is Varmint overpowered?

Gleeman Vox
41 minutes ago, Ektope said:

Is Varmint overpowered?

No

A. If the Varmint gets nerfed people will just use the next best thing (Lancaster/bolt)

B. People already use the Lancaster/bolt to actually do damage    to Slow and Steady users

Edited by PSNGTAforumuser

•—•
1 minute ago, PSNGTAforumuser said:

No

A. If the Varmint gets nerfed people will just use the next best thing (Lancaster/bolt)

B. People already use the Lancaster/bolt to actually do damage    to Slow and Steady users

True. That's the response I was looking for.

C) Lancaster special ammo gives +5 XP for faster levelling and better damage, range, accuracy.

trudypoo2

I like to lasso tackle people when they're cooking and toss them into campfires.

Pocket Fox
20 hours ago, rusbeckia said:

I doubt you can auto-tackle in free-aim. If so, you‘re right. 

Your comment is like complaining about griefers when you‘re a griefer yourself.

You can't tackle in free-aim, either at all, or effectively.

I did slippery B, hat perk and less damage taken sprinting and hp regen on a kill.  Yeah, I killed like one person. good players killed me, even in melee.

I ran around one person who was diving everywhere and they smacked me in the face, then blew my head open with a shotgun. I also have to chug snake oil and burn through serious cash. and then in MP while I am tying someone up I am in an animation that I cannot cancel. I tied 3 ppl up, died every time because someone else killed me, then the hog tied person. As for free-roam, WHY even let someone get that close? It'd be so rare. It's like they just spring out of nowhere and then they dont have anything to do at range, shoot them, run away until their dead-eye burns out. So many counters.

it is NOT some noob-tube easy kill no skill involved strategy AT ALL.

I hate to say it, but seriously if people think it is OP or can't be countered, get good! 

Edited by Pocket Fox

8 hours ago, PSNGTAforumuser said:

2s7i1xt.gif

rusbeckia
1 hour ago, Pocket Fox said:

I did slippery B, hat perk and less damage taken sprinting and hp regen on a kill.  Yeah, I killed like one person. good players killed me, even in melee.

I ran around one person who was diving everywhere and they smacked me in the face, then blew my head open with a shotgun. I also have to chug snake oil and burn through serious cash. and then in MP while I am tying someone up I am in an animation that I cannot cancel. I tied 3 ppl up, died every time because someone else killed me, then the hog tied person. As for free-roam, WHY even let someone get that close? It'd be so rare. It's like they just spring out of nowhere and then they dont have anything to do at range, shoot them, run away until their dead-eye burns out. So many counters.

it is NOT some noob-tube easy kill no skill involved strategy AT ALL.

I hate to say it, but seriously if people think it is OP or can't be countered, get good! 

True that, my friend!

hotrats773
On 1/9/2019 at 10:37 PM, trudypoo2 said:

I like to lasso tackle people when they're cooking and toss them into campfires.

Yay, you?

🙄

•—•
On 1/10/2019 at 4:54 AM, Pocket Fox said:

I can.

CosmicBuffalo

The lasso doesnt need to be changed.  Its stupid if a griefer is near a building going in and out of "passive" mode.  He can run around you waiting to come out and your aiming takes a bit longer to work than his tackle.  Its kindve a problem, but I dont care about free aim.  It would be funny to see if free aim lobbies are plauged by nonstop fist fights/lasso tackles.  It should have a counter after the tackle.  I just ewo every time it happened to me.  It gave me the option to "die"

Stupidis
On 1/9/2019 at 3:16 PM, AmyStone said:

I counter it very easily. Quit the game and restart it. I'm not having some creep hogtie me.

An even better way to counter griefers is to report them then change session.

hotrats773

On 1/9/2019 at 8:16 AM, AmyStone said:

I counter it very easily. Quit the game and restart it. I'm not having some creep hogtie me.

Ditto.

I find it creepy as f*ck. It's happened to me twice because I allowed a player (non-friend) approach me and yes, once I got stuck in the animation, it was over. Button mashing was useless.

I don't care if friends want to play grab-ass with the rope. Knock yourselves out with your little S&M fantasies. But for me, having the auto-shotgun queued up has done wonders to keep that sh*t at bay.

•—•

Sometimes, it's funny. Sometimes, it isn't. Just need more humour. It depends on the situation, who does it and so on. Or if we aren't playing too seriously.

hotrats773
18 minutes ago, Ektope said:

Sometimes, it's funny. Sometimes, it isn't. Just need more humour. It depends on the situation, who does it and so on. Or if we aren't playing too seriously.

Yep. I see your point.

Disclosure: As a teen, I spent a good part of it with a sadistic step-father who, when drunk, would bind and gag my brother and I and beat the sh*t out of us. He was f*cked up in head to say the least. When I see player lassoing and f*cking around with other players, I guess you could say I get triggered. All of that said, It doesn't bother me to lasso an NPC who's being a dick or if it's part of a mission. So I am able to make that distinction. Unfortunately, I don't allow players I don't know to even get close now, without delivering a face full of shotgun.

Ghoffman9
3 hours ago, hotrats773 said:

Yep. I see your point.

Disclosure: As a teen, I spent a good part of it with a sadistic step-father who, when drunk, would bind and gag my brother and I and beat the sh*t out of us. He was f*cked up in head to say the least. When I see player lassoing and f*cking around with other players, I guess you could say I get triggered. All of that said, It doesn't bother me to lasso an NPC who's being a dick or if it's part of a mission. So I am able to make that distinction. Unfortunately, I don't allow players I don't know to even get close now, without delivering a face full of shotgun.

My strategy is to let players who are close pass me by, but I watch them closely. I do not shoot to kill at first, if they have no weapon out I let them pass. If at any moment while they are near me and I spot them pulling out a weapon, I will kill them before they even get the chance to aim that weapon.

hotrats773
14 hours ago, Ghoffman9 said:

My strategy is to let players who are close pass me by, but I watch them closely. I do not shoot to kill at first, if they have no weapon out I let them pass. If at any moment while they are near me and I spot them pulling out a weapon, I will kill them before they even get the chance to aim that weapon.

The side eye! lol. Love it. Yeah, the days of lollygagging in the field picking herbs or shooting turkeys  with nary a care, are long gone.

Ghoffman9
7 minutes ago, hotrats773 said:

The side eye! lol. Love it. Yeah, the days of lollygagging in the field picking herbs or shooting turkeys  with nary a care, are long gone.

This sums up my interactions with players in a nutshell.

gibsonteddyj
On 1/9/2019 at 3:09 AM, rusbeckia said:

Well mate... why use this mechanic on others if you think it‘s way too op and complain about others doing that on you? 

As said previously, adapt your strategy and you won‘t have a problem with this. Ofc it can happen if you don‘t pay attention and someone sneaks up to you, but overall I haven‘t been lasso-tackled in the last 30lvls or so. 

This game is all about avoiding critical situations. This is not gta, you actually are advised to play smartly.

I have to agree with this reply post...strategy and quickly being able to react to being hogtied is the key.  I haven't had a problem with this much in a really long time.  A few days ago, a really low level player (like level 3 or 4) was waiting on me to conclude business with the butcher.  When I finished and un-ghosted, the player was waiting and gave me the Goldberg Spear and hogtied me.  As soon as I was hogtied, I immediately spammed the break free button and was free in about 2-3 seconds it seemed.  I immediately pulled out both saw-off shotguns as dispensed justice.  I then repeatedly killed this player about 6-8 times until he left the area.

Gallows

Only really a problem because of lock on, which creates many other issues as well. Without lock on, it would be harder to lasso someone.