Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTAForums Annual Awards 2018

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Smokewood

Items after chapter 6

Recommended Posts

Smokewood

Especially gold bars - does John get them?

I'm on second playthrough and if I can pass the gold bars to John, I'll just sit on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tonesta

Yes, yes he does.

 

Takes eight missions I think - before which, you can't buy much anyways - but as soon as you hear the dulcet tones of Willie Nelson, they should be appearing in John's satchel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smokewood
5 minutes ago, Tonesta said:

Yes, yes he does.

 

Takes eight missions I think - before which, you can't buy much anyways - but as soon as you hear the dulcet tones of Willie Nelson, they should be appearing in John's satchel.

Well, my interest is really in just trying to preserve as much of Arthur's wealth as possible.

If I can sit on gold bars, that makes it a lot easier.

For cash I plan on going to the farm, letting them rob me, and then going back later as john to get the money back.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alz

You only lose ingredients I believe (herbs, plants, etc.).  All other items will eventually show up with John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satanta

Out of curiosity why?

 

Not making fun of you just curious asunless you are wanting to buy horses and outfits I'd guess you have everything else.  The Beecher's Hope story is going to follow a path that gets John out of Debt and well-set where money is no longer a worry.

 

If it's just to have it I'm fine with that.  Kept all but one [[accidentally sold it]] of the Unique items and have a collection of bear claws, teeth and such I'm putting together for John-did that with RDR1 after my first playthru-Got a Save Game just before the final mission with John, he has all the Gold Bars, Bear claws and so forth in his Satchel for collection as he is not hurting in funds anyway [[topped out]], owns all but the one outfit he cannoit buy and so on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smokewood
15 hours ago, Satanta said:

Out of curiosity why?

 

Not making fun of you just curious asunless you are wanting to buy horses and outfits I'd guess you have everything else.  The Beecher's Hope story is going to follow a path that gets John out of Debt and well-set where money is no longer a worry.

 

If it's just to have it I'm fine with that.  Kept all but one [[accidentally sold it]] of the Unique items and have a collection of bear claws, teeth and such I'm putting together for John-did that with RDR1 after my first playthru-Got a Save Game just before the final mission with John, he has all the Gold Bars, Bear claws and so forth in his Satchel for collection as he is not hurting in funds anyway [[topped out]], owns all but the one outfit he cannoit buy and so on.

Why not?

I mean, it's something to do....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ingrobny
Posted (edited)

I have 8 $500 gold bars and 1 $300 (I will get 1 more in the beginning of chapter 3 and 1 after chapter 3, I'm not sure if that one is a $500 or $300 gold bar) gold bar and that should be more than enough in the epilogues, remember all your outfits, trapper outfits and reinforced equipment and weapons carries over to John (that's what I have read, I haven't gotten so far yet, before I reloaded a chapter 2 save, so I'm not 100% sure.), horses does not, but I will still be able to buy the black arabian horse for Arthur when I get to that chapter (don't remember which one it was).

 

So I don't think you should be too "afraid" for spending money on Arthur, depends of how much of the game you complete with Arthur I guess, I will do most in the game with Arthur, so I'm not sure what I can do as John, besides story missions and I believe I will not need a lot of money in the epilogues.

 

If you want to know where to find them all, look here:

 

https://www.polygon.com/red-dead-redemption-2-guide/2018/11/21/18105649/rdr2-finding-gold-bars-money-exploit-limpany-braithwaite-manor-train-wreck-strange-painting-statues#Nmjin4

 

I haven't done the exploit, because there is enough money to be earned and gold bars to be found in this game and the exploit would just ruin the game for me.

 

I don't have pre-order treasure maps, but I didn't know about the ones outside the 3 treasure hunts, except for 1 gold bar.

 

This is what I have now of valuables and I haven't even started the Javier Escuella mission in chapter 2:

 

tcKNMhF.jpg

 

9teLFq4.jpg

 

 

I have been free roaming most of the time 😃. This should be more than enough for both Arthur and John.

Edited by Ingrobny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimbatron

You’ll lose ingredients, provisions, materials and tonics - and cash.

 

You’ll keep valuables, equipment, maps, photos etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Corndawg93

The best part about keeping the valuables is selling them all so John can make some cash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ingrobny
On 1/11/2019 at 3:38 AM, Corndawg93 said:

The best part about keeping the valuables is selling them all so John can make some cash

Just remember, John starts with the default size satchel, so I believe more than 5 of each jewelry will be lost?

Edited by Ingrobny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
13 hours ago, Ingrobny said:

Just remember, John starts with the default size satchel, so I believe more than 5 of each jewelry will be lost?

Unless you have the Legend of the East satchel unlocked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.