2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Dilloncorn

How to make money playing Solo in GTA online?

flybar

Back on the subject - original post stated that due to bad Wi-Fi played has to play in solo lobbies. So team work is out of question as far as I see. On the positive side I noticed that there's not much of disadvantage to run businesses solo. You don't waste time waiting for others, can switch sessions in a heartbeat if you don't like steal/sale mission and you don't risk your sales in populated lobbies. Few times I got my sales destroyed in seemingly peaceful small lobbies by modders  or funny dudes who shot you with orbital cannon. So my advise to new solo players is to use any money making opportunity and buy cheap garage close to Sandy Shores, then bunker close to helicopter spawn at Sandy Shores, suffer with getting supplies, buy Buzzard, upgrade bunker and get guaranteed one vehicle  $250K sales every day. Then buy NC, hangar, MC coke, meth and cash which adds 1M completely passive income in a week, providing that player plays regularly or stay AFK watching security cameras in NC or hangar.  After that player is set and can buy useful tools like helicopters, armored vehicles and other businesses to make life more diverse.  Or you can buy Buzzard first and keep making money faster to buy bunker etc.  I used free spawned choppers from Sandy Shores and got free Buzzard from time to time but have your own Buzzard saves you time, ammo and efforts. If I started from scratch I would buy Buzzard right after garage.

kcole4001

With dodgy internet, the OP may not be able to afk.

I'm not sure about that, never done afk except while boosting my stealth score when I had to pick up the wife from work.  🙂

CaliMeatWagon
6 hours ago, kcole4001 said:

Agree about the client jobs + VIP in addition to bunker and nightclub being superior in terms of $ per minute payout, but playing solo selling crates is more of a low to medium risk venture.

I've left out I/E because of the barge mission, but since the seawall of death has been patched, it's at least viable, if still a huge PITA.

Worst case scenario is you get the Titan mission and the glitch that doesn't allow you to continue making drops so you have to switch session and lose some stock, best case scenario you get Brickades and it's easy sailing.

The Titan glitch is mitigated by the fact you can use a small warehouse to at least eliminate the bad mission before selling the large warehouse, as explained (thanks to Lonely Martin):  " Sell in 9's until one is a plane, then the next one will be the trucks or tugboat. More info for others than a direct response though Fun. :)"

It's still a long term, high risk, high return investment. To fill a large warehouse it takes ~7 hours. That whole time you are not making money (long term) and all that money can be lost in a single sell mission (high risk), but you make $1M+ profit off of the sale (high return)

This is how I judge money making activities. How long does it take to get me to a point I can sell/make money, what are the profit margins, and if I fail, how much time/money/energy do I lose.

CaliMeatWagon
On 1/20/2019 at 8:29 AM, flybar said:

suffer with getting supplies

Then buy NC, hangar, MC coke, meth and cash which adds 1M completely passive income in a week

Don't steal supplies, buy them, it's a waste of time. When playing this game with the goal of making money the only thing that is important is dollar per minute. 
If I steal supplies solo, I may get 1 supply. This mission will take ~10 minutes. In ten minutes time I could steal an I/E car ($80K ready to sell), I could do Headhunter and a Client Job (~$20K+~$30K). A single unit of supplies is only worth $15K. The money you spend on purchasing supplies you'll make back in the time saved/used doing other activities. 

Because of the sale missions the Biker Business are not worth running. Only counting the time spent on the sales mission they have a lower dollar per minute than running contact missions, solo, on hard. And the nightclub doesn't make owning them anymore worthwhile to get. It's more of a consolation prize to those who bought the Biker stuff and now having it collecting dust due to be out dated. 

OP, you want solid advice? From somebody who has actually crunched the numbers? 

Start:
Run every Contact Mission at just once. This will earn you ~$1,050,000 (~$114,000 an hour/ 8.8 hours to $1M)
Buy an Office ($1,000,000)

Run VIP Work (~$176,000 an hour/ 5.7 hours to $1M)
Buy an I/E Warehouse ($1,500,000)

Run VIP Work+I/E (~$297,000 an hour/ 3.4 hours to $1M)
Buy a Bunker $3,303,500

Run VIP+I/E+Bunker (~$340,000 an hour/ 2.9 hours to $1M)
Buy Buzzard $1,750,000
Cargobob $1,790,000
Total Spent: $9,343,500

By the time you have reach this point you will be able to make ~$1M every 3 hours. And depending on your skill level this will take ~36-48 hours of gameplay.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EpdoY1IEJQ03OtFrBGWs-Mt-e_P3SwE_cWeKA9S5HqI/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by CaliMeatWagon

PkUnzipper
14 hours ago, White Shark said:

I don't understand this fierce opposition to the idea that being a lone wolf solo player is profitable or that the Buzzard is one of the most useful vehicles in the game. Again, stop obsessing with PvP. How on earth does a lone wolf solo player have to worry about other players when they're not playing with them? Lol.

As I and many others have said multiple times: we've been playing since day 1 / veteran players. We have 10s / 100s millions in the bank and tons of businesses, vehicles etc. We still even now with all the content in the game consider the Buzzard useful and still use it. We're not trying to trick people or arguing for the sake of it. It's evidenced by our success. 

That's weird because you yourself completely glossed over my comment where I said you can skip playing in a populated session for the bonus. The bonus matters not to me. It doesn't stop me making money.

I don't either.

My antisocial crime oligarch PC also agrees with you  😂

https://i.ibb.co/QKvFR4F/32.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/GV4zVhb/31.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/bHJDdHQ/33.jpg

Edited by PkUnzipper

Hécate-II
9 hours ago, CaliMeatWagon said:

It's still a long term, high risk, high return investment. To fill a large warehouse it takes ~7 hours. That whole time you are not making money (long term) and all that money can be lost in a single sell mission (high risk), but you make $1M+ profit off of the sale (high return)

This is how I judge money making activities. How long does it take to get me to a point I can sell/make money, what are the profit margins, and if I fail, how much time/money/energy do I lose.

It only worth for peoples who play in large crew controlled lobbies at this point. If you are sure nobody will attack you out of +25 players, but at contrary increase the value of your goods simply by being here(and max number of organizations).

I only started to fill and sell LW for myself when I was lvl600 or something, optimally you do it alone because having associates = reduces the High Demand bonus.

thats was often about 2.6 or 2.7 Mio for me.

Otherwise IE+Bunker is just better for solo players, considering anyway you don't get High Demand bonus for exporting cars. (Thus no point to sell cars in random pub lobbies, it just add risks and zero benefits, same applies to Special Items like Film Reel, Golden Minigun...etc). 

I managed to play IE+VIP jobs+filling my large warehouse(Darnell), IIRC on a week I made 6Mio from IE and 2.5/2.7Mio from Darnell.

I agree crates require too much efforts nowadays in comparison to IE. So much penibility for an inferior result. 

Agent 14

Idk but when i first started i would do ceo jobs then i/e and the los santo connection plus bunker sale i would make close to a million everyday i decided to grind solo on mtu lobbies.

PkUnzipper

Professional on top of his game again. He just put this great and quick video guide for the promotion R* has out this week

Billy Russo

I still enjoy doing Contact Missions personally. I'm not sure if it's the fastest method, but literally every mission pays out pretty well now and you can just keep picking new missions from the lobby screen. 

This is basically how I always make my money, maybe with some VIP missions scattered in as well.

se7ensaint
On 1/8/2019 at 1:55 AM, White Shark said:

Looks like this is going to be another thread where we are all offering suggestions but are the only ones reading them 😂 

I've returned to playing online in earnest since 2017, even though i started in 13, and i am reading everything here, and taking notes! I play alone ( no friends in game- i do random things, like run a mission, then go swimming lol), and went through my "baller" and "tycoon " stages, but these are all great ways to get $

luvsthedough

Right now, it's easy to clear over $500k an hour, provided you know what to do. Just run coke, keep a full niteclub & bunker. That alone will make nearly 200k per hour and make sure ta buy the supplies. The 2x on crates is insane. I sell solo @ 60-70 and make $400k an hour just off crates as a result. I also take time off between sale, maybe 8 min an hour, but if I wanted to, I could load up my second large warehouse. Right now, I'm ranging from 450k-700k hourly. The 2x is HUGE. I can collect an average of 13-14 an hour, or more, doing 3x at a time solo. They sell for 38k each usually and cost 6k, so 14 x 32 is $444k. Try to take advantage of stuff on double and when it's not, I use a multifaceted approach for making dough... Nightclub, bunker, coke, cfeit cash and mix in some crates and/or client missions from the terrorbyte. Knowing what youre doing with that will pull in around 325-375k an hour alone, with no bonuses.

Edited by luvsthedough

PkUnzipper

another thing to remember is that 38k per crate value

1.is for double crates. So sale price has now returned to half that now the 2X promo is over.

2 is only if you have a full to some 98% or so full WH.  So if you try to sell your big WH at 50% or 75% full, the value will be different. 

But cost remains the same regardless whether 2X or regular sale. Which is probably why the 2X promo weeks are the best time to grind two WHs back to back, since you minimize the crate cost at double profit. Don't forget to use your workhorse buzzard or OP MK2 if you can afford it (as it's the more durable/maneuverable workhorse vehicle to use on crate pickup missions)

Edited by PkUnzipper

CanadianMuscle

R*'s got a good thing going for them like placing some businesses close together for convenience of location. And i'm all about convenience in this game.

I've obviously mentioned this before, and some would probably agree, that nothing really beats the piecework pay of I/E vehicle cargo. The Terrorbyte helps immensely when it comes to this and brings in some decent bank. I'll tell you about how I like to run my lil' "off the books" operation:

Spawn location is at my El Burro Heights Vehicle Warehouse, and the Terrorbyte is parked across from the garage doors in it's own lil' parking spot, while a Cargobob can be placed nearby the warehouse as well, so you're basically running the entire operation from one place. That saves you time from not having to go all the way back to your CEO Office to source another vehicle. The warehouse can be about 70% full with at least 10 of each type of vehicle: Standard, Mid, Top Range...at this point you can source pretty much just Top Range vehicles so you can sell those at the top of the stack. Leaving some open space in your warehouse will allow you to aquire some vehicles while you wait for another buyer to sell a vehicle to. When you start off, you can do the normal routine and source a vehicle, when you get back with it, you will have a few minutes until you can launch another source mission, at this time I could either chill out in the Nerve Center for a bit or Export a vehicle. Either can be done. In the time it takes to find another buyer for one of your vehicles, you could cover with a few source missions to keep your stock up; and maybe hire associates in the process that'll maybe speed things up a little. You can start Headhunter or Sightseer, and run a client job to pass the time using the Terrorbyte even if you want to actually drive it around instead of leaving it parked at the warehouse.

It's effective for Special Cargo, too. But you don't really get to leave automatically with a helicopter, but if you have a Buzzard handy, you'll do just fine.