2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Dilloncorn

How to make money playing Solo in GTA online?

Dilloncorn

So I just started GTA online and I own absolutely nothing, no warehouses, no MC, no nightclub, nothing. I have bad WiFi and have to play solo. How do I make money in solo while currently owning nothing?

LunaticPandora

Hold up some stores. 

Smokewood

Run contact missions until you earn enough for a buzzard.

Then use buzzard to keep running contact missions until you can afford a CEO office.

Then use the buzzard to keep running contact missions and VIP missions until you can buy a vehicle warehouse.

Profit like crazy!

Beato_dim

After that, you can buy a bunker so you'll be able to add some passive income as well.

kcole4001
Posted (edited)

This guy's got pretty reliable info, it's what got me started:

My only caveat: NEVER sell in populated lobbies, unless they're all your friends.

Never, ever!

Edited by kcole4001

CarimboHanky

play the 2x events

Gaffa
Posted (edited)

When starting out I always suggest people look at the Flight School (all gold medals will award over 200k in total), the bounty challenges with the following hatchet challenge (250k) and the treasure hunt with the following headshot challenge (250k). 

Then as others have said, just join jobs and 2x events until you've got enough to buy something like a Bunker. I'd always take this option than going for the Buzzard early, as the Bunker can earn you money for the Buzzard whilst you're doing absolutely nothing. 

Edited by Gaffa

White Shark

The way I started, as many other veterans, is to simply grind Contact Missions, over and over again.  

Most important rule is to SAVE the money you make.  Do not, repeat, DO NOT waste it on pointless vehicles and super cars.  These are money pits and do not offer anything of value to the game.

The money you save needs to be invested in businesses.  I recommend getting a CEO office first of all.  Once you have this, you can become a CEO and launch CEO missions, which pay out a reliable and regular income.  Again, build up your money.

Next, I would recommend either getting a vehicle warehouse, to enable you to do Import / Export missions which again is a good income, or you can aim to get a Nightclub, which will enable you to buy a Terrorbyte.  The Terrorbyte allows you to launch Terrorbyte Mission which pay good money.

After that, or along the way, get yourself a Buzzard to help make missions more quick and efficient.  You may want to get the Buzzard earlier, but it's personal choice.

Once you have made more money and are in the swing of things, invest in a Bunker, upgrade that, and do Bunker sell missions.

I won't lie, being a brand new starter with no money to your name, it will take a while, but stick at it and you'll be making money in no time.

Golden rule here is:  DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON POINTLESS CARS.  DO NOT BUY SUPER CARS.  

HailHydra

Solo glitches on se7ensins. The most reliable and cost efficient way of making money solo. 

Big Molio
25 minutes ago, White Shark said:

Golden rule here is:  DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON POINTLESS CARS.  DO NOT BUY SUPER CARS.  

Don’t buy a yacht either. Biggest waste of cash in the game. 

Is the Elegy still free when you start? That car was like my best pal for the longest time back in the day.

xDONALDxTRUMPx1
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Dilloncorn said:

So I just started GTA online and I own absolutely nothing, no warehouses, no MC, no nightclub, nothing. I have bad WiFi and have to play solo. How do I make money in solo while currently owning nothing?

If I were in your position, I'd just research the game a little bit, and possible buy the criminal mastermind starter pack. This is only if you have absolutely nothing.

Then, after making this purchase, I'd look at purchasing a shark card to have money in the game. However, research the game and shark cards before you buy.

I will tell you this: don't buy a high rise apartment unless you want to do heists.

So, buy a CEO office, a buzzard, a turreted limo, an Insurgent vehicle, and 5 large CEO warehouses. These elements amount to a CEO-starter pack that Rockstar hasn't officially marketed. Then, just run special cargo crates until you fill up your warehouses and you sell. These actions will give you a lot of money and RP.

Eventually, save up your money to buy a hydra, you will need it eventually.

Eventually, save up your money to buy a nightclub.

DO NOT BUY:

a high rise apartment

a yacht

a super car

For mission grinding, grind the following:

1. Los Santos Connection <-- if you grind this one a certain way, you will get lots of RP and cash. The certain way is a small trick you can do in this level that's programmed into the game. I haven't seen anyone show this trick anywhere, so I assume many don't know about the trick.
  2. Trash Talk <-- if you grind this one, you can blow up trash trucks with no effort at all.
  3. A Titan of a Job <--this one is just fun to do.
  4. Artificial Scarcity<--if you grind this one, you will get a refill of stickybombs to blow up the trucks.
1 hour ago, Big Molio said:

Don’t buy a yacht either. Biggest waste of cash in the game. 

Is the Elegy still free when you start? That car was like my best pal for the longest time back in the day.

Elegy is still free and it is still awesome.

Edited by xDONALDxTRUMPx1

fw3

Nobody wants to hear it, because it's a topic that's been covered endlessly here, but here goes:

1. Grind like everyone else
That's right, spend countless hours of your real life doing races, Survivals, Heists, 2x events, Free Roam events, etc. etc.
After a week of putting in hard time, you'll have a few million to spend. It won't be a lot and it won't get you far, so keep grinding.

2. Buy a danged Shark Card
Everybody wants quick money in this game, but the reality is that without cheating, modding, duping, etc. there really is no quick money.
Except the Shark Cards. Yes, you'll have to spend "real life money," but if you want your money fast, this is the way to go.

3. Cheat, mod, glitch, dupe, etc.
Personally, I have no idea how to do any of these things. I spend my time grinding and I even bought a couple of Shark Cards.
But, I never figured out the quick ways to make money through nefarious means. Some debate whether it's ethical, but hey, $ is $, right?

We're all aware that the game is designed to eat money, both virtual and real; however, if you're content just playing and enjoying the game, while making money as you go, then that's probably the way to go.

Sorry if I don't have anything more invigorating, but this is the reality. Cheers.

crybaby17h16
Posted (edited)

everything available to purchase in the game is made to help you compete with other players or to show off on them so.. solo?

this is gta online, there is no solo, playing solo gonna make you feel like you are an npc. a bored ghost in a paper town.

collecting money and materials in this game gonna ruin you emotionally, its gonna f*ck with your energy and time and comfort.

one day you gonna regret it cuz everyone was working on permanent things on their lives while you were grinding for imaginary items that dissapear whenever you turn off your console.

sweetheart don't throw yourself in this ambush, forget completely about money in this game, play with one call and jump right into the action wherever it takes you..

take only the fun with you

Edited by crybaby17h16

PNutterSammich

I spent a year logging in for bonus cash only on my 2nd character. 

Built up 2 million just after nightlife update.

Bought a bunker at 50% off.

Once I had enough bought security and equipment upgrades.

Built up again and bought nightclub

Built up again and bought mc clubhouse

....bought weed farm

....meth lab

....coke lab

3 more techs.

Xmas 2x event starts and I'm pulling in 2.5mill a day now.

Acct is level 70 and just over 1 year old.

Free buzzard. Free Nightshark.

Not a dime spent in fish cards.

flybar

when I started I took any opportunity to make money such as steeling and selling NPC cars, running missions, holding up stores, taking flight school. When you get 50K you can register as VIP and run VIP missions. There's free Buzzard spawns time from time on LSIA and Sandy Shores airstrip - it's a big help for some VIP missions. Then I bought cheap garage on sale close to Sandy Shores. When I saw an expensive NPC car like Ubermacht or Baller I just drove it to my garage to sell It for 8-9K later.

One day I saved enough money to buy a bunker at 30% off  close to free helicopter spawn at Sandy shores. Helicopters help a lot in supply missions - you move fast and if you get occasional Buzzard you can save on ammo. After I saved some more money I upgraded bunker staff and machinery - then money started came way faster. Up to $175K worth of bunker stock is a one vehicle sale and gives you 250K for Los Santos sale. Bunker works even if you're AFK so if you need money badly you can do 2 sales a day without much effort. Then you buy your own Buzzard or Savage, assault shotgun, and resupply will go fast and easy. When you got enough money buy NC and some MC businesses like coke meth and cash, hangar or CEO office (when it goes on sale) and then NC will generate decent amount of money on the background. It takes some time of course, there's no fast money unless you buy Shark Cards.

xDONALDxTRUMPx1
20 minutes ago, flybar said:

when I started I took any opportunity to make money such as steeling and selling NPC cars, running missions, holding up stores, taking flight school. When you get 50K you can register as VIP and run VIP missions. There's free Buzzard spawns time from time on LSIA and Sandy Shores airstrip - it's a big help for some VIP missions. Then I bought cheap garage on sale close to Sandy Shores. When I saw an expensive NPC car like Ubermacht or Baller I just drove it to my garage to sell It for 8-9K later.

One day I saved enough money to buy a bunker at 30% off  close to free helicopter spawn at Sandy shores. Helicopters help a lot in supply missions - you move fast and if you get occasional Buzzard you can save on ammo. After I saved some more money I upgraded bunker staff and machinery - then money started came way faster. Up to $175K worth of bunker stock is a one vehicle sale and gives you 250K for Los Santos sale. Bunker works even if you're AFK so if you need money badly you can do 2 sales a day without much effort. Then you buy your own Buzzard or Savage, assault shotgun, and resupply will go fast and easy. When you got enough money buy NC and some MC businesses like coke meth and cash, hangar or CEO office (when it goes on sale) and then NC will generate decent amount of money on the background. It takes some time of course, there's no fast money unless you buy Shark Cards.

I like your strategy except hangar cargo only nets you $1 million full, right? That's how much I've received.

REXX

Just to point out, if you are playing solo, don't actually load a "Solo Session" as you are extremely limited to what you can do. Instead, load up an Invite Only session.

God-eater
11 hours ago, Dilloncorn said:

Some great advice in this thread, but the first reply is the best one. 

Just quickly tho - when you say 'solo only', do you mean actual Solo Sessions or do you mean you load into public sessions but are always by yourself?

Big Molio

I'm actually envious of the OP in some ways. Yes, it's hard coming in new to this game so late in the day, but it's also great to be free of the shackles of the high ranking "got everything" character.

I might have to play a bit with my second character, start from scratch.

tasic89

https://twitter.com/tezfunz2

Watch his posts, he post about 2x events.

FIRST - Make a second character until you get a free high end appartment - integrity way or del perro. Every time you get another one, delete it.

2nd - do treasure map and those maude killings. You will get the best meelee weapon and one revolver. And also 500k

3rd - don't buy every weapon in the game ! especially on PC.

4th - You need to play 2x events, like Arena. It will earn you money eventually, it doesn't require money to enter.

5th - Buy Arcadius (integrity) or Maze Bank West (del perro).

6th - Buy La Puerta (one of the most expensive vehicle warehouses, but if you want solo, you want to have the best solo experience with import export, it's the best solo business out there)

p.s. Cargo/crates warehouses are good business, but mind destroying. I would only do it when they are double. Also it can be done solo, sales and sourcing crates, but only on 2x. Or if they offer buy price of crates discount...

p.s.s. if you got insurigent pickup and buzzard for free on 1st character, don't make a second character... Just buy Del Perro or Integrirty way, I am more for IW appartment, because arcadius is super close and in center of the map.

White Shark

Looks like this is going to be another thread where we are all offering suggestions but are the only ones reading them 😂 

Nasty Noodles

I've started a fresh account on pc and like others have said it's a nightmare grinding your arse off just to get a few essentials. I started off doing contact missions, then a vehicle warehouse and bunker. My only issue right now is the boring ass research, 51 items I believe. I've been grinding these out for a week now, only have 25 left but doing the same damn thing every day on gta can become a nightmare lol As long as you have an idea of what you want in the end, a goal if you will I'm sure you'll find the patience to keep on going. 

Sentinel Driver

Making money in GTA Online is investing

you need to make money so you can buy businesses which will form your basis of income

like said before, flight school, Maude's bounties and stone hatchet and challenge and treasure hunt + double action revolver headshots will get you started

I'd invest in a bunker first, it's good steady income. The chumash one is pretty cheap and has good location, buy the staff and equipment upgrades to boost your bunker income

register as a vip and run vip work to earn 20k with jobs that you can finish in 5 minutes with the right tactics and equipment

Lonely-Martin

I know you said solo, but get yourself to rank 25 so you can buy full armour and a couple of decent weapons and a heist apartment with the cash, buy the heavy combat vest, get 3 buddies together and smash the criminal mastermind challenge, loyalty, and in order on original heists. Easiest 12.5m+

Done that twice for me, and once for my lad. Never looked back. :)

Hécate-II
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Sentinel Driver said:

The chumash one is pretty cheap and has good location, buy the staff and equipment upgrades to boost your bunker income

register as a vip and run vip work to earn 20k with jobs that you can finish in 5 minutes with the right tactics and equipment

I find its best for someone really solo(since he has crap internet, peoples will hate him because session split will probably often occurs, I mean session split during heist is raging).

that flexcreator made a good video about it

On PC you can reset the Headhunter cooldown(10minutes) by playing a playlist containing a single job. So you don't even have to play Sightseer or Hostile Takeover. Lets say he cannot already afford a nightclub and terrorbyte to fill the VIP job cooldown with a Client job).

(but that is more for peoples who like aircrafts with explosive rounds ;(

1-bookmark this playlist  https://fr.socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/pc/playlists/playlist/lt9oDQSvPUWYN6RlAtAfdw

2-Play Headhunter normally with your Buzzard

3-Start immediately that CCO3 playlist

3-respawn in free roam

4-Headhunter is available again, cooldown reseted, its only works with HH. 

That way you can play 2 HH in less than 10minutes. 

Edited by Hécate-II

kcole4001
Posted (edited)

On PC, not aware of the details of other platforms, the loading period between doing a playlist is usually at least half of the HH cooldown time, plus if you're using forced solo public sessions, finishing a playlist will plop you in a random public session, no guarantee of it being solo, so more session hopping is often necessary.

It really outweighs the benefits of a cooldown reset in my experience.

I was better off doing Sightseer or other things to spend the time between.

Again, this is on PC using port blocking to achieve solo public sessions.

Really, personal preference will dictate the sequence, some will find some jobs intensely boring, so best to avoid those.

Remember: grinding cash need not be hard work, or even feel like work at all.

It's a game, have fun with it, explore, make yourself laugh with all the silliness that happens in game.

I've only been playing GTAO for a little over a year, and have reached over $130,000,000 through legit play, just taking advantage of double cash events, login bonus weeks (you only have to login and play a few minutes to benefit: login and sell a stolen car for instance...easy peasy!).

I've spent (and wasted!) lots of money, so I'm not just hoarding it.

Find what's most fun and make that part of your money making plan.

Edited by kcole4001

Hécate-II
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, kcole4001 said:

On PC, not aware of the details of other platforms, the loading period between doing a playlist is usually at least half of the HH cooldown time, plus if you're using forced solo public sessions, finishing a playlist will plop you in a random public session, no guarantee of it being solo, so more session hopping is often necessary.

It really outweighs the benefits of a cooldown reset in my experience.

I was better off doing Sightseer or other things to spend the time between.

Again, this is on PC using port blocking to achieve solo public sessions.

yeah, or IO because I don't need to connect to pub sesh locked businesses anyway. 

Entire video I posted was 7min30secondes basicly(played the second headhunter with Hydra in blaine county). Cutted a few parts because useless of playlist animation at the end. 

Well, not for me, game is fast when I'm not depending upon sh*tole country peoples and their crap internet.... Joining starting ending playing that playlist takes less than one minute. 

Edited by Hécate-II

kcole4001
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Hécate-II said:

.... Joining starting ending playing takes less than one minute. 

Sometimes mine is pretty quick, but most often takes at least 1-2 minutes.

I really miss the speed of the days before movie downloading caused all the throttling we've got now.

Most of the movies weren't that good anyway! 🙂

5 minutes ago, Hécate-II said:

yeah, or IO because I don't need to connect to pub sesh locked businesses anyway. 

Invite Only works really well in a character's early days, like you said, when you don't need to be selling bunker, etc.

Ideal for doing VIP jobs, etc.

Edited by kcole4001

flybar
8 hours ago, xDONALDxTRUMPx1 said:

I like your strategy except hangar cargo only nets you $1 million full, right? That's how much I've received.

Hangar gives you possibility to buy aircrafts and gives you free heavy sniper and ammo which is valuable when your level in not high enough to buy it in store. Solo hangar gets one vehicle sale for up to 10 crates or $100,000. Hangar is not as profitable as bunker, but supply missions are fun if you lke flying different aircrafts. So full hangar gives you $500K plus some % bonus if you collect certain cargo type. You got 1M i think because last 2 weeks for hangar and bunee was x2.

Another point for new players - check out Rockstar news and live events every Tuesday and take advantage of in-game discounts, x2 events, sometimes free money or free vehicles for you to just logon etc.