1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

HisNameIsMilad

GTA IV EFLC COMPLETE EDITION REMASTER RELEASE 2022?

HisNameIsMilad

Hey fellow gta gamers , idk if I’m the only one that’s been hoping for a gta 4 remaster or port to the new gen 

some claimed a 10th anniversary remaster on 2018 which already passed (duh) and some said 2019 for Johnny and Luis but I think the complete edition which includes niko as well come out 2012 and therefore maybe means we won’t receive anything until then 

what is your input on this? 

Davao

I'd love a remaster,  but I don't think it will happen to be honest, I have a feeling that Rockstar don't give a damn about GTA IV and more bothered about a game called GTA online. 

HisNameIsMilad

I’ve believed that too but for gta online only? As much as I want to accept that I find it hard to be the reality , I mean I heard it’s easy to remaster or rerealease for a quick buck and if rockstar became greedy why not take advantage of this opportunity?

Davao
1 minute ago, HisNameIsMilad said:

I’ve believed that too but for gta online only? As much as I want to accept that I find it hard to be the reality , I mean I heard it’s easy to remaster or rerealease for a quick buck and if rockstar became greedy why not take advantage of this opportunity?

Not a remaster for GTA online.  They're only bothered about updating it.  I'm not sure a GTA VI will be released, because they can just update online it's easier for them.   

Cheatz/Trickz
Posted (edited)

I used to think absolutely no chance. Now it’s just an extremely slim chance. First I think at some point RDR and RDR2 will be released as a dual pack for the PS5 and Xbox 2 after they have settled in. It’s a toss up as to whether Rockstar decides to bundle IV and V in a similar package. It could even be a IV/RDR pack, with the Episodes and Undead Nightmare it could be a winner, but either way a potential IV remaster won’t be sold alone, that’s a no chance. 

Rockstar North wouldn’t handle it though, at this point GTA 6 will surely have started proper development because GTA Online will have finally started to die.

Edited by Cheatz/Trickz

Zello

Complete edition came out in 2010.

Vladistar_895

Rockstar Games can do a lot of things to do for GTA IV&EFCL remaster,more than a lot of people would expect to make money and fast sales for PS4 and Xbox One,but is GTA Online which is more important to Rockstar than GTA IV.However more than 70% of GTA fans don't play Online anymore and the majority of Online players are people buying V without playing the story(non-GTA fans).Because Rockstar thinks it's easier to make shark cards and an awful Online and recive more money than doing something about IV&EFCL.

Also they didn't cared about Vice City Stories 10th anniversary.

#boycottgtav

#boycottgtaonline

However,I wish Rockstar will do something this year since it's EFCL 10th anniversary and will celebrate IV&EFCL toghether.(unlikely :( )

HisNameIsMilad
6 hours ago, Vladistar_895 said:

Rockstar Games can do a lot of things to do for GTA IV&EFCL remaster,more than a lot of people would expect to make money and fast sales for PS4 and Xbox One,but is GTA Online which is more important to Rockstar than GTA IV.However more than 70% of GTA fans don't play Online anymore and the majority of Online players are people buying V without playing the story(non-GTA fans).Because Rockstar thinks it's easier to make shark cards and an awful Online and recive more money than doing something about IV&EFCL.

#boycottgtav

#boycottgtaonline

However,I wish Rockstar will do something this year since it's EFCL 10th anniversary and will celebrate IV&EFCL toghether.(unlikely :( )

Some solid points there, I too cross my fingers 

Wolver_321
On 1/8/2019 at 9:33 AM, Vladistar_895 said:

#boycottgtav

#boycottgtaonline

Vice City Stories on mobile was probably planned a few years ago but, due to the low amount of sales that LCS/SA/VC/III/CW had on mobile, they might have cancelled it. VCS and LCS for PS4 were both rated by ESRB some months ago, but we still don't know anything about them.

I'd really like to play GTA IV on my PS4, but I'm quite sure that this won't be possible for various reasons... The first one is probably what you've said, GTA Online is still a cash cow and for Rockstar it's way easier to just add some futuristic-overpriced cars: high profits, very simple job. 

Another reason could be the fact that GTA IV is already playable on Xbox One via backwards compatibility and a lot of people wouldn't re-buy the remastered version; but making the remastered version available just on PS4 would be ridiculous.

I could also think about PS3's architecture (CELL) that made games very hard to code for software houses, but considering how many PS3 remasters we had on PS4 I don't think this is a big issue.

That "#boycottgtav" doesn't make so much sense IMO, GTA Online is the real problem, the singleplayer mode hasn't receive an update since a few years (probably since Ill-Gotten-Gains part 2, which was released in summer 2015). 

2022 might actually be the year of GTA VI. GTA IV + EFLC won't get a remaster when such a big game like GTA VI is right around the corner.

I think we can only hope to have backwards compatibility with PS3 titles on PS5, yes graphics and FPS will be awful but I'd already be happy.

Grotti Vigilante

I doubt the GTA IV trilogy will get a remaster. Despite it's large technological and narrative jumps in the GTA series, Rockstar didn't even acknowledge it's ten-year anniversary. Instead, more GTA Online content was given the spotlight. I mean just consider that GTA III got a ten-year release in 2011, then Vice City in 2012, and then San Andreas etc. but notice how that happened before GTA Online? Soon as GTA Online came into the picture, they disregarded even GTA V and it's story DLC. I only wish that casual gamers would just get bored of it already, cause Saints Row Onli... I mean GTA Online doesn't feel like it's for GTA fans anymore.

HisNameIsMilad

Seriously man where did gta online take the entire gta series to? Makes me wonder what will happen after that , will rockstar go back at being a great game developer or change into a money hungry developer 

I too hope for a ps5 backwards compatibility, idk what Sony will do I hope it won’t be something like ps now or another idea of a pay to rent type and one last thing 

I’m sure many of you have seen/heard what R* did for GTA 4 10th anniversary 

Namely those kubrick things 

IF that’s allllll we will ever get for gta 4 then I want some serious explanation with a clear answer , was it the greed? Was it the difficulty? Was it the ignorance? WHAT???

GiveMeLiberty78
18 hours ago, HisNameIsMilad said:

Seriously man where did gta online take the entire gta series to? Makes me wonder what will happen after that , will rockstar go back at being a great game developer or change into a money hungry developer 

I too hope for a ps5 backwards compatibility, idk what Sony will do I hope it won’t be something like ps now or another idea of a pay to rent type and one last thing 

I’m sure many of you have seen/heard what R* did for GTA 4 10th anniversary 

Namely those kubrick things 

IF that’s allllll we will ever get for gta 4 then I want some serious explanation with a clear answer , was it the greed? Was it the difficulty? Was it the ignorance? WHAT???

The more GTA:Online DLC that has been released, the less like GTA this franchise feels; I think that GTA 5 has become a disappointment because of the single player DLC's cancellation and its replacement with GTA:Online content that looks and feels more arcadey with each release and less like the GTA I/we think of.

Maybe it's to do with advancing age (see my join date), but perhaps GTA has become like many other institutions/franchises which has become a bit diluted in terms of content. GTA 5 seemed to be more about content (GTA:Online) and less concerned with storyline (the ending was for me a bit of a flatline with not much else to do, inconsequential after everything that took place in the story arc).

Hopefully with GTA 6, to quote our old acquaintance Niko, things will be different.

Miamivicecity
On 1/10/2019 at 2:54 AM, Grotti Vigilante said:

I doubt the GTA IV trilogy will get a remaster. Despite it's large technological and narrative jumps in the GTA series, Rockstar didn't even acknowledge it's ten-year anniversary. Instead, more GTA Online content was given the spotlight. I mean just consider that GTA III got a ten-year release in 2011, then Vice City in 2012, and then San Andreas etc. but notice how that happened before GTA Online? Soon as GTA Online came into the picture, they disregarded even GTA V and it's story DLC. I only wish that casual gamers would just get bored of it already, cause Saints Row Onli... I mean GTA Online doesn't feel like it's for GTA fans anymore.

I bet in 2023 GTAO gets acknowledged for its 10th anniversary though and probably GTA V. I mean I'm not fan of San Andreas, but it got kinda shafted for its 10th anniversary with a sh*tty mobile port dubbed "remaster" and this was right around the time GTAO was starting to gain some traction. 

Coincidence? I think not. In some ways I'm glad there hasn't been a remaster because I simply don't trust them to give GTA IV/EFLC the justice they deserve when San Andreas fans got cheated with a terrible port. I still have a lot of respect for R* (Since the single player of Red Dead Redemption 2 is a masterpiece), but no doubt some of their business practices have been rather shady since they caught the online/microtranactions bug.

ThatKyloRenGuy

I'd love with all my heart to see GTA IV/EFLC as a remastered classic but unfortunately, R* is too preoccupied with GTA Online. Gag me.

Edited by ThatKyloRenGuy

HisNameIsMilad

Who here thinks that gta 4/eflc will receive ANY word in 2019 since it marks its’ 10th anniversary ? or who here thinks the opposite and that due to either neglecting gta 4 or being too focused with more GTAO or RDR2?

who here hopes for a ps5 BC ? 

Who can recommend a pc that’s low budget just for gta 4 with good performance? Even if that may mean the price will go up but as long as it does 1080p60fps high textures etc 

Davao
1 hour ago, HisNameIsMilad said:

Who here thinks that gta 4/eflc will receive ANY word in 2019 since it marks its’ 10th anniversary ? or who here thinks the opposite and that due to either neglecting gta 4 or being too focused with more GTAO or RDR2?

who here hopes for a ps5 BC ? 

Who can recommend a pc that’s low budget just for gta 4 with good performance? Even if that may mean the price will go up but as long as it does 1080p60fps high textures etc 

I think the opposite,  when GTA SA Remastered came, there wasn't GTA Online then and Rockstar was actually bothered about single player games.   They're are too focused with online now, to be honest.   

Although if RDR 2 was the reason for it being hold up, then maybe we can get some information about it, maybe they was waiting for TLAD and TBGOT 10th anniversary, so they can do it all together.

MostWantedMVP

Bungie just went independent. I wish Rockstar was next.

Zello
1 hour ago, MostWantedMVP said:

Bungie just went independent. I wish Rockstar was next.

It's a bit more tricky for R* since Take Two founded R*.

HisNameIsMilad

I heard of mr benzie but how big of an important role did he play to the developments and overall of GTA’s?

MostWantedMVP
3 hours ago, Zello said:

It's a bit more tricky for R* since Take Two founded R*.

Yeah, I just wish we had more from them like a proper acknowledgement of the GTA IV anniversary.