Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Cardiac

5 seconds to change your loadout?

Recommended Posts

Cardiac

Why do you have like 5 seconds to purchase ammo and change your loadout even though the timer stays on for another 15 seconds before the match starts? Why the f*ck can't I use those 15 seconds to change my loadout? f*cking ridicilous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pocket Fox

It's a limitation of how the networking works for RDRO.

 

After those 5 seconds your character, build, weapons etc need to be saved by the cloud and then carried over to the MP session in a networking process called polymorphication. If the data was to change or be altered during this process it would create data reverberation and you would load in with a randomised mongoloid looking character with random weapons, skills etc.

 

It's like when you purchase online and click 'buy' the data has to be sent and have a digital handshake, if you click refresh (or change the data you are sending in any way), you screw it up and end buying like 9 cat pillows instead of one. TCP/IPv6 is a more stable protocol to avoid nekopillowifcation but it's not standardised yet. We're all still using TCP/IPv4.11 sadly :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheShift

I googled nekopillowifcation 

 

Wasn't familiar with that turn.

 

Well played 

 

GG

I googled nekopillowifcation 

 

Wasn't familiar with that term

 

Well played 

 

GG

2 minutes ago, TheShift said:

 

I googled nekopillowifcation 

 

Wasn't familiar with that term

 

Well played 

 

GG

 

And obviously can't figure out how to edit posts 

 

Well played Internet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryan5252

I actually think it's about 30 seconds. It gives a timer in top right just under "Teams lock in x seconds".

 

While you're looking at the leaderboard from the last match the time is ticking, so if you just skip that straightaway you have more time to change load out and buy ammo. I agree it's ridiculous, especially if I've been hunting in free roam with a Rolling block and forget to swap it out before going into showdowns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ghostdinikillah

Some times it won’t let me do anything. So I end up starting a match with no ammo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryan5252
22 hours ago, Ryan5252 said:

I actually think it's about 30 seconds. It gives a timer in top right just under "Teams lock in x seconds".

Sorry just to correct myself, actually "Teams lock in x seconds" is how long you have to buy ammo and change your load out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bakkerbaard
On 1/5/2019 at 8:23 AM, Pocket Fox said:

It's a limitation of how the networking works for RDRO.

 

After those 5 seconds your character, build, weapons etc need to be saved by the cloud and then carried over to the MP session in a networking process called polymorphication. If the data was to change or be altered during this process it would create data reverberation and you would load in with a randomised mongoloid looking character with random weapons, skills etc.

 

It's like when you purchase online and click 'buy' the data has to be sent and have a digital handshake, if you click refresh (or change the data you are sending in any way), you screw it up and end buying like 9 cat pillows instead of one. TCP/IPv6 is a more stable protocol to avoid nekopillowifcation but it's not standardised yet. We're all still using TCP/IPv4.11 sadly :(

I'm actually buying every word of this.

Even the made up ones like "cat pillows".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.