1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Grotti Vigilante

Who Do You Prefer - Catalina or Trevor Philips?

Who do you prefer?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer?

• Catalina
    • Trevor Philips
    • Love them both equally
    • Hate them both equally

Grotti Vigilante

It might sound like an odd poll to make, but Catalina and Trevor Philips are very similar characters, and sometimes whenever I see a Catalina video, one of the comments I've seen from several people are usually comparing her to Trevor. Both are crazy sociopathic individuals who don't have issues killing or resorting to violence, which has often become a source of criticism from the protagonists. This is a similarity, but one major difference is loyalty. Trevor, while crazy, is loyal to his friends even after they've hurt him (Michael to be exact), while Catalina hasn't any such trait. Whenever someone is no longer useful to her, she'll shoot them (though somehow she's unable to kill them. Claude and Miguel did just fine after her bullets the first time). 

But ultimately, which of these similar characters do you generally prefer, and for what reason? Now I may be of the unpopular opinion here, but in all honesty... I actually quite like Catalina. Don't know why, but while she wasn't well developed in GTA III, I found her to be very entertaining in San Andreas. Talking smack to CJ and making prank calls to him after she leaves him. I just find her oddly delightful in some way. I don't know why, I just can't explain it. Trevor was just "meh" for me. But who do you prefer? Leave your thoughts below and vote.

ThatKyloRenGuy

Catalina and kind of by a long shot. The reason being is because I’ve kinda always liked the “dangerous and feisty” Mediterranean, Eastern European, or Latin American type of woman. I understand how some may say they’re very similar though. However, there’s no doubt about it that Catalina is a lot more seductive than Trevor. I’m sorry but Trevor is kinda up there with Darko Brevic in being one of the ugliest and sloppy looking characters in the whole GTA series IMO.

American Venom

Hate them both. I've gone over how much I hate Trevor, but Catalina to put it in simple terms is just irritating and I couldn't stand how CJ allowed himself to basically be her bitch. If they were both placed on an island and a nuke dropped on them I wouldn't miss either.

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)

I voted for Trevor but I respect both. I already said in countless threads why I like Trevor(favorite protagonist after CJ, Michael and Tommy). Without him GTA V would turn into utter sh*t if you ask me. At the same time I liked how ruthless Catalina was in GTA III. In San Andreas CJ played the role of a bitch smartly to manipulate her into doing jobs and then dumped her for good after better money making opportunities came up in those unknown areas. So in the end both are good characters made by R* and both have their respective purpose but I find more things in Trevor to like in comparison to Catalina which is understandable since he is a protagonist. 

It's a shame they couldn't crossover. Maybe Catalina was Trevor's suitable wife. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Hmmm nice bike
16 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

It's a shame they couldn't crossover. Maybe Catalina was Trevor's suitable wife. 

Catalina and Trevor really would be a match made in hell, though if she tried to double cross him in the same way she did to Claude and Miguel, I hate to think how that would turn out. They'd probably both be dead in the end.

universetwisters

Catalina because Trevor's booty is flat 😠

Lancerator

trevor bekaus catalina is women no jomo🤮

TheSantader25
9 hours ago, Hmmm nice bike said:

Catalina and Trevor really would be a match made in hell, though if she tried to double cross him in the same way she did to Claude and Miguel, I hate to think how that would turn out. They'd probably both be dead in the end.

Catalina has a history of dumping people who seem useless to her. I doubt Trevor can be included in that category since he seems to like doing crimes for the sake of it. He is the companion Catalina never could find. 

Davao

It's a tough one, both are suited to each other IMO. I hate them both as much.. I'd probably go for Trevor as Catalina was a total bitch to CJ and Claude.

FadeAway

Catalina was irritating, though fun, especially in San Andreas. While Trevor was over the top, in some things I couldn't help but laugh with what he said or did. That's about it.

Copcaller

Catalina

Paisan™

They would've made a great husband and wife.

Jeansowaty

Well that's a tough choice but in the end I think I'd go for Trevor. He at least had some funny moments while Catalina was nothing more than a choleric piece of sh*t with absolutely no sense of humor.

watersgta3

I'd definitely go for Trevor. He may be a sociopath, but at least he's intelligent and actually acts his age. Plus he at least has his funny moments and was entertaining.

Although I will say that Catalina should've appeared more often in GTA 3.

muvdafucupouttahere

Trevor easily, because at least he has a f*cking brain.

RDR2Fan101

I think Catalina is kind of better. Trevor sort of just seemed like Rockstar wanted to try to use him for humor purposes, while Catalina’s relationship with Carl and her betrayal of Claude made her a good antagonist. A narcissistic personality who only uses people for their own benefit.

Plus she seems more believable. She seems like that crazy ex-girlfriend your friend told you not to date. Trevor doesn’t feel that believeable, but again just a source of humor to make a ton of jokes from.

It would be cool if we could see a character like Catalina in Gta VI, and make her an antagonist in another game.

Journey_95

Catalina was a bitch..hated her in GTA 3 and especially SA where she made CJ a pussy. Insufferable character honestly.

Trevor is at least entertaining and has a much better voice actor

On 1/15/2019 at 4:40 PM, Paisan™ said:

They would've made a great husband and wife.

One of them would be dead after some time lol

ThatKyloRenGuy

tbh I think both Trevor and Catalina are secretly vampires, lmao. And for the record, see my post towards the top if you want to know my answer, and yes, I still hold onto it, even though I'm saying this and am not gonna repeat it, 😛

Edited by ThatKyloRenGuy

UndeadPotat0

Catalina is more funny to me and seems a bit 2 dimensional whereas Trevor seems all kinds of f*cked up in so many ways so Trevor probably. 

Lioshenka

While I don't particularly like them both, I dislike Catalina less that Trevor.

Trevor indeed was a bit of a meh character and quite hard to figure out. One minute he's blowing up petrol stations and flushing body parts down the toilet, the next he's emotional and romantic with the other characters. But there's no transition between the two states. While it could really be how he is, it seems to me like this is more of R* laziness. He's fun to play as and better suited as a protagonist than the other two.

Catalina on another hand is very predictable, so you can pretty much just ignore her because you know she's going to kill you anyway, but also her missions and dialogues were some of the best. A horrible human being though.

Oh yeah, and for a 15-year old character* she's damn hot.

*15 year old since it was created, not the actual age before you say anything. :miranda:

Edited by Lioshenka

Big Fat Paulie

Both weren't that great, but I preferred Trevor over Catalina because Trevor was entertaining to some degree, Catalina was just annoying in San Andreas and a generic villain in III.

CountdownIIExtinction
Posted (edited)

I prefer Catalina. For several reasons.

Catalina is probably my most favorite GTA character of all time, unless a new crazy bitch is able to take her place in  future GTA.

I can see similarities with Trevor. But yet they are different people.

While Catalina may lack loyalty, she does have her own philosophy, her own values. Trevor didn't seem to have any values or principles at all. Trevor mainly serves as comedic relief and his actions, behavior are over the top. Trevor is a fun character, but often can be too much. Catalina is more down to earth, more realistic. It is kind of cool how she evolves from robbing stores to a Cartel leader.

Perhaps I've been unfair about Trevor. He's a cool character in his own right. Maybe I haven't got to know him enough because I've played SA and  3 more than I've played GTAV.

Still, I'm gonna go with Catalina. I'm not into dudes, dude.

Edited by CountdownIIExtinction