4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

sodoff

Player status, RDO 2019, january.

DonnieVega
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 3:26 PM, Ektope said:

Did you know that each themes have different tents? So the hobo one or survivor theme. They have pretty bad tent without cover for highest level tent. But other themes, they have better tents for highest level one.

I would buy all the themes, to see what all tents look like.

Or just watch a YouTube video and save some money.

Ektope
1 minute ago, DonnieVega said:

Or just watch a YouTube video and save some money.

I like to find out things myself. I just bought all themes like 15 to 20 minutes ago. And highest level tent. Then xbox live achievement popped up for buying 5 camp upgrades...

DonnieVega
1 minute ago, Ektope said:

I like to find out things myself. I just bought all themes like 15 to 20 minutes ago. And highest level tent. Then xbox live achievement popped up for buying 5 camp upgrades...

Yes but you're one of the wealthiest people in RDO right now. So you can just spend everything because there's just not that much to buy.

Us poor people unlock that achievement by buying $50 flags. 😀

4eyedcoupe
37 minutes ago, Ektope said:

And your favorite tent is?....

Ektope
1 hour ago, DonnieVega said:

Yes but you're one of the wealthiest people in RDO right now. So you can just spend everything because there's just not that much to buy.

Us poor people unlock that achievement by buying $50 flags. 😀

I'm not the wealthiest now. Anybody who did a lot of hunting and fishing, they would've earned a LOT more $ money than me. Or more than someone who does showdown series large. I'm poor now. At over $480.00+. But I've pretty much everything there is to collect now. All cards tier III, all pamphlets, all weapons fully upgraded, all camp themes and tent. Black arabian and turkoman. Now there's nothing else to spend on. Except different clothes from time to time. I didn't buy or spam tonics in showdown matches either, so I had a lot more $ money for other things. I would end up saving loads of $ thousand grands, spending on nothing until more stuff comes.

40 minutes ago, Jlindstead said:

And your favorite tent is?....

I don't have a favourite. The travelling orpulance was too tight, not much room for moving around. The same for military surplus. Hobo life one doesn't have a cover. And none of these even have anywhere to 'sit' down. I could do that with lowest level tent though, sitting down.

I'm level 310+ now.

Edited by Ektope

4eyedcoupe
5 minutes ago, Ektope said:

I'm not the wealthiest now. Anybody who did a lot of hunting and fishing, they would've earned a LOT more $ money than me. Or more than someone who does showdown series large. I'm poor now. At over $480.00+. But I've pretty much everything there is to collect now. All cards tier III, all pamphlets, all weapons fully upgraded, all camp themes and tent. Black arabian and turkoman. Now there's nothing else to spend on. Except different clothes from time to time. I didn't buy or spam tonics in showdown matches either, so I had a lot more $ money for other things. I would end up saving loads of $ thousand grands, spending on nothing until more stuff comes.

I don't have a favourite. The travelling orpulance was too tight, not much room for moving around. The same for military surplus. Hobo life one doesn't have a cover. And none of these even have anywhere to 'sit' down. I could do that with lowest level tent though, sitting down.

I'm level 310+ now.

I was leaning toward the standard covered or the military surplus.  They are both similar, but the surplus had a wooden floor.  I'm disappointed about not being able to sit, I like to sit on my little chair outside of my A-frame tent when I regenerating cores.  One question: if you buy each theme, is it a one time purchase?  Or do you lose one theme when you buy a new one and have to pay for it again if you wanted to change back?

Ektope
2 minutes ago, Jlindstead said:

I was leaning toward the standard covered or the military surplus.  They are both similar, but the surplus had a wooden floor.  I'm disappointed about not being able to sit, I like to sit on my little chair outside of my A-frame tent when I regenerating cores.  One question: if you buy each theme, is it a one time purchase?  Or do you lose one theme when you buy a new one and have to pay for it again if you wanted to change back?

It's a one time purchase. So we can pretty much change around themes whenever. Don't really need to pay again. We own them.

4eyedcoupe
14 minutes ago, Ektope said:

It's a one time purchase. So we can pretty much change around themes whenever. Don't really need to pay again. We own them.

Nice!

Sammionna

Just reached level 107, have $2100 and 63 gold stashed away for a rainy day. Not too interested in grinding right now, I have everything I need, including all of the online trophies. Might take a break until they decide to add some REAL content (not battle royale garbage), I wanted to finish my 100% playthrough of single player anyway.

Rokushakubo
2 hours ago, Ektope said:

I'm level 310+ now.

Wow, you have a lot of spare time on your hands.

Red Lynx 23

Got to Rank 55 after clearing out a gang ambush in Amberino, and earned a treasure map. I'll just need to rank up one more time to unlock the lower ranked Turkoman.

XxJazzy42xX

Level 61 $4064 and 20 gold. Satisfied with all the clothes and weapons I currently have and have ability cards, but I will wait to upgrade them because I really didn't need them in the first place for PVP.

Short Term Goal(In the course of the next couple of sessions I'm able to sit down and play): Level 70 and acquire $5500+ (No goal for gold.....just collect as I go.)

Long Term Goal(Not Final Goal): Reach 100+ and acquire $10,000 plus 

Edited by XxJazzy42xX

4eyedcoupe

Level 71  40.26 gold bars $1100, nothing I want to spend gold or $ on.  I also haven't signed on in a few days, it's lost my interest at the moment so I've been playing other games.   

Red Lynx 23

Just hit rank sixty six. Currently trying to save up gold nuggets here and there to afford a Silver Coat Turkoman. I can buy a white coat Arabian right now, but I'm not feeling it. That horse was really skittish in Red Dead Redemption 2, but could just outrun any bears, cougars, and wolves. Not so much in online I would imagine. 

Rokushakubo

Rank 89. All passive abilities to rank 3, 4 dead eye abilities left to max. Once those are done I'll get all the recipes then get fast travel and opulence camp theme then save, save save. 

ThaBirdCoot

rank 111 0.26 gold 212 $ can't be bothered to play very long if no friends are online playing this game now. Could grind hunting but not feeling it, I just by some cosmetics here and there now. Maybe gonna get the poison arrow pamphlet idk 

DrKrankenstein

rank 36 at the moment, got my guns sorted, taking it real slow, i'm just exploring the map,looking for bugs and reporting some feedback. got 1600 in the pocket and about 20 gold. just three more levels and then i can get that half bred. 

Nerfgoth

Rank 41:ish and around thousand dollars!

Got two Schofeilds and a bow!

Just leveling up my cards right now!

Fishing and hunting and doing free roam missions with friends!

Sending feedback and reporting bugs! Just want the beta to be over!

MafiaDesigns

Update: Rank 203, Over $1.6k, all cards maxed out. Gotta say, I absolutely love this game. 

Ektope

All 24 cards tier III. All pamphlets. All weapons fully upgraded. All camp themes and highest level tent. Three horses at level 4 bonding. 222.00+ gold. $21,000.00+ cash. Not gonna keep mentioning what rank I am.

It's february today. The thread says january. Need a new one?

Edited by Ektope

rusbeckia
8 minutes ago, Ektope said:

All 24 cards tier III. All pamphlets. All weapons fully upgraded. All camp themes and highest level tent. Three horses at level 4 bonding. 222.00+ gold. $21,000.00+ cash. Not gonna keep mentioning what rank I am.

It's february today. The thread says january. Need a new one?

what's your main source of income? showdown?

Ektope
1 minute ago, rusbeckia said:

what's your main source of income? showdown?

Yeah. And treasure hunts.

rusbeckia
4 minutes ago, Ektope said:

Yeah. And treasure hunts.

i wish there were more statistics to show you how you've earned your money in online. Last night I checked, and I had 19.000$ earned, and only 8000$ from selling animal parts. and that although I'm most of the time hunting and play missions/showdown only here and there. 
Wouldn't have thought that I've earned more than half of the money overall from stranger/missions/showdowns. 

Ektope
14 minutes ago, rusbeckia said:

i wish there were more statistics to show you how you've earned your money in online. Last night I checked, and I had 19.000$ earned, and only 8000$ from selling animal parts. and that although I'm most of the time hunting and play missions/showdown only here and there. 
Wouldn't have thought that I've earned more than half of the money overall from stranger/missions/showdowns. 

I've earned like, nearly $80,000.00~. And spent more than half, $55,000.00+ on stuff. And some people complain there's not much to buy, or they're "saving".

rusbeckia
12 minutes ago, Ektope said:

I've earned like, nearly $80,000.00~. And spent more than half, $55,000.00+ on stuff. And some people complain there's not much to buy, or they're "saving".

Yea, I don‘t get it either. Of the 19.000$ I‘ve earned, I‘ve spend 18.600$.

at this point in time it only makes sense to invest the money you‘ve earned, since most of the stuff that‘s available right now is really basic and will help you later on, when the 2nd wave of hype breaks through, due to the „official“ release. 

I almost have anything which I wanted to buy, besides ability cards. Maxing them out will be my next goal.

BTW: 80.000 is sick!

Edited by rusbeckia

Nerfgoth
33 minutes ago, Ektope said:

I think gold is the best to have a lot of! And spending the cash wisely! 

Ektope
8 minutes ago, Nerfgoth said:

True.

Some ppl suffer from tonic addiction which is a big $ money sink. Unless gathered.

And tinting weapons in gold? I don't really like it when the original looks better IMO.

rusbeckia
4 minutes ago, Nerfgoth said:

Yes, but tbh, money is made pretty fast rn, I never thought about what I want to spend it for and bought everything that catched my eye, and still never had too less of it. 

4 minutes ago, Ektope said:

True.

Some ppl suffer from tonic addiction which is a big $ money sink. Unless gathered.

And tinting weapons in gold? I don't really like it when the original looks better IMO.

Gold weapons are the tryhard facepaint of RDO. Lol

Fatsanchez

Hey guys, may I use this thread to ask for advice?

I just got to lvl 28 and finally unlocked the Split Point pamphlet, which is my next goal to buy. But I decided to spent my last 350 dollars on Slow and Steady lvl2 instead, I think it would be a better decision.

But the thing I wanted to ask is: is it worth to buy the Schofield? Is it really much  better than the Cattleman? I usually use dual Vulcanics, but I like the revolvers better. So I sometimes use my Cattleman + that custom Double Action from the fence (which isnt good), I havent invested much in weapons besides the Bolt Action and the other upgrades. Do you guys reckon I should get the Schofield? Not sure how much difference it would make since I’m using some buff abilities (horseman 3 and Peak Condition 2 - ready to upgrade to 3 btw). One body shot on a low level took almost 80% of his health bar, so I figure it is very nice damage.

IamCourtney

I bought a second Cattleman back when I unlocked the offhand holster and I haven't felt compelled to upgrade to Schofields. Cattles get the job done just fine for me in free roam but if you're doing a lot of Showdown stuff it might be more worthwhile to go Schofield. Their main advantage is probably how quickly they zero-in to maximum accuracy compared to the other revolvers; good for headshotting. I can't help but feel anything going in those holsters are just placeholders until LeMat revolvers come, but that's just me dreaming.

Also, fwiw, you unlock express rounds only a few levels after the split point pamphlet becomes available. I bought the pamphlet thinking express didn't come until the mid-40 lvl range (I had the requirements confused with high velocity rounds) and now I find the only time I use my splitties is if I've fired all my express rounds before I get a chance to resupply. I still think they're worth getting but I probably would have held off and spent the money elsewhere first had I known otherwise at the time...

Edited by IamCourtney