3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

sodoff

Player status, RDO 2019, january.

10 minutes ago, Jlindstead said:

I only did the A-frame tent, just to give my guy some cover.  only other upgrade I plan at the moment is the "covered" tent, everything else seems pointless, or not even cosmetically appealing.  

I bought the A-frame but it won't let me in.

4eyedcoupe
8 minutes ago, Ektope said:

Did you know that each themes have different tents? So the hobo one or survivor theme. They have pretty bad tent without cover for highest level tent. But other themes, they have better tents for highest level one.

I would buy all the themes, to see what all tents look like.

I did not know that.  I stuck with the default camp theme and grubby Cripps is in his original grubby clothes.  I'll have to do some research and see which themes have the best highest level tent.  Thanks for this info. 

9 minutes ago, 1898 said:

I bought the A-frame but it won't let me in.

Yea, was disappointed, so I just sit in the little chair outside of it....Beats sitting on the ground around the fire, we need logs or something to sit on by the fire.

Fatsanchez

I havent played RDO since Arena wars was released for GTAO. By then I was lvl 23, had somewhat around 1800 (I had just received my UE bonus money) and around 10 gold I think.

Then I decided to play the other day and grind Stranger Missions up to lvl 25 because I was so eager to unlock the second holster and couldnt bother to waste more gold (I’ve spent a lot on useless stuff like gun customization already), and obviously the Slow and steady perk at lvl 24.

So I did, and finally unlocked the holster!!

...only to find out the sawed-off shotgun CLIPS throught it. Man, that was frustrating... there goes my holdout idea... and kinda wasted 111 dollars on the shotty.

well at least I got a second Volcanic for free (UE ftw) and thats my current holdout now, plus my trusty Bolt Action and something else (usually the Carbine, but now guess I’ll use my Pump-Action more often). I havent spent much money on guns yet since the Varmint does it all atm, mostly on gun upgrades.

In the end I decided to upgrade my Ability cards: got A moment to recuperate to lvl2, Necessity Breeds and Paint it Black are ready to lvl2 as well, and I also got Slow and steady lvl1, Come Back Stronger lvl2 and Horseman lvl2 (almost at lvl3) equipped atm. Still have 555 dollars and 7 gold (wasted some on my second volcanic lol, cant help myself). Thinking about getting Peak Condition to stack with Horseman and Slow and Steady, wonder how much damage one can do while on horseback and with Dead-Eye activated?

That69Guy

Level 100, $5,348 cash and 42 gold bars. 7 tier 3 cards and fully upgraded weapons.  Litchfield,  Bolt,  Pump shotgun,  Sawed off shotgun,  Rolling block, Varmint rifle and SF revolver. Camp fully upgraded with traveling opulence theme and blue flag.  Cripps has a traveling opulence outfit.  Free and white Arabian and Pinto fox trotter.

leerocklord

My guy is lvl 15, has about $800 and 30 gold bars.

I don't play it anymore. Bored me rigid.

Red Lynx 23

Just hit rank fifty. Hunting and the gang hideout in Brandywine Drop. Cleared the hideout twice, and got a treasure map both times, plus the free one at rank fifty. I also completed the award where you kill two animals with one stick of dynamite. Good old dynamite fishing.

TheShift
Posted (edited)

I'm at level 24 few hundred in cash and 25 gold bars.

Large camp is up

Up graded all the weapons I have 

My favs being the dual sawed offs.

Tiers 1 and 2 on the first 3 cards

With the holidays/traveling and things I had a couple weeks there were I hardly played..kinda getting back into the normal routine of life

Edited by TheShift

Rokushakubo
11 hours ago, rusbeckia said:

What does the biggest tent cost?

Somewhere in the vicinity of $1500 IIRC, at least that's what my mate said..I think. 

Ektope
1 hour ago, Rokushakubo said:

Somewhere in the vicinity of $1500 IIRC, at least that's what my mate said..I think. 

It's not supposed to be around that much. It was around $800.00 or something.

Rokushakubo
6 hours ago, Ektope said:

It's not supposed to be around that much. It was around $800.00 or something.

I hope you're right mister! :D

*Lola
23 hours ago, Jlindstead said:

we need logs or something to sit on by the fire.

Logs by the fire dlc confirmed.

For a price of 42 gold bars, you and your friends can sit by the fire on new logs and tell cowboy stories to each other.

d1c236cc07c08e7e067a8f4dd6076ddeb4193a96

OT:

Level 122 - $7500 - 115.33 Gold

Spent a lot of money on camp, pamphlets, gun, saddle etc.

Edited by *Lola

RayD70

Lvl 56. 6 Tier 3 cards. All guns I conceivably need (not all guns. Just the ones I'll actually use).

Currently levelling up 2 more cards and then I'll be done for any builds I can imagine. After that, money won't be an issue.

Red Lynx 23

Three quarters of the way to rank fifty one, and unlocking the Mother Hubbard upgraded saddle. I am back in Brandywine Drop, adding fish and certain items to my satchel because of the rampant disconnecting, and clearing out the Willard's Crest gang hideout whenever it spawns.

DrKrankenstein

lvl 21 again 500 in the bank, got my guns back, 15 gold since i bought a paint with 6 of those, so glad i did. next goal is to get to the lvl i can buy the missourri fox trotter, but that's a long way out.

MafiaDesigns

Rank 144, 17 G, and around $1400. I find doing showdown with your friends is so fun. It also makes good money and XP. I average around 4-5 ranks a day doing showdown for about 2-3 hours 

Rykjeklut

Level 6 or there about.

Can't for the life of me get into it.

Meh.

hotrats773

Lvl 54 - About 800 in the bank and just over 40 gold.

I have a couple of ability cards leveled all the way up, can't really tell if they work or not.

I do have the semi-auto shotgun and slugs and holy sh*t, like the American Express card, I never leave home without it.

With that and the fully upgraded bolt, upgraded Litchfield and a few sticks of dynamite, I feel much better in free roam.

clinical oppression

Hit rank 56 and then 57 yesterday . Bought the Turkoman and ditched mr.  skittles . 8 tier 3 cards .....working on slippery bastard now which will likely be my last. 2500 in cash and not paying attention to gold . Just bought small game arrows even though small game critters are basically worthless . Got most of my xp from hunting and resetting awards . I maxed out the animal parts collected and sold to butcher awards  so lately i will join dispatch rider for xp ......I don't even focus on objective ....just heads hits for xp .....which my last match I made over 1000 xp . 

Semaj 2JZ♢

Level 25. $2700 and 40 gold. 9 health, 10 stamina, 7 deadeye.

Avid hunter, fisher, looter and story mission player. Cash is easy to come by and I have everything I want at this point of the base generic content. However, leveling up is akin to going uphill on a turtle...

IamCourtney

Just shy of 55, closing in on Trotter, wondering what to aim for next aside from cards.

johnpolo

I'm sitting at LvL 29 about $400 and 16gold

Have all the guns minus a 2nd Schofield revolver in gold with a pearl grip.

I'm good with my horses.

clinical oppression
7 minutes ago, IamCourtney said:

Just shy of 55, closing in on Trotter, wondering what to aim for next aside from cards.

I will likely pick up a trotter as well , so I guess special pamphlets would be next ..

Gallows

Haven’t played this year at all and won’t unless they create freeaim lobbies. The game because incredibly dull and crap very quickly because of lock on. Had expected freeaim lobbies before new year, but not even a word from R*

Well new games will come out. This one remains dead. They may be able to reanimate it, but not if they wait too long.

Gray-Hand

Level 26.

$400

Spent gold on the fishing lures, gun customisation and rifleman gloves.

Got a nice outfit.

Permanent Posse.

Upgraded to the second tent.

Got all the ‘basic’ and free weapons and also purchased the bolt action, semi auto pistol and two sawed offs and upgraded and customised them. Resisting buying any more because I don’t want to clutter up my weapon wheel.

Spent some money on ability card upgrades.

Riding the free thoroughbred.

Binoculars.

Bought the small game arrows and fire bottle pamphlets.

Pretty much done until some substantive new content comes out.

Edited by Gray-Hand

4eyedcoupe

Just hit level 56, purchased my long awaited Turkoman, named it Conan O'brien,  66.68 gold bars, $3013.76.  I'm going to hang up my spurs for now...

Furi0sa

Went back to a single player a few weeks back. Working on 100 percent, online mode gets bland so fast. Dont know how you guys made it past level 40 if you dont like pvp. I dont play the showdown modes so leveling up is becoming chore like.  

I noticed my entire friends list already abandoned the online mode. Kudos rockstar

Edited by scotthedge12

4eyedcoupe
6 minutes ago, scotthedge12 said:

I noticed my entire friends list already abandoned the online mode. Kudos rockstar

Same here.  Nobody cared for it and they went on to play other games.  I have one friend that signs on to RDRO but he is just trying to catch me.  We all gave up GTA a while ago.  Right now I'm at the point that I'll sign on if a friend tells me they need help, but everyone has found a different game to play, so with my friends not interested, RDRO has lost my interest as well at the moment.  I never did play RDR for PS3, maybe I should get it? 

Furi0sa
1 minute ago, Jlindstead said:

Same here.  Nobody cared for it and they went on to play other games.  I have one friend that signs on to RDRO but he is just trying to catch me.  We all gave up GTA a while ago.  Right now I'm at the point that I'll sign on if a friend tells me they need help, but everyone has found a different game to play, so with my friends not interested, RDRO has lost my interest as well at the moment.  I never did play RDR for PS3, maybe I should get it? 

The xbox one version of red dead one looks so good its nearly a remaster. If you haven't played it I'd recommend it but the missions and character depth will probably feel pretty thin after the masterful story mode of rdr2.

4eyedcoupe
2 minutes ago, scotthedge12 said:

but the missions and character depth will probably feel pretty thin after the masterful story mode of rdr2.

And that's exactly what I'd be afraid of.  I haven't fired up the PS3 in a few years

pro24

Hit level 51 on my female alt. My guy is retired due to hitbox unfairness. Will finish off Slippery Bastard III then retire around 55ish but its hard to grind now. Havent played in almost a week.