1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

sodoff

Player status, RDO 2019, january.

sodoff

Rank 42.

Got all the guns I want.

Actually want to sell off a few of them to "clean up" the weapon wheel.

Any horse will do the job, I like mine just fine.

My dude looks  the part, nice little bowler hat.

Got me a permanent posse with 1 member, honorable. Go Los Lobos Locos....

Joined a community of like-minded recluses.

Got money too. 18 bars and 800 bucks. Nothing to spend it on.

How you doing?

BearChow
2 minutes ago, sodoff said:

Rank 42.

Got all the guns I want.

Actually want to sell off a few of them to "clean up" the weapon wheel.

Any horse will do the job, I like mine just fine.

My dude looks  the part, nice little bowler hat.

Got me a permanent posse with 1 member, honorable. Go Los Lobos Locos....

Joined a community of like-minded recluses.

Got money too. 18 bars and 800 bucks. Nothing to spend it on.

How you doing?

Did you upgrade ability cards.?

I'm lvl 31 just working at upgrading my abilities, have the weps that I want for now and fully upgraded.  My horse is good for now till I unlock some of the elite ones.  So far I'm playing most of strangers missions and trying to get better at showdowns.  

ViciousSpirit

Just fine. Rank 91, all guns and cards i play fully upgraded. Both arabs. $300 cash and lots of express explosive ammo. Try me freemode wannabe griefers

sodoff
2 minutes ago, BearChow said:

Did you upgrade ability cards.?

I'm lvl 31 just working at upgrading my abilities, have the weps that I want for now and fully upgraded.  My horse is good for now till I unlock some of the elite ones.  So far I'm playing most of strangers missions and trying to get better at showdowns.  

3 of 4 ability cards are maxed, the 4th is of dubious quality.

4eyedcoupe

I'm at 42 also, 52.XX gold bars, $2500+ in cash.  I have the things I want so far until the Turkoman unlock and the highest tent upgrade for the camp. I've trickeled out of playing the past few days and have only been hunting/fishing and working on rewards. I shut the game off last night, ran a race in F1 and then ended up putting Wildlands in for a while.  I never did finish that game...

Miketv
18 minutes ago, ViciousSpirit said:

Just fine. Rank 91, all guns and cards i play fully upgraded. Both arabs. $300 cash and lots of express explosive ammo. Try me freemode wannabe griefers

What level does the explosive ammo unlocks?

ViciousSpirit
2 minutes ago, Miketv said:

What level does the explosive ammo unlocks?

90 and the pamphlet costs $1k. U can craft 10 bullets for each weapon type but shotguns. They have fire and explosive ammo as sepperate pamphlets which is my next reason to keep playing this "beta"

Talisman_83
1 hour ago, Jlindstead said:

and then ended up putting Wildlands in for a while.  I never did finish that game...

Aside from the weird vehicle controls, such a brilliant game. Do finish it. Then get the DLCs (especially Fallen Ghosts, but NOT Narco Road)

Jenkiiii

Level 35, and mostly hunting because the grind of stranger missions is too repetitive and boring, and PvP modes in this game are a random mess. I loathe auto-aim, but you have to use it because everyone is dumped into the same lobby, plus it's pretty essential for avid hunters

Bought all five stables, but pointless having more than two horses IMO. Most of the guns do pretty much the same thing, and the main fun i'm having is tweaking my character and weapons the way that suits me.

But I still can't understand why Rockstar released such a bare-bones experience with so much content missing? I really dislike PvP in this game, which leaves nothing left to do besides wander around and hunt until boredom sets in.

DrKrankenstein

was lvl 41, deleted that native cause i didn't like playing with that character, currently at lvl 14 got 1000 dollars on me, spent the gold i had on second holster,and some guns.

can't lvl that fast because of disconnects, and only doing showdowns is not my thing.neither is replaying the same mission with peole who rush trough, so i guess it will be a long time before i am back to 41

BearChow
2 minutes ago, DrKrankenstein said:

was lvl 41, deleted that native cause i didn't like playing with that character, currently at lvl 14 got 1000 dollars on me, spent the gold i had on second holster,and some guns.

can't lvl that fast because of disconnects, and only doing showdowns is not my thing.neither is replaying the same mission with peole who rush trough, so i guess it will be a long time before i am back to 41

Wish they put in an option to change your appearance. Eh?

4eyedcoupe
25 minutes ago, Talisman_83 said:

Aside from the weird vehicle controls, such a brilliant game. Do finish it. Then get the DLCs (especially Fallen Ghosts, but NOT Narco Road)

I agree, the vehicle controls were weird and tough to get used to at the start especially helicopter flying compared to the GTA mechanics of heli flying.  But it was a good game.  I might be wrong, but I think narco road was included with the copy I purchased way back when?  The graphics in 4k during the cut scenes were incredible.  I aslo hear it is currently on sale for dirt cheap at the moment..

simpjkee

Level 60, on my 4th character because I hated the look of my first three. Those first three didn't get past level 10. Got all the guns I want. Done all but one tent upgrade that hasn't unlocked yet. I got all the requirements for the platinum trophy. I do mostly free roam stranger missions, hunting, fishing, herb gathering, etc. Would like to do more gang hideouts. I've begun to find that if I'm playing alone, I start to get bored and feel like I'm in a grind, but when I'm in a posse chatting with other players I can play for hours and be content so I always accept invites. I do get a bit annoyed when a mission finishes and my posse members just start trying to hogtie eachother and stuff so I find the nearest lake and fish or look for herbs or hunt for skins that can go in my satchel while they mess around. Being in a posse seems to be the only thing preventing me from going back to SP right now. I have high hopes for RDO though so I'm looking forward to more content and stuff that I know is coming.

DrKrankenstein
9 minutes ago, BearChow said:

either that or more character slots

Ryan5252
28 minutes ago, BearChow said:

A haircut and new beard isn't changing appearance. In GTA you can change from scratch.

Level 61. $1300 and 30ish gold.

Weapons: Varmint, Rolling block and poison arrows for hunting.

Bolt action express and pump shotgun for entering populous towns.

Ability cards, Slow and Steady, Focus Fire and Silpery bastard Tier III. Passives; Never without one, eye for eye, unblinking eye and peak condition Tier III also. 

I have a few others on Tier II I'm working on in the background as well.

Horse; I have the default pony I never use, the free Arabian and Turkoman. Only use the Turk these days. Upgraded Saddle and stirrups but can't recall off hand what they're called.

Didn't do much to my camp except bought the next tent up from default simply because it's easier to find my wardrobe at night. 

I have 3 outfits on the horse I'm happy with including sheep skin vest and coat for when I venture to the mountains. 

Fairly happy with my progress so far. I would like to be a higher rank but I have no intention of using ladder exploits I simply don't have the patience and want my level to reflect my level of actual gameplay. I spend my time hunting and doing showdown matches which is starting to get a bit boring I must admit but I'm sticking at it for another week or two anyway in the hope that the next update addresses issues and adds both new features and content. I imagine if I get to level 100 and approx $5000 I shouldn't find anything either locked behind level or paywalls.

It's been a full month of RDO which I'm attributing to building a character for the future. I haven't touched GTA in that time and I'm normally a sucker for decent double money events but even the current promotion couldn't tempt me back. 

Talisman_83
30 minutes ago, Jlindstead said:

I agree, the vehicle controls were weird and tough to get used to at the start especially helicopter flying compared to the GTA mechanics of heli flying.  But it was a good game.  I might be wrong, but I think narco road was included with the copy I purchased way back when?  The graphics in 4k during the cut scenes were incredible.  I aslo hear it is currently on sale for dirt cheap at the moment..

Yeah I think Narco Road was part of the season pass, so if you got it with the game then the season pass must've been included.

Really looking forward to the next Ghost Recon! 

Red Lynx 23
Posted (edited)

Grinding my way to rank forty eight, which will unlock the Tiger Stripe Bay Mustang, and Topaderos stirrup.

About five hundred xp to rank up to forty six.

Twenty two hundred dollars and change, fifteen gold and change.

Losing interest in doing challenges, clearing gang hideouts, hunting and fishing, and especially running into griefers. 

No friend only or invite only sessions, so I could just go about grinding and earning money from pelts & carcasses without worrying about those afflicted with small brain syndrome, and headshotting anyone they see with their Varmint Rifles.

Edited by Red Lynx 23
Fixing a typo.

*Lola

Level 101 - $10,500 - 98.02 gold

Just upgraded 4 ability cards, second tier.

Goal: Level 1000. (If possible)

Lonely-Martin

Rank 16 or 17 currently. Played all missions many times and got all trophies except a couple. Got my rod and guns, a second horse, and have around 600-700 bucks stashed. 

Been playing story or GTA:O while I await yo see what's added, needs session choice and so much content to hold my attention but I believe it'll come in time. They just need to sell some gold during the beta as single player sales and GTA:O's successes clearly wasn't enough to invest some into this new online experience.

/s.

DentureDynamite
Posted (edited)

Rank 38, just over $4,000 and 32.x gold.

Couldn't care less about "Ability Cards" (please don't get me started on that utter crap).

Will try and enjoy what there currently is in-game.

There's a lot of potential for amazing game play detail (bounties, jail time, hangings, strategic lock picking, deployable traps, extra environmental hazards like quicksand**), but am not holding my breath believing that Rockstar will take this much beyond where it is now.

** Quicksand has a density of about 2 grams per milliliter, whereas the density of the human body is only about 1 gram per milliliter. At that level of density, sinking in quicksand is impossible. Descending about up to the waist is possible, but not any further.

Edited by DentureDynamite

icefds

I'm rank 99, got $1,700 and 18 gold.

Ingame statistics say, that i've made about $24.000 and 121 goldbars so far.

My last remaining goals:

*Buy the last pamphlet that i want (explosive shotgun shells).

*2 additional ability cards, for a second loadout.

*Farm 40 goldbars, to buy the last clothing items that i want, and change the visuals of two guns (bolt action and pump action).

Have not played the last couple of days. Grinding missions got really boring and i'm not into pvp.

Callahan44
3 minutes ago, DentureDynamite said:

There's a lot of potential for amazing game play detail, but am not holding my breath believing that Rockstar will take this much beyond where it is now.

With every day without any updates im getting more pessimistic. First impression is always important and they leave their fraction of a game nearly untouched for over a month...with the exception of implementing a real cash shop and adjusting some payouts. 

It was clear rd will have a hard time,getting from a to b is part of every mission,and traveling in gta was just a lot more exciting with planes,helis etc. Its similar for other areas of the game. But rd could be much better then gta on other areas. Atm it seems like they arent even trying though...

yeezy203
2 hours ago, Jenkiiii said:

Level 35, and mostly hunting because the grind of stranger missions is too repetitive and boring, and PvP modes in this game are a random mess. I loathe auto-aim, but you have to use it because everyone is dumped into the same lobby, plus it's pretty essential for avid hunters

Bought all five stables, but pointless having more than two horses IMO. Most of the guns do pretty much the same thing, and the main fun i'm having is tweaking my character and weapons the way that suits me.

But I still can't understand why Rockstar released such a bare-bones experience with so much content missing? I really dislike PvP in this game, which leaves nothing left to do besides wander around and hunt until boredom sets in.

I'm pretty much at this level but only level 24. Don't like PVP in this game (probably why I haven't leveled up more) and tired of doing the same 6 or 7 story missions. Extremely bored right now with no new content and better stuff in free roam all I do is hunt and collect herbs mostly. I really have only even made it to this point in an effort to get a jump on everyone else while the game is so dry. First tweet of new content for RDO there will be a tidal wave of try hards so I'm getting ready for that I guess.

DonnieVega
Posted (edited)

Level 67, got all the good stuff, just maxed out the "collect 1000 animal parts" award.

Edited by DonnieVega

Fonshway

Lvl 97, 11 gold bars and about 1k$

I own Double Semi auto pistols, Double sawed offs, The bolt action, The Lancaster, the repeating shotgun and the Semi auto Shotgun. (Kinda regret buying a few of those lol, mainly the repeating shotgun)

Have the ability cards I need maxed to tier 3...

Have the Fox Trotter with the panther saddle. 

What else do I need?

inb4 "a life"

Current goals:

- 5 K/D from showdowns (4.67)

- 1000 Pistols headshot challenge award 

Bakkerbaard

How the hell is everyone leveling up that hard? 

I've only just reached 29 and not for lack of trying.

44 something gold, $3000 and change.

Bought a Bolt Action and a Varmint, both for hunting. Gonna grab a Lancaster and a Pump-Action when the game gets going, probably. Or tomorrow, if I can't contain myself.

Looks are pretty good. Exactly the kind of used up cowboy I was going for, but I hope I get the option someday to change his nose. I never noticed when I was building him, but in broad daylight he turns out to have one of those red booze noses.

AddamHusayin
17 minutes ago, Bakkerbaard said:

How the hell is everyone leveling up that hard? 

I've only just reached 29 and not for lack of trying.

44 something gold, $3000 and change.

Bought a Bolt Action and a Varmint, both for hunting. Gonna grab a Lancaster and a Pump-Action when the game gets going, probably. Or tomorrow, if I can't contain myself.

Looks are pretty good. Exactly the kind of used up cowboy I was going for, but I hope I get the option someday to change his nose. I never noticed when I was building him, but in broad daylight he turns out to have one of those red booze noses.

I'm with you on the whole how is everyone leveling up that fast. Honestly I'm just trying to find time to play the game. Nearly 100% on story mode. Am trying to platinum it. Wish I had more people I actually know to play online. Right now I've found some randoms so it's cool for now. Hopefully DLC will breathe some more life into this game.

Fonshway
Posted (edited)

Playing the showdown series large is how everyone's leveling up so fast. You can get up to 2000 XP (or more) per match, if you kill a lot. Each match is 7 minutes long.

Edited by Fonshway