1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How would you rate GTA V now?

Journey_95

How would you rate GTA V now?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate GTA V now?

billiejoearmstrong8

I'm here :D. It's true that some other GTA games have a longer list of side activities than GTA IV. However, GTA IV still has a decent amount (more than people make out) including a nice selection of crime based activities (assassinations, most wanted, vigilante, two different car theft side missions, drug deliveries, and gang wars/drug wars in EFLC) which GTA V is sorely lacking. 

Anyway, I'm still so conflicted about V due to my impression of it being shattered by playing IV afterwards. I think I'd still give it an 8 out of 10. Annoying and unnecessary obvious downgrades/flaws remove 2 points from the 10/10 I would've given it at one point, but there's also a lot about it that's outstanding and that I enjoy a lot. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
MiamiViceCity1986
11 hours ago, Wolfman_ said:

If the GTA 4 Avengers hear about this you're screwed. Let's keep it quiet while we can.

iBBb5cm.jpg

But with the insertion of “the game captivated me a lot more” into the post that was left out for some reason suggests he still finds GTA IV more preferable anyway and the context is completely changed lol.

Our Avenging services are not required.😉

Now excuse me I have some Captain America matters to attend to.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
  • YEE 1

8/10 for singleplayer, it's a good game but Grand Theft Auto 4 did a lot of things better

Online on the other hand get a 0/10

Edited by The Idiot
  • Like 3

The gameplay is amazing, but the story was so poor compared to other Rockstar titles. I never got connected to any of the 3 main protagonists, but i guess that's because there was 3 this time. But also, i barely remember any villians, because they weren't unique, and they barely played a big role in the game. It's a 5/10 for the story, but since the gameplay is pretty good, and the game does well in other areas, i gotta give it 8/10. For me, this game was a let down going from GTA IV, which is (in my opinion) the best GTA gamer ever made.

Remains a solid 6 in my eyes, last gen version was a 5.

Game is kinda okay-ish, could be better in quite a lot of areas, and I came to the conclusion that I hate all characters in the story mode, with Franklin being the one I find the most bearable purely because I sort of identify myself with him a little(late 20s, single, young adult who is financially broken and is desperately looking for a way to make quick money, is ultimately propped into situations he's not mentally prepared to deal with so he needs constant guidance from others, ultimately doesn't know what to do when a situation gives him a hard choice, is kinda introverted but his best friend is an extrovert who is almost the complete opposite of him, still has feelings for his ex even though she moved on a long ago, growns and learns how to be more assertive over time, etc...).

The Online game I would rank it a bit higher since I created my online avatar based on myself so I don't have to deal with the SP characters...But the game just falls short on so many areas and has so many quality and technical issues, that I can't rate it higher than 5.

Edited by Pedinhuh
  • Like 3

A solid 8/10.

With this trainer, you can get access to most of the vehicles/weapons from GTA:O in SP, but even still, having R* piss all over SP by making all the DLC Online-only keeps it from achieving greatness.

7 out of 10

gunplay is 10/10 shooting was greatly improved from gta iv and now has good animations, reloads and feeling

driving is 10/10 much better than ivs driving more balanced and leveled

checklist missions rating medal system 0/10 maybe personal opinion but this was one of the worst features i hoped would not be carried over

interesting features stripped instead of refined 0/10 restaurants vigilante missions street vendors all gone the friend hangout system is barely in the game anymore.

characters 5/10 michael was the typical irredeemable backstabber snake character franklin had no character and trever was the one interesting character

story 7/10 the story was decent imho only hiccups were the heists were quite tedious and the gameplay cycle go here kill this or do thing and escape but this is most games so it can be forgiven slightly

Its a double edged sword some features were improved greatly and interesting features were just gutted for seemingly no reason.

Singleplayer and online have the it could be a masterpiece if rockstar did x and y which they dont do because they are greedy.

Just now, Jokeman123 said:

9/10, it has a pretty underrated story tbh, map is nice, it should have had a story dlc

Edited by Jokeman123
  • 1 month later...
FortifiedGooner86

My GTA V Rating

The Story:

The story is a weird one. It starts off good with Franklin repossessing cars and Michael postponing his retirement plans to take part in a heist but after that, when Trevor and the FIB come into play, everything falls apart really quickly. Now, saying that, the story does start to pick up again towards the middle part of the game with Brad's coffin reveal over in North Yankton but unfortunately, the drama and tension of "Bury The Hatchet" doesn't last very long and thus, everything falls apart again. As for the three endings, well, what can I say? They're poorly implemented and rushed.

The main cast is incredibly average. Apart from Michael and Lamar, there is nobody else who strikes me as likable. Of course, there's Franklin and Trevor as protagonists but to me personally, they don't get enough character development in the story to warrant a place in my good book. Other then that, the cutscenes and dialogue are memorable. 

The missions are fairly good. Yes, ok, some are extremely restrictive and narrative based but other then those two issues, I found a large majority of them to be action-packed and engaging. Particularly, the heists as they allow for a lot of freedom and variation. 

Overall Rating: 6/10

The Map + Gameplay:

The map is a mixed bag. In some areas, you get an nice cool LA-esque atmosphere with some beautiful scenery and a good considerable amount of interiors to go into but in other areas, you get a complete wasteland that has nothing but sand and a few filler mountains lurking in the background. That's the story of GTA V's map. It just lacks good interiors and eye-catching locations. 

Same goes with the gameplay. It's hit and miss. Whilst I do enjoy the customisation, friend hangouts and Stranger + Freak missions, I can't help but notice that the game is lacking a host of GTA-style activities. You know? Stuff like drug-dealing, pimping and vigilante missions. Those sort of criminal activities would've suited Los Santos and Blaine County down to a tee.

Overall Rating: 8/10

Gameplay Mechanics:

The driving, flying and shooting are all ok but everything else? Nah, very poor. Stealth movement is non-existent. Lowering your back ever so slightly is totally unnecessary and adds nothing to the game whatsoever. The melee combat is atrocious. You can't have a fair fist with any NPC and even if you somehow manage to do so, your opponent will just fall down too easily. In other words: they will drop like a fart in the wind. Speaking of NPC's, they're one of the worst I've seen in a big open-world videogame. In fact, they might be the worst! Randoms are too incompetent with their driving and Cops are too ruthless with their god-like aimbot accuracy. I could go on and on about the gameplay mechanics in GTA V but I'll just stop it here.

Overall Rating: 4/10

The Graphics: 

Well, what can I say? The graphics are incredible and still hold up to this very day.

Overall Rating: 9/10

Multiplayer:

GTA:O is average at best. Yes, it's packed to the rim with content and features but to be completely honest, I don't really care about any of that stuff. Exclusive content like music, properties and vehicles don't inspire me to play the game anymore. Over the past few years, it's gotten boring, stale and repetitive. Things like the constant connection issues, game-breaking glitches, toxic players, microtransactions and unrealistic flying crap make me depressed. It's a shame how far GTA:O has fallen because back in the day, it was a great multiplayer game.

Overall Rating: 5/10

GTA V's Overall Rating: 7/10 - A good game with a lot of flaws.

On 3/25/2021 at 3:06 PM, MrEnigma said:

A solid 8/10.

With this trainer, you can get access to most of the vehicles/weapons from GTA:O in SP, but even still, having R* piss all over SP by making all the DLC Online-only keeps it from achieving greatness.

Can you access the Oppressor MK2 with a trainer in SP?

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2021 at 7:52 AM, ChiroVette said:

Can you access the Oppressor MK2 with a trainer in SP?

Yes. And everything on it works... weapons, boost, etc.

OT: Lately for me I've been reconsidering my harshness with GTA5. It isn't a bad game, I think ultimately this title is my most played and enjoyed GTA since GTA3. It's really grown on me, maybe it's nostalgia for 2013 that drives this, but something has me appreciating the game more lately. However I still think the driving is sh*t and that the sad thing is they can fix most the problems with the handling just by tweaking 6 specific values in the handling meta and by making use of Tyres_Can_Clip flag. The six are BrakeForce, SuspensionReboundDamp, TractionCurveMin, TractionCurveMax, AntiRollBarForce, and LowSpeedTractionLossMult... but I shall digress.

Edited by Yinepi
Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2021 at 8:35 AM, Yinepi said:

Yes. And everything on it works... weapons, boost, etc.

Thanks!

Do you know if you can get the fully upgraded MK II without owning an MOC in SP? Or is the mod that puts this in SP giving the fully upgraded version it by default? I am mostly talking about the lock on missiles, speed/armor/etc.

Edited by ChiroVette
2 hours ago, ChiroVette said:

Thanks!

Do you know if you can get the fully upgraded MK II without owning an MOC in SP? Or is the mod that puts this in SP giving the fully upgraded version it by default? I am mostly talking about the lock on missiles, speed/armor/etc.

Well I use Simple Trainer to spawn Online vehicles in SP. The MOC when spawned in SP functions like a normal vehicle, so it lacks the scripted interior and parking space even if MP in SP maps are enabled, and the bike can't be modded at LSC since it lacks data for that so the only way to get a fully upgraded MK2 is to use the vehicle mods menu of your trainer.

• Like 2
CynicalMexican

7/10. It's still a great game, but it's mediocre compares to previous titles. The weird choices in map design, story that has only 69 missions and suffers from that length, kinda dead environment, nerfed combat system, downgraded physics and removal of injury system (with peds being so damn weak it's a joke), not that great driving and nerfed damage system, not a whole lot of activities, a radio selection that does not mesh well (but a great score), I can point out the flaws.

No game is perfect, but the biggest flaw for me is the lack of new things. GTA V doesn't really do anything amazing or new except look nice and multiple protags.

I give it a three out of ten.

Amazing game engine running an awful game.

• Like 2
  • excuseme 1

9/10 for me, its an outstanding game overall with very few flaws. Even almost 8 years later GTA V holds up with its amazing open world, engaging fun story and solid combat. No open world city since then has been as great as Los Santos

Edited by FanEu7
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 2
4 hours ago, FanEu7 said:

9/10 for me, its an outstanding game overall with very few flaws. Even almost 8 years later GTA V holds up with its amazing open world, engaging fun story and solid combat. No open world city since then has been as great as Los Santos

This is a fact. Opinions apart, it is just incredible how they could just build an amazing world, so big and with lot of different things to do, in the PS3 era.

• Like 3

Still a fun arcade, the storyline have some boring missions, but is still great.

06/10

The first few hours until shortly after the vangelico heist the game is strong but loses focus then. 

Mission tasks differ very much from each other. That said, I still can't remember a mission I like over the top.

But many scenes, chases are heavily scripted, don't like this too much. Don't care much for the protagonists neither. Gta 4 had me more involved. 

It looks beautiful, driving feels good, map is large and versatile. 

Cop system sucks ass. Weapons feel alike, smgs obsolete. Melee sucks ass. No crouching. And weird movements inside a building. 

No clinging onto ledges..

Gta online can be fun

Epsilon missions were fun

• Like 2
On 6/12/2021 at 5:41 PM, HEUL said:

This is a fact. Opinions apart, it is just incredible how they could just build an amazing world, so big and with lot of different things to do, in the PS3 era.

Yeah just imagine what they will do with the new console generation. It will be groundbreaking. No one does open world better than Rockstar, I think more people are realizing that after Cyberpunk and generic bs like Watch Dogs 3

A fair score would be 6, all things considered. It’s very very far from a 10. I still feel like giving it a 6 is kinda high, but I did have a good time with it when it first came out, but even back then I could see the cracks in the game but my excitement with a new title overshadowed my criticism.

and while we’re on the topic, I really really don’t think gta v looks all that good, graphically. I feel like it’s a stylistic and graphical downgrade from IV. It’s higher resolution and SOME of the textures are higher quality but there are so many graphical inconsistencies that the contrast between the good and the bad are much more stark. The character models look uncanny at times and the NPCS and street peds look really bad. Personally I don’t like the lighting effects either.

Edited by REVENGE777
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, REVENGE777 said:

A fair score would be 6, all things considered. It’s very very far from a 10. I still feel like giving it a 6 is kinda high, but I did have a good time with it when it first came out, but even back then I could see the cracks in the game but my excitement with a new title overshadowed my criticism.

and while we’re on the topic, I really really don’t think gta v looks all that good, graphically. I feel like it’s a stylistic and graphical downgrade from IV. It’s higher resolution and SOME of the textures are higher quality but there are so many graphical inconsistencies that the contrast between the good and the bad are much more stark. The character models look uncanny at times and the NPCS and street peds look really bad. Personally I don’t like the lighting effects either.

Now see, I disagree with a 6 rating being fair, but that's because I absolutely hated the single player experience. The only real positives I can give it are regarding the engine and the level of detail. But the story is just too irritating to be worth playing through.

I do agree with you about the uncanny character models. And about it being a downgrade from 4 in many respects. Graphically 5 made great strides over 4 overall, but it also meant a lot of finer details that 4 had were thrown away. The physics are ass (they were also ass in 4, but it was also more comical), the cops lost a lot of depth, you can no longer injure / disarm NPCs, the map layout is awful, and a long list of many other grievances. It's a fantastic engine that allows for an insane amount of detail (I still get blown away by characters only getting wet only where they were in the water, or the way the landscaped grass get squashed underfoot. I also got a lot of good enjoyment using the multiplayer portion as a virtual hangout for my friend (in private sessions, obviously), and I'm glad it has existed for that purpose. But story mode is insufferable and online is unbearable. I tried to replay GTA5's story recently, and I only made it about 30 minutes before I said to myself, "I could be playing solitaire right now and be having more fun."

That's why, to me, a fair score is 3. Maybe I could call it a 5 if I were in an unusually jovial mood, reminiscing with my buddy about the fun we've had ragdolling on the roller coaster and using the zoot gun (the up-n-atomizer) to fling ourselves around - all while being deliberately distracted from remembering all my general experiences with SP and MP.

Obviously, that hasn't been everyone's experience, I get that. But for me, it's one of the worst games of the 2010's. And now the 2020's as well, if it's getting ported to yet another console gen.

39 minutes ago, SM-W said:

That's why, to me, a fair score is 3. Maybe I could call it a 5 if I were in an unusually jovial mood, reminiscing with my buddy about the fun we've had ragdolling on the roller coaster and using the zoot gun (the up-n-atomizer) to fling ourselves around - all while being deliberately distracted from remembering all my general experiences with SP and MP.

Obviously, that hasn't been everyone's experience, I get that. But for me, it's one of the worst games of the 2010's. And now the 2020's as well, if it's getting ported to yet another console gen.

this may be a controversial opinion but I think TBOGT offered a much more coherent OTT experience than what gta v gave us. everything V wanted to do, gay Tony did better.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, FanEu7 said:

Yeah just imagine what they will do with the new console generation. It will be groundbreaking. No one does open world better than Rockstar, I think more people are realizing that after Cyberpunk and generic bs like Watch Dogs 3

They will remaster GTA5 again.