2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Journey_95

How would you rate GTA V now?

How would you rate GTA V now?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate GTA V now?

Pikachu64

i'll say 6, it's a good game but the dummed down ragdoll and cop AI are downgraded for like no reason at all.

story is okay i guess, though if i had to chose one i guess it'd be micheal but i feel like all the characters have their good spots.

Yinepi
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Journey_95 said:

I think starting with GTA 3 the series changed and established a real identity, the other games are an evolution of the formula that was established here. I don't think constant OTT stuff is fun, it gets repetitive pretty quickly & apart from GTA IV the series never took itself that seriously so I don't get this complaint.

They are just balanced and don't jump the shark with OTT crap like Online (even in GTA2 it made more sense since it was supposed to be more futuristic). But as long as the silly sh*t is kept to Online I don't really care. 

But then that forces those that wish to use the OTT content to go online or use mods. Wouldn't it be better to just add them to SP and then let players decide if they want to use them or not?

I get this feeling you're trying to police what players can do because it doesn't fit into your perception of GTA. That mentality isn't benefiting anyone nor allowing the series to progress. It's the same mentality Rockstar is getting sucked into as of late and why GTAV has so many problems with it's design.

Edited by Yinepi

ChiroVette
Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2019 at 9:40 PM, Journey_95 said:

No I think its more about keeping the identity of the franchise. The OTT Saints Row esque stuff just doesn't fit in GTA, I don't care what they do with Online since it sucks anyway but if that sh*t is shoehorned into GTA VI's SP it will be ruined

GTA still kept thing grounded apart from a few missions in V and SA but with Online they jumped the shark and just OTT stuff for the sake of it doesn't make a game more fun at all.

I actually agree with most of this. But I can't really speak to GTAO since I have never gotten into it. Not that I am against what Rockstar did with Online, but as a protest of one, I kind of boycotted it because of the lack of SP support for V. It has always felt to me like, if Rockstar really wanted to turn their Online mode into some hot mess of freemium thuggery, even that could have been fun, and probably is. But SP customers made GTA a staple of gaming, and Rockstar abandoned all SP support in and around 2013, after a few paltry SP offerings. lol I am sure my protest of one has really hurt their billions of dollars in Shark Card sales, too. lol

Still, I also agree strongly with @Yinepi about GTA trying new things. San Andreas was fairly OTT for its time, insofar as Rockstar was able to put things like alien samples, jet-packs, fighter jets parked on a ghetto roof in Ganton lol, Area 69, and so forth. I get that IV is more realistic and intentionally restrictive, in order to foster a sense of being grounded, but as you suggested, that wasn't really the norm for GTA either. Until Rockstar tried it, and now some fans see that as the standard, so to them, V can seem too OTT, even the SP, though you are talking about GTAO.

Still Yinepi's point, if I am interpreting him correctly, is that the OTT stuff is there if you want to use it, but players can choose to play SP as grounded as they please. I can't speak for GTAO, but my sense is that if players want to concentrate purely on heists, earning money, races, and such that perhaps even GTAO can be as grounded or OTT as the player chooses. Which, of course begs the question, who cares if GTAO has the capability now of being either completely batsh*t crazy, OTT or somewhat grounded, if players in a lobby want it to be that way?

Its like all the complaints about the special abilities in SP or all the ammo players can carry in V versus the constricted ammo in IV, or the ability to carry all weapons on one's weapon wheel at the same time. Same with the driving being a lot tighter and less slidey in V Versus IV. None of these things stop a player who is a fan of IV from carrying/using less ammo or less weapons, driving more carefully like you have to in IV, or simply not using the special abilities. Say what you want about Rockstar's Shark Card thuggery, but at least V, and probably even GTAO, give players a choice of what they want the experience to be for them personally to a very large extent.

Edited by ChiroVette

darksats

I had given a rating of 5. i would give san andreas 9.8 it was a revolutionary game at that time. gta v was a big letdown.

billiejoearmstrong8

A year ago I 100% would've given it a 10....then I played GTA IV. It's honestly sad that my opinion of V now goes steadily down by the day lol, but what can I do. I used to enjoy it so much but it just doesn't compare to the game that came before it.

Saint-XCVII
On 6/2/2019 at 4:11 AM, Pikachu64 said:

i'll say 6, it's a good game but the dummed down ragdoll and cop AI are downgraded for like no reason at all.

story is okay i guess, though if i had to chose one i guess it'd be micheal but i feel like all the characters have their good spots.

Being able to play as 3 protagonists lowered the quality of the overall story telling, and it makes me wonder why Rockstar decided to do this.

Pikachu64
23 hours ago, Saint-XCVII said:

Being able to play as 3 protagonists lowered the quality of the overall story telling, and it makes me wonder why Rockstar decided to do this.

that was weird too, it also makes it a pain since you gotta switch from character to character to progress through the story.

though i don't mind it all that much

MARINA

I gave it a 5, GTAO is a mess and GTAV got left in the dust years ago. It feels unfinished.

El Penguin Bobo
37 minutes ago, MARINA said:

I gave it a 5, GTAO is a mess and GTAV got left in the dust years ago. It feels unfinished.

"Unfinished" is a wrong term to use imo. I would say abandoned, but I don't think that's the right word either...