2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Journey_95

How would you rate GTA V now?

How would you rate GTA V now?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate GTA V now?

Failure

A solid 6.

Journey_95
On 1/27/2019 at 9:45 PM, Yinepi said:

This is why I've had to give it a 5/10. I mean GTA has always been like that, but it's gotten worse as the series progressed. The values this series were founded upon were inexcusably compromised with this entry. "Open ended mission structure - complete jobs the way YOU want to." and "Rockstar--Putting the joy back into joy riding!" are two old ones that Rockstar forgot with this entry.

I think a balance is necessary. While GTA V and RDR2 may be a bit too linear at times, I definitely don't want Rockstar to follow the generic Ubisoft type of "choose your own way" formula which makes every mission feel the same and there are no memorable events whatsoever (just compare GTA V/RDR2's missions with Far Cry 5 and Origins for an example)

Motorik

7 out of 10. It's a good game. It's obvious that there was effort in it's development. It's not the piece of garbage many people in this forum says, but neither is the masterpiece that the critic and general public acclaimed. In fact, it grew off me with time.

Caio_Cartaxo
On 1/29/2019 at 3:19 PM, Killerman29 said:

For my it feels unfinished, with some dlcs it could have been more complete, especially with secondary jobs and things to do in this empty map, but instead they decided to cut all sp dlcs and make it into the online, wrong decision

I think the same, for me the game seems unfinished. In 2012 had the story that would be released and then would have an update to give another continuation to the SP. In 2014 after released ended the conversation that the rockstar did not promise this, promised that it would update the game but not at SP. It turned out that we stayed refem to play the GTA online with all kinds of hacker and child. Complicated.

Vladistar_895

GTA V lost everything GTA IV had:great story,realistic phisics,girlfriends,pool,bowling,air hockey,friend relationships(and rewards),the great secondary missions,the detail,DLC'S,...

So GTA V had a bigger map with less detail and an ares it's almost non-unique to other,three protagonists in a boring "friendship" story and weak antagonists,more vehicles,customisation options,more microtransactions,more downloading content,more weapons:but almost everything is usless since customisation is still limited but better than IV(In IV you had other things to do than bother about that),I like more vehicles like planes(In IV the map was small,so why I would care about planes),I like more weapons(In IV I realised very late that had few weapons beacause the few weapons it had were funny and enough);the story could be like GTA IV&EFCL:three strangers in the same city that do things that affects the others;the microtransactions,downloading content and the Online were horrible,and WHERE ARE EPISODES FROM LOS SANTOS??THERE AREN'T?

I would rate GTA V 6/10 because I like the bigger map,some missions,three characters in one game,and weapons but everything is less detailed,less realistic,and worse organised,and Online destroyed GTA

PaddsterG2k3

A 7. A very good game but not a pure 9.5/10 GTA game like it should.

I hate that I had to wait five years from IV, as I was at the time disappointed with it, only to be even more disappointed with V. This isn't just a nostalgia thing - they got key elements of V wrong. Here we are now in the 6th year waiting for VI - waiting a game we can be proud to call a classic GTA.

pizzapizza

About 7~8. There's still nothing to do after beating the game in single player besides insider-trading the stock market.

Laker23

I'm pretty hard on the game but can't deny the fun I had with it, and I do like it a lot. However, once the excitement went away there's far too many flaws for me to rate it higher.

RatedJ

I would say 8. SHARK CARDS NEED TO BE LESS EXPENSIVE, OR AT LEAST MORE GTA MONEY FOR WHAT THEY'RE WORTH!!

ThatKyloRenGuy

A 6.5 but I’ll round it to a 7, :) Just like American Venom, I’ve said it countless times: it’s in deed a good game, but it just isn’t great. The positives still outweigh the negatives. The thing people don’t realize is that just because a game doesn’t have that many likable characters doesn’t automatically make it not a good game. Same goes for books, movies, and TV shows. To all of you guys out there, if you have ever said anything along the lines of “I like the video game/TV show/book/movie more than a certain character” as well as vice versa, then you should give yourself a pat on the back as you said something very intelligent!

Shadowphanto

7/10 for me. I really liked the variety in the missions, with a healthy mix of tailing, shooting and stealth. GTA IV was much less varied in this, most of the missions fell into either "Go there and kill some guys" or "Follow/chase this guy down". Gta V's missions had a lot more variety, biking, stealth, heists, etc. which really added to the game. 

That being said though, the characters just don't cut it for me. My memory of most of the missions before "Mr Philips" was just endless yelling between Michael and his family. Most of what happened after was just Trevor going on endlessly about how Michael betrayed him. I get it, the betrayal was a huge part of the storyline but from a game standpoint repeating it over and over again just makes me it more annoying that fun.

Special mention to the merryweather heist missions for being so god damn slow and boring

danosky

Maybe because I only played recently, but I don't feel so negatively towards this game as many people seem to. I generally had a good time with the game. Sure, it had some weaker storytelling than previous entries and the radio was bad for the most part, but otherwise it was enjoyable. 9 for me.

El Penguin Bobo

A 9 out of 10. It's a pretty decent game.

I think GTA V gets too much hate tbh, and I can see why because of the sh*tfest that is Online. If Online wasn't a thing, then I think GTA V would be more loved today.

I would have really loved a SP DLC by now though.

D T

It pretty much depends. If we're talking about the core gameplay mechanics, they've aged considerably well and still hold up to this day. GTA Online's continued popularity nearly 6 years later remains a testament to this. I can't think of another game (apart from Watch Dogs 2) that has come close to topping what Rockstar North achieved back in 2012-2013. As far as the story and missions go, they've been hot garbage since the day of release. There's literally nothing worthwhile to do in singleplayer after the story is done. For all the sh*t Online gets, it introduced some dope ass mechanics while providing a one of a kind multiplayer experience with years of replayability.

I'd say it's a 11/10 technical achievement, 9/10 online game, and 3/10 singleplayer game.

SOC-WhiskeyCH6

For me is a 10/10.I personally loved the story.It wasn't as good as the story of GTA IV,of course but I loved it nontheless.I have almost 1000 hours played and I spent them replaying the story.And being on the PC,there are the mods so that adds up to the replayability.I just enjoy driving around normally while listening to music or like a maniac while running away from the NOOSE and the feds.I also enjoy breaking into the military base and try to survive as long as I can 🤣

12 hours ago, xXPinguXx said:

I think GTA V gets too much hate tbh, and I can see why because of the sh*tfest that is Online. If Online wasn't a thing, then I think GTA V would be more loved today.

I think that GTA Online could be its own game.

BHX

Around a 9. I find that GTA V is pretty underrated. People like to compare GTA V and GTA IV (both excellent games), which I find wrong. Despite both being GTA games both have different tones and can be enjoyed in different ways. GTA V is a brighter, more colourful game, which has more humour and a relatively light-hearted story. GTA IV is a much darker, grittier game with less humour. It just depends on whether you can enjoy both tones or not. For me I can appreciate the characters and themes of both games equally.

El Penguin Bobo
1 hour ago, SOC-WhiskeyCH6 said:

I think that GTA Online could be its own game.

In my opinion, I think GTAO is it's own game.

SOC-WhiskeyCH6
12 minutes ago, xXPinguXx said:

Yeah it is.Only GTAO gets updates 🤣🤣

JPFL

A solid 8/10. It's a very good GTA game, but it's not my favorite.

Journey_95
On 3/3/2019 at 9:00 AM, El Penguin Bobo said:

It's reputation would have been better if Rockstar didn't screw over SP gamers by teasing SP DLC and then never releasing it. But I agree it's overall a good game and gets way too much hate here. I think it's aging well, I like it more now than I did when I first played it

El Penguin Bobo
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Journey_95 said:

It's reputation would have been better if Rockstar didn't screw over SP gamers by teasing SP DLC and then never releasing it. But I agree it's overall a good game and gets way too much hate here. I think it's aging well, I like it more now than I did when I first played it

Off-topic, but I remember you Journey when I first joined here back in 2017. I wonder what caused you to go offline for some months?

It does get too much hate here, but I'm glad to know that it gets more love outside the forums. I actually didn't like V before, because I joined that hate train, and I never even played it. But once I got my hands on the game, I started to love it. Hopefully some people on the forums can give it another shot and change their opinions about it. If they still think it's not great, can't get mad at them for their own opinion.

The game has indeed aged well. Graphics still hold up til this day, and the game was made for last gen consoles, lol.

Edited by El Penguin Bobo

Journey_95
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, El Penguin Bobo said:

Off-topic, but I remember you Journey when I first joined here back in 2017. I wonder what caused you to go offline for some months?

It does get too much hate here, but I'm glad to know that it gets more love outside the forums. I actually didn't like V before, because I joined that hate train, and I never even played it. But once I got my hands on the game, I started to love it. Hopefully some people on the forums can give it another shot and change their opinions about it. If they still think it's not great, can't get mad at them for their own opinion.

I take some breaks at times when there isn't much to talk about here. I don't have that much free time (currently studying) so I use that time to play other games or watch some tv shows.  

Yeah I think people need to be more open and not expect it to be the same as your favourite GTA game (be it SA or GTA IV etc.),it's definitely a good GTA game on it's own (played it like 4 times since it came out). I think it will be more appreciated here when GTA VI comes out. 

Edited by Journey_95

El Penguin Bobo
Posted (edited)

Thing with V, it wasn't supposed to be the same. It was supposed to be different, and it was their most anticipated project ever. so they had to try something new. People got mad because IV wasn't SA, but who said it was going to be SA? Same for V. Who said it was going to be IV? No one, so you can't really expect things to be the same always.

Like I've stated before, I won't be surprised if VI got hate because it wasn't V, at least on these forums.

Edited by El Penguin Bobo
Added more stuff.

perennial

7.5 or 8/10. Still a solid entry in the series, maybe I've been too harsh on it.

Beato_dim
On 3/4/2019 at 12:55 AM, El Penguin Bobo said:

I don't know, I think all this 'Online is a separate game' is more of a marketing trick/crap by Rockstar; GTAO is an online mode of GTA V, that's what it is.

iiCriminnaaL 49

6.75 to 7/10.

bb292

The fact that I am still playing it after so much time... it feels like 10/10!

tranceking26

7 because all  the bloody content went to online only.

Think how great V could have been.

El Penguin Bobo
55 minutes ago, tranceking26 said:

7 because all  the bloody content went to online only.

Think how great V could have been.

Right, it would have been a legitimate masterpiece if some of the Online content went to SP....

The game on its own is fine, but it could be so much better with the content Online is getting. (minus the flying bikes and stuff, no one wants that sh*t.)

SonOfLiberty
5 hours ago, El Penguin Bobo said:

Right, it would have been a legitimate masterpiece if some of the Online content went to SP....

There are only a few things I'd like from GTAO in GTA V, but all that Saints Row-ish/futuristic sh*t can stay.