3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

DLKnives

No update, getting bored.

Accendo

I just want them to finish the story missions so that I can play them and then go back to playing other, better multiplayer games.

DLKnives
On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 3:43 PM, Madvillain said:

someone on here said there was going to be a update tomorrow 

I guess that was bad info, nothing today that I could see.

If it's true that they've been on vacation for 2 weeks until the 3rd then we won't see an update for a while IMHO.

Bakkerbaard

You know, Snoopy once said: "The backdoor never opens when you're looking at it."

Best thing to do would be play other stuff while Rockstar lines up all the stuff.

Ofcourse, saying that makes me a hypocrite. I've been playing since day one as well and I keep on playing. Mostly because I need to level up still and I figure it's a good idea to have some currency ready to go.

Besides, the only proper levelling I can do on my own merits is Stranger Missions, so the less people playing, the less people in my session, the more missions I can grind.

7 hours ago, Smokewood said:

I got bored and stopped at level 12... what the hell is wrong with you people?

lol

Meth

Emmi

Stopped playing the game around mid December and I don't see myself playing it ever again to be honest.

Pressure Drop
2 hours ago, Emmi said:

Stopped playing the game around mid December and I don't see myself playing it ever again to be honest.

As soon as the first update drops, you will be straight back on.

Chrismads
Posted (edited)

I must admit I thought to myself; its a beta, cut them some slack. You can't compare the content to gtao which didn't release as a Beta.

But since they released mtx, thats kind of contradicting the Beta stamp imo.

Definitely lost some respect for R* there.

That being said, I still got some faith left in R* and honestly I think (hope for their sake) that the next update will blow our minds. 

Edited by Chrismads

SteelxCity43
17 hours ago, aurther61287 said:

It wasnt great months later lol

It took at least 2 year to get decent. Imo it didnt get great until heists and content adds after heists.

Heists came out in what 2015? Gtao launched 2013.

2 years before good content was added. The time spent by rockstar first year was stability,port to xboxone/pc  and fixing money glitches and hacker exploits.

Make no mistake gtao was not great at all after first few months the beach bum content was a joke of an early update. St. Valentines day massacre added like a new gun few cars a tiny bit new mission content. Most early updates were weak they mostly focused on fixing the glitches enabling guys like me who boosted to 120 in first 2 weeks gtao and stack millions of cash quick.

Look at gtao content it didnt get great until after they released shark cards.

Sad reality is if company has a choice between keeping 10k gamers playing their game that spend average 50 bucks a month on gtao or retain 100k gamers online but only 1k then feel need to spend on gold bars.

Company stance is everytime go with the $$.

Doesnt matter if they make 90k quit playing cause grind is too much for too little. They keep 10k who willing to pay to bypass grind. They choose the 10k paying base over the 100k non paying base.

And truth is easier the grind or less time consuming means less people buy shark cards. Which is why you will never see rockstar be for the players ever again because now it's just about the $$ 

Gtao great after months lol. Yeah like 20 months. 

You seem to thrive on negativity, miss me with that. 

14 hours ago, Smokewood said:

what?

Read the post 3 above yours....

How about you do your own research, and stop believing what other people tell you. To start, Google "GTA online launch." 

Ryan5252
15 hours ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

I really wonder how people are "already" rank 80+ or even 100+. I was late to the "beta" party, started 10 days in, right now I'm close to rank 25 and it was a loooong road. I cannot see myself doing what I curently do to get to rank 50 even....never!

how did people do/endure it really?!

Don't forget when online first launched alot of players where AFK'ing showdown series and Races. That stopped when R* patched it (rightly so) in the first patch. Since then the click bait Tubers had to invent "New XP unlimited glitch" which is where this cop shooting nonsense came from. I really do laugh at players when I see them doing it. 

rusbeckia
24 minutes ago, Ryan5252 said:

Don't forget when online first launched alot of players where AFK'ing showdown series and Races. That stopped when R* patched it (rightly so) in the first patch. Since then the click bait Tubers had to invent "New XP unlimited glitch" which is where this cop shooting nonsense came from. I really do laugh at players when I see them doing it. 

Yea it‘s just so pathetic... 

people need to get that showdown is the best way to level up. 2 matches won is almost a level.  

Or repeat the last story mission to the last checkpoint. Gives you easy 2000xp per run. Can‘t seem to find anyone to do this again, though. If anyone on PS4 wants to do that PM me. It‘s good melee training also haha

*Lola
8 hours ago, Bakkerbaard said:

"The backdoor never opens when you're looking at it."

That sounds dirty.

Ektope
1 hour ago, rusbeckia said:

people need to get that showdown is the best way to level up. 2 matches won is almost a level.

That might be true for lower levels. Higher up, it takes way longer.

rusbeckia
14 minutes ago, Ektope said:

That might be true for lower levels. Higher up, it takes way longer.

Of course, but generally it‘s the best way to gain XP right now. 

And the difference to higher levels is not that big. 

Lvl40 is around 4500xp and lvl 50 around 5000xp if I recall correctly. 

Ektope
Just now, rusbeckia said:

Of course, but generally it‘s the best way to gain XP right now. 

And the difference to higher levels is not that big. 

Lvl40 is around 4500xp and lvl 50 around 5000xp if I recall correctly. 

14,200 XP at Level 261.

Pocket Fox

The lack of passive/invite lobbies and the absolute terrible spawns are wearing so very very thin with me right now.

R* said they'd add something in the next patch, but I'm not holding out much hope for anything even remotely competent based on how terrible some base mechanics are right now.

All I am saying is, when I exit a mission, I don't want to be placed between THREE posses of 4 players each having a god damn blood feud!

'oh but after 4 deaths you can parley'  THREE POSSES!!! 3-4 players in each!

I had a simple task in mind, my white Arabian (Popcorn) is bugged. She is ALWAYS at 0 cores. All I wanted to do was give her a feed, take her to stable and swap her out. Load in from a mission into the blood feud...

40 minutes of non-stop PvP free roam idiocy, I was still nowhere closer to achieving this simple mundane goal.

afriendlyreddot

Got so bored I drove a whole hour to upstate GA just to grab a PS2 Slim, Max Payne and Silent Hill 2. Now I remember why I liked video games in the first place.

Regardless I pop online or in here from time to time to see if free-aim has been addressed amongst the plethora of other things missing or generally overlooked, but yeah not much there unfortunately.

Stretch188
2 hours ago, Ryan5252 said:

Lol right!

I really dont get why people play these games sometimes.

I had an acquaintance who would spend hours slaughtering pigs because it was the quickest way to make cash. I always passed, but would play with him here or there.

I finally got him to do a stranger mission with me, and at the end (after he wasted a bunch of time, delaying the mission completion by about 5 minutes) he complained that we could be making way more money in showdowns or slaughtering pigs. I said he was probably right, but this was funner for me, as I find AA PVP infuriating and slaughtering pigs kind of disturbing.

He asked me how much money I had, and having just finished a shopping spree, I was under 40 dollars or so.

He laughed,and when I explained why, he was confused, what did I even spend it on? Theres nothing to buy! He exclaimed.

Which I disagreed with, but if that was his POV, then why was he spending literally hours a day slaughtering pigs "so that he could make money fast".

When I asked him, he got quiet, left the session, and doesnt like playing with me anymore lol.

pro24

Easy to get bored in a shooter type game when the game aims for you.

rusbeckia
31 minutes ago, Ektope said:

14,200 XP at Level 261.

Lol. That’s considerably more. However, I don‘t know why I would even care about ranking up more than lvl 100. everything beyond that is good, but nothing worth grinding for imo

Spiffy McNugget

The people complaining about lack of content are forgetting it took GTAO years to build up all the content.

And the people who think that justifies the game being boring already are forgetting GTA IV, RDR1 and MP3 all had less content then RDRO currently has and those games where more fun than RDO currently is.

You should be able to log on right now and have fun playing the pvp or pve modes that are currently available.  The vanilla base game should be enough fun by itself but its not.

Dr.Rosenthal

@Spiffy McNugget Every time I try and join a showdown with my posse we get thrown into different teams so first of all, that needs fixing. It’s fun fighting against your friends every now and then but the fact that we get put into different teams as well as one of us is being thrown in on his own with only one other random teammember, and some other team gets 5 members on their team make it so it doesn’t really feel worth trying even.

And you can’t really compare RDO to RDR1, GTAIV or MP3. Those games released years ago, almost a decade ago. You’d think that game developers would try and evolve the gameplay of their multiplayer games.

Everything else is evolving (graphics, storytelling, interactivity, mo-cap and overall attention to detail) but still here we are 10 years later still waiting on a deathmatch to start up almost like it’s 1997 again.

Don’t get me wrong though; DM’s should still exist and if they work properly they can be great fun, but why not take the free mode to next level and let us roleplay more? There’s too much superficial fluff and too little depth. It’s sad waiting 8 years for a game and when it releases it has pretty much the same exact gameplay as it did 8 years back.

Still, I guess R* can release updates to make it better (in the same manner as free mode VIP work, I/E etc opened up GTAO and made it feel more alive) but the fact that RDO was released in the state it’s in says a bit about the developers ambition. I love R*’s games but it’s clear that they have a lot more ambition, ingenuity and drive when it comes to SP than they have making the MP components. I just hope they get a lot of good feedback and really try to make the best of it.

FreeMaxB585
Posted (edited)

not bored at all but only play with posse a few nights a week. tons of stranger missions to do and all showdown games are fun

we all gotta keep in mind its only a beta mode. the full content isnt released yet

5 hours ago, rusbeckia said:

Or repeat the last story mission to the last checkpoint. Gives you easy 2000xp per run. Can‘t seem to find anyone to do this again, though. If anyone on PS4 wants to do that PM me. It‘s good melee training also haha

no offense but I just hate doing that. a guy my posse joined with was. its just honestly not fun to me. id rather play it proper and earn things the way its meant. makes it more fun and rewarding when you level up and get what you want. But to each their own

3 hours ago, Stretch188 said:

Lol right!

I really dont get why people play these games sometimes.

I had an acquaintance who would spend hours slaughtering pigs because it was the quickest way to make cash. I always passed, but would play with him here or there.

I finally got him to do a stranger mission with me, and at the end (after he wasted a bunch of time, delaying the mission completion by about 5 minutes) he complained that we could be making way more money in showdowns or slaughtering pigs. I said he was probably right, but this was funner for me, as I find AA PVP infuriating and slaughtering pigs kind of disturbing.

He asked me how much money I had, and having just finished a shopping spree, I was under 40 dollars or so.

He laughed,and when I explained why, he was confused, what did I even spend it on? Theres nothing to buy! He exclaimed.

Which I disagreed with, but if that was his POV, then why was he spending literally hours a day slaughtering pigs "so that he could make money fast".

When I asked him, he got quiet, left the session, and doesnt like playing with me anymore lol.

lmao yea and the people who do that get so high up and then complain there isnt enough things to buy and get

8 hours ago, Chrismads said:

I must admit I thought to myself; its a beta, cut them some slack. You can't compare the content to gtao which didn't release as a Beta.

But since they released mtx, thats kind of contradicting the Beta stamp imo.

Definitely lost some respect for R* there.

That being said, I still got some faith left in R* and honestly I think (hope for their sake) that the next update will blow our minds. 

its still a beta tho. already was said that there is a crap more story missions to come. (the other 3 guys to kill for that lady and your revenge) and missions in between them. A lot more strangers will be coming to. We know Guarma will have missions. and A lot more maps will be coming to

Edited by FreeMaxB585

rusbeckia
6 minutes ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

no offense but I just hate doing that. a guy my posse joined with was. its just honestly not fun to me. id rather play it proper and earn things the way its meant. makes it more fun and rewarding when you level up and get what you want. But to each their own

True. Just did it once to rank up 3 lvls fast to buy that springfield!

FreeMaxB585
22 hours ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

I really wonder how people are "already" rank 80+ or even 100+. I was late to the "beta" party, started 10 days in, right now I'm close to rank 25 and it was a loooong road. I cannot see myself doing what I curently do to get to rank 50 even....never!

how did people do/endure it really?!

Keep doing it that way. Its much more fun and rewarding when you get what you were waiting for when done the right way. xp glitches and quick rank ups makes it boring for me. lame

22 hours ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

I’m rank 42 and if I’d play any more than I already do I’d definitely burn myself out, no question. So, I don’t know how people do it - and more importantly I don’t see the point of doing it. Isn’t it nicer to know there are unlocks up ahead that you can strive for? Hell, I almost feel already like I’m doing it all too fast.

Exactly. The posse with my friends we only play a few days a week usually the weekends. So its something to look forward to. So much more fun when been waiting all week to play. If played every single night for 6-7 hours I would get bored faster. But there is so much fun sh*t to us one night do a bunch of stranger missions or stories and next night showdown series

Leveling up quick with glitches or quick xp things would ruin it for me. Luckily my whole posse agrees. Its much much much more rewarding when do it the right way and finally level up and get what you have been waiting for. If just boosted right up it would be dull knowing I have everything and there is nothing to look forward to. Its funny when I see some people complain like my cousin, that there isnt enough things to buy and has too much $$ and gold and he has everything at rank 85. Because he chose to xp glitch. It would ruin everything for me

On 1/4/2019 at 8:55 AM, AUScowboy said:

This would be a halfway valid argument if there weren't only 3 activities to do in the game. Really, name another activity besides hunting, racing and PvP... pro tip, fishing is included in hunting ;)

Where are the missions and minigames, gambling, heck you can't even go to shows at theaters, how hard could that be to bring over from SP? I mean, even basic sh*t like fishing from boats and being able to cook and eat fish are not available for some reason. Either they're dumb, lazy, or put RDO out WAAAAAY before it was close to ready..

I think all that stuff is coming. The point of the beta to them was mainly to test the servers out. make sure the game play is smooth. that the showdown series run properly. pretty much getting all the basics down. majority of the workers and the work was put towards the SP and it showed. Now they can call work on the online only. They will start to polish up and transition everything

10 minutes ago, rusbeckia said:

True. Just did it once to rank up 3 lvls fast to buy that springfield!

Yea I dont consider that lame. Just when people do it to get up 20-30 levels and spend there whole night doing so. And then start to get sad there isnt much left to buy and look forward to

Ektope
3 hours ago, rusbeckia said:

Lol. That’s considerably more. However, I don‘t know why I would even care about ranking up more than lvl 100. everything beyond that is good, but nothing worth grinding for imo

It's like why people even bothered going past Rank 120 in GTA Online. Some got past Rank 750 for Golden Globe. Some over Rank 1,000.

Ektope
1 hour ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

Every time I try and join a showdown with my posse we get thrown into different teams so first of all, that needs fixing. It’s fun fighting against your friends every now and then but the fact that we get put into different teams as well as one of us is being thrown in on his own with only one other random teammember, and some other team gets 5 members on their team make it so it doesn’t really feel worth trying even.

Do you know why this happens? Says there's a showdown match with blue, turquoise, green, yellow, purple, brown, orange, pink. Eight teams. Three players in each eight teams. Twenty four players. Say your posse has four players altogether. Which team are you all gonna join? Let's say your whole posse joined the blue team. That would make it three existing players plus your four posse members equals seven players in blue team. That's heavily unbalanced. While other teams got three people in each. I've seen someone in my team get some points in name your weapon, only for the game to move them into a different team. The guy left the session and I did literally feel bad for him. So, you see. It's for team balancing.

Ektope
1 hour ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

lmao yea and the people who do that get so high up and then complain there isnt enough things to buy and get

9 hours ago, Chrismads said:

The level 263 here isn't complaining. I've still got some things to buy like remaining weapons, horse pamphlets and camp upgrades. Where'd you even get your sources from? The guys that do hunting and fishing are not high levels. They would tend to have the most money. And gold. They can just spend real money on that.

1 hour ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

We know Guarma will have missions. and A lot more maps will be coming to

How'd you know this?

Madvillain
27 minutes ago, Ektope said:

It's like why people even bothered going past Rank 120 in GTA Online. Some got past Rank 750 for Golden Globe. Some over Rank 1,000.

You know how in Red Dead 1 where you had a charm above your characters head? they will should probably have a way to prestige so after a certain rank you can choose to start over and you must have a certain prestige to buy certain items/rewards that should be better than going beyond level 100

besides this is Rockstars first beta with Red Dead and its really one big test. 

Ektope
6 minutes ago, Madvillain said:

You know how in Red Dead 1 where you had a charm above your characters head? they will should probably have a way to prestige so after a certain rank you can choose to start over and you must have a certain prestige to buy certain items/rewards that should be better than going beyond level 100

besides this is Rockstars first beta with Red Dead and its really one big test. 

I never played RD 1 but I don't think they'll do that.

FreeMaxB585
11 minutes ago, Ektope said:

The level 263 here isn't complaining. I've still got some things to buy like remaining weapons, horse pamphlets and camp upgrades. Where'd you even get your sources from? The guys that do hunting and fishing are not high levels. They would tend to have the most money. And gold. They can just spend real money on that.

How'd you know this?

Being that people can go to Gurama right now and hunt and it has npc's walking around its pretty clear some missions will be there. 

Also if someone is a 262 they did something cheap but thats fine lol.

Im just saying that anyone who gets a high level by exploits should not complain they have everything and they are bored. Because the most fun thing is working to get what you want, with stranger missions with friends, showdowns etc. And then when finally rewarded with the level where you can get what you have been waiting for is the best thing about online. The ones who dont choose to do it that way will get bored quick because there is nothing to work towards.

I am glad they did gold the way they did. Cause if it was not level based some people would just spend $ on arabians etc and then bitch that nothing is left to work for