3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

DLKnives

No update, getting bored.

clinical oppression

I'm sure if I had more time to play I'd be getting bored too. As of the last week and the next 2 weeks I'm looking at an hour per day play time .  I have things to work for still at level 43 but when a bit more free time opens up for me and there still no update .....I'll be off to gtao to go on a spending spree with my 150 M 

Lonely-Martin
1 hour ago, simpjkee said:

That's every company's stance in the history of companies. Companies don't have feelings. They don't make moral decisions. They are created to maximize profit and that is their only goal.

True. But many companies also look to offer more to attract a more diverse audience/customer base in order to maximise potential revenue too.

If too many get bored and walk, and if R* don't make expectations, it could hamper things long term here too. R* themselves could choose to, or be forced from the board above, to move on. GTA allows for so many styles of player with a far broader range of activities from day one, card sales far exceeded expectations leading to even more unexpected growth and longevity. This game is so limited that people are showing to play less, or less play at all. Means a smaller potential revenue.

That's not maximising revenue, lol. It's limiting its potential and for many of the more casual players, you only get one chance to cast a first impression before they move on too.

Madvillain
9 hours ago, Ryan5252 said:

Who said this? And where?

not going to name names but someone in the bitching & moan thread 

by the look of things seems like they was just making it up

ThaBirdCoot

Meh, I'm still playing don't care about other games atm, and I doubt I will once updates start rolling out frequently. 

AUScowboy

I'm pretty surprised they haven't even mentioned an upcoming update. They've been Red Dead Radio Silent over two weeks..

Pressure Drop
1 hour ago, aurther61287 said:

It took at least 2 year to get decent. Imo it didnt get great until heists and content adds after heists.

Heists came out in what 2015? Gtao launched 2013.

2 years before good content was added.

You're completely wrong about that, Beach Bum was a great update, adding around 14 new and affordable cars among other stuff.
GTA had a lot of good content before the first update even came out. Surivival, Contact Missions, Races, customising cars and clothes, PVP. It had a lot of content. What you posted shows that either you didn't even play the game for the first year, or you were a lone wolf with no organised crew or group of people who make the game twice as good. Did you spend time in freemode just going round shooting others by any chance.

No good content for 2 years, LOL, the content creator came out in the first few months after the game launched. Have a word with yourself if you think the content creator was not "good content" - it was probably the best update ever released for GTA.

The FoolYT

In terms of content that dropped for GTA V, i would say that heists was the first memorable one, sure beach bums was an alright update but it was nothing big or major or long lasting in my eyes. Content creator was a very good addition (the races some people made were excellent)

RDROnline doesn't really have repeatable fun activities really and no side activities like gambling or even bounty hunting (staple of first Red Dead Online) I wouldn't even mind land grabs being in the game or something like that but as it is, Red Dead Online feels rather dead.

Callahan44
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, The FoolYT said:

In terms of content that dropped for GTA V, i would say that heists was the first memorable one, sure beach bums was an alright update but it was nothing big or major or long lasting in my eyes. Content creator was a very good addition (the races some people made were excellent)

RDROnline doesn't really have repeatable fun activities really and no side activities like gambling or even bounty hunting (staple of first Red Dead Online) I wouldn't even mind land grabs being in the game or something like that but as it is, Red Dead Online feels rather dead.

Content creator was the best update ever,i played stuntraces for months. They were even better then the ones rockstar released years later,much harder to get perfect laps(or even finish laps on some).

Stuff like zentorno vs snipers etc. Content creator kept me busy for ages.

Edited by Callahan44

Madvillain

did you guys do XP Boost glitches maybe that's why you got bored so fast.

DonnieVega
10 hours ago, SteelxCity43 said:

GTA online was rushed out, just like RDO. They both sucked at the beginning, but just like GTA online, Rockstar will deliver (as always) and make the game a great experience.

Yup, they'll make it great for a while, then slowly turn it into the nastiest bowl of diarrhea you have ever seen. A huge accomplishment but incredibly disgusting at the same time.

DarksunDaFirst
27 minutes ago, Callahan44 said:

Content creator was the best update ever,i played stuntraces for months. They were even better then the ones rockstar released years later,much harder to get perfect laps(or even finish laps on some).

Stuff like zentorno vs snipers etc. Content creator kept me busy for ages.

I loved CC, but unfortunately 99% of the stuff that came out was either crap (97%) or got old quick due to being the "climb out of this stupid area and get the OP gun" (2%).  Less than 1% of the content was worth it.  It was annoying as f*** to get constant invites for "1,000,000 $ AND RP GUARANTEED NO JOKE FOR REAL SUPER AWESOME HAPPY FUN SHOOTING TIME" and it ended up just being lame sh*t over and over again.

Callahan44
3 minutes ago, DarksunDaFirst said:

I loved CC, but unfortunately 99% of the stuff that came out was either crap (97%) or got old quick due to being the "climb out of this stupid area and get the OP gun" (2%).  Less than 1% of the content was worth it.  It was annoying as f*** to get constant invites for "1,000,000 $ AND RP GUARANTEED NO JOKE FOR REAL SUPER AWESOME HAPPY FUN SHOOTING TIME" and it ended up just being lame sh*t over and over again.

I just went to social club,got the best rated jobs,put them in a playlist,inv everybody available(friends did the same) and we started with a full lobby. Bad jobs got deleted,new jobs from creators of good jobs added. After some weeks we had epic race playlists and often 10+ people played the whole playlist with us,real tournaments on epic tracks. Gta never got better for me,that was on the old xbox.

BUT THE BENZ
47 minutes ago, Madvillain said:

I really wonder how people are "already" rank 80+ or even 100+. I was late to the "beta" party, started 10 days in, right now I'm close to rank 25 and it was a loooong road. I cannot see myself doing what I curently do to get to rank 50 even....never!

how did people do/endure it really?!

Dr.Rosenthal

I’m rank 42 and if I’d play any more than I already do I’d definitely burn myself out, no question. So, I don’t know how people do it - and more importantly I don’t see the point of doing it. Isn’t it nicer to know there are unlocks up ahead that you can strive for? Hell, I almost feel already like I’m doing it all too fast.

Smokewood
12 hours ago, SteelxCity43 said:

GTA online was rushed out, just like RDO. They both sucked at the beginning, but just like GTA online, Rockstar will deliver (as always) and make the game a great experience.

what?

Read the post 3 above yours....

Smokewood
3 hours ago, Fugitive21 said:

Its been the holidays here so many companies are on skeleton crews. Shoot we had 3 devs out of 20, 1 server guy out 10, no project managers or directors here the past 2 weeks. 

My buddy in another gaming company everybody had the 2 weeks off.

Studios gets back rolling Monday usually.

I was about to post the same thing.

My last day at work was Dec 22.

I came back on Jan 2, but have none nothing but read emails and updated all my virtual machines.

Today is the 4th and I am just now getting back to my actual "work".

In short, they are on vacation!

simpjkee
1 hour ago, Lonely-Martin said:

True. But many companies also look to offer more to attract a more diverse audience/customer base in order to maximise potential revenue too.

Exactly, it's a business decision to maximize profit. They're not doing it because they want to be nice to their consumers or feel their consumers deserve it.

TyrionV
3 hours ago, simpjkee said:

That's every company's stance in the history of companies. Companies don't have feelings. They don't make moral decisions. They are created to maximize profit and that is their only goal.

Plenty companies are run by boards of directors who absolutely do make moral decisions all the time. They’re not all James Bond villain types living in ivory towers.

You’re post is just wrong.

In Rockstars case they need to deliver the best customer experience they can at the same time as maximising returns on their investment. 

They’ve done it before, pretty successfully if you go by their numbers, I have no doubt they will get this right too.

Of course the game will get better. It’s ludicrous for grown fecking adults to think that this is all it will be.

Smokewood
40 minutes ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

I’m rank 42 and if I’d play any more than I already do I’d definitely burn myself out, no question. So, I don’t know how people do it - and more importantly I don’t see the point of doing it. Isn’t it nicer to know there are unlocks up ahead that you can strive for? Hell, I almost feel already like I’m doing it all too fast.

I got bored and stopped at level 12... what the hell is wrong with you people?

lol

simpjkee
2 minutes ago, TyrionV said:

Plenty companies are run by boards of directors who absolutely do make moral decisions all the time. They’re not all James Bond villain types living in ivory towers.

Name one.

MagicNarcosis

At this rate, im about to play GTA again. 

Least I had a lot of sh*t to do lol. I haven't played in months, either. 

Bpowder

All I know is they better do something soon. Refresh my memory, what happened in rdr1 online? I vaguely remember quitting that game because I was done with single player and there was nothing to do online. Kind of like what's going on now, maybe? I can't remember.

DLKnives
13 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

To be fair, this doesn't help. It does need more to do, but you should probably play some other stuff while you wait - if you're bored anyway. It's not a game with the range of stuff that GTA can have, and even that gets old if you do it day in and day out for too long.

I know, but that's the way I play games. Some switch between games to keep burn-out away but I get so into them I play until I get burned out. I don't think I'm there with RDO yet, but it's just stale.

1 hour ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

I'm level 35. Never did too much killing cops, never leveled up from it. Just hunting and challenges.

Lonely-Martin
39 minutes ago, simpjkee said:

Exactly, it's a business decision to maximize profit. They're not doing it because they want to be nice to their consumers or feel their consumers deserve it.

Except they aren't at all, lol.

Less content, less players, less potential revenue. :)

Poggy
2 hours ago, Madvillain said:

Nope.

IKilledMyHorseAgain
1 hour ago, TyrionV said:

Of course the game will get better. It’s ludicrous for grown fecking adults to think that this is all it will be.

I have no doubt it will get better for sure but you have to admit, for a game 6+ years into development to drop with only a handful of side missions is bad form.  It will get better, they will release things for years to come but again, for as long as they have been working on it, the limited amount of content is absurd.

simpjkee
38 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Except they aren't at all, lol.

Less content, less players, less potential revenue. :)

Except they make a business decision to drop some gold or cash in your account to counterbalance it. It's all a calculated business decision.

Lonely-Martin
28 minutes ago, simpjkee said:

Except they make a business decision to drop some gold or cash in your account to counterbalance it. It's all a calculated business decision.

Maybe, but I didn't bother to even log in for the 2nd round of bribes, lol.

And if they need to give gold away instead of sell it to incentivise players to play, says it all. They limit potential.

Kemasus

Ran my online character to level 21 and things have become stale. (waiting for non beta)

Having a decidedly better time playing Arthur both in a saved chapter two and four

Madvillain

well it is the old west don't expect anything new.