3. Site Suggestions

DLKnives

No update, getting bored.

einjzmolf

i'm really just itching for the first real happening

pls prepare ur best ron pauls for me when the storm hits

Pressure Drop
16 hours ago, Smokewood said:

and give up the last 5 years of their progress?

If there was a new GTA, of course you would expect to lose your progress. There would be new guns, etc, it wouldn't make sense for you to transfer your character and be level 500 in the new game and kitted out with everything.

Dr.Rosenthal

@Spiffy McNugget Sorry if I confused you, it does sound like we’re making the same point now lol, and I can’t find your original post anymore so I’ll just leave it at that and move on... 😊

OnT: I just came to think of Westworld, and how the creators of that series once talked about how they were influenced by Red Dead Redemption in the making of the series.

And then I realized that’s really what I want in terms of shared stories online. I want to venture out into the wilderness to step into some other players story, I want to be surprised, feel engaged and be part of a fleshed out world. I realize it’s science fiction but it would be nice to see it being at least the ambition to move towards that goal. The SP did it really well, though, but SP tends to ”hold your hand” too much in other ways and you already know the story isn’t unique for you.

With the state of Red Dead Online now, I really can’t see it moving too far into such a direction of roleplay and creating a truly immersive world. It might get a bit of good content but it’s all too much superficial fluff at the moment and too little depth.

The NPCs are robots, clearly. You can’t greet or antagonize. You can’t find secrets to uncover (save for a pack of crackers in the few houses that are actually open). The other players around you are good for nothing but shooting at (and will probably just shoot you on sight). It’s a huge deathmatch basically. And if you don’t want PvP, all that’s left is fishing and hunting.

Maybe I’ve just burned myself out from playing too much recently.. I’ll stop whining now.

Pressure Drop

Pretty important to remember RDO was released end of November. We have had Christmas and New Year in between, and the devs do deserve some time off. I will reserve my judgement until I see what kind of updates are in store, and if this really is just a Beta. Until then I'll carry on replaying the PVE story missions.

fryday
42 minutes ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

@Spiffy McNugget Sorry if I confused you, it does sound like we’re making the same point now lol, and I can’t find your original post anymore so I’ll just leave it at that and move on... 😊

OnT: I just came to think of Westworld, and how the creators of that series once talked about how they were influenced by Red Dead Redemption in the making of the series.

And then I realized that’s really what I want in terms of shared stories online. I want to venture out into the wilderness to step into some other players story, I want to be surprised, feel engaged and be part of a fleshed out world. I realize it’s science fiction but it would be nice to see it being at least the ambition to move towards that goal. The SP did it really well, though, but SP tends to ”hold your hand” too much in other ways and you already know the story isn’t unique for you.

With the state of Red Dead Online now, I really can’t see it moving too far into such a direction of roleplay and creating a truly immersive world. It might get a bit of good content but it’s all too much superficial fluff at the moment and too little depth.

The NPCs are robots, clearly. You can’t greet or antagonize. You can’t find secrets to uncover (save for a pack of crackers in the few houses that are actually open). The other players around you are good for nothing but shooting at (and will probably just shoot you on sight). It’s a huge deathmatch basically. And if you don’t want PvP, all that’s left is fishing and hunting.

Maybe I’ve just burned myself out from playing too much recently.. I’ll stop whining now.

so true! you desribed it perfectly. i dreamed of a new immersive world in the western setting with lot of roleplay, unexpected encouters and interaction  etc...all I see are pink moving killer dots on the map

We Are Ninja
16 hours ago, 1898 said:

What have they left in the tank for GTA6? They've thrown everything they've got at 5, there's nothing left. I can't think of anything that would work unless it takes place in a different era.

LOLWUT. RDR2 is a direct result of everything they learned from GTA5. GTA6 will be a culmination of everything they learned from GTA5 and RDR2. R* is not going to let their most lucrative IP, literally one of the most profitable franchises in gaming history, fall by the wayside. LMFAO, bro.

15 hours ago, hotrats773 said:

I haven't laughed as hard at something on here in a long time, as I did at that sentence.

It's true. I'm already seeing lvl 200 people who kill me just by logging on.

Gotta try to keep up with the Joneses!

You're laughing, LOL. Me and a couple of newb friends that I was helping I got our asses handed to us by a LV 176 a couple of days ago. A good portion of the meager handful of kills I managed to get were because he was busy picking them off. I don't wanna keep up with the Joneses, I just want to be skilled enough to defend myself (and my friends) against them.

5 hours ago, rusbeckia said:

LOL @ all of you who think that there will be no GTA6 cause of GTAO. 

You really think that r* will let 1 billion slip through their fingers? 

I wouldnt give a fck about that my 5 yrs progress will be lost. 

I promise you that a new gta incl. online will be released. Rdr2 is most likely their guinea pig for the next gta.

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS.

Dr.Rosenthal

^

They definitely haven’t put everything there is into GTAO, and there definitely will be a next gen online GTA, I fully agree. So much more they could do.

Which brings me back to my previous post.. Sure, GTA6 will, supposedly, be the culmination of everything that R* has learned from GTAV/O and RDR2/RDO. But I really don’t think that Red Dead Online feels like a ”culmination” of everything they’ve learned from GTAO and RDR, MP3 and LA Noire. The SP was undoubtedly an improvement, but as for the multiplayer it almost feels like a step backwards compared to GTAO.

Or, rather, instead of feeling like ”Red Dead Online, plus all the best from GTAO, plus a bunch of new features that will blow 2018/19 away” it feels like ”We just made a brand new game in 2018 and made its multiplayer to have less features than GTAO had in 2013. But the graphics are better. Anyway, here’s a gold bar for ya, go buy a silver dapple horse.”

In terms of SP, I still view R* as true visionaries, but they got to do something about Online. I’m not sure they will however as long as this 10 year old concept is keeping them making money. But I’m getting bored with it.

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

lennymuhboi

When the first big dlc hits all will be right with the world.

Dr.Rosenthal

@lennymuhboi I really hope so, but I dare not hope too much. It needs a gamechanger like how free roam events, businesses and business battles improved on GTAO, but even better, allowing for deeper and more meaningful interactions with the world around us.

areyouchappin

I have no idea what to expect when the Red Dead Online Beta concludes. I know they'll fix some of the technical issues but anything other than that is just speculation.

DrKrankenstein

Got some news for ya'll, gunrush is being added live, first it said currently unavailable and hour ago, not anymore, you can join them, bad disconnects though at the time

lennymuhboi
3 minutes ago, DrKrankenstein said:

Got some news for ya'll, gunrush is being added live, first it said currently unavailable and hour ago, not anymore, you can join them, bad disconnects though at the time

Any good?

Ektope
2 minutes ago, DrKrankenstein said:

Yeah, I noticed this. It was greyed out. But I tried going Online > Free Roam again to respawn same place. Then those two modes, Gun Rush and Gun Rush Teams. They weren't greyed out. Gun Rush had 3 players. The Teams version had just two of us. So I'll just try it later. I don't even know yet if it's worth more XP than Showdown Series Large. I'll find out soon.

1 minute ago, lennymuhboi said:

Any good?

It's like Fortnite Battle Royale. Shrinking circle. Weapons spread all over the map. You start with no weapon. I don't know the max players yet. But one life for everyone then have to spectate. It's just one round anyway. I noticed there was Manor map which wasn't in any Showdown Series Large. And there are no opponent player blips. So it was harder to tell if players around. Expect it to be a camp fest and shooting people who run out in open.

Chrismads
2 minutes ago, Ektope said:

Yeah, I noticed this. It was greyed out. But I tried going Online > Free Roam again to respawn same place. Then those two modes, Gun Rush and Gun Rush Teams. They weren't greyed out. Gun Rush had 3 players. The Teams version had just two of us. So I'll just try it later. I don't even know yet if it's worth more XP than Showdown Series Large. I'll find out soon.

What is gun rush?

DrKrankenstein
3 minutes ago, lennymuhboi said:

Any good?

i got disconnected because of rockstar services :P

Ektope
1 minute ago, Chrismads said:

What is gun rush?

See my post above. I added more info.

Edited by Ektope

Chrismads
1 minute ago, Ektope said: