4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

IamCourtney

--- Red Dead Discussion Thread ---

Clickalot
3 hours ago, rusbeckia said:

Enabling 2FA for social club from what i‘ve heard! 

It‘s just a second level of security for your account. When you login you get a verification code on your phone or an authentification app. (Apps are more secure, because the code is sent encrypted, not as SMS where messages are sent in cleartext.)

I would think twice about giving away your phone number

I

•—•
7 hours ago, Assblaster said:

Who are these players in the pvp modes whose rank is whited-out (blank)...everyone is always voting to kick 'em. Why doesn't their rank show up?

When someone is voted to be kicked, their rank number turns blank. Who are these blank rank players? Most likely the most hated and very successful player.

rusbeckia
38 minutes ago, Clickalot said:

I would think twice about giving away your phone number

I

That‘s why I pointed out that authentification apps are more secure anyway.

Clickalot
1 hour ago, rusbeckia said:

That‘s why I pointed out that authentification apps are more secure anyway.

There are "data-brokers" which sells your personal info, includes, phone number, location and very often your carrier

There are 15 known companies, who sells your data. Those companies are connected to several other unkown companies and those are the ones who dripping some info to the larger companies

Keep in mind....Everything is for sale.

•—•
Posted (edited)

That verification thing is too complicated for me. I can't even get past the QR, authenticator verificaion stuff. I ain't gonna bother, just for 10.00 gold.

Edited by Ektope

TheSadisticOwl

Tutorial on how to enable 2-Step Verification for dummies.

I haven't seen the thing about getting 10 gold bars just by doing 2-Step Verification, though.

4eyedcoupe
7 hours ago, TheSadisticOwl said:

Do I get the Special Spinner by completing 5 Daily Challenges on a single day or if I just complete 5 Daily Challenges in general (i.e 3 yesterday, 2 today)?

I read it as in 5 daily challenges in total, not in one day.

Mad-Monkey_1st
Posted (edited)

I aint giving my mobile number to no one us i dont know even FB keep asking but they aint f*cking getting it either, Family and friends are the only ones who get it and anyone ringing me whether number shows or not dont get answered if a name in my contacts dont pop up

10 gold or $500.000 Piss off R*

Edited by GTP_Monkey

ThaBirdCoot

Yeah, not gonna bother with this anyway.

Happy Hunter

Is predator bait meant to suck, or is it bugged? Used it a few times, didn't attract anything. Waited a good time too.

Maybe it just doesn't work like I thought it might. I figured - you put it down, get back and watch, then something is spawned near and runs to it. Maybe the creature has to be there in the first place? In that case I may as well just shoot my guns to attract it.

Talisman_83
2 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Is predator bait meant to suck, or is it bugged? Used it a few times, didn't attract anything. Waited a good time too.

Maybe it just doesn't work like I thought it might. I figured - you put it down, get back and watch, then something is spawned near and runs to it. Maybe the creature has to be there in the first place? In that case I may as well just shoot my guns to attract it.

It's unreliable. 

If I know a cougar spawns in the general area, for instance, placing bait down will attract it - sometimes.

Others, I've tried placing it down twice to no avail.

I'm not sure if you need to be a certain distance away for it to trigger.

raysis

I made the 2 factor code on my both accounts but i havent get the gold bars yet, anyone here that have got them?

•—•
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

1 hour ago, Talisman_83 said:

It's unreliable. 

If I know a cougar spawns in the general area, for instance, placing bait down will attract it - sometimes.

I'd say it's unreliable because we can't choose which creature or animal will attract to it. For instance, I remember placing normal predator bait down and a coyote came for it. I didn't want the coyote. But to make cougars or panthers spawn, I'm not sure. I can try potent predator bait later.

Edited by Ektope

ALifeOfMisery
8 hours ago, TheSadisticOwl said:

I haven't seen the thing about getting 10 gold bars just by doing 2-Step Verification, though.

It's mentioned in this week's GTAO Newswire

rusbeckia
1 hour ago, raysis said:

I made the 2 factor code on my both accounts but i havent get the gold bars yet, anyone here that have got them?

Not yet. Guess we‘ll get it during the next week.

1 hour ago, Talisman_83 said:

It's unreliable. 

It never worked for me when there wasn‘t already a cougar spawned in. 

I think it‘s designed to be used to get clean shots. First you track the area with the binoculars or eagly eye and when youfound it put predator bait out. 

The cougar will move out of it‘s cover and get the bait. Usually it stops halfway and looks around - perfect for landing a clean shot.

Happy Hunter
9 hours ago, Ektope said:

I'd say it's unreliable because we can't choose which creature or animal will attract to it. For instance, I remember placing normal predator bait down and a coyote came for it. I didn't want the coyote. But to make cougars or panthers spawn, I'm not sure. I can try potent predator bait later.

I wouldn't recommend it to be honest. It's not as potent as it sounds.

•—•
10 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

I wouldn't recommend it to be honest. It's not as potent as it sounds.

True. Just yesterday, I went to south east of braithwaites area in rhodes, where panthers spawn. I looked at the map and there was no panther icon, meaning it won't spawn? Either way, I went there and there was no panther. I placed potent predator bait down (gritty fish meat from bluegill) and waited. Guess which animal came? Two "predator" deers. This doesn't work as it should. Maybe the panther wasn't gonna spawn at all since no icon on map.

wehweh01
14 minutes ago, Ektope said:

True. Just yesterday, I went to south east of braithwaites area in rhodes, where panthers spawn. I looked at the map and there was no panther icon, meaning it won't spawn? Either way, I went there and there was no panther. I placed potent predator bait down (gritty fish meat from bluegill) and waited. Guess which animal came? Two "predator" deers. This doesn't work as it should. Maybe the panther wasn't gonna spawn at all since no icon on map.

Would've been funny if 30 Panthers spawned in and went for the bait. 

Daleificent

So I have noticed even after I have the sketch (or Icon?) for an animal or plant on my map, some will disappear after a while or so but I've never encountered a spawning issue when the icon was missing. Maybe the map is messed up and bait just sucks.

Assblaster

I wonder why so many men play female characters (it's obvious if their psn ID is a male name), yet so many gals play female characters. I've never played a female character, not that I care if other guys do or not. Just curious.

TiberiusMcQueen
2 hours ago, Assblaster said:

I wonder why so many men play female characters (it's obvious if their psn ID is a male name), yet so many gals play female characters. I've never played a female character, not that I care if other guys do or not. Just curious.

Honestly I don't really put much thought into it, if I'm given a character creator, I like to spend at least an hour messing around with all the options until I get something I'm happy with, sometimes the character I end up being happy with is male, sometimes it's female, a lot of people really overthink it when asking why players will create a character of the opposite gender imo.

wehweh01
6 minutes ago, TiberiusMcQueen said:

Honestly I don't really put much thought into it, if I'm given a character creator, I like to spend at least an hour messing around with all the options until I get something I'm happy with, sometimes the character I end up being happy with is male, sometimes it's female, a lot of people really overthink it when asking why players will create a character of the opposite gender imo.

It's more than that though. Lot of times it's just someone being homophobic when they keep asking why you're using a female character. 

Assblaster
3 minutes ago, wehweh01 said:

It's more than that though. Lot of times it's just someone being homophobic when they keep asking why you're using a female character. 

I'm not homophobic though, I have family members who are gay and I'm fine with it. I've never played a female character myself, and I've seen so many with male-sounding gamertags so I was just wondering if men do it so much, why don't women? My wife for example plays as female, as do most females I've noticed. No big deal either way.

TiberiusMcQueen
11 minutes ago, Assblaster said:

I'm not homophobic though, I have family members who are gay and I'm fine with it. I've never played a female character myself, and I've seen so many with male-sounding gamertags so I was just wondering if men do it so much, why don't women? My wife for example plays as female, as do most females I've noticed. No big deal either way.

From what I've seen, a lot of women actually do play as male characters, I think the men playing as female characters just draw more attention than women playing as male characters for whatever reason.

wehweh01
22 minutes ago, Assblaster said:

Ya it was nothing against you at all. I'm just familiar with the subject since using a female character in GTAO for 5 years or so.

8 minutes ago, TiberiusMcQueen said:

From what I've seen, a lot of women actually do play as male characters, I think the men playing as female characters just draw more attention than women playing as male characters for whatever reason.

I know at least one female who uses a male character in RDO and it's simply because she was receiving too much feedback from male players. Also on top of that she won't be in public chat to avoid detection. It's mostly just due to gamers being too thirsty for their own good.

TiberiusMcQueen
11 minutes ago, wehweh01 said:

Ya it was nothing against you at all. I'm just familiar with the subject since using a female character in GTAO for 5 years or so.

I know at least one female who uses a male character in RDO and it's simply because she was receiving too much feedback from male players. Also on top of that she won't be in public chat to avoid detection. It's mostly just due to gamers being too thirsty for their own good.

One of my characters in GTAO is female, played as her about as much as I did my male character, and I absolutely understand what you and your friend mean about unwelcome attention from some people, when you play as a female character some players will treat you differently, and not in a charming way. Or just look at the comments section for just about any female gamer on youtube, you don't have to go far before you find something either outright creepy, or someone trying to be charming and accidentally being creepy, it's not hard to understand why some female gamers hide their gender when gaming.

Rafae S

Finally. 🙏

DYCswNz.jpg

hxlXHj5.jpg

Clickalot
Posted (edited)

This looks kind a promising

They are roling out update 1.04 with a lot of fixes today

(cant wait to go home)

Although I have to admit, never experienced the problems shown below

Red Dead Online Beta General / Miscellaneous – PS4, Xbox One

General stability improvements

Fixed the issue where players removing an injured horse from the stables without healing it would result in the Scrawny Nag appearing when whistling for their horse

Fixed an issue where players could not exit the house in the Mission ‘Love and Honor’

Fixed an issue where players would be unable to load beyond 90% in the Red Dead Online beta unless they entered Story mode first

Fixed an issue where players could become stuck at a black screen after a Posse leader quit the lobby in the mission ‘Love and Honor’

Fixed an issue where players could crash to the Xbox Home screen when resuming from a suspended state after connecting to Xbox Live services

Fixed an issue where players could be kicked from Rockstar game services with error 0x99395004 after completing part 2 of the mission ‘Honor Among Horse Thieves’

Edited by Clickalot

Coleco
11 hours ago, Assblaster said:

I met this cute cowgirl on the road to Saint Denis the other day. It was as if an angel has descended from Heaven itself

Oh FistPumpManlyDudeBro, if only I could look into those lovely eyes of yours again

wehweh01

BREAKING NEWS: Weapon affinity apparently only effects reload time. That's it. Just reload time. Carry on!