3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

IamCourtney

--- Red Dead Discussion Thread ---

Foxwolfe

Yeah that's disappointing to hear, here's to hoping it's a bug as I would expect it to at least do a noticeable (even if not that significant) amount more damage.

LooseCanon

I’ve used it and didn’t see any difference, so I’ve not made any since.

also volatile makes me think unstable, which would be amusing if you’re trotting along on your horse and you suddenly implode.

Happy Hunter

Does anyone know yet what does and doesn't kill a defensive player? Dynamite? Shotgun?

Not that I want to kill them - just curious.

IamCourtney

Does the snap-flick-to-headshot feel different to anybody else? I know they said they've nerfed it somehow in the patch notes but based on a few gunfights this evening it doesn't seem to be any harder landing hits to the dome.

Granted, this was my first RDO session since early March so I could just be misremembering...

zzmorg82
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Does anyone know yet what does and doesn't kill a defensive player? Dynamite? Shotgun?

From the article:

Players in Defensive mode will be indicated by a shield icon, will take reduced damage from enemy players, cannot be lassoed, melee attacked, executed or targeted with auto-aim. Defensive players will also be excluded from being targeted in PvP-related missions such as Player Assassination. Those who attack Defensive players receive hefty penalties via the Hostility system, while players who initiate conflict while in Defensive mode will be instantly pulled out of Defensive mode and also receive similar Hostility penalties.

My understadning from this is that you can still take damage from dynamite, but it’ll be reduced damage; the same goes for a shotgun.

Defensive mode really only protects you from melee or lasso attempts. If someone really wanted to kill you they go just change to freeaim and light you up if they have decent aiming skill.

Edited by zzmorg82

Stoakzee
3 hours ago, IamCourtney said:

Does the snap-flick-to-headshot feel different to anybody else? I know they said they've nerfed it somehow in the patch notes but based on a few gunfights this evening it doesn't seem to be any harder landing hits to the dome.

Granted, this was my first RDO session since early March so I could just be misremembering...

Nothing has changed, still getting one shotted within seconds of engaging another player.

I even switched to auto aim myself and tried it out. Lock on, aim up, pull trigger, rinse and repeat.

Mad-Monkey_1st
6 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Latest trick is to run them down when there on foot then shotgun at close range, had this happen twice last night also been headshotted twice last night and once this morning

Ive gone back to story mode cant deal with this sh*t

mr goshawk

So is it finally possible to change character appearance or not?

Fookin Laser Sights
35 minutes ago, mr goshawk said:

So is it finally possible to change character appearance or not?

nope

wehweh01
3 minutes ago, Fookin Laser Sights said:

nope

It's coming boys. Hopefully, first retry will be on the house.

The Deadite
Posted (edited)

Really hope its coming soon because the creator is so much better now, its so much easier to make a good looking character now:

PS_Messages_20190515_113028.jpg

I also really like this new preset head for a black dude:

PS_Messages_20190515_113023.jpg

Good thing because all the heads for black men were awful.

Edited by The Deadite

Happy Hunter

I don't really like how you have to have paint it black if you're going to fight vaguely close up now. Everyone uses it to boost the range of their shotguns and remove any damage drop off from them. So when you use a shotgun - if you don't use the card and they do, don't even bother. They'll have twice the range or more than yours.

Even using a pistol or revolver is awkward, since PIB makes the shotguns have such a long range they'll usually reach you if you're that close.

You can notice it especially in Name Your Shotgun.

On 5/15/2019 at 5:42 AM, IamCourtney said:

To me, I didn't notice much. Maybe the change is bugged and not working?

TheSadisticOwl

Can you change your general appearance with this new update? Or is anyone who made a character before this update still stuck with the fugly characters they made with no way to edit them?

ALifeOfMisery
33 minutes ago, TheSadisticOwl said:

Can you change your general appearance with this new update? Or is anyone who made a character before this update still stuck with the fugly characters they made with no way to edit them?

There isn't an edit character function. Newly created characters only, unfortunately.

Stoakzee
5 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Maybe the change is bugged and not working?

I'm hoping this is the case.

The way I read it on the newswire was that you can lock on to the centre mass but you have to kinda free aim upwards in order to get the headshot, a bit like free aim assisted in GTA V.

The Deadite
10 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

I don't really like how you have to have paint it black if you're going to fight vaguely close up now. Everyone uses it to boost the range of their shotguns and remove any damage drop off from them. So when you use a shotgun - if you don't use the card and they do, don't even bother. They'll have twice the range or more than yours.

This explains why i kept getting sniped with shotguns in that mode, yet another Reason why ability cards are garbage that should never been added to RDO.

Happy Hunter
5 hours ago, The Deadite said:

This explains why i kept getting sniped with shotguns in that mode, yet another Reason why ability cards are garbage that should never been added to RDO.

They usually turn it on right before they shoot - they don't actually use it to paint targets, just to make the shotgun have crazy long range.

IamCourtney

Been hearing alot about a spirit of peace reigning over the land lately and that's largely been my experience as well but a sh*tshow can still kick off on the slightest pretense. Accidentally stole a guy's horse in Valentine last night and within minutes our minor disagreement had degenerated into a warzone of at least a dozen players plus cops and hapless townsfolk. But I'm sure anybody approaching town and not wanting trouble could see what was up from miles away, so no harm done! :)

dairyworker

Well well well. R* making me eat my words again. After giving up on rdronline in early feb, i returned this week after the update. I really did enjoy the time i spent in the game this week, a total of 4 or 5 hours maybe, getting re acquainted with my charecter and the game as a whole.

I hope i can continue to enjoy the game this way. I have little to no interest in pvp, and honestly felt that was basically all the game was offering before. Now i can enjoy a mission or two and just travel about hunting or fishing with friends without the constant threat of the type of gamplay we are not in to.

TheSadisticOwl

How does grappling work now? Mashing circle makes your stamina bar decrease insanely fast and makes you lose the struggle. Do you have to just slowly tap it or something?

LooseCanon

In settings you can change mashing the button to just holding it down, you can usually release yourself every time.

IamCourtney

Came back Tuesday after about two months away from RDO at lvl 78 and flat broke after buying a pair of LeMats. Went to bed tonight at lvl 87 with $2000 and 160g, mostly from solo free roaming. 

Had some Beta style stability issues with Stranger missions early in the week but it's been smooth since, and only two disconnects.

All in all I love the foundation they've laid but I hope they plan to start building on it quickly. If the "coming this summer" announcement for the next update means June, fantastic. If it means July or August then I fear whatever momentum this rather subdued end-of-beta/launch has built up will be mostly wasted...

Pretty enthusiastic to see what comes next at any rate :D

deadx23

I just want a better gaming experience and I don't give a good god damn if the game burns for it, 

-LN-
2 minutes ago, IamCourtney said:

Came back Tuesday after about two months away from RDO at lvl 78 and flat broke after buying a pair of LeMats. Went to bed tonight at lvl 87 with $2000 and 160g, mostly from solo free roaming. 

Had some Beta style stability issues with Stranger missions early in the week but it's been smooth since, and only two disconnects.

All in all I love the foundation they've laid but I hope they plan to start building on it quickly. If the "coming this summer" announcement for the next update means June, fantastic. If it means July or August then I fear whatever momentum this rather subdued end-of-beta/launch has built up will be mostly wasted...

Pretty enthusiastic to see what comes next at any rate :D

You and I are in the same boat; except that I haven't bought the LeMats yet (but will tonight) and I just made it to level 65 the other night. I don't have that much gold, but I went from having about $800, which is what I had left after also having a two month break from playing, to currently over $2800. I haven't bought much since my return though, just some of the new clothing. So far, so good though; I quite like the changes and the overall feel of the game now; I do need to remind myself every now and then not to get my hopes up too high, but yea, I'm definitely looking forward to whatever comes next. ☺

ALifeOfMisery

Things are about to get messy. Unlimited dupe glitch just went public. 

Mad-Monkey_1st
2 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Yeh i witnessed a new one this morning concerning 3 animals the stables and butcher

Virtual-Antics
10 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I literally just left a session where there were two huge piles of deer carcasses outside the butcher and stable in Valentine. There were four players, maybe six, running back and forth to the butcher. No idea how long they'd been doing it. I stood outside the store for about ten minutes just watching them.

I'm gonna send Rockstar Support the video evidence. It was pretty nuts.

deadx23

The old cat and mouse game, r* patches a glitch a new one comes out 😆

The Deadite

This f*cking hat bruh:

PS_Messages_20190521_112155.jpg

Straight out of Doug Dimmadome's hat collection lmao:

tumblr_inline_mnoj0bw6FL1qz4rgp.jpg

ALifeOfMisery
1 hour ago, deadx23 said:

The old cat and mouse game, r* patches a glitch a new one comes out 😆

As with GTAO buy everything for free and dupe glitches etc. back in the day, there are dupe glitches in RDO being held back waiting for when the currently public glitches get patched.

What we've seen so far isn't the end of it by a long stretch from what limited information I have.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery