1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Spider-Vice

The Official 2019 Staff Promotathon!

Staff Banathon 2019  

86 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is the nastiest staff member? Who deserves the BAN?

• Raavi
    • Moonshield
    • Voodoo
    • Spider-Vice
    • MiamiViceCity aka Ryan aka Algonquin Assassin aka PulpFiction aka SonOfLiberty aka...
    • RedDagger
    • Vanzant
    • Crokey
    • Motherstep aka Neptune aka Craig
    • GTAKid667
    • AndyGanteks
    • Jason
    • Uncle Sikee Atric
    • Mach1bud
    • slohbur
    • trip
    • George Costanza aka Tomasak
    • sivispacem
    • uNi

Spider-Vice nemesis
1 minute ago, Raavi said:

You asked why you were banned. Now you know.

I understand why I was banned on my first account.

I have no idea why I was banned on @Science Fiction. It was a concept account not flaming, not targetting any staff or sh*tposting, not a dupe, a completely different persona, and it was harmless 

sivispacem
Just now, Spider-Vice nemesis said:

I have no idea why I was banned on @Science Fiction. It was a concept account not flaming, not targetting any staff or sh*tposting, not a dupe, a completely different persona, and it was harmless 

Presumably because you were told not to return until you'd sorted yourself out? That implies a downtime of more than 20 minutes between accounts.

Raavi
4 minutes ago, Spider-Vice nemesis said:

I understand why I was banned on my first account.

I have no idea why I was banned on @Science Fiction.

Because once you get permanently banned, you effectively become a PBM. Which means all subsequent and/or previous duplicate accounts you register(ed) will be banned all the same.

Spider-Vice nemesis
1 minute ago, sivispacem said:

Presumably because you were told not to return until you'd sorted yourself out? That implies a downtime of more than 20 minutes between accounts.

I have always been "sorted out". It's not like I was suffering little man syndrome or hostility. I was sh*tposting for the sake of getting laughs. You kicked me out the pit where I could do that harmlessly, and your reasoning was very vague.

2 minutes ago, Raavi said:

Because once you get permanently banned, you effectively come a PBM. Which means all subsequent and/or previous duplicate accounts you register(ed) will be banned all the same.

Tell that to everyone else who have peacefully made accounts after the banathon, and have remained unbanned from you.

Happy Hunter

This is a great start to the new year. I only wish I had more votes. Narrowed it down to a handful, then saw I could only vote on one.

Raavi
1 minute ago, Spider-Vice nemesis said:

Tell that to everyone else who have peacefully made accounts after the banathon, and have remained unbanned from you.

There is a difference between a banathon ban i.e. a non-punitive ban, and a punitive ban for violating forum rules. Yours was the latter, hence it attaching the status of PBM to you.

SpatchCock
13 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

D&D stands for Debates & Discussion.

Ah, ok thank you. I can stop googling Dungeons & Dragons for Sweary Quotes now.:colgate:

Spider-Vice nemesis
1 minute ago, Raavi said:

There is a difference between a banathon ban i.e. a non-punitive ban, and a punitive ban for violating forum rules. Yours was the latter, hence it attaching the status of PBM to you.

Like I said, the message in my ban log said I can come back when I have sorted my act out, which I did. I had no intention of revealing myself as a PBM, had I stayed unbanned I wouldn't have even mentioned it.

Razor_BladePL

O man a lot voted on spider vice? Why he is nice Voodoo is nasty AF tho in honest opinion. 

Jimmy
2 minutes ago, Spider-Vice nemesis said:

Like I said, the message in my ban log said I can come back when I have sorted my act out, which I did. I had no intention of revealing myself as a PBM, had I stayed unbanned I wouldn't have even mentioned it.

It doesn't take 20 minutes to have your act sorted out. Clearly you haven't got your act together. If you had, you'd see Raavi's point here.

Spider-Vice nemesis
1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

It doesn't take 20 minutes to have your act sorted out. Clearly you haven't got your act together. If you had, you'd see Raavi's point here.

Could you specify then, perhaps how much time you'd like me to stay off for? I honestly do not see the point in banning a harmless account due to an unspecified arbitrary time limit.

Halal Cyborg

Damn you guys sure do have some balls and you really didn’t need to do this...

Obviously it stands to reason that it will bring all the nastiness out from people.

Ive only voted for balance...crazy amount of votes for spider vice...im sure he’s got better things to do than clear up the mess on here anyway.

Neon_Dreaming

If you're very annoyed at gtaf maybe consider cutting you're losses and find another gaming forum, there's plenty out there. Life's too short.

Jimmy
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Spider-Vice nemesis said:

Could you specify then, perhaps how much time you'd like me to stay off for? I honestly do not see the point in banning a harmless account due to an unspecified arbitrary time limit.

Yours wasn't a harmless ban. You were banned for this post. And you were asked to get your act together. That generally means not creating an account right after getting banned. Wanting to sh*tpost for the sake of a few laughs isn't sorted out. The Pit has no rules. You were kicked at a staff discretion. That's it. Maybe take a year off the forums; stop caring too much about an internet forum and cool for a bit. Go out, get a life.

Edited by Jimmy

Halal Cyborg
1 hour ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Fair enough, just wanted to clear the air just in case but alas, good good. 👌

I do have a new name though, maybe that confuses things, but still. Past is the past. :)

Who were you before?

D9fred95

I voted @trip. He thinks Fallout 76 is good and as a very petty individual I can't let that stand.

sivispacem
14 minutes ago, Spider-Vice nemesis said:

I was sh*tposting for the sake of getting laughs. 

The fact that you did this in the first place, then had the audacity to pretend as if you'd been somehow aggrieved, is a total vindication of your banning.

At the end of the day, you're a guest on a platform run, maintained and paid for by others. If you actually valued it, you wouldn't have been an insufferable troll in the first place.

Maxx1013
1 hour ago, sivispacem said:

To be fair to him, you are an absolute f*cking gobsh*te.

Changing my vote. People should be allowed to say that to other members. 

Spider-Vice nemesis
1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

Yours wasn't a harmless ban. You were banned for this post. And you were asked to get your act together. That generally means not creating an account right after getting banned. Wanting to sh*tpost for the sake of a few laughs isn't sorted out. The Pit has no rules. You were kicked at a staff discretion. That's it. Maybe take a year off the forums; stop caring too much about an e-rep on an internet forum and cool for a bit. Go out, get a life.

I hope you aren't under the assumption I am begging for a return. I simply am tieing off loose ends here, I am annoyed with the vague second ban, and I am annoyed that you still won't give me an answer as to why I was removed from the Pit. It is simply peace of mind here.

You say it "generally means", which isn't an answer to my question. If I came back the next day, would you have banned me again? What about a few hours, months even?

If nobody knew who I was post-ban and I post peacefully, what is the problem? I do not feel at ease knowing I could come back in a year and still be banned for little reasoning.

3 minutes ago, sivispacem said:

The fact that you did this in the first place, then had the audacity to pretend as if you'd been somehow aggrieved, is a total vindication of your banning.

At the end of the day, you're a guest on a platform run, maintained and paid for by others. If you actually valued it, you wouldn't have been an insufferable troll in the first place.

Could the same be said about you, Sivis? I mean, you also flame sometimes. Granted mine was much more vicious, but you removed the post I made less than five minutes after it was made. 

2 minutes ago, MyNameHere said:

OuBN7qz.jpg

It's a learning curve.

gayeddie (sonicfan060
3 minutes ago, MyNameHere said:

OuBN7qz.jpg

ironic.

Lonely-Martin
13 minutes ago, Halal Cyborg said:

Who were you before?

Pm'd. :)

Gridl0k
Posted (edited)

Not gonna vote but also gonna keep reading for the 90s usenet vibe

If I did vote, it would be for top-posting.

Edited by Gridl0k

CarimboHanky

i can understand the votes for Spider-Vice and raavi but how can anyone vote for reddager?

he is the coolest nutella eating dude here!

yes i assumed his pronoun😂

Jimmy
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Spider-Vice nemesis said:

I hope you aren't under the assumption I am begging for a return. I simply am tieing off loose ends here, I am annoyed with the vague second ban, and I am annoyed that you still won't give me an answer as to why I was removed from the Pit. It is simply peace of mind here.

You say it "generally means", which isn't an answer to my question. If I came back the next day, would you have banned me again? What about a few hours, months even?

If nobody knew who I was post-ban and I post peacefully, what is the problem? I do not feel at ease knowing I could come back in a year and still be banned for little reasoning.

It's a learning curve.

Your second ban wasn't vague like I pointed out earlier. You literally registered minutes after getting banned and that isn't considered "getting your act together". The staff reserve the right to remove you from the Pit and not answerable for the same. Take consolation of the fact that you were not wanted in there. Being a member is a privilege, not a right. Nobody owes you an answer.

You could have found out what "generally means" meant by waiting a while. Instead you ended up creating unnecessary drama (yes, keeping on making accounts and failing to see the valid points that were made earlier). People aren't asked to take time off to be back the next day, let alone hours. Maybe if you had returned a few months later, you could have been granted some leniency. Instead you didn't. You made it far worse, making your ban a PBM one.

You are certainly not at ease right now. And you're not making it any easier for yourself by wasting everyone's time here. The staff work voluntarily and believe it or not, they have lives outside the forum.

Copy pasting facts from Wikipedia isn't a learning curve.

Edited by Jimmy

chronic lumbago

Can I take the winner's admin/mod spot?

CarimboHanky
44 minutes ago, hugh750 said:

i also voted for raavi (it's not personal), we know our bans are in your hands.🤣

user was beaned for this post

rage-guy-r225x.jpg

hahaha

Raavi
6 minutes ago, CarimboHanky said:

i can understand the votes for raavi 

:harrumph:

MostWantedMVP

rip Spider. 😄

Spider-Vice nemesis
4 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Your second ban wasn't vague like I pointed out earlier. You literally registered minutes after getting banned and that isn't considered. The staff reserve the right to remove you from the Pit and not answerable at the same. Take consolation of the fact that you were not wanted in there.

Maybe you can edit my ban log, given me a time when I am free to come back? I'm not willing to come back and be banned again in a few months, neither am I willing to come back and have the community decide to "redeem" me when I didn't do much on my second account to be banned in the first place.

Why even throw me in the banathon anyway? I had a reputation only old regulars knew of before you placed me in there and added the ability to view past usernames. I never sh*tposted much at all and the pinnacle of my sh*tposting was within the thread itself, so if you were planning to ban me before the thread even existed, that's very sly.

9 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

You could have found out what "generally means" meant by waiting a while. Instead you ended up creating unnecessary drama (yes, keeping on making accounts and failing to see the valid points that were made earlier). People aren't asked to take time off to be back the next day, let alone hours. Maybe if you had returned a few months later, you could have been granted some leniency. Instead you didn't. You made it far worse, making your ban a PBM one.

Why was I not given a temp ban instead? My member log was vast, but most of it was made four years ago by different staff than Spider-Vice.

If I could come back and you just wanted to place an arbitrary time limit, you should've have just temped me a set a time for it.

I would have more peace of m8nd if you just banned me outright like Fooking and told me to f*ck off permenantly. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Copy pasting facts from Wikipedia isn't a learning curve.

I meant it as in the fact I actually sympathize with banned accounts now, especially when not much of an answer as to why they are banned is given.