1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
wehweh01

What awards have you earned?

4eyedcoupe
9 minutes ago, DLKnives said:

I'm the same, I'm too old for PvP and just want more PvE goodness. More missions, minigames, something!

is it an age thing?  I feel the same way lol.  I usually have a beer or a smoke when I play, I don't go on mic except private with friends... I don't even want to think about PVP with the kiddies...They might get butt hurt, and quite frankly I'm not sure about the legalities of making little kiddies butt hurt but probably best to avoid anyway. Actually...honestly, I'll probably be the one who ends up butt hurt because they are better.

DLKnives

We sound like the same guy! :D:D:D

Poggy

Anyone got the canoe travel one, lol :). Anyone planning on resetting it max times?  That's one buckle that ain't gettin maxed!

ThaBirdCoot
2 hours ago, Poggy said:

Anyone got the canoe travel one, lol :). Anyone planning on resetting it max times?  That's one buckle that ain't gettin maxed!

I'm trying but eventually I shall turn out insane before completing it xD

wehweh01

Btw found a really easy way to get the 10 kills in a single dead eye use. I ended up using a very low deadeye use skill like "Quite The Inspiration." The idea is to carefully go for headshots while monitoring your deadeye. You can drink a deadeye potion whilie your deadeye is still active. This might work with other skills I haven't tried and are lower lvl requirement such as "Focus Fire." Good luck! I'm just glad I got that 10 dead eye kill award done with.

lockstockn1ak
On 1/1/2019 at 12:17 AM, IamCourtney said:

The only one I've been power grinding is selling 100 herbs to a doctor. 2-3 hunting trips are usually good for one round and I'm already on my 6th reset. Shame we can only do them 10 times though, great XP for little effort while it lasts.

Agreed, why limit the amount of reset??? For f*cks sake I’m jumping off my horse every 10 yards for some wild carrots or creeping thyme, please let the effort be rewarded with XP, EACH TIME, not 10 resets then f*ck it. 

wehweh01
11 minutes ago, lockstockn1ak said:

Agreed, why limit the amount of reset??? For f*cks sake I’m jumping off my horse every 10 yards for some wild carrots or creeping thyme, please let the effort be rewarded with XP, EACH TIME, not 10 resets then f*ck it. 

I don't miss that grind. On the other hand, you do get very familiar with herb locations. 

Poggy

Without being able to reset the buckle, though, herb collection becomes even more pointless ...

Callahan44
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, wehweh01 said:

I don't miss that grind. On the other hand, you do get very familiar with herb locations. 

You dont have to grind,you can. I really hope they remove the limit at some point and add cool rewards if you completed a challenge 25/50/100/250/500/1000 times. (1000 is maybe a bit too much though lol)

For weapon challenges you get weaponskins,for herbs you get hat accessoires,or a hat fully made of herbs at the later stages etc. 

Atm you grind,grind,grind but for what? Theres nothing special to get.

Edited by Callahan44

IamCourtney

There's crafting, eating and you can still sell 'em!

4eyedcoupe
14 hours ago, DLKnives said:

We sound like the same guy! :D:D:D

Haha.  I'm the PS4 version of you, and you are the xbox version of me 

Semaj 2JZ♢

Recently got awards for 50 items sold to the fence and 1000 items sold to the butcher.

wehweh01

Anyone max out in a single award for weapon usage? I'm currently close to 5,000 kills with just my revolvers. 2,000+ with pistols. I don't use the other weapons.

4eyedcoupe

Sitting at 87/100 different animals killed. I'm thinking most of them are going to be small birds that you can't pluck and if there is a panther online I haven't killed one yet.  Any tips on harder to find animals or where to find alot of different kinds of small birds?

ThaBirdCoot
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Jlindstead said:

Sitting at 87/100 different animals killed. I'm thinking most of them are going to be small birds that you can't pluck and if there is a panther online I haven't killed one yet.  Any tips on harder to find animals or where to find alot of different kinds of small birds?

If you havent got moose, look way up in snowy parts of the map, by the stranger mission from Flaco. Panther can be found under Calliga hall. You are right about birds they make up many of the species in game, pheasants are not easy to come by but sometimes near Horseshoe Overlook they spawn. Have you not found rats ? They are common in St.Denis and under Thieves landing there is a little shack also infested with them. Livestock too must be killed in my experience, Ox, cows chicken ect. Then you have Iguanas, including ghila monster and desert native to Rio Bravo/Cholla Springs. Some are also found by the islands facing Clemens Point, green one mainly. There are also Neotropic Comorant, Laughing gull, ring necked. Same locations by the water in the south, Cuban Land crab, toads ect ect. Hope I helped a bit :)

Edited by ThaBirdCoot

DLKnives
1 hour ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

Hope I helped a bit :)

You helped me! Thanks!

4eyedcoupe
1 hour ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

If you havent got moose, look way up in snowy parts of the map, by the stranger mission from Flaco. Panther can be found under Calliga hall. You are right about birds they make up many of the species in game, pheasants are not easy to come by but sometimes near Horseshoe Overlook they spawn. Have you not found rats ? They are common in St.Denis and under Thieves landing there is a little shack also infested with them. Livestock too must be killed in my experience, Ox, cows chicken ect. Then you have Iguanas, including ghila monster and desert native to Rio Bravo/Cholla Springs. Some are also found by the islands facing Clemens Point, green one mainly. There are also Neotropic Comorant, Laughing gull, ring necked. Same locations by the water in the south, Cuban Land crab, toads ect ect. Hope I helped a bit :)

89, got the panther....Where can I find crabs?(other than in a hooker's pants)

ThaBirdCoot
Posted (edited)

@Jlindstead Crabs are located off the shore on the small islands of Flat Iron Lake. Do you know the one where the Pirate boat wreckage is ? You will most certainly always find some by this wreckage wandering along the sand.

There is also different sorts of loon (bird) depending on your location; check the skies ! This one was hard to me to find. I was once stuck at 98 but then I came across them birds there are so many it can be confusing to keep track of all.

Edited by ThaBirdCoot

4eyedcoupe
1 minute ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

@Jlindstead Crabs are located off the shore on the small islands of Flat Iron Lake. Do you know the one where the Pirate boat wreckage is ? You will most certainly always find some by this wreckage wandering along the sand.

I do and thank you!

jstev4610

You get this one completed?  I got my 100 different animals pretty quick but was hitting all the different regions and shooting every bird I saw.  There are several iterations of songbirds that really increases that count.  

By far the most enjoyable buckle I’ve maxed at 10 was fishing with dynamite.  

That canoe buckle has to be the absolute worst that I’ll never get.  I’ve had trouble getting my horse, all war horses if that makes a difference, to let me try the 10 meter fall.  Does jumping off a bridge into water work?  I tried it but maybe wasn’t tall enough.  Also that buckle for clearing four camps in a day must take some planning to get, or is there a reliable loop to ride that will get them?

wehweh01
22 minutes ago, jstev4610 said:

You get this one completed?  I got my 100 different animals pretty quick but was hitting all the different regions and shooting every bird I saw.  There are several iterations of songbirds that really increases that count.  

By far the most enjoyable buckle I’ve maxed at 10 was fishing with dynamite.  

That canoe buckle has to be the absolute worst that I’ll never get.  I’ve had trouble getting my horse, all war horses if that makes a difference, to let me try the 10 meter fall.  Does jumping off a bridge into water work?  I tried it but maybe wasn’t tall enough.  Also that buckle for clearing four camps in a day must take some planning to get, or is there a reliable loop to ride that will get them?

Congrats on the 100 animal award. The horse one I actually found a youtube video. Here's a link hope it helps. 

4eyedcoupe
5 hours ago, jstev4610 said:

I'm at 90 right now.  I'm thinking the small birds are the majority of what I have left to get and I'll just shoot everyone I see, plus the crab.  

5 hours ago, jstev4610 said:

Also that buckle for clearing four camps in a day must take some planning to get, or is there a reliable loop to ride that will get them?

I did this one around the Tumbleweed side of the map one day, I think it was mostly luck, but had a fair idea of how/when some were going spawn, and got lucky on one of them popping up unexpectedly. Another tip for this, get the train and ride it from Saint Dennis(or anywhere really) around the map, you have a good chance of bumping into several.