2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
FreeMaxB585

What are the chances we get RD3 before another GTA?

FreeMaxB585

I really hope so man. GTA is so damn repetitive. Every mission you do end up in the end driving around in circles trying to lose the cops....do a drug drop off ends in a shoot out. Drive around and lose the cops. Do a side mission...drive around and lose the cops, all the same sh*t

With how great this turned out and with all the awards and loyal player base the smart move would be to ride this wave.

Here is a clip from an article before rd2 came out

In a lengthy interview with Vulture that posted a little while ago, Rockstar studio co-founder Dan Houser explained that Red Dead Redemption 3 is very much a possibility, but it really depends on how the sales of Red Dead 2 perform. He says as long as they do “well enough,” then there’s a heavy possibility.

He noted that, despite the huge level of content that Red Dead 2 has, the team does have a sequel in them “if this one does well enough and we think we have other interesting things to say.”

Edited by FreeMaxB585

oCrapaCreeper
25 minutes ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

I really hope so man. GTA is so damn repetitive. Every mission you do end up in the end driving around in circles trying to lose the cops....do a drug drop off ends in a shoot out. Drive around and lose the cops. Do a side mission...drive around and lose the cops, all the same sh*t

I mean... RDR2 isn't much better on this front. The game easily gets just as repetitive if not more, especially with the "Start mission, ride horse, execute plan, fail plan, escape law on horse" formula that follows most of the game's major events, plus the repetitive tons of micromangaing the game has such as eating, bathing, forced repeated animations to do simple things, etc.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

American Venom

I think we'll probably see Bully 2 first, followed by GTA VI. The next Red Dead game probably wont happen until well into next generation if I had to take a stab.

Virus..

2019/2020

bully-other

2021-2023 Gta Vi

2025/2028 Rdr 3

jje1000

Depends on how soon they start writing/development and how much they change the game engine.

If Rockstar doesn't mismanage themselves or keep thinking that every mainstay release must be absolutely groundbreaking (since the HD era), we could see a RDR3 utilizing a slightly upgraded version of RDR2's engine on next-gen consoles after 2022-ish.

Definitely agree that Bully is coming next, but I wonder if instead of GTA 6, we might be seeing GTAO 2? I think that Rockstar should return to a pattern of doing multiple releases instead of blockbusters every half-decade or so.

Edited by jje1000

Gtaman_92

RDR 3 will likely come after Bully 2 and GTA 6.

Piro

RD3 before another GTA? Naaah. Single player DLC or RDR1 remaster in RDR2 engine?  Thats way more likely in my opinion. 

Ingrobny

I don't know, GTA 5 was released in 2013 and RDR 2 was released this year, so if Rockstar started with GTA 6 in 2013 or 2014 and started with RDR 3 this year or in 2019, then it's more realistic that we will have a new GTA game before a new RDR game.

Maybe Rockstar are also waiting for the next gen gaming consoles? If they are not that far away, maybe they will wait for the next gen consoles?

I'm pretty sure we will see a new RDR, since it looks like it sold well and Rockstar should have plenty of ideas for a story in RDR 3, maybe about Jack Marston or when Dutch, Horsea and Arthur formed the gang?

Edited by Ingrobny

The FoolYT

In terms of the next game? I would say most likely GTA 6 or next Bully game. All other Rockstar games are kinda finished really and the main games they have on their plate or expand upon are Red Dead (Easily create a prequel or create a new storyline focused on a different outlaw or whatever, Extremely unlikely to make one in the near future considering they literally just made a Red Dead game.)

Bully - They could easily make a new story or whatever. GTA 6  - Obvious choice, Rockstars main game series. All other rockstar games have been wrapped up generally unless they want to make alternate storylines but that's not really Rockstars style. 

We maybe could see DLC for RDR2 but have no hints or whatever suggesting that DLC is coming out as far as i know.

pro24
12 hours ago, Virus.. said:

2019/2020

bully-other

2021-2023 Gta Vi

2025/2028 Rdr 3

2029 rdr3.

Spaghetti Cat

AGENT baby!

Tonesta

RDR2 did really well sales-wise in its first few weeks.....but was still running at about 70% of the pace of GTAV.

And of course GTAV/GTAO had some of the longest sales legs of any game, ever.

Financially, it would be insane not to do GTAVI before RDR3 - and actually I'd be very surprised if GTAVI hasn't already been in development for several years already.

RDR3.....well they were probably waiting to see how this one did/how it was received. There's probably a good chance now that it does get made, but I wouldn't hold out any hope of seeing it before 2028.

silly_nate

Zero

Journey_95
On 12/31/2018 at 4:33 AM, oCrapaCreeper said:

I mean... RDR2 isn't much better on this front. The game easily gets just as repetitive if not more, especially with the "Start mission, ride horse, execute plan, fail plan, escape law on horse" formula that follows most of the game's major events, plus the repetitive tons of micromangaing the game has such as eating, bathing, forced repeated animations to do simple things, etc.

You can make every game repetitive that way if you dumb them down.  Also people get salty over the micromanaging even though you barely have to eat and bath etc. I didn't even notice it was there, just like in SA.

No way is RDR3 coming out before GTA VI and I wouldn't want it to. RDR2 was amazing but it's good to let the series rest for a few years and give us another GTA again, it's already been 5+ years since GTA V. Another Bully would be interesting but I want GTA VI first 

On 12/31/2018 at 2:56 PM, Ingrobny said:

I don't know, GTA 5 was released in 2013 and RDR 2 was released this year, so if Rockstar started with GTA 6 in 2013 or 2014 and started with RDR 3 this year or in 2019, then it's more realistic that we will have a new GTA game before a new RDR game.

Maybe Rockstar are also waiting for the next gen gaming consoles? If they are not that far away, maybe they will wait for the next gen consoles?

I'm pretty sure we will see a new RDR, since it looks like it sold well and Rockstar should have plenty of ideas for a story in RDR 3, maybe about Jack Marston or when Dutch, Horsea and Arthur formed the gang?

I hope not, they should move on from the gang for the next RDR. RDR2 had a great story to tell mostly because of how vague RDR1 was and how it basically felt like the epilogue of a bigger story. There is no point in seeing a younger Dutch, Hosea etc. 

And Jack sucks + at that point the wild west is basically done

DonnieVega
Posted (edited)

They just completed RDRII so there will be quite a while before the next one. And it's pretty much known that VIce City is already in development... 

Edited by DonnieVega

XAIKON
6 hours ago, DonnieVega said:

They just completed RDRII so there will be quite a while before the next one. And it's pretty much known that VIce City is already in development... 

Vice city? Where did you pull that from?

3Prcntr
2 hours ago, XAIKON said:

Same place all these other theories come from?

DonnieVega
2 hours ago, XAIKON said:

According to The Know they had an inside source saying Rockstar was working an a game with the working title "Project Americas", which would take place both in a Miami setting and a country in South America.

I know I know, we can't be sure about the legitimacy of that leak. But since they already recreated Liberty City and Los Santos in HD there really is only one location left...

jje1000
Posted (edited)

I would almost prefer the next GTA in a new setting, like an European city over Vice City (mainly because the 80s revival/narcos vibe is already played out everywhere and Miami is not much of an eye-opening leap like Liberty City > Los Santos, even if a South American country is tacked onto it).

But that's a different discussion IMO.

It could be interesting if Guarma was also part prototyping for that supposed South American world.

Edited by jje1000

Smokewood
On 12/30/2018 at 9:12 PM, FreeMaxB585 said:

I really hope so man. GTA is so damn repetitive. Every mission you do end up in the end driving around in circles trying to lose the cops....do a drug drop off ends in a shoot out. Drive around and lose the cops. Do a side mission...drive around and lose the cops, all the same sh*t.

That wasn't my story mode experience at all.

However in RDR2 almost every mission ends with a shoot out.

I love both games....

On 12/30/2018 at 11:06 PM, Virus.. said:

2019/2020

bully-other

2021-2023 Gta Vi

2025/2028 Rdr 3

sounds logical, but I doubt it.

More like GTA 6 is never coming, just shut up and buy shark-cards!

SaturdayNight

Not to go off topic but i would really like to see cross IP development, for example what if rockstar made a resident evil game? Or if rockstar made an iteration of Fable? 

But on-topic I would love a Bully 2. If its college or adult life that would be awesome,  but if Bully 2 is off the agenda definitely GTA6, unless they get ballsy and just revive Agent... bitches.  

scotthedge12

GTA 6 in Japan please

FreeMaxB585
On 1/2/2019 at 8:39 AM, Smokewood said:

That wasn't my story mode experience at all.

However in RDR2 almost every mission ends with a shoot out.

I love both games....

sounds logical, but I doubt it.

More like GTA 6 is never coming, just shut up and buy shark-cards!

yea in rd2 a lot of things end in shoot outs. but GTA is way worse and more annoying, its all just losing the cops and driving in circles. And the world also isnt as lively. RD2 can follow every npc and they have a full life schedule.

I dont know I used to be a big gta fan but last couple has just been repetitive sh*t with losing the cops. Or accidentally doing something in RD2 can be annoying to but gta just seemed 10000x more competitive. Th Rd2 just has much better writing, an amazing atmosphere and a really good thing going. However it may be best not to rush it, maybe the next big game by Rockstar will be decent enough where we forget about the next sequel for awhile and they have plenty of time to make it kick ass

Smokewood
1 hour ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

GTA is way worse and more annoying, its all just losing the cops and driving in circles.

Again, that is not what I remember at all about story mode. 

I'm on the social club page looking at all my passed missions and trying to remember them fully. I only see a handful where I had to lose the cops at the end.

Piro
Posted (edited)
On 1/2/2019 at 11:01 PM, scotthedge12 said:

GTA 6 in Japan please

Naah

GTA VI (ce city)

Just look at it, it makes sense.

Edited by Piro

lesrima88

just my guess:

Bully 2 2020

GTA 6 2022/24

RDR3 2028

Jabalous

no chance

scotthedge12
7 hours ago, Piro said:

Naah

GTA VI (ce city)

Just look at it, it makes sense.

Had enough games in Miami already

Zello
Posted (edited)
On 1/2/2019 at 8:10 AM, jje1000 said:

I would almost prefer the next GTA in a new setting, like an European city over Vice City (mainly because the 80s revival/narcos vibe is already played out everywhere and Miami is not much of an eye-opening leap like Liberty City > Los Santos, even if a South American country is tacked onto it).

What do you mean played out everywhere? Aside from Vice City, Vice City stories and the Scarface video game there hasn't been another open world game that takes place in 1980s Miami in over 13 years!!!

Edited by Zello

Piro
11 hours ago, scotthedge12 said:

Had enough games in Miami already

Well you can speak only for yourself. I just don't think they would miss the opportunity to call it GTA VIce city 

but btw - what games? Vice City (17 years ago)? or Scarface (13 years ago)?