1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Grotti Vigilante

Who Do You Prefer - Niko Bellic or Arthur Morgan?

Who do you prefer?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer?

• Niko Bellic
    • Arthur Morgan

Grotti Vigilante

Since this is a thing on these forums I thought I’d give it a go. But anyway, in an all-out fist fight, who do you think would win between Niko Bellic from Grand Theft Auto IV, and Arthur Morgan from Red Dead Redemption II? Usually in fist fights I can give the win to Niko such as against Michael or Trevor, but in this case it’s harder to decide. Niko may be a trained fighter, but it seems like Arthur is a well experienced one. Let us consider some of the battles they fought. 

Niko beat Darden in two fights, both of which were against a knife-armed opponent, and he beat a dangerous Eddie Low in a random encounter as well. But Arthur managed to beat down Tommy, this big huge tough guy who is barely phased by Javier punching him. He also held up well against Micah while in the late stages of his tuberculosis, at which point it would’ve spread to other parts of his body. Combine that with exhaustion from fighting and falling from a cliff beforehand, he was probably in total agony during that fight. 

So while Niko is definitely trained, Arthur seems to not only possibly be well trained in a fight as well, having been raised in a gang, but he also has shown great endurance and resistance in battle. If Niko can get in the right technique he may be able to win, but Arthur might get there first. This might be the closest battle we’ve gotten in a Rockstar universe fist fight. So what do you think? Who would win in a fist fight between Niko Bellic and Arthur Morgan?

Edited by Grotti Vigilante

Hmmm nice bike

Arthur can just cough in Niko's face and spread a crippling disease to him that would send him to the hospital in no time without any punches being thrown. Arthur wins.

TheSantader25

Arthur is too big for Niko to handle and he is quick with his punches as well. Niko looks like crippled people when he fights. Arthur wins. 

Grotti Vigilante
3 hours ago, Hmmm nice bike said:

Arthur can just cough in Niko's face and spread a crippling disease to him that would send him to the hospital in no time without any punches being thrown. Arthur wins.

Tuberculosis doesn’t spread or take effec that quickly, and if the fight took place today then Niko would have no issue. TB is treatable these days, it’s just too bad it wasn’t when Arthur got it.

American Venom

Niko.

Arthur is a more worthy adversary than the GTA V protagonists, but Niko still has the upper hand IMO. Arthur proved to be tough as nails considering his circumstances, but Niko's been experienced in hand to hand combat since he was in his teens. He broke Dardan's arm with one blow with ease and even caught Brucie by surprise.

Then there's the fact he has an advanced counter set and knows how to disarm melee weapons. Oh and his motion capture just happened to be recorded by an actual MMA fighter (Bas Rutten). So yeah there's that too.😛

Legomanarthur
27 minutes ago, Miamivicecity said:

Niko.

Arthur is a more worthy adversary than the GTA V protagonists, but Niko still has the upper hand IMO. Arthur proved to be tough as nails considering his circumstances, but Niko's been experienced in hand to hand combat since he was in his teens. He broke Dardan's arm with one blow with ease and even caught Brucie by surprise.

Then there's the fact he has an advanced counter set and knows how to disarm melee weapons. Oh and his motion capture just happened to be recorded by an actual MMA fighter (Bas Rutten). So yeah there's that too.😛

Niko has that "red army sh*t" which makes him the better fighter. :lol:

Grotti Vigilante
Just now, Legomanarthur said:

Niko has that "red army sh*t" which makes him the better fighter. :lol:

Would those Red Army skills work against Arthur with a Stalin-style beard though? 

Legomanarthur
Just now, Grotti Vigilante said:

Would those Red Army skills work against Arthur with a Stalin-style beard though? 

It sure would complicate things but Niko would still end up victorious

Grotti Vigilante
Just now, Legomanarthur said:

It sure would complicate things but Niko would still end up victorious

I guess the only difference in victory would be the Soviet Anthem intensifying for Niko!

Legomanarthur
Just now, Grotti Vigilante said:

I guess the only difference in victory would be the Soviet Anthem intensifying for Niko!

And Roman asking him to go bowling afterwards, as usual.

ThatKyloRenGuy

Niko. I also agree with Miamivicecity that Arthur Morgan would be better off fighting the GTA V protagonists.

Euri13

Niko win, and just imagine if Arthur would mess with Roman, niko would end up with him no matter who he is. I think so.

American Venom
6 hours ago, ThatKyloRenGuy said:

Niko. I also agree with Miamivicecity that Arthur Morgan would be better off fighting the GTA V protagonists.

I would love to see Arthur choke out Trevor honestly. 

Equatecurl

They would be friends, why fight? :)

Sinner!

Niko would knock the tuberculosis outta that fool. 

Edited by Sinner!

DirtCheap

Both got knocked out by bottom-of-the-ladder thugs, so I don't know.

Cheatz/Trickz

The correct answer is Niko, obviously. He’s trained and he’s from the meanest streets in the world. 

Arthur has resilience but lacks skill and flair, Niko is all three. 

FemmeFatale

Niko.

Grotti Vigilante

So I thought I'd change the title and add a poll to save me making a new thread. Now I ask instead of who would win in a fist fight, who do you generally prefer as a protagonist? For me personally, I like Arthur Morgan better. I find him a bit more relateble and he's just such a well-written character, arguably the best Rockstar protagonist created to date.

American Venom
2 hours ago, Grotti Vigilante said:

So I thought I'd change the title and add a poll to save me making a new thread. Now I ask instead of who would win in a fist fight, who do you generally prefer as a protagonist? For me personally, I like Arthur Morgan better. I find him a bit more relateble and he's just such a well-written character, arguably the best Rockstar protagonist created to date.

You only done that to screw with me to see who I would pick didn't you?😛

Hmmm. Much tougher question. I really like Arthur and he's so refreshing over the generally disappointing GTA V protagonists, but Niko has a whole decade over him so I've spent far more time playing as him which I cherish so I think I would still pick Niko, but only just by the skin of my teeth. 

In some ways I think it proves just how good Niko actually is as a character and why he's still highly regarded. Since the release of Red Dead Redemption 2 I've seen him compared to Arthur more than John to Arthur (Doesn't that say something?). In the end I always find it harder to choose between two characters I like almost equally. So this is just cruel for me lol.

Grotti Vigilante
36 minutes ago, Miamivicecity said:

You only done that to screw with me to see who I would pick didn't you?😛

Hmmm. Much tougher question. I really like Arthur and he's so refreshing over the generally disappointing GTA V protagonists, but Niko has a whole decade over him that I've grown to like and cherish so I think I would still pick Niko, but only just by the skin of my teeth. 

In some ways I think it proves just how good Niko actually is as a character and why he's still highly regarded. Since the release of Red Dead Redemption 2 I've seen him compared to Arthur more than John to Arthur (Doesn't that say something?). In the end I always find it harder to choose between two characters I like almost equally. So this is just cruel for me lol.

2r02uq.jpg

Edited by Grotti Vigilante

FearThoseWhoFearHim

Niko Bellic can blow Arthur with one hand and blind.

TheSantader25

I always said Niko is overrated af IMO. Arthur is one of the best if not the best protagonists R* created. How Ironic that people called him "bland" pre release. 

American Venom
36 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

I always said Niko is overrated af IMO. Arthur is one of the best if not the best protagonists R* created. How Ironic that people called him "bland" pre release. 

It seems most R* protagonists prove peoples' pre-release skepticism wrong. I have to admit I thought Arthur wasn't going to be that interesting especially compared to John and honestly as great as John was in Red Dead Redemption Arthur is just so much more compelling he makes John look dull and that's taking nothing away from John. It's just night and day IMO. 

Hell as much as Niko's now my favourite GTA protagonist I wasn't immediately drawn to him in trailers. It wasn't until I started playing through the story his character started coming to life that I started attaching myself to him. Now it's impossible to picture anyone else as the protagonist in GTA IV.

We'll never see eye to eye when comes to GTA protagonists especially Niko, but there is one common thread we both seem to view Arthur in almost the exact same way. The world is a strange place, but it can bring people together with different views, tastes etc every so often.😉

TheSantader25
5 minutes ago, Miamivicecity said:

It seems most R* protagonists prove peoples' pre-release skepticism wrong. I have to admit I thought Arthur wasn't going to be that interesting especially compared to John and honestly as great as John was in Red Dead Redemption Arthur is just so much more compelling he makes John look dull and that's taking nothing away from John. It's just night and day IMO. 

Hell as much as Niko's now my favourite GTA protagonist I wasn't immediately drawn to him in trailers. It wasn't until I started playing through the story his character started coming to life that I started attaching myself to him. Now it's impossible to picture anyone else as the protagonist in GTA IV.

We'll never see eye to eye when comes to GTA protagonists especially Niko, but there is one common thread we both seem to view Arthur in almost the exact same way. The world is a strange place, but it can bring people together with different views, tastes etc every so often.😉

I think I might be one of the few that expected him to be one of my favorites pre release. I liked him straight after watching the second trailer. I gotta say though I like most R* protagonists. They kinda always seem more like what I like to see in the protagonist I play as and other games barely offer that. A rare example is Joel from TLOU that I liked as much as a R* protagonist. Though R* have disappointed me sometimes as well with the likes of Toni and Vic. 

I liked Niko more or less but I just think he's overrated. That's all😉

Shadowfennekin

I prefer Arthur but Niko would definitely win in a fight

John_Wade_007

I like both of them

Journey_95

Both are amazing protagonists, the best Rockstar has created. But I prefer Niko because of nostalgia + his story was more interesting from the beginning while Arthur shines more later on

eCola
On 12/30/2018 at 4:58 AM, American Venom said:

I would love to see Arthur choke out Trevor honestly. 

Considering how strong the punches in RDR2 are, I would love it even more if Arthur f*cked up Trevor's skull

Nik0 Bellic
Posted (edited)
On 1/13/2019 at 7:45 AM, TheSantader25 said:

I think the same about being overeated, but it may be because of being a hard fan of gta4, also lots of people didn't like cj because of him being so soft to people who bully him, and niko wasn't even close to cj at that case, so gettin a protagonist like tommy again maybe felt so good when the game came out and some still aint forgotten it yet.

Edited by Nik0 Bellic