3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Jerking For Soup

How was 2018 for you?

Caysle

Best year for me. I got my driving license, also been hitting the gym for several months and already feeling and looking much better. Introduced myself to redpill, no regrets about that. in short I expect much better from myself in 2019

Target13

Overcame depression, started to exercise more often, got elected to office and started a business. Been a decent year.

Tacymist

Nobody I know died this year so that made it a good one for me.

Miketv

The year of disappointments. In every department: social, professional and personal. It was bad, plain and simple.

Frustrated Tony Soprano GIF

BlackScout

Update: It got worse. My dog died. Oof.

Neon_Dreaming
11 minutes ago, BlackScout said:

Update: It got worse. My dog died. Oof.

Sorry for your loss. I've been there, pets are special.

Tacymist

I've lost my share of pets over the years, but they still live on in my heart and memories. Sorry for your loss, man. 

Quinn_flower

Only thing good got a better job. Everything else just been despresing esp towards the end of this year.

Coleco

2018. A year of bullsh*t, bureaucracy, and bullsh*t bureaucracy. Among many, many, MANY other things.

I am going to be nothing short of an absolute liability on New Year's Eve once the alcohol is flowing :pp

Or, as I will be calling it this year, the F*ck Off 2018 party

Edited by Coleco
F*ck 2018

Mister Pinkerton

It's been a mixed bag. Completed and passed my return to college which is great, gave up smoking cigarettes on Jan 1st, and really got a chance to focus on my hobbies. I learned a lot 2018. Still, have depressive bouts and social life is piss-poor. On the plus side, I'm learning to just enjoy my own company and focus on my hobbies and things I like to study.  

I'm remaining positive. When I look back at my achievements this last year, I should be very proud and happy but still a lot more work to do. 

Edited by Mister Pinkerton

HockeyMike24

My year has been pretty boring for the most part, except I shuffled my life around financially.

Started my year off buying my VW MK7 GTI which I still love daily driving and modding. I sold my 30ft Catalina sailboat because I couldn't afford to keep it and used the cash to travel to Jamaica (last week) and Scotland this summer. 

Oh, and I can smoke my weed in public now which is nice

Miamivicecity
2 hours ago, Mister Pinkerton said:

Completed and passed my return to college which is great 

That's excellent news dude. Out of curiosity what degree did you do? I'm still undertaking my Bachelor Of I.T degree, but I've been doing it part time which is why it's taking a bit longer.

BlackScout
7 hours ago, Tacymist said:

I've lost my share of pets over the years, but they still live on in my heart and memories. Sorry for your loss, man. 

7 hours ago, Neon_Dreaming said:

Sorry for your loss. I've been there, pets are special.

Thanks. He died of old age but you know... That empty feeling right now kinda sucks. 

Chamberman20

A very unpredictable but rewarding year.

Mister Pinkerton
11 hours ago, Miamivicecity said:

That's excellent news dude. Out of curiosity what degree did you do? I'm still undertaking my Bachelor Of I.T degree, but I've been doing it part time which is why it's taking a bit longer.

Thanks and back at you bro. My degree is in digital technology and online marketing.  I would like to do a more IT/Networks focussed course in the future or graphic design to compliment my online marketing skills. 

I'm happy for you though. Some of the part-time courses aren't really part-time at all when you factor in all the study time and coursework. So, when anyone says "part-time" to me, I'm always considering the work and if they do that on top of a job too, I think it's crazy.

Edited by Mister Pinkerton

fast and bulbous squid

2018 has been a year of great growth for me. There's been lots of anxiety and hardship involved, but I think overall it will all lead to the best year of my life in 2019 ☺️☺️☺️

just do it bob1
1 hour ago, fast and bulbous squid said:

2018 has been a year of great growth for me. There's been lots of anxiety and hardship involved, but I think overall it will all lead to the best year of my life in 2019 ☺️☺️☺️

did 2018 have a lot of sexual tension?   if you know, you know.

Candy_Licker

Probably my worst and best year at the same time (only time will tell)

My life is still a trainwreck, but my chronic diseease is in slumber and I've made some good friends. These last few months have been decent and giving me hope.

Flachbau

same sh*t different year really

Shaytan
Posted (edited)

It was pretty nice, actually. Did well last year in college, got along with the musical group which proved not only to be very fun to have other folks to play music with (also one of the reasons I've improved exponentially in the guitar last year - another great achievement for me) and got to play live several times, including on two festivals, but also a great group of friends on a college I had almost no friends (the result of both having trouble making friends on a place mostly made out of social groups and not identifying with most people in that environment). Things with my girlfriend this year went very nice and we had a lot of fun; already mentioned but I've improved quite a lot in the guitar, which felt very rewarding.

Well, not to speak that in comparison with the awful sh*t 2017 was, it wouldn't be too hard to beat. Had failed that year in college real bad, me and my best friend ever since high school parted ways and was on the edge of filing the papers to try and go to a different college (it wasn't particularly nice to see arrogant professors treating like sh*t the students who weren't kissing their asses neither not to have many friends in there and spending most of the time by myself).

Edited by Shaytan

Fireman
Posted (edited)

A decent year, but far too many changes which have made me incredibly stressed for the past six months. Started a full-time PhD in a big city with only women as colleagues that I do not know well enough to relax around, even though they're really nice colleagues.There were fun times, like going to conferences and getting my first article published, but literally everything has revolted around work or colleagues and it has been tiring. Had to sacrifice (too) much of myself to adapt and fit in.

I don't want to be an adult yet.

On the plus side I got a well-respected job with a lot of responsibilities and I am enjoying it. I suppose you can't wish for much more.

Edited by Fireman

GTA_CAT

It was a f*cking sh*t till I stopped feeling anything at all. Then it became more bearable.