Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Rithrius

Gold is a scam!

Recommended Posts

areyouchappin

 

5 minutes ago, fejkb said:

 

Paying for extra DLC or cosmetic changes ISN'T PAY TO PLAY. You can play without it and earn that damn premium currency by plaing this game. Do you even have brain or you just keep talking sh*t?

I never said paying for extra DLC(like Undead Nightmare or extra content that adds to the original game) is pay to play that is simply just DLC. What can make DLC pay to play is if the game is purposely designed to make players pay 2 play in the first place. And once again, Yes, it is Pay 2 Play... if you can purchase the content before you can unlock it through gameplay, that is Pay 2 Play. This isn't talking sh*t, this is facts. If you don't pay extra, you will have to wait longer than everyone else even though you paid the same initial asking price as everyone else.. this purely a money scheme to see if people will buy extra things early....

 

5 minutes ago, fejkb said:

Back before premium DLC and MTX developers RARELY supported their games after releasing. These days companies work on their products YEARS AFTER RELEASING. It ain't freaking charity.

What do you think happens after a game launches? an entire company stays behind to work on the 7 or 8 game patches and minor fixes that get released lol A team of 8-10 people can get that job done, especially nowadays with all the tech they have at their fingertips. The rest of the company or companies, move on to the next contract and start a new project to make more money.

 

5 minutes ago, fejkb said:

For the record I didn't buy ANY MTX in ANY game, so you can shut your mouth with "my MTX" and not having brain. You talk like rebellious kid from "superior mind" meme.

You sure sound like you do, sorry if you don't like my opinion lol I don't like your opinion either, that doesn't mean I'm right and you're wrong though.
 

5 minutes ago, fejkb said:

Fortnite is childish game because it's cartoony? Damn, didn't know cartoons at all are childish and the only appropriate entertainment for adults are war movies or thrillers (following your logic).

No, it's a childish game because it's a game with mostly children playing it lmao

 

21 minutes ago, fejkb said:

You wanna bitch and moan about it? Go to that thread and do that. Stop being that asshole who must spam everywhere about bad companies, MTX and stuff. 

I can see you have no knowledge about how gaming industry works, so just please stop it.

 

You're the one being an asshole and bitching and moaning about my opinion in the first place but of course I'M the one who has to leave.... yeah okay bud lol
My post and my opinion agreed with the OP that Gold Bars are a scam, where in the fk am I just being an asshole for no reason? I was adding to the topic, you however have made this an argument about your opinion vs my opinion which I do not care about. If you weren't so fragile you wouldn't have gotten triggered by my first post to begin this whole thing.

 

If I'm gonna post something, I try my absolute best to make sure it has evidence behind it or I have personally seen it done. You either skipped through my posts or you didn't understand what was said, and that it your problem not mine. I'm not going to spell it out for you any further, Micro-transactions or Gold Bars are a scam and anyone who buys them is only going to make more micro-transactions become available which will limit the game for newcomers in the coming years, exactly like GTA:Online has done. (unless R* somehow learned from the past and change things with RD:Online...)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr.Rosenthal

Tbf, considering all the games I pirated when I was younger, I probably owe the gaming industry still lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
areyouchappin
1 minute ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

Tbf, considering all the games I pirated when I was younger, I probably owe the gaming industry still lol

Can't forget about how much we all probably owe the music or movie industry too lol

Edited by areyouchappin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gleeman Vox

I thought we were done with this?

buying gold bars is a scam because of how f*cking easy it is to make gold in the game.

 

I already have the Leather Duster, Black Arabian, and the level 98,99 gunbelt/holster

 

Plus, it’s not like the game is pay to win when the f*cking varmint rifle is literally the cheapest gun in the game, and the overpowered ability cards can’t be bought with gold.

 

also f*ck this youtuber, just another regurgitating bandwagoning Yongyea/thequartering where every f*cking video is about “sjws” or “the war on microtransactions”

Edited by PSNGTAforumuser
another reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Accendo

Oh sh*t, this is actually pretty bad. Like class-action lawsuit kind of bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fejkb

@areyouchappin you’re being delusional. You read and you don’t understand. I won’t respond anymore to you, because it’s meaningless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TiberiusMcQueen

I've contacted their support numerous times about this, and they keep claiming it's fixed despite the fact that it obviously isn't. I was willing to just call it a bad oversight at first, but that it is still in the game now is just unacceptably incompetent and borderline criminal.

Edited by TiberiusMcQueen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Callahan44
1 hour ago, PSNGTAforumuser said:

I thought we were done with this?

buying gold bars is a scam because of how f*cking easy it is to make gold in the game.

 

I already have the Leather Duster, Black Arabian, and the level 98,99 gunbelt/holster

 

Plus, it’s not like the game is pay to win when the f*cking varmint rifle is literally the cheapest gun in the game, and the overpowered ability cards can’t be bought with gold.

 

also f*ck this youtuber, just another regurgitating bandwagoning Yongyea/thequartering where every f*cking video is about “sjws” or “the war on microtransactions”

Easy? Yes. But it takes ages. 

10 missions for one gold...in gta you got like 150k or more after 10 missions,allowing you to buy a garage or a few (not so great cars). 

Imo its not pay to win,and the lack of content in general is the biggest problem. But locking so many items behind gokd still really sucks and it will probably only get worse in future. Wouldnt be suprised if they lock some real cool stuff behind like 200 gold(like hotair baloon).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamesPet345

Why are people still complaining about gold bars is a scam?

 

Online is in Beta and be patient about it.

 

 

If you really want to buy Gold bars then you're wasting your money. Walk away from the gold bars store.

 

Start doing the story mode missions and stranger missions that give 0.11 gold bars.

 

Or you can wait for Rockstar to give away the free gold bars and start saving up for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarksunDaFirst

Without watching the video or any other posts on this thread, I can safely say:

Yeh, what else is new?

Better than Atoms.

Edited by DarksunDaFirst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rithrius
2 hours ago, JamesPet345 said:

Online is in Beta

 

That stopped being an excuse the second they opened up the gold store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chrismads
5 hours ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

well you become THE gunslinger. not to be messed with, and never misses a shot!

 

But have you ever looked at another players gunbelt? I dont think anyone would ever notice you 15 gold gunbelt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The FoolYT

Well It's good they didn't allow you to buy gold for ability card upgrades or allow you to exchange for cash but we should already be expecting that option to not be a thing. i cba to watch the video you linked tbh but i would just say the pricing of items with gold is kinda not balanced. Some items should be worth increments of gold rather than just bars like certain colourings and the likes.

 

I would choose paid quality (not cosmetic stuff, actual content like TBOGT, TLAD or Undead Nightmare) DLC over MTX any day.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LowG187

Does anyone else enjoy grabbing a friend and heading onto RDO or GTAO earning money/gold for the missions and other things you do? That's all I did when GTAO came out we just had fun playing the game. Once we got to a rank that allowed us to purchase items we always have the money to buy whatever we wanted as soon as it was unlocked. Gold Bars aren't giving anyone an edge over other players in the game so i'm fine with them. The problem that i thought i was going to have was when someone could actually go and unlock and higher level gun/item with gold with only being at a level "2" ranking but that isn't the case so again im fine with these micro transactions they aren't affecting my online gameplay at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bakkerbaard

Also a scam that started out as a good idea: 

- taxes

- politics

- healthcare insurance

If I had any kind of patience I could probably think up enough to find the character-cap for a single post.

Microtransactions as they were in something like GTAO were a good idea. I never payed a single real dime to get an arseload worth of extra content, I just worked for it and in the years that I've worked for it, Rockstar actually gave me gifts for loyally working on it. I haven't the heart to tell them I played other games in between.

But then somebody accidentally knocked the lid off the toxic barrel that accountants are kept in and they crawled out, hissing and lashing their forked tongues over the financial records, instantly tasting their prey. Drawing slimey trails between desks and hallways they cornered a few poor bastards that thought they had a good balance, showed them their fangs, beady with poisonous droplets, and writhed and postured until microtransactions were tipped out of balance towards the company.

I don't blame Rockstar. I don't blame Take2. I blame Spencer, the cleaner on the second floor. If he hadn't been so careless, the accountants would still be safely tucked away and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

 

RDR2 is Pay 2 Play though. In fact, every single game I've played is (not counting PC games because... pirates).

Now, if you consider RDO a seperate game it definitely is not Pay 2 Play, is it? It came with the game I payed for, but to be able to play it I have to pay a grand total of nothing. Nevermind looking cool. I can play the game in a duster (which goes for a bloody gold bar! What the hell?) and stovepipe hat and a carbine with just gunmetal finish. Purely by defention RDO is not Pay 2 Play.

And unless something goes on at the higher levels, it's not Pay 2 Win either. As far as I can tell, the only reason I'm not winning is because I can't seem to get aim-lock-flick-up into muscle memory and I haven't come across anything I could buy with converted realworld money only that will help me win.

 

Are we earning too little? Ofcourse we are. We always will because we are average tossers who prefer to spend their time playing videogames and then bitch about them instead of using that time to better ourselves. This does not include the couple of you that are doctors and lawyers and the like. I never heard one of those complain they don't get paid enough and besides, it it's a lot more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes.

Are we earning too little compared to the effort we put in? No, I don't think so. The only real effort I ever put in was change my MTU settings for GTA and my pay went up accordingly, so... Also, I was pretty entertained. Isn't that the point really?

If you're still bitching about everything that's wrong it's probably because, like me, you want the game to be something good and are holding out against better judgement to see what happens when these daft holidays are over, or maybe even that far away time that the beta tag comes off. If it was really bothering you, me or anyone moaning instead of reading reviews for other games then we'd be playing something else by now.

 

tl,dr:

f*ck you, Spencer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Furi0sa
8 hours ago, fejkb said:

First of all, cut that offensive bullsh*t.

Paying for extra DLC or cosmetic changes ISN'T PAY TO PLAY. You can play without it and earn that damn premium currency by plaing this game. Do you even have brain or you just keep talking sh*t?

Back before premium DLC and MTX developers RARELY supported their games after releasing. These days companies work on their products YEARS AFTER RELEASING. It ain't freaking charity.

For the record I didn't buy ANY MTX in ANY game, so you can shut your mouth with "my MTX" and not having brain. You talk like rebellious kid from "superior mind" meme. 

Fortnite is childish game because it's cartoony? Damn, didn't know cartoons at all are childish and the only appropriate entertainment for adults are war movies or thrillers (following your logic).

You wanna bitch and moan about it? Go to that thread and do that. Stop being that asshole who must spam everywhere about bad companies, MTX and stuff. 

I can see you have no knowledge about how gaming industry works, so just please stop it.

 

Do you work for these devs? Stop defending microtransactions, its gross and leads to boring, grindy greedy games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FreeMaxB585
13 hours ago, Chrismads said:

Micro transactions should be all out illegal. I have no sympathy or respect for anyone trying to ptw anyway

 

Edit. I know there's no pay to win in game anymore, but buying a rank locked horse for real money would be ptw

 

yea and they arent going to let people buy ranked locked things so dont matter

57 minutes ago, scotthedge12 said:

Do you work for these devs? Stop defending microtransactions, its gross and leads to boring, grindy greedy games.

 

you are so far off man. in a game like this micro trans are FINE!!! Because they put out in my opinion the best single player game of all time. An amazing game can easily put 150 hours or more into it. So them making some money for an online mode is fine. The online mode is even extra gravy, more missions to do with friends and keep the experience alive. Most stuff is level locked anyway. they earned the right to have them in the game @areyouchappin  you are acting like we only got some 20 hour SP game. A lot of the stuff is level locked anyway, and majority of the good sh*t you can just get with cash not even needing gold. only some is gold locked and nothing thats even better than what you can get for the money option

 

There is really no pay to win. A head shot is a head shot. The fastest and best horses can get with money as well. Majority of the best OP guns in the game are all for money not the gold. There isnt some Ak 47 super alien gun that is 25 gold that is a one shot kill from a 900 yard distance

Edited by FreeMaxB585

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FreeMaxB585
10 hours ago, HockeyMike24 said:

The fact the microtransactions are available in a beta stage with very minimal content is a joke. At this point I have no respect for R*

 

Why is online even in beta? They had 7 years and we all paid full price for a beta with no end date!

not sure if serious. yes they had 7 years and put out a SP where you can get hundreds of hours of content out of. The beta is to test servers, see what people like and dont like. fix flaws etc. Only about 15% of the story missions they plan on doing have been released.

And there is a crap ton of content. All the modes like battle royal and death matches etc. Story missions with friends. Tons of stranger quests all over the map doing all different things.

 

This game even getting an online mode is just extra gravy. Without it a ton of people would be done with this amazing game by now. Do you want a game like god of war 4? play the story for 25 hours beat it and NEVER touch it again? Or just other SP games with no replay value where you beat it and never play it again. Everyone damn sure got their 60$ worth on SP ALONE. The online is extra gravy. Majority of the best SP games in the last decade didnt have online, where players finish them and never think about the game again. So not only did we get a huge SP but all this online content. It would be different if the SP was only 35 hours long.... (but sh*t even then thats more hours than all of god of war 4). Not sure if being overly greedy or what expectations have.

 

I guess some people will never be satisfied. Fact is if there was no online mode at all, RD2 goes down as the best game I have ever played. But having a way to make a gang with my friends, do story missions where we vote on the outcomes, play team games etc. We got way more than a 60$ experience...sh*t fallout 76 had the same budget as this game. Or even wolfenstein for 60$ get a 17 hour game at the most and then nothing more, no multiplayer or anything at all. Again some people will never be satisfied

3 hours ago, Rithrius said:

 

That stopped being an excuse the second they opened up the gold store.

 

I disagree. again it was too test everything out. Make sure transaction store works good etc. Only about 15% of the story missions have been released, they are adding a ton more strangers, and a lot more different team play game types. So yes it is a beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
areyouchappin
8 minutes ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

 @areyouchappin  you are acting like we only got some 20 hour SP game.

I love the Single Player and have never complained about it. What pisses me off is R* created a purposely limited online experience purely for the sake of making extra money off of players who for some reason pay into micro-transactions. I gave R* the benefit of the doubt when they updated the game the first time and Gold Bars weren't available yet, but then the very next update came and the Gold Store was the first thing they prioritized... not the bugged systems, the glitches, the missing items, the constant disconnections, the clippings, the falling through the maps, the disappearing missions icons, the fked up Camp spawns, the spawns in general, ETC ETC ETC. R* should have put making more money off of us at the end of their To-Do List and instead fixed some of those bugs and issues we complained about in their feedback form that they encouraged us to use but obviously didn't care. The Beta is still going on, so I have my hopes up for a big update once it's finished, but until then I am highly unimpressed with RD: Online, it's nothing more than a beautiful game of grinding the same sh*t over and over, hunting or killing players. If the Beta ends and nothing has really changed, then  R* was honestly better off creating a purely Single Player game at this point, because RD:Online is looking like it's going to be EXACTLY like GTA:Online only slower paced(for now).

 

Also, just wanted to point out that God of War won Game of the Year over RDR2 with a 25 hour storyline and with absolutely no multiplayer at all and very limited replay value... I think RDR2 should have won GotY but I was just letting you know lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HockeyMike24

@FreeMaxB585 You said it yourself, they only released 15% of the story. Am I suppose to be satisfied with that with my Ultimate Edition purchase?

 

Keep in mind I pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition to get all the online bonuses. However, R* conveniently announces the online is incomplete and in a beta stage after release. They never said this beta was for server stress tests, so why should I assume that? Why should I believe this fully completed online experience will just appear soon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TiberiusMcQueen
13 hours ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

not sure if serious. yes they had 7 years and put out a SP where you can get hundreds of hours of content out of. The beta is to test servers, see what people like and dont like. fix flaws etc. Only about 15% of the story missions they plan on doing have been released.

And there is a crap ton of content. All the modes like battle royal and death matches etc. Story missions with friends. Tons of stranger quests all over the map doing all different things.

 

This game even getting an online mode is just extra gravy. Without it a ton of people would be done with this amazing game by now. Do you want a game like god of war 4? play the story for 25 hours beat it and NEVER touch it again? Or just other SP games with no replay value where you beat it and never play it again. Everyone damn sure got their 60$ worth on SP ALONE. The online is extra gravy. Majority of the best SP games in the last decade didnt have online, where players finish them and never think about the game again. So not only did we get a huge SP but all this online content. It would be different if the SP was only 35 hours long.... (but sh*t even then thats more hours than all of god of war 4). Not sure if being overly greedy or what expectations have.

 

I guess some people will never be satisfied. Fact is if there was no online mode at all, RD2 goes down as the best game I have ever played. But having a way to make a gang with my friends, do story missions where we vote on the outcomes, play team games etc. We got way more than a 60$ experience...sh*t fallout 76 had the same budget as this game. Or even wolfenstein for 60$ get a 17 hour game at the most and then nothing more, no multiplayer or anything at all. Again some people will never be satisfied

 

I disagree. again it was too test everything out. Make sure transaction store works good etc. Only about 15% of the story missions have been released, they are adding a ton more strangers, and a lot more different team play game types. So yes it is a beta

I've seen genuine beta tests of microtransaction stores before. And this does not count as one. Testing that is something you do early on, in a genuine beta environment with character resets and making the currency purchases free. They aren't testing it, they just straight up turned it on without making sure the game and its players were actually ready for it. The moment they turned on the store, and allowed people to spend real money on the game, it ceased to be a Beta and became nothing more than an incomplete and broken online addition to RDR2. I agree, that getting online in addition to the main game is fantastic, RDR2 is more than worth the money I spent on it, and I realize that the online is incomplete, but the way that it's being handled by the developers is just appalling, with the issues that the game currently has the online store should not have been turned on yet, it was incredibly irresponsible to activate the store so soon.

Edited by TiberiusMcQueen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jedster

I am sad when I am thinking about what gaming industry have become. I remember the times when you bought a game, you get everything that you paid for, there was no preorder extras, no early access, no betas, and most importantly no BS.

We had demos for almost every new game so you could try the game before you bought it and if you did, the full game was the same, just full.

 

Some time later, more and more DLC's started coming out and I thought "nice, more content for my favorite games" and I was pretty happy to pay for them, cos it was worth it. Than some smartars had awesome idea, why bother with more content when we can cut off some stuff of the base game and sell it as DLC later for more money right? And why stop there? Let's make some useless overpriced cosmetics as pre-order bonuses and call it Ultimate Legendary Exclusive GiveUsMoreMunehForNothing Edition with 300$ price tag.

 

Once community had enough of this sh*tty practices, publishers realized they cannot do this anymore and find out that MP+MTX from mobile games are new gold mine, and since than we have MP (With sh*tty DMR) in almost every new game that come out these days, because why bother with actual meaningful content for SP when we can slap thousands of useless skins and emotes into the MP and make sh*t ton of MUNEH with minimal effort?!

 

Today there are no demos, instead we have early access, Alfa and Beta stages of the games for which we have to actually pay for to even play. Basically unfinished and unpolished games with half of the content and ton of bugs and glitches. Than when you play same game after release, you find out that the game is completely different (not in good sense mostly) and you preordered 60$ garbage.

 

TBH I'd rather pay for SP/MP DLC's with good content than have 12 currencies in the game because of MTX.

Witcher 3 is very nice example of how successful can good game be, even without DMR and with paid DLC's.

Than again, why bother with that when the MTX sh*t works like a charm right? Every business was created with the vision of profit and game publishers are no different. So I believe MTX are here to stay until they come up with even more scam-ish business model or ppl stop buying them... which is very unlikely.

 

Either way, I have never bought any MTX or cosmetics for real money so far and I do not plan to do so any time soon.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Wandering Hunter

meh i have 73 gold after not spending any. enough for the best horse, and then some clothes. and i havnt spent a penny. just play missions and milk the time based payouts.

 

the gun customisation can f*ck itself though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
•—•

I've earned 163.82 bars. Spent 128.00 bars. Have 52.48 bars at the moment. Don't really need to buy gold from microtransactions. The gun customisation, gold tints look horrible. It makes all the weapons look nearly the same.

Edited by Ektope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Display Name

Be happy that there are people dumb enough to buy gold and fund you free dlc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iddqdvie

pay2play=if you can cut waiting time with mtx

pay2win=if mtx buys you an advantage

 

pay2win has been removed

 

pay2play is limited to cosmetical items

 

it wont get any better than this

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Van_Hellsing

Gta online was very fun with the bank heists. Players had to work together to make money. I made some good friends with the criminal mastermind challenge. 

 

If I ride around in RDR2 online, I am amazed with the technological Master piece of the scenery. But I do not want to be friends with anybody. 

 

If I pass somebody, I get my shotgun out, just in case. Almost always some d-bag is camping at the butcher. Or the butcher glitches. My pelt are gone.

 

Constantly you are reminded of buying gold. I was 50 ct short, buy now for two gold bars. 

 

R* understands the value of griefing. Some losers just want to see the world burn. And use their parents' credit card or allowance to buy stuff. So they do not have to grind. 

 

Until Rockstar improves the player experience I will not touch the gold mine. I unlocked the most things I want anyway. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FreeMaxB585
14 hours ago, HockeyMike24 said:

@FreeMaxB585 You said it yourself, they only released 15% of the story. Am I suppose to be satisfied with that with my Ultimate Edition purchase?

 

Keep in mind I pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition to get all the online bonuses. However, R* conveniently announces the online is incomplete and in a beta stage after release. They never said this beta was for server stress tests, so why should I assume that? Why should I believe this fully completed online experience will just appear soon?

 

Yea you should be because its an amazing single player. would you rather just finish SP and not have any online mode for about 4 months????..... Or rather have a beta with at least things to do. Story missions with friends, stranger missions, all the showdown game types. You are mad that all the content isnt out right away. Well things take time, they pulled off a massive SP that took tons of time. You are being greedy if you expected to have that size of a SP and then have everything they want in the online out already. So again would you rather beat the SP and not have anything else for 4 months? And then in 4 months get all the story missions at once, rest pf the strangers etc, or at least have good bit of content to play in the mean time?

16 hours ago, areyouchappin said:

I love the Single Player and have never complained about it. What pisses me off is R* created a purposely limited online experience purely for the sake of making extra money off of players who for some reason pay into micro-transactions. I gave R* the benefit of the doubt when they updated the game the first time and Gold Bars weren't available yet, but then the very next update came and the Gold Store was the first thing they prioritized... not the bugged systems, the glitches, the missing items, the constant disconnections, the clippings, the falling through the maps, the disappearing missions icons, the fked up Camp spawns, the spawns in general, ETC ETC ETC. R* should have put making more money off of us at the end of their To-Do List and instead fixed some of those bugs and issues we complained about in their feedback form that they encouraged us to use but obviously didn't care. The Beta is still going on, so I have my hopes up for a big update once it's finished, but until then I am highly unimpressed with RD: Online, it's nothing more than a beautiful game of grinding the same sh*t over and over, hunting or killing players. If the Beta ends and nothing has really changed, then  R* was honestly better off creating a purely Single Player game at this point, because RD:Online is looking like it's going to be EXACTLY like GTA:Online only slower paced(for now).

 

Also, just wanted to point out that God of War won Game of the Year over RDR2 with a 25 hour storyline and with absolutely no multiplayer at all and very limited replay value... I think RDR2 should have won GotY but I was just letting you know lol

 

RD2 won all the awards that matter lol. And you do realize that in that game of the year it was votes by some game journalists? All the other countries in their awards of RD2. I dont think god of war 4 is even close to game of the year.....How many people are playing it right now??? Probably none. People played it for 3 days and beat it, and never touched it again. RD2 by time get to half way in chapter 3 you would ave more hours than GOW4. No co op, not much content. And even 3 months from now....how many people will be playing it. Most likely none. I am pissed I spent 60$ on it. Was it fun and good? YES. But for 60$??? f*ck that 60$ for a game thats done in about 25-30 hours. Should have used game fly. Current day I dont think a game thats beaten in 25-30 hours is worth 60$, with little replay value. Loved the game but RD2 offers 10000x more. People will be playing this for a long time while gow4 will fizzle out as it has already

 

And again with the gold. who cares??? It will stay level locked. All the best stuff you can get with just the money, same for the horses, who cares if some cosmetic things are locked? It doesn't ruin the experience for anyone. Again its not like with gold you can get some ak 47 one body shot kill type of gun. It effects nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HockeyMike24
Just now, FreeMaxB585 said:

 

Yea you should be because its an amazing single player. would you rather just finish SP and not have any online mode for about 4 months????..... Or rather have a beta with at least things to do. Story missions with friends, stranger missions, all the showdown game types. You are mad that all the content isnt out right away. Well things take time, they pulled off a massive SP that took tons of time. You are being greedy if you expected to have that size of a SP and then have everything they want in the online out already. So again would you rather beat the SP and not have anything else for 4 months? And then in 4 months get all the story missions at once, rest pf the strangers etc, or at least have good bit of content to play in the mean time?

I would rather a fully completed game, SP and online like advertised before launch. I liked the SP but was really looking forward to online too.

 

Silly me for expecting the game to be finished lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FreeMaxB585
1 minute ago, HockeyMike24 said:

I would rather a fully completed game, SP and online like advertised before launch. I liked the SP but was really looking forward to online too.

 

Silly me for expecting the game to be finished lol

 

What they wanted to do was release the SP. And give people a lot of time to finish it. You have to keep in mind that the average gamer can only play a few hours a week or maybe a couple a day. They wanted to just have the SP for a good period of time so people can beat it before going online.

 

What you have to understand is majority of the workers were only working for the SP. And instead of making people wait 3-4 months they wanted to give the players some type of content in the mean time. And again what really must understand is the point of the beta. They didnt claim that when buying the game that the online mode would be fully ready on launch. Never once did they say that so why would you expect that? Now they have the full team only working online. The point of the beta is to make sure the servers work, polish it up and fix any glitches. Get some feedback on what fans like and dont like. etc. that type of thing. It would have been moronic to release the full online content right from the start without a beta run first. Cause then fans could cry at a # of things. But now they can make sure that everything is fixed, work on all the story missions and make sure they are actually good etc.

 

There is only so many workers who can work on the game. For the SP we got would have made it impossible to have all the online content ready so soon. But now they are all in. And again its better this way so they can polish things up and take in feedback

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.