2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyMike24

Is Rockstars feedback system a cruel joke?

HockeyMike24
10 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

They've said they've got stuff planned for the new year. I'd wait until then. Getting wound up over cruel jokes is premature when it's only been here a month or so. Have some faith.

I hear what you're saying, but releasing a AAA title that I paid full price, plus the ultimate edition for to get a surprise beta is very disappointing and misleading. Not to mention micro transactions are now available during their BS feedback beta stage... That's a little premature for a beta if you ask me.

I just wish I never got the Ultimate edition. I was under the impression online was ready. I didn't know I was getting a steam early access game.

R* is lucky they made an amazing SP experience, otherwise I'm sure their would be more outrage about this. Instead people are so fast to defend because we all know R* has the potential to delivery the goods. Unfortunately it looks like the game is in T2's hands now. 

The FoolYT

Very interesting to see that there is the invite only options and such but it's not activated or toggled on or whatever. I wouldn't mind having stranger missions turned off or the free mode events, hunting is probably the main thing people want to do in the private lobbies and a few probably want to RP in peace i guess.

Rockstar is a big company with big pockets and had alotta time, so quite surprised to see how barebones RDOnline is but i hope they don't take like years to add meaningful content. ( e.g. I wouldn't like it if the first few DLCs were just cosmetic stuff, I'm sure plenty will like that or be willing to pay gold bars for cosmetic stuff but that ain't my style )

I ain't 100% sure if they review feedback but i think they probably do otherwise why set up the system, they probably skim read it or maybe use a "Word counter" system (like they can search for how many times a term or phrase pops up in different emails to evaluate popularity.

tonko
3 hours ago, Ektope said:

In case you didn't know. Dynamite arrow is a pickup weapon in Name Your Weapon when the train comes. One at the front side of train and back side of train. They're worth 9 points.

This happened in Team Shootout. Some guy had explosive rifle or a bow. Don't know for sure.

•—•
3 minutes ago, tonko said:

This happened in Team Shootout. Some guy had explosive rifle or a bow. Don't know for sure.

Those weapons are allowed. It's limited ammunition. Special ammunition on bows are limited to 6 arrows. Explosives are limited to 10 rounds. And these players can't re-purchase them in lobby screens. Must gather in free roam.

We already have a game mode that limits weapons. It's Name Your Weapon. Other game modes, just whatever the player owns that they spent their own dime on.

Edited by Ektope

tonko
2 minutes ago, Ektope said:

Those weapons are allowed. It's limited ammunition. Special ammunition on bows are limited to 6 arrows. Explosives are limited to 10 rounds. And these players can't re-purchase them in lobby screens. Must gather in free roam.

Sadly yeah. Really hope we get "forced weapons" option down the road. Can't imagine what it must be to low levels when they run into high levels in Team Shootouts.

"Hey guy, i just have a Cattleman Revolver and 1 ability card. Can you go easy on me?"  "Bang, Bang" - says lvl 98 😁

Fun 2
10 hours ago, Pocket Fox said:

Submitted like 8 different feedback posts today.

Fly my pretties, fly!

77m8H-iZFEo-cNZiVbbX_H_2fvWSRYFKpNKbJ4bW

RDO will receive heavy updates in the upcoming months.

Keep your pretties flying

Edited by Fun 2

IamCourtney
12 hours ago, Pocket Fox said:

Submitted like 8 different feedback posts today.

Fly my pretties, fly!

77m8H-iZFEo-cNZiVbbX_H_2fvWSRYFKpNKbJ4bW

My daily Free Aim Sessions Plz!! submissions fell off due to Christmas bustle but now I'm back on my bullsh*t until they either happen or R* state conclusively that they never will.

Edited by IamCourtney

Bakkerbaard
On 12/24/2018 at 10:08 PM, HockeyMike24 said:

Thanks for reading, please put on your tinfoil hats with me for a moment and discuss.

I choose to believe Rockstar listens to feedback.

And if not, I will treat it as a woman faking an orgasm: I'm thinking I'm doing fine and have no reason to believe otherwise.

Like Cypher selling out Morpheus, I've stopped caring about being lied to, as long as the lie is being properly upheld.

Dr.Rosenthal

@Lonely-Martin Sorry for the late answer, and yes I read at least bits and pieces of those threads and I know what they’re about in broad strokes at least.

I’m not 100% for R*’s business strategies and I do dislike hearing them talking about non-paying players as ”freeloaders”, and it’s also strange to hear that the best-selling entertainment product of all time is ”under-monetized”. And while I believe that they want to make the most possible profit out of RDO, I don’t see how that would stand in the way of them listening to players feedback. Sure, it might stand in the way of them enabling PvE sessions, who knows? I guess we’ll see. But there are different kinds of player feedback. I still think it’s a great game and even though it’s PvP - I honestly think I prefer this over PvE + PvP sessions as that would draw all the friendly players to PvE and PvP would be a total, all-out-warzone. I’m a friendly player mostly but I really like the excitement that PvP brings and I wouldn’t really see the point in playing on PvE sessions exclusively.

But like I said, there are other kinds of player feedback and just because R* has their MTX business models it doesn’t mean that they don’t listen to feedback. ”They won’t make PvE sessions because of their greed, so; no, they’re not listening to the players.” If you really can’t enjoy the sessions the way they are now, I can see that it’s a problem, but speaking for myself, I’m left alone 90% of the time and if someone tries to attack me I can usually fight them off with ease. It’s part of what makes it fun, in my opinion. But anyway, we have differing opinions on the matter and I hope we all get a solution that works for us.

Lastly, when it comes to stuff proposed for GTAO, you mentioned the Jester Classic. That’s true but here is a few more stuff proposed by yours truly that made it into the game:

Organizations

Biker DLC/MC’s

Yachts

Hunter

Sea Sparrow

Insurgent Pick-Up/Karin Technical

Grotti Cheetah Classic

Grotti Turismo Classic

Pegassi Infernus Classic

Grotti Stinger Topless

Bunker/MC/cargo free mode jobs

Hangars

Clothing slots in inventory and ability to change clothes

Various clothing items

Weapon lockers/ability to change loadouts

Mk2 weapons

Heists + The Doomsday Heists

RC Bandito

Opened up Maze Bank Arena

Plus a lot more vehicles, minor gameplay changes and  quality of life-stuff.. and that’s just the stuff that I’ve proposed! So saying that the Jester Classic was the only fan-requested thing that’s been added is, I’m afraid, a huge understatement.

Ghoffman9

Why those such as myself hate micro-transactions is how they always end up hurting the game as a result. Companies don't put those things in for you to not buy them, so they often compromise their own game's ability to be fun for its players to try and coerce players to visit the in-game store. What do I mean by this you might ask? Its simple, they go about making their games's gameplay loop as boring, grindy, and time consuming as possible. They straight up try to make their game so boring, so monotonous, that players would give them money to skip it. They don't want the grind to be fun, at least for a long period of time. If you're doing the grind, but having fun doing it, then you would be less likely to give Take Two more money, and we can't have that. They create the problem, and make micro-transactions the solution.

Destiny 2 is a grade A example of this, with Bungie secretly nerfing players exp gain without telling them. Why do you think they done that?

Micro-transactions keep games from reaching their full potential, that is the crux of my argument. We buy games to play them, not buy them and pay additional money for the game to play itself. That defeats the entire point of playing games to begin with. Often times they also try to charge way too much as well, and Rockstar/Take Two is no exception to this, in fact they are one of the worst offenders on that front with how much they try to price gouge the players.

Companies don't do this out of some dire need for money. They do it to appease shareholders that they cater to, who expects bigger and bigger profits with every passing year. I do not need to be an expert economist to tell you that such a thing isn't sustainable and will blow up in a nasty way. Some argue its already begun with the stocks of so many game companies and publishers having dropped by as much as 50%.

Micro-transactions in a nutshell.

hav6ocn664v01.jpg

Semaj 2JZ♢
On 12/24/2018 at 7:43 PM, Fun 2 said:

Because it require more time and work to create a different design for private sessions.

I assume they want to follow GTAO path and disable free roam events and stranger missions from happening there so what would be the point of playing in private sessions ?

A FR session is not strictly limited to "FR events" (whatever those are) or stranger missions.

There's MANY reasons to have a private session. Just cause you don't see it, don't mean squat. Remember that next time.

Fun 2
26 minutes ago, Semaj 2JZ♢ said:

A FR session is not strictly limited to "FR events" (whatever those are) or stranger missions.

There's MANY reasons to have a private session. Just cause you don't see it, don't mean squat. Remember that next time.

I'm not Rockstar and I do understand that very clearly.

My quote is a way of coming up with a reason to why R* isn't giving us the option to start a private session right now since the companion app confirm its existence.

There are many reasons I can come up with to why private sessions aren't a thing right now.

On 12/25/2018 at 5:22 AM, Ghoffman9 said:

I can think of a few.

1. If I want to hunt, gather herbs, etc etc I do not have to worry about players getting in the way of that. You know as well as me what happens if you try to sell your pelts and carcasses you picked up in a town with a few players in it. Meaning you risk it or spend the next 5 minutes riding to the next town that has a butcher.

2. During those times where I am grinding missions but need to step away from the controller for a bit, and without shameless players spawn killing you while you are gone.

3. So I can do gang hideouts without fear of players showing up during or slightly after it to kill me and loot all the enemies I killed as well as other items found there. Far too many hideouts have turned into a PvP battleground for my taste.

You misunderstood me. When I said " so what would be the point of playing in private sessions ?", I wasn't asking for your reasons.

I was talking from Rockstar point of view. A private session is a thing in the code but not in-game so just like you, I don't get why they aren't allowing us to have them right now. What I do know is that it's not ready yet which is why it's not a thing.

Edited by Fun 2

Furi0sa

I started a new game in story mode. Online only has like 7 missions, horrible pvp and hunting. There is nothing to loot as they worry you'll make too much money killing their micahtrasaction schemes so there is zero incentive to explore their huge beautiful map.  You cant use a wagon for pelts, you cant rob ANYTHING, I can't buy any horse I want as I'm only level 27. The camp system is garbage, just let me camp where I want. I got a lot of hours out of it already but single player is more immersive, looks and controls better. Rockstar should consider getting rid of those stupid ability cards that give an unfair advantage to people over new players. The only thing I prefer online to single player is the hunting as it feels easier to track the animals online.

We all knew this was coming, the writing was on the wall with GTA Online's garbage antics. I tried creating a new GTA0 player last year and to make money in that game solo as a NEW player felt like it required a life time commitment. Anyway the SP as Arthur is still my favorite game of all time.

5 hours ago, Ghoffman9 said:

Why those such as myself hate micro-transactions is how they always end up hurting the game as a result. Companies don't put those things in for you to not buy them, so they often compromise their own game's ability to be fun for its players to try and coerce players to visit the in-game store. What do I mean by this you might ask? Its simple, they go about making their games's gameplay loop as boring, grindy, and time consuming as possible. They straight up try to make their game so boring, so monotonous, that players would give them money to skip it. They don't want the grind to be fun, at least for a long period of time. If you're doing the grind, but having fun doing it, then you would be less likely to give Take Two more money, and we can't have that. They create the problem, and make micro-transactions the solution.

Destiny 2 is a grade A example of this, with Bungie secretly nerfing players exp gain without telling them. Why do you think they done that?

Micro-transactions keep games from reaching their full potential, that is the crux of my argument. We buy games to play them, not buy them and pay additional money for the game to play itself. That defeats the entire point of playing games to begin with. Often times they also try to charge way too much as well, and Rockstar/Take Two is no exception to this, in fact they are one of the worst offenders on that front with how much they try to price gouge the players.

Companies don't do this out of some dire need for money. They do it to appease shareholders that they cater to, who expects bigger and bigger profits with every passing year. I do not need to be an expert economist to tell you that such a thing isn't sustainable and will blow up in a nasty way. Some argue its already begun with the stocks of so many game companies and publishers having dropped by as much as 50%.

Micro-transactions in a nutshell.

hav6ocn664v01.jpg

Well explained and well spoken. Rockstar's fans suffering from Stockholm syndrome don't seem to understand that just because someone chooses to not buy microtransactions doesn't change the fact that the entire online mode's emptiness and lack of payout is a design chose to entrap consumers to pay more money. I played a lot of jrpgs as a kid, I like grinding as much as the next guy but I'm getting bored of not being able to buy a horse or coat I want with it 40 levels above me.

Can we get an engaging PVE mode like the horde mode in undead nightmare?

Edited by scotthedge12

Lonely-Martin
9 hours ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

(Snipped for space)

Yeah, fair play and my bad for understating the feedback R* may have listened to in GTA and the additions over the years. You're right and I was very drunk writing that ramble, lol. No excuse mind, should have just waited. (And no worries at all to the delay in response, busy times and all).

Though I do often read that much added is cut content from planned story DLC or stuff they cut before release/while creating the game too. So while I do agree with you, I have some doubt it was feedback inspired in many cases too. Not to be an arse and pick your post apart mind you, it's more just I'm a cautious chap. And though many very much enjoy the shift to public only, many didn't too, you know.

Anyway, I'll stop with my assumptions and such, we'll see what comes in future as I'm keen to see where this game goes going forward. Peace out dude, I respect your opinions here no doubt. :)