3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Boozey St John

Things You Didn't Know About RDR:O

IamCourtney

They need to start repopulating the NPC community after all the mayhem we cause...

DentureDynamite
11 hours ago, Ektope said:

Apparently, if you ride a stolen horse around for a bit. Then it won't kick you. And it has to be calm as well.

Well, by then I could arguably have made more money via "fishing"; nice that fish don't kick--they just swim toward you and die. :)

But I suspect the risk of being kicked (almost to death) by a horse is why Rockstar allows saddlebag looting.

Note that Rockstar does NOT allow saddlebag searches (in typical Rockstar fashion) when the horse is dead (unlike Story Mode)... and one of the two saddlebags is almost always unsearchable due to the horse laying on its side.

1 hour ago, IamCourtney said:

They need to start repopulating the NPC community after all the mayhem we cause...

I'll be the first to admit that this one is dicey; at what semi-plausible point do you determine when to "reactivate" NPCs after players have killed them?

What bothers me the most are NPCs that appear out of nowhere "conveniently" acting as a witness because you've just committed a crime. The Loft is a good example; a mile-long empty trail in one view suddenly spawns an NPC within shooting range after just a few seconds of turning your back and doing something naughty.

Fix your cheat cheap code, Rockstar.

Edited by DentureDynamite

IamCourtney

@DentureDynamite I was replying to Dr. Rosenthal's post about catching two NPCs having sex in the moonlight, didn't realize my post ended up on the next page :D

DentureDynamite

^^ Sorry about that; and yikes! That's in-game? 8-O

Holy cow. And I thought seeing a husband and wife NPC romantically sitting next to each other on the west coast of Lemoyne was uh, "new". lol

I suspect(?) what @Dr.Rosenthal saw was what I saw--just a husband and wife sitting next to each other, talking. But he said "laying", so I could be wrong of course; will have to do some stealth ninja spying in that area tonight. :)

FWIW, the general area I saw the husband and wife was on the Lemoyne mainland (shore side, closer to Braithwaite Manor) opposite the group of islands. There are now quite a few NPCs in canoes and small row boats paddling around the islands too, BTW.

Edited by DentureDynamite

Dr.Rosenthal

@DentureDynamite @IamCourtney Lol! And yeah, they could have been sitting next to each other, but it really looked like they were lying down and got up when I shot at them. I haven't seen it anywhere else, though admittedly if you would see it somewhere it would probably be there, in the moonlight. 😂

IamCourtney

If they were married, then Dr. Rosie was in the wrong and oughta be ashamed. If they weren't married, he should have his Honour rating moved to maximum for upholding public decency. 😛

Dr.Rosenthal

Haha, watch out for this pale rider! Upholding moral values and cleaning the filth out of the south, one extramarital intercourse at a time.

rusbeckia

yesterday I realized that I could gallop slowly while using eagle eye. I'm pretty sure this wasn't possible a while ago, but I'm not sure what might have influenced this. I will test different horses later on today, but just wanted to ask for your opinions for now.  I know for sure that I could only trot with my turkoman and appaloosa 40lvls ago, but have no idea if anything else has changed since then. Maybe they even patched it? 

maybe the special saddles influence it?

Tnp99

@rusbeckia It could also be related to what Dead Eye Ability Card you have equipped. For instance, Paint It Black prevents you from going into Dead Eye while unarmed. Other cards let you hit L2 + R3 and activate Dead Eye when you have a melee weapon in your hand or even when you're unarmed.

Ryan5252

You can hold start/options to open up the map straight away. Takes getting used to as you only need to press circle once to return to the game. Double tap as a force of habit and you risk punching your horse and getting kicked in the face.

Embarrassed to say it has happened me more than once.

Zoop_Leroy

If you're at minimum weight, 10 big game meat or 20 venison will give you maximum weight (eating 1 meat per session).  At max weight, you can absorb more damage than a minimum weight player with Tier 3 Fight Another Day and Never Without One.

GenericGTAO

In order to call different horses, a saddle must be equipped at the stable.

wehweh01
8 hours ago, Zoop_Leroy said:

If you're at minimum weight, 10 big game meat or 20 venison will give you maximum weight (eating 1 meat per session).  At max weight, you can absorb more damage than a minimum weight player with Tier 3 Fight Another Day and Never Without One.

Maximum weight as in...BIG CHUNGUS?!?

Baltel

Maybe someone already told this, but you can steal npc hats like in SP... and yeah maybe is not very interesting xd but  if you want to give your female character that high class feather hat it will be useful , unfortunately you can't save the hat, so when you die or change your outfit it will be gone

Stupidis

Never noticed the fort on the other side of the river before.

a8834480-3076-11e9-8690-062162abdc1a.jpg

b6437860-3076-11e9-a12f-0ad7fc4a90a2.jpg

bdb17a70-3076-11e9-9c50-02b32b0c7f7e.jpg

Chrismads
31 minutes ago, Stupidis said:

Never noticed the fort on the other side of the river before.

a8834480-3076-11e9-8690-062162abdc1a.jpg

b6437860-3076-11e9-a12f-0ad7fc4a90a2.jpg

bdb17a70-3076-11e9-9c50-02b32b0c7f7e.jpg

Is that El Presidio from rdr ?

Stupidis
11 minutes ago, Chrismads said:

Is that El Presidio from rdr ?

Should be. At least it's located at exactly the same spot.

Ektope

You can even go in tailor shop in saint denis most wanted.

BUT THE BENZ

at bear-claw camp, the grizzlie attacks the cougar at times. saw it twice last session, never before though! I let the grizzlie go since he left me a 3star cougar, good deal!

areyouchappin

I never noticed this before, so maybe it's new or maybe I'm just stumbling upon it now but you can use Eagle Eye to see the scent trails of other player's horses.

I was hunting earlier and I came across a random scent trail labeled "Jalisco," so I followed it and realized I was chasing another player's blip. When they stopped at a river to fish, I caught up and saw that it was their horse's name.

rusbeckia
26 minutes ago, areyouchappin said:

I never noticed this before, so maybe it's new or maybe I'm just stumbling upon it now but you can use Eagle Eye to see the scent trails of other player's horses.

I was hunting earlier and I came across a random scent trail labeled "Jalisco," so I followed it and realized I was chasing another player's blip. When they stopped at a river to fish, I caught up and saw that it was their horse's name.

This has been possible all along! 

Dr.Rosenthal

My friend discovered a while back that we can back our horses by double-pressing and holding R1 (while standing still), they'll start walking backwards.

Chrismads

I had notifications turned off and therefore didn't know this until recently:

If you point your gun at someone and press up and fire it in the air, the person will get a notification that you fired a warning shot. You'll both turn red for the other person on the minimap for 2 sec. 

It has worked for me with nosey lowlvls following me around.

TheSadisticOwl
8 hours ago, Chrismads said:

I had notifications turned off and therefore didn't know this until recently:

If you point your gun at someone and press up and fire it in the air, the person will get a notification that you fired a warning shot. You'll both turn red for the other person on the minimap for 2 sec. 

It has worked for me with nosey lowlvls following me around.

That's legit really cool!

I'm gonna start using that more often against annoying people following me around.

Edited by TheSadisticOwl
Pressed Save too early, whoops.

IamCourtney

It's a cool idea but in my experience most people just think you shot at them and missed so they start firing back, leading directly to the gunfight you wanted to avoid. :D

Ryan5252

I definitely haven't used it when I find a random player in my hunting area and I'm too lazy to change session. Nope, definitely not. Never. 😉

hotrats773

Question: Have alligators always given +15 XP per kill or is that the x2 event? I was blasting them last night with express rifle ammo and getting some serious XP.

On 2/14/2019 at 11:28 AM, Stupidis said:

Should be. At least it's located at exactly the same spot.

Having fond memories of the cannon battles...

Ektope
33 minutes ago, hotrats773 said:

Question: Have alligators always given +15 XP per kill or is that the x2 event? I was blasting them last night with express rifle ammo and getting some serious XP.

I only got 15 XP.

jstev4610
1 hour ago, hotrats773 said:

Always been 15 for the kill and 15 to skin.  I don’t think we get a special ammo xp bonus with animals though

GTP_Monkey
1 hour ago, hotrats773 said:

2X is only available on posse bonus 15xp for a clean kill on alligator has always been there