3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Boozey St John

Things You Didn't Know About RDR:O

Talisman_83

If you shoot a bird and it falls into the sea, don't bother going after it.

It won't allow you to even pick it up now, never mind pluck it. It used to be able to.

DentureDynamite

^^ I didn't know RDO used to let you collect it--that needs to be reinstated, IMO, since you can pick up fish just fine while swimming.

Occasionally, if you're fairly close to shore, you can sometimes finally collect it by swim-pushing it to shore; but it's tricky and time consuming.

Edited by DentureDynamite

•—•
2 minutes ago, DentureDynamite said:

^^ I didn't know RDO used to let you collect it--that needs to be reinstated, IMO, since you can pick up fish just fine while swimming.

Occasionally, if you're fairly close to shore, you can sometimes finally collect it by swim-pushing it to shore; but it's tricky and time consuming.

You can shoot fish in shallow water with small game arrow and it comes out as perfect

DentureDynamite

There's a hilarious YT vid where the player gets the incest brother NPC to chase him across the map. He followed the player all the way to the frozen lake in Ambarino where he was attacked and torn apart by a pack of wolves.

I love it! Absolutely hilarious that he follows you that far (and in typical Rockstar fashion, manages to stay alive and well with no winter clothing on).

Nice justice with the wolves.

Edited by DentureDynamite

Red Lynx 23

A recent record low of three disconnects today. I also noticed in all the sessions I was in, there were no NPC's traveling on Horseback, or in Stagecoaches or horse drawn carts.

Boozey St John

Some hairstyles will frizz from humid weather. 

Lemoyne especially!

•—•

Throwing dynamite gives free dead eye boost. Even if no one got hurt.

jstev4610

If you are running a stranger mission, you cannot change your outfits on your horse.  Changed my outfit because I wasn’t seeing my hats available to put on, told me my posse abandoned the mission and ended it, with the cougar I hunted on the back of my horse and 15 minutes left.

rusbeckia
On 1/14/2019 at 9:40 PM, Ektope said:

You can shoot fish in shallow water with small game arrow and it comes out as perfect

hmm i always use varmint in they keep being perfect

ThaBirdCoot

If you choose respawn from the online player menu, during a gang hideout, it will fail the hideout and all enemies dissapear. I was stuck reviving my horse( known glitch...) so I had to forced respawn, that's when I found out.

BUT THE BENZ

you unfortunately cannot SWITCH horses. tried to jump a fellow rider's horse, fellow rider had the same idea at the exact same time about my horse though and so we crashed into each other in midair, and our horses ran off laughing/neighing out loud.

maybe you could switch horses if the timing is right!? let one jump and the other a second or 2 later?! some posse people should try that

Dr.Rosenthal

I realized last night that you can calm your horse while riding to slightly increase its stamina, thus riding faster for a longer time without using stimulants.

And all this time I’ve wondered why my horse collapses of fatigue while my friends seem to be able to run forever. Told my friend when I realized and he was like ”Yeah that’s what I do all the time.” Lol, I feel stupid.

Stupidis
20 hours ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

I realized last night that you can calm your horse while riding to slightly increase its stamina, thus riding faster for a longer time without using stimulants.

And all this time I’ve wondered why my horse collapses of fatigue while my friends seem to be able to run forever. Told my friend when I realized and he was like ”Yeah that’s what I do all the time.” Lol, I feel stupid.

Didn't know that this increased stamina. I have however had a habit of bashing L3 while riding to increase bonding. A habit that stuck even after maxing it out. :)

miahus

You can break down small animals, it won't destroy the carcass, and will net you animal parts + meat. I knew this for a while, but came across many that didn't know, so I thought I should throw it in here.

Stupidis

Just realized that executions also counts when you lasso and kill animals. Got my golden buckle for 1000 executions from killing a deer.

IamCourtney
1 hour ago, Stupidis said:

Just realized that executions also counts when you lasso and kill animals. Got my golden buckle for 1000 executions from killing a deer.

I love these little moments. I've somehow managed to level up four times off of just pegging a little birdy that happened to be flying by...

jstev4610
On 1/20/2019 at 6:47 AM, BUT THE BENZ said:

you unfortunately cannot SWITCH horses. tried to jump a fellow rider's horse, fellow rider had the same idea at the exact same time about my horse though and so we crashed into each other in midair, and our horses ran off laughing/neighing out loud.

maybe you could switch horses if the timing is right!? let one jump and the other a second or 2 later?! some posse people should try that

I watched two posse members do this exact thing successfully.  I don't know how they were lined up, but it was totally by accident.

BUT THE BENZ

I never intentionally listened to random characters dialogues. last night though I had to wait for a timer to run out and listened to several funny "conversations" del lobo gang members were having at thieves' landing. two of them were sitting on a roof top, and they were seemingly having a good time. "I told her 'lady...you got bugs'...ahahah" or something. or "I'm a reeeeeal cowboyrillooooooooo....ahahah" and "ah, always one two many...or, three too many?!" well, sounded like a crowd I could hang with for a bit. BUT, when I climbed the roof and joined them, sipping on gin and having a smoke, they were giving me a bad eye, saying I'm acting crazy and such. yeah, me, crazy, whatever pal!

anyhow, I will have an ear for those conversations more often in the future

TheShift

Couple of things with FIRE,,,FIRE FIRE 

You can shoot and blow up the gas lanterns ,,, this npc found out the hard way

Also carry bodies on fire 

•—•

Shooting horses in the head in hostile territory, gives free dead eye boost.

Ana Maria Catrina

I have not tested it, but I think it is possible to kill people who are in their camp (with the white flag raised) .You just need a sniper and be far away

Sammionna

You can pour a bowl of stew at the campsites in Valentine and Blackwater. Been playing since launch and only found this out recently, crazy details!

Ana Maria Catrina
14 minutes ago, Spanish Sniper said:

I have not tested it, but I think it is possible to kill people who are in their camp (with the white flag raised) .You just need a sniper and be far away

Proof 

https://youtu.be/zREFjz8V0Dc

Sir McTim
10 minutes ago, Spanish Sniper said:

Damn, sorta like the Explosive Rifle in Friendly Free Roam back in RDR1. If you stand far away enough to someone to make the friendly fire lock off not work, you can kill them. Shows that people will find ways to troll, even in PvE only servers. 

clinical oppression

I just discovered a tesla lab. There's nothing to loot but that's how I happened upon it . North West of brandywine drop (about 11 o clock when looking at the map ) past the train tracks . Awesome spot to find ...you can even climb the coil tower in the back .....there's also some weird things in the lab . 

miahus
1 hour ago, clinical oppression said:

I just discovered a tesla lab. There's nothing to loot but that's how I happened upon it . North West of brandywine drop (about 11 o clock when looking at the map ) past the train tracks . Awesome spot to find ...you can even climb the coil tower in the back .....there's also some weird things in the lab . 

Obviously you haven't played single player.

Edited by miahus

clinical oppression

I played the main story , but not many side missions at all . 

Sammionna

When holding an NPC by the neck press L3 and you'll throw them to the ground. Always thought those animations were exclusive to certain story missions (not gonna say because spoilers). Haven't tested it on players yet, that's something I'll have to try later.

Edit: Doesn't work on players unfortunately, still a neat little feature regardless.

Edited by Sammionna

•—•

With strange medicine III, shooting the head regenerates little HP. But shooting the body many times, it regenerates a lot more.

Chrismads
1 hour ago, clinical oppression said:

I played the main story , but not many side missions at all . 

You should mate! Some of them are awesome.. they're all awesome