1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Boozey St John

Things You Didn't Know About RDR:O

DentureDynamite
Posted (edited)
On 12/25/2018 at 4:10 AM, areyouchappin said:

-You can eat stew from some campfires that have a kettle hanging over them and a plate with a spoon on the ground. You have to wait until the plate & spoon respawn before you can eat more stew. Then there are some campfires that have a pot of coffee next to the fire for players to drink freely.

-There's also some random campfires you can craft/cook at around the map, just in case you don't want to go all the way back to your camp.

Just be careful when in Valentine--there's one NPC a tent or two near the stew pot who is very aggro, and won't hesitate to punch your lights out and/or call lawmen because "You're not supposed to be there." lol

Most other NPCs in the same area could care less, as long as you don't bother them.

FWIW, there's a very easy and foolproof means in Valentine (as of 1.05) for losing lawmen, but I'm not posting that in case Rockstar gets wind of it (and I sure as heck don't want it all over YT).

Edited by DentureDynamite

That69Guy

Known for awhile but posting here for those not aware.  There are several items around the fence in Rhodes.  To the right there is a chewing tobacco, on the table across from the fence there is a moonshine and a cocaine gum,  to the left of the house there is a cheese wedge and in the front of the house there is a bottle of gin. 

xl SENTRY lx

I feel like a idiot. I've beaten the story 3 times and have been playing online since day one and just found out while I was in the stable that the "Horse Brush" is purchasable under "Horse Provisions"....

Chrismads
Posted (edited)
On 1/4/2019 at 9:27 PM, DentureDynamite said:

Just be careful when in Valentine--there's one NPC a tent or two near the stew pot who is very aggro, and won't hesitate to punch your lights out and/or call lawmen because "You're not supposed to be there." lol

Most other NPCs in the same area could care less, as long as you don't bother them.

I used his campfire to make some steaks but checked noone was around. He then came out of nowhere and punched me in the back so I fell into the fire and burned to death. My posse member was there too, but he just laughed at me instead of helping.

Edited by Chrismads

DentureDynamite

^^ Yep. Definitely the same NPC. If he ever pulls that stunt with me, he'll have a "blast" from my point-blank shotgun.

I usually shoot him anyway, since he's so freaking obnoxious. lol

Ektope
Posted (edited)

While standing in shallow water up to your knee or chest, and you're grappling or struggling with NPC. If you press LS left stick to slam them onto the ground. You'll instantly drown 'em under the water. 

Also, if you move LS left stick in any direction while standing grappling or struggling with NPC. You can move 'em around. It's handy to push 'em against trees, walls, or edge of something to throw them off.

After tackling NPC onto ground, press LS left stick to lift them onto their feet into standing grapple or struggle.

These don't seem to work with actual players in combat. Not sure. Might need to try second and third with actual player.

Edited by Ektope

Boozey St John
12 hours ago, Chrismads said:

I used his campfire to make some steaks but checked noone was around. He then came out of nowhere and punched me in the back so I fell into the fire and burned to death. My posse member was there too, but he just laughed at me instead of helping.

Players can do that to you at your camp. They can also lasso you and drag you into the fire... 

So much for being protected while the flag is waved. R*, YOU ABSOLUTE FECKERS, YOU HAD ONE JOB!

DentureDynamite

^^ Just one of the many reasons why I don't bother with a camp.

Utterly useless.

Ektope
Posted (edited)

If you fall on your head, you die instantly.

You can also shoot horse limbs off. I saw a dead horse outside saint denis tailor shop. It was on a dead horse... I'm not evil.

Edited by Ektope

TheLordMarvel
8 hours ago, Boozey St James said:

Players can do that to you at your camp. They can also lasso you and drag you into the fire..

I think this is glitched. I had a fella come by recently and he threw the lasso like 5 times to try and capture me but no avail. I was just standing around. - to test it further, my brother tried a few mins later with the same result. 

Not sure if it was glitching out for me or maybe lassoing with the flag raised is the glitch :)

Boozey St John
51 minutes ago, TheLordMarvel said:

I think this is glitched. I had a fella come by recently and he threw the lasso like 5 times to try and capture me but no avail. I was just standing around. - to test it further, my brother tried a few mins later with the same result. 

Not sure if it was glitching out for me or maybe lassoing with the flag raised is the glitch :)

Whatever it is, it's annoying! 

It's the equivalent of dying on a video game toilet. 

4eyedcoupe

Laugh at me because I was just told last night while playing with a friend that the circle in the aiming reticle gets smaller as you aim for a more accurate shot.  I didn't know this because I have only been using the dot without the circle.    I still do pretty well with just the dot though, so I don't think I will switch over.

Ektope
6 hours ago, Jlindstead said:

Laugh at me because I was just told last night while playing with a friend that the circle in the aiming reticle gets smaller as you aim for a more accurate shot.  I didn't know this because I have only been using the dot without the circle.    I still do pretty well with just the dot though, so I don't think I will switch over.

I was in the same boat. I just had a dot, like in GTA online. But when I started using lancaster, I kept missing. I was literally curious as to how long I need to wait for perfect headshots. So I change aiming to simple, for the circle to shrink. I think it's worth it for weapons where you need to pause for a moment before shooting.

4eyedcoupe
53 minutes ago, Ektope said:

I was in the same boat. I just had a dot, like in GTA online. But when I started using lancaster, I kept missing. I was literally curious as to how long I need to wait for perfect headshots. So I change aiming to simple, for the circle to shrink. I think it's worth it for weapons where you need to pause for a moment before shooting.

I'll give it a try, but I think I'm probably gonna be stubborn about it and stick to my normal ways and the little dot, it hasn't really been an issue at this point.

ThaBirdCoot

So, in the lumber tools barn in Blackwater, there is a red lock box with free gun oil, this is nice.

Red Lynx 23

Pressing X and left or right on the D-Pad to leap to the side, will confuse a Cougar that is charging you. It will stop and stare at you until you stand back up. 

Talisman_83
On 1/7/2019 at 5:49 PM, Boozey St James said:

Players can do that to you at your camp. They can also lasso you and drag you into the fire... 

So much for being protected while the flag is waved. R*, YOU ABSOLUTE FECKERS, YOU HAD ONE JOB!

If you enter the Craft animation, players can't lasso you.

They can throw fire bottles at you but they won't harm you.

What WILL affect you though is dynamite - it'll throw you off your feet but again, it won't kill you.

Madvillain

so what happened to the train?

Alex Francisco
1 hour ago, Madvillain said:

so what happened to the train?

Nothing.

jstev4610

Tonight I had a possum play dead.  Saw two of them running together, shot one and the other went down right after.  Rode up, skinned the one I shot, saw the other lying there but thought weird there’s no paw print on the map for it. Walked over it and it got up and took off.

Stupidis
On 1/8/2019 at 3:05 AM, Ektope said:

If you fall on your head, you die instantly.

You can also shoot horse limbs off. I saw a dead horse outside saint denis tailor shop. It was on a dead horse... I'm not evil.

In the mission If the hat fits I always shoot the gang leaders head off when the other players (against my will) want to free him. Always make me chuckle when the sheriff says he "recognize him alright" and the only thing you see is a bloody stump of neck.

miahus
4 hours ago, jstev4610 said:

Tonight I had a possum play dead.  Saw two of them running together, shot one and the other went down right after.  Rode up, skinned the one I shot, saw the other lying there but thought weird there’s no paw print on the map for it. Walked over it and it got up and took off.

There is actually an achievement for killing a possum playing dead in single player.

Stupidis
On 12/25/2018 at 10:10 AM, areyouchappin said:

-

-You can lasso animal or human corpses and pull them out of the water(before they sink) or hard to reach spots(this works in Single Player too but doesn't work on small animals)

Same goes with most animal carcasses. You can use it to bring an extra alligator to the butchers i Saint Denis for example. Wish you could drag live animals this way. Could be fun bringing a croc into the city just to see what happens.

Boozey St John
On 1/11/2019 at 5:42 AM, miahus said:

There is actually an achievement for killing a possum playing dead in single player.

Really? 

What happens? Ive never seen a possum playing, well, possum. 

ALifeOfMisery
On 1/11/2019 at 10:51 AM, Stupidis said:

Wish you could drag live animals this way. Could be fun bringing a croc into the city just to see what happens.

I've tried to get wolves to follow me to Strawberry a couple of times, one time they gave up/despawned and the other time my horse bucked me and I had to kill them.

It would be fun to somehow get a large predator into a town.

Ektope
On 1/11/2019 at 6:38 AM, jstev4610 said:

How do you fall for that?

hotrats773
20 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I've tried to get wolves to follow me to Strawberry a couple of times, one time they gave up/despawned and the other time my horse bucked me and I had to kill them.

It would be fun to somehow get a large predator into a town.

There's a hilarious YT vid where the player gets the incest brother NPC to chase him across the map. He followed the player all the way to the frozen lake in Abarino where he was attacked and torn apart by a pack of wolves.

I seem to recall in the first Red Dead, you could lasso a grizzly and bring him to Blackwater as well.

On 1/10/2019 at 7:14 PM, Talisman_83 said:

If you enter the Craft animation, players can't lasso you.

They can throw fire bottles at you but they won't harm you.

What WILL affect you though is dynamite - it'll throw you off your feet but again, it won't kill you.

Quote for truth. If I need to walk away from my PS4 for any reason, I queue up some venison in the cooking animation and have never had an issue.

ALifeOfMisery
35 minutes ago, hotrats773 said:

There's a hilarious YT vid where the player gets the incest brother NPC to chase him across the map. He followed the player all the way to the frozen lake in Abarino where he was attacked and torn apart by a pack of wolves.

😂. I'm going to have to replay SP again now. Create a save point and see how many different ways I can think of to get him killed.

4eyedcoupe
On 1/8/2019 at 8:26 AM, Jlindstead said:

So I just realized if using just the dot, the dot gets more red as your shot becomes more accurate like the reticle gets smaller if you are using the circle 

Madvillain
On 1/10/2019 at 11:53 PM, Alex Francisco said:

Nothing.

that's what I see no train online no blip