4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Boozey St John

Things You Didn't Know About RDR:O

Sammionna
27 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I think the bank robbery Finch was/is planning will be Rhodes bank.

Makes sense seeing as the bank wasn't properly used in story mode. 

ALifeOfMisery
2 minutes ago, Sammionna said:

Makes sense seeing as the bank wasn't properly used in story mode. 

Exactly, and robbing the bank in Valentine or Saint Denis would feel too much like reused SP content.

Sammionna
5 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Exactly, and robbing the bank in Valentine or Saint Denis would feel too much like reused SP content.

Armadillo Bank could be a possibility, especially since the town is in such a horrible state. The sickness would serve as a perfect distraction for a robbery.

wehweh01

I just found out recently you can run over players during Gun Rush while on horseback but it doesn't count as a kill for some reason. You'll be rewarded the xp and awards though. I just finished a Gun Rush with 3 kills but on the scoreboard it said I only had 2 😣

CrissRiot
6 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Which, honestly, I'd be a-ok with.

ALifeOfMisery
1 minute ago, CrissRiot said:

Which, honestly, I'd be a-ok with.

I'd take it, but I'd rather have a mission designed for online, in a location that SP didn't use for a similar situation.

CrissRiot
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I'd take it, but I'd rather have a mission designed for online, in a location that SP didn't use for a similar situation.

Well by that I mean I want all the banks robbed. All. The. Banks.

Even Armadillo.

I need that damn money (Aside from the inevitable "Hey I'm Finch, give me half the loot while you get on". That prick).

Could always tweak it though, say we rob Valentine, then have to escape by...the train nearby. Shenanigans ensue.

Edited by CrissRiot

Dr.Rosenthal
Posted (edited)

Here’s something I’ve known for a while but that some may not be aware of, so I thought I’d share it:

While on a straight road, with a waypoint put down on the map, you can tap X to get your horse to run as fast as possible, then, while tapping, hold down the touchpad to start cinematic mode.

Your horse will maintain full speed for the whole distance, while you can sit back and browse GTAForums in peace. The only downside is, obviously, you might get attacked, and also that when you arrive, if you’ve rode a long distance, your horse’s stamina will be completely drained.

But I like using it for medium distances while I play solo.

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

Boozey St John
On 4/3/2019 at 7:52 PM, Dr.Rosenthal said:

Here’s something I’ve known for a while but that some may not be aware of, so I thought I’d share it:

While on a straight road, with a waypoint put down on the map, you can tap X to get your horse to run as fast as possible, then, while tapping, hold down the touchpad to start cinematic mode.

Your horse will maintain full speed for the whole distance, while you can sit back and browse GTAForums in peace. The only downside is, obviously, you might get attacked, and also that when you arrive, if you’ve rode a long distance, your horse’s stamina will be completely drained.

But I like using it for medium distances while I play solo.

Does not work with wagons and/or story missions though. 

BUT THE BENZ
Posted (edited)

^yeah a yellow marker/road will require you to constantly tap or hold X even in cinematic mode. a shame, but a compromise I can live with...less chances of you crashing your buggy/wagon/whatever when the handling is not on you, just the speed.

I use this quite a lot, but REALLY, wolves and bears and bandits and whatever elese can happen, it seems to occur more often when you have CM activated

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

Red Lynx 23

If you're fishing and someone springs a gang ambush nearby, your character will automatically put away the fishing rod and pull a gun. My character did just that when I was fishing for Steelheads, southwest of Beartooth Beck. A random player was riding on the road up on the cliffs and got ambushed. That stopped my fishing before catching ten Trout, so I loaded explosive ammo into my Repeater, and watched the cliffs to make sure it wasn't a griefer up there.

Foxwolfe
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

^yeah a yellow marker/road will require you to constantly tap or hold X even in cinematic mode. a shame, but a compromise I can live with...less chances of you crashing your buggy/wagon/whatever when the handling is not on you, just the speed.

Edit: nevermind I didn't realize you were talking about wagons at first, yeah those seem to require constant input.

Edited by Foxwolfe

4eyedcoupe

Stable and/or camp fees count towards your spending award.  I wasn't looking at the screen so I didn't catch which one it was, but one was deducted from me and I got an award notification "spent $10 out of $1000"(I had recently just turned it over)

Boozey St John

YOU CAN CHOP WOOD AT HILL HAVEN RANCH!

Stupidis
10 minutes ago, Boozey St John said:

YOU CAN CHOP WOOD AT HILL HAVEN RANCH!

HOW MUCH WOOD WOULD YOU CHUCK THEN? AND HOW MUCH WOOD CAN YOU CHUCK?

Spoiler

Any woodchucks around there?

Boozey St John
58 minutes ago, Stupidis said:

HOW MUCH WOOD WOULD YOU CHUCK THEN? AND HOW MUCH WOOD CAN YOU CHUCK?

Hide contents

Any woodchucks around there?

Six

That's my final answer.

Posted (edited)
On 4/6/2019 at 12:29 PM, Red Lynx 23 said:

If you're fishing and someone springs a gang ambush nearby, your character will automatically put away the fishing rod and pull a gun. My character did just that when I was fishing for Steelheads, southwest of Beartooth Beck. A random player was riding on the road up on the cliffs and got ambushed. That stopped my fishing before catching ten Trout, so I loaded explosive ammo into my Repeater, and watched the cliffs to make sure it wasn't a griefer up there.

This happened to me but it was a posse ambush. I didn't know what was happening so I kept trying to re-select my fishing rod while cussing the game for taking it away.

Lesson learned, posse won.

Edited by 1898

Stupidis
56 minutes ago, Boozey St John said:

Six

That's my final answer.

240px-Guybrush_Threepwood.png

Nerfgoth

The ice on Lake Isabella is slippery when walking on it! There is even an animation for it if you look at the feet of your character!

Boozey St John

When NPCs greet you, your character nods. 

Tnp99

In free roam, you can snipe someone who is out of draw distance by waiting for the reticle to turn red. But if you try this during foggy/bad weather the reticle won't turn red.

You get better accuracy while on horseback so barely holding down R2/LT will help you free aim snipers. There is a small drag when your reticle goes over a target. Very impractical for the moment.

wehweh01

I started a gang hideout in Rhodes and ended up getting a treasure map after only 2 kills and looting. A random was there too and ended up killing the leader before I could loot. Not sure if that is relevant or not but I ended up running away wishing the guy luck since he had about 10 more enemies to kill 🤣

Ronin Ogami

You can use "B" (circle on PS4) to kick a carcass & reduce it to one star. (In case you don't want to leave top notch profits lying around.)  ;)

Dr.Rosenthal

@Ronin Ogami Lol, how f*cking petty 😂

Mad-Monkey_1st
1 hour ago, Ronin Ogami said:

You can use "B" (circle on PS4) to kick a carcass & reduce it to one star. (In case you don't want to leave top notch profits lying around.)  ;)

Noooo leave em for other players or even take to them if close "be friendly" spread the love 

Ronin Ogami
6 minutes ago, GTP_Monkey said:

Noooo leave em for other players or even take to them if close "be friendly" spread the love 

There's usually lots of red dots in the lobbies I get tossed into these days. That's what I leave 'em. More than most have ever left me.

Sammionna

You can replicate the Rare Shotgun with the Double-Barrel using customization options in the Gunsmith. I literally recreated the Rare Shotgun and somehow made it look nicer, that's how you know the thing is a f*cking rip-off.

Foxwolfe

Like all unique weapons I've seen you can always recreate a very similar look with the normal versions, but the details are the unique parts which on the rare shotgun are the carvings. The stock carvings you have access to are quite basic in comparison so while you can make a similar looking gun, if you're not using the rare shotgun due to it's unique looks then you're using it for the wrong reasons imo.

Just like I can make a nice silver and ivory double action revolver, it won't have the unique looks of the high roller revolver.

I know that wasn't the point of your post, I just think it's silly to criticize the rare shotgun for not being better than a regular double barrel when the whole point of it is a unique look you can't replicate (again, in this case being the carvings, obviously it's quite easy to replicate the color palette of it.)

Boozey St John

This refers to both SP and O. 

Blackwater is actually based on Blackwater, Missouri. 

This city girl is hanging up her Timbs and turning into a small town girl! 

Chrismads
On 4/13/2019 at 10:54 PM, Foxwolfe said:

Like all unique weapons I've seen you can always recreate a very similar look with the normal versions, but the details are the unique parts which on the rare shotgun are the carvings. The stock carvings you have access to are quite basic in comparison so while you can make a similar looking gun, if you're not using the rare shotgun due to it's unique looks then you're using it for the wrong reasons imo.

Just like I can make a nice silver and ivory double action revolver, it won't have the unique looks of the high roller revolver.

I know that wasn't the point of your post, I just think it's silly to criticize the rare shotgun for not being better than a regular double barrel when the whole point of it is a unique look you can't replicate (again, in this case being the carvings, obviously it's quite easy to replicate the color palette of it.)

Do ppl even notice other ppls weapons? I know I don't. Only ever look at my weapon when cleaning it. Waste of money.

Anyway, things I didn't know... you can visit Buell in Cumberland Forest. He's standing next to Hamish tent. You can't steal him though ;-(