Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Diamond Casino Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

GroveStGTAV

Mooses missing from all spawn location

Recommended Posts

GroveStGTAV

I almost spend 2 or 3 hour to just find moose but it doesnt even spawn

 

It missing from all spawn locatons

I need 3 perfect mosee pelt for trapper

 

edit 2020:

New method found for newest patches

 

Edited by GroveStGTAV
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smokewood

Mosees?  lol what the hell is that?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsonFolo

Try using the bait, I used some near Aurora Basin and had a moose spawn there even though i wasn't hunting for them. Moose seem to be a very rare spawn from my experience

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadowfennekin

I've seen them Online but never in SP.... :(

The female one anyways.... really annoyed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RamArmy

Saw a Cow Moose early on once, wasn’t on the hunt, would’ve bagged her if she was a Three Star now that I know what a pain in the ass they are to find. 

Needed the atlers so I took the first Bull I saw (just a 1 Star I think).

Still need a few pelts and about to go on another trip up north to try my luck. Gonna try the bait others have been mentioning 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest176525326
4 hours ago, Smokewood said:

Mosees?  lol what the hell is that?

New species maybe? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc

I've seen one moose in Tall Trees and it was the size of a goddamn horse.  Perfect one too. Only seen the one so far though

12 minutes ago, O.Z said:

New species maybe? 

Seth's friend 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PapasHota

Just killed this motherf*cker for the first time northwest of lake isabella.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kirk Lazarus

In 2 months I've only seen 1 male moose.  Early on though and I still can't seem to find the magic combo of events to get one now! 

 

Up north, at tall trees, up at the northeast waterfall, with bait, in the morning, without the horse.

 

I've seen several female ones. Almost all are 2 stars though.  I used the camp pelt duplication glitch to get the 4 perfect trapper pelts to save me weeks of tracking 3 others.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GroveStGTAV

Im in the chapter 2. Completed all camp upgrates except moose anter.

Completed all trapper outfits except 3 moose pelt and new austin animals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nebulous112

 

36 minutes ago, GroveStGTAV said:

Im in the chapter 2. Completed all camp upgrates except moose anter.

Completed all trapper outfits except 3 moose pelt and new austin animals.

For the antlers, by Lake Isabella, there is a main road just west of the lake that runs beside it, north-south. Just south of the lake there is an offshoot of that road that goes west for a short ways and stops. Camp at the end of that road, sleep until morning, and make a hard save. Turn autosaves off. Tear down the camp, put on cover scent, and run north up the main Lake Isabella road. Near the second curve, by the north part of the lake, a Bull Moose spawns there on the road very frequently. I can get it to spawn about 1/2 or 1/3 times. If he doesn’t appear by the time you have travelled up the road to the very top of the lake, reload and try again. However, I’ve only seen that guy be 2-stars...not sure if his quality is scripted or if I have just been unlucky. Quality doesn’t matter for the antlers though.

 

For the 3-star moose pelts, you may have better luck by Cairn Lake. I found a bunch of female moose there with 3-star pelts. This is the lake where Flaco was. Just make a hard save, set up a bunch of herbivore bait (3-5), then run up the hill. Likely a horse or an elk will come first. Scare off the elk or tell the horse to flee, set another bait or 2 to replace the eaten stuff, then back up the hill. Should spawn one within 10 mins, but it does take a lot of bait. If you go through 20-25 bait and no moose, reload. The moose there seems to spawn every 15 mins max, so if you brought a couple horses and already bagged one, you may need to wait a bit for another.

 

Cheers, I hope this helps! Merry Christmas! :)

Can’t edit, so just a couple clarifications:

 

For Cairn Lake and the female moose, set up the bait on the frozen lake itself. Also, you may be able to get bull moose there as well if you use potent herbivore bait.

 

Good luck!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DirtCheap

I find them mostly in Tall Trees, but cows spawn 70% of the time.

 

You can find them near Cairn Lake, but don't forget to set Herbivore Bait.

 

I also found some near Beaver Hollow, but like Tall Trees, you're more likely to find the antler-less female ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GroveStGTAV

Thanks

 

rHDuRzP_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

 

I got this from official guide i will try again today. But i didnt completed flacos mission its still avalible in there, so moose not spawning in there

 

Im trying with 4 different save slot fot each locatin now, still nothing

Edited by GroveStGTAV
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedDadRedemption

I always get a single moose and single wolf spawn in the middle of the lake near strawberry  they have to swim to shore

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GroveStGTAV
16 minutes ago, RedDadRedemption said:

I always get a single moose and single wolf spawn in the middle of the lake near strawberry  they have to swim to shore

Owanjila right? Which side of the lake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedDadRedemption
39 minutes ago, GroveStGTAV said:

Owanjila right? Which side of the lake

The backside/mountain side they spawn in the middle and swim that way meet the moose on the shore with your gun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GroveStGTAV
44 minutes ago, RedDadRedemption said:

The backside/mountain side they spawn in the middle and swim that way meet the moose on the shore with your gun

Im trying but still nothing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arthur Bell

Only one moose spawns in the game at a time, this is due to a long conflict in the office about whether to code "mooses" or "meese." To avoid a worker's strike, they agreed that only one moose exists at any given time.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blasterman4EVER

Consider the moose the unicorn of this game.

Don't give up. You'll eventually find one.

Best success I have getting them to spawn is in Roanoke Ridge, near the rivers and waterfalls up in the northwest.

Edited by Blasterman4EVER
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GroveStGTAV

Still nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nebulous112

Lol I just tried my above posted strategy for the bull moose and got a 3-star bull moose after 4-5 tries. Got a couple 2-stars before I got the 3-star. Took about 10 mins total.

 

It works if you actually try it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GroveStGTAV
11 minutes ago, Nebulous112 said:

Lol I just tried my above posted strategy for the bull moose and got a 3-star bull moose after 4-5 tries. Got a couple 2-stars before I got the 3-star. Took about 10 mins total.

 

It works if you actually try it.

Which location? Im searching mostly snowy areas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nebulous112
6 hours ago, Nebulous112 said:

 

For the antlers, by Lake Isabella, there is a main road just west of the lake that runs beside it, north-south. Just south of the lake there is an offshoot of that road that goes west for a short ways and stops. Camp at the end of that road, sleep until morning, and make a hard save. Turn autosaves off. Tear down the camp, put on cover scent, and run north up the main Lake Isabella road. Near the second curve, by the north part of the lake, a Bull Moose spawns there on the road very frequently. I can get it to spawn about 1/2 or 1/3 times. If he doesn’t appear by the time you have travelled up the road to the very top of the lake, reload and try again. However, I’ve only seen that guy be 2-stars...not sure if his quality is scripted or if I have just been unlucky. Quality doesn’t matter for the antlers though.

I did just find a 3-star there after posting this, so they do also appear. About a 1 in 2 that the bull moose will be there.

That side road is right above Ewing Basin I think it’s called.

Also, make sure you have cover scent on and sneak up the hill on that second curve. Don’t want to scare him away.

 

Not really sure if it matters, but that is what I did.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Self-Destructive Man

The Moose is a huge pain in the ass to find, I think I found only 15 in 2 months playing.

It's funny how the moose is so rare, while deers and pronghorns are so common. In New Austin there's what I like to call the "Pronghorn Apocalipse",  due the ridiculous spawn rate of Pronghorns in that state.

 

Here's a video that helped me a lot:

 

For some reason, I could only find Cow moose using this method, but it's better than nothing, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GroveStGTAV
1 hour ago, Nebulous112 said:

I did just find a 3-star there after posting this, so they do also appear. About a 1 in 2 that the bull moose will be there.

That side road is right above Ewing Basin I think it’s called.

Also, make sure you have cover scent on and sneak up the hill on that second curve. Don’t want to scare him away.

 

Not really sure if it matters, but that is what I did.

I cant clearly understand you so should i create a camp above the ewing basin? Then search entire lake isabella?

 

UgII27ur.jpg

 

I created my camp here like you said.

 

1 hour ago, Mafia Assassin® said:

The Moose is a huge pain in the ass to find, I think I found only 15 in 2 months playing.

It's funny how the moose is so rare, while deers and pronghorns are so common. In New Austin there's what I like to call the "Pronghorn Apocalipse",  due the ridiculous spawn rate of Pronghorns in that state.

 

Here's a video that helped me a lot:

 

For some reason, I could only find Cow moose using this method, but it's better than nothing, I guess.

I did this but flacos mission over there. When i put a bait there, horse spawning instead of moose

Edited by GroveStGTAV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GroveStGTAV

Finally!!!!! I found it two times.

 

fist was female mosee with 2 star then i tried again put herboive bait and male mosee with 3 star spawned 

 

The methot is,

 

put herbovie bait on the ice in lake isabella then climb top of the waterfall and Moose will spawn in 2 seconds

 

thank you for your all help guys

especially Nebulous112

Edited by GroveStGTAV
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nebulous112
32 minutes ago, GroveStGTAV said:

I cant clearly understand you so should i create a camp above the ewing basin? Then search entire lake isabella?

 

UgII27ur.jpg

 

I created my camp here like you said.

 

9 minutes ago, GroveStGTAV said:

Finally!!!!! I found it two times.

 

fist was female mosee with 2 star then i tried again put herboive bait and male mosee with 3 star spawned 

 

The methot is,

 

put herbovie bait on the ice in lake isabella then climb top of the waterfall and Moose will spawn in 2 seconds

 

thank you for your all help guys

especially Nebulous112

Nice! I’m glad it worked! Yeah, I just meant camp exactly where you did in the screenshot and just run on foot up the road north and on the second curve of the road (just past the island) there is a little hill and the moose is right on the road there for me all the time. I slow down and approach silently and I see his antlers poking up first as I go up the hill, lol.

 

Anyway, I’m glad the location worked with a different strategy! Seems like prime moose country there even though the map has no icon for it, lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GroveStGTAV

Game keeps spawning horse instead moose now

Edited by GroveStGTAV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nebulous112
31 minutes ago, GroveStGTAV said:

Game keeps spawning horse instead moose now

I think there is a timer. Go hunt something else or do something in a different area for a while and come back later for more moose. Might take a bit to get all 4 pelts needed by the trapper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.